We use it as an authentication platform for our customers.
Auth0 is the #3 ranked solution in top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools, #3 ranked solution in top Customer Identity and Access Management tools, and #4 ranked solution in top Access Management tools. PeerSpot users give Auth0 an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Auth0 is most commonly compared to Azure Active Directory (Azure AD): Auth0 vs Azure Active Directory (Azure AD). Auth0 is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.
Download the Single Sign-On (SSO) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022
What is Auth0?
Auth0 is an easily adaptable authentication and authorization platform.You can easily and quickly connect your apps, choose identity providers, add users, set up rules, customize your login page and access analytics from your Auth0 dashboard. It really is identity made simple for developers.
Auth0’s identity and management platform provides:
- Greater control
- Superior security
- Ease of use
With Auth0 You Can:
- Optimize for user experience, privacy, and security
- Use social login integrations
- Lower user friction
- Incorporate rich user profiling
- Facilitate more transactions.
- Incorporate multi-factor authentication, custom extensions, and step-up authentication for high-risk/high-value transactions
- Allow for anonymous initial use prior to registration
- Delegate access for B2B2C SaaS services
- Have access to an organizational portal, access controls, and multiple extensions
- Federate with industry partner IAM systems
- Establish layered policy and access controls
- Universal login: Auth0 makes it possible for you to authenticate users across all of your applications using your own custom, secure, and standards-based unified login.
- Single sign on: Auth0’s SSO feature allows users to log in once and use all applications they have been granted access to, regardless of whether or not it is through enterprise federation, social login, or username and password authentication.
- Multi factor authentication (MFA): This feature gives you the ability to restrict access to sensitive resources. When moving into more restricted areas of applications, Auth0’s MFA allows you to require users to authenticate with a stronger authentication mechanism.
- Actions: There are serverless developer tools to easily extend and customize Auth0. Auth0’s Actions is an extensibility platform that is designed to provide developers with more tools, and thus a better experience. Code is stored and runs on infrastructure owned and maintained by Auth0.
- Machine to machine: The Auth0 platform simplifies communication between APIs and trusted services. WIth Auth0, you can enable secure access to your API from other internal or external non-interactive third party-apps with minimal configuration.
- Passwordless: Auth0’s passwordless feature makes the authentication experience easy, and users don’t have to worry about reusing passwords across multiple sites, leaving your organization and your users more protected.
- Security: Auth0 security allows the application to grant access rights to the user's resources on another service. Additionally, you can also give a limited set of access rights (instead of a full one) at will.
- UI options: Auth0 provides the ability to use both built-in and custom UI. When developing your own iOS or Android application, you can choose either a native or browser-based login flow.
- Auth0 Analytics: Auth0 makes it easy to track users in an application or on a website. With Auth0 Analytics, you can capture and measure specific events like the number of new and existing users, the number of users registered in each application, in-app login activity in the past year, the number of new registrations during the current day, and much more. Auth0 Analytics provides this data via visual graphs and offers the feature to filter reports to gain more accurate information.
- Detailed documentation: Another benefit of Auth0 is that it includes detailed documentation and clear code examples in popular programming languages.
- Built-in libraries: Auth0 offers several libraries with a large number of technologies.
- Wide range of settings: With Auth0 you have the ability to choose from a variety of settings, and also have access to quality API.
Reviews from Real Users:
And Engineer Lead for SaaS Technology & Customer Success at a media company says, "The solution's overall flexibility and customizability were the chief factors for selecting it in the beginning. They still remain among the best reasons to use Auth0. The flexibility that you get, and what it's allowed us to do on top of it in terms of code, is key.”
"It's a very powerful platform,” says Shlomi C., a System Architect at Skai. “It has the ability to do the usual stuff, according to modern protocols, like OIDC and OAuth 2. But the real benefit of using the platform comes from its flexibility to enhance it with rules and, now, with what they call authentication pipelines. That is the most significant feature, as it allows you to customize everything regarding the authentication and authorization process.”
Jakub W., Principal Architect at a computer software company, says "The most important thing for me is compliance. Everything that they have developed in Auth0 is already certified by many regulators such as ISO. So, we do not need to take care of that. We have the shared responsibility model to share assets with other products we are using in the cloud.”
For Siddhit R., Linux Platform Engineer at a tech services company, "The most valuable feature is that it is simple to integrate, irrespective of your codebase.”
JetPrivilege, Safari, Schneider Electric
Auth0 Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Auth0 pricing: