IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Mist AI and Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Mist AI and Cloud is #18 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give Mist AI and Cloud an average rating of 6 out of 10. Mist AI and Cloud is most commonly compared to Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN: Mist AI and Cloud vs Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN. Mist AI and Cloud is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Mist AI and Cloud?

Mist AI uses a combination of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and data science techniques to optimize user experiences and simplify operations across the wireless access, wired access, and SD-WAN domains.

Data is ingested from numerous sources, including Juniper Mist Access Points, Switches, Session Smart Routers, and Firewalls for end-to-end insight into user experiences. These devices work in concert with Mist AI to optimize user experiences from client-to-cloud, including automated event correlation, root cause identification, Self-Driving Network™ operations, network assurance, proactive anomaly detection, and more.

Juniper also leverages Mist AI for next-generation customer support. It is the foundational element behind Marvis, the industry’s first AI-driven Virtual Network Assistant, which provides extensive insight and guidance to IT staff via a natural language conversational interface.

With Mist AI, operators save time and money with faster problem resolution and fewer onsite visits. Users benefit from a network infrastructure that is more predictable, reliable, and measurable.

Mist AI and Cloud was previously known as Mist Access Points.

Mist AI and Cloud Customers

Dartmouth, Hitachi, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Nebraska Furniture Mart, NTT, Okta

Mist AI and Cloud Video

Mist AI and Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Mist AI and Cloud pricing:
  • "The price is about the same compared to other vendors. There is an add-on license, but it's up to you if you want to buy it or not."
  • "The price of this product is approximately the same as competing products in the market."
  • Mist AI and Cloud Reviews

Haytham Marzouk - PeerSpot reviewer
    Security System Engineer at Fireware
    With Wi-Fi 6, we're able to have better coverage and better performance
    • "AI is the most valuable feature."
    • "There could be more integration."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for its wireless capabilities. The solution is deployed across six different locations, and all of them are retail. The solution is deployed on a private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

With Wi-Fi 6, we are getting better coverage and better performance.

What is most valuable?

AI is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

There could be more integration.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Aruba Networks and others in Wireless LAN. Updated: June 2022.
    610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Mist for about two and a half years.

The product is stable.

It's scalable.

Technical support is very fast. It's very easy to open tickets and they respond quickly.

We were using Extreme Networks before. We found that it's much easier to manage with Mist.

Initial setup was a bit complex. There were different options and configurations to implement. We have around 400 access points, so implementation took one month. We used a team of about 20 people. There was a technician for the mounting and another four engineers for the configuration. Our implementation strategy was a migration from the old access point to the new one.

We used a reseller for the deployment.

We also evaluated Aruba.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10. It's just easy for troubleshooting. One of the reasons that we are changing is because troubleshooting in the other solution is a bit difficult, but Mist makes our lives a little easier.

Private Cloud
    Manager of Infrastructure and Security Services at a government with 501-1,000 employees
    Poor power consumption using POE has led me to turn off many of the features
    • "The triangulation feature can be used to determine where a person is in relation to the access point."

What is our primary use case?

For the time being, I am only using these access points on a demo.

What is most valuable?

The triangulation feature can be used to determine where a person is in relation to the access point. That's a cool feature.

What needs improvement?

The main problem is that the power consumption for the access point is always screaming that it needs more power. It's supposed to be POE and I set it up as the recommend POE supply, and it's still screaming that it needs more power. In comparison, I have no such problem with my Aruba system.

I have been using the Mist Access Points for approximately nine months.

Since I upgraded the firmware, it has been a stable product. However, I have a lot of the features turned off because of the power problems with it.

I also use Aruba wireless, and I am happier with that product. For example, I do not have the problem with power consumption that I am having with Mist.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I am not too happy with Mist Access Points.

I would rate this solution a three out of ten.

June 2022
      610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.
      Network Administrator at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
      Inter-functionality with other vendors was a negative but the feature set is extremely good

What is our primary use case?

I work in the government sector.

What is most valuable?

The product feature set is extremely good and there was lots of visibility into different things that were not only network-related.

What needs improvement?

I found the inter-functionality with other vendors a negative, and we weren't particularly happy with their sales model when it came to roll-out and implementation.

I worked briefly with this product.

The sales support team was real pushy in the beginning, and when we tried to implement and had some issues, they disappeared and then wanted their things returned.

What other advice do I have?

Mist was messy for us and the product was more than we needed in our schools. It's not necessarily a bad solution but not well suited to our use case so I rate it six out of 10.

Download our free Wireless LAN Report and find out what your peers are saying about Juniper, Cisco, Aruba Networks, and more!
      Updated: June 2022