Micro Focus Content Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus Content Manager is the #3 ranked solution in top Document Management Software, #5 ranked solution in top File Archiving tools, and #10 ranked solution in top Enterprise Content Management tools. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus Content Manager an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Micro Focus Content Manager is most commonly compared to SharePoint: Micro Focus Content Manager vs SharePoint. Micro Focus Content Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a government, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Content Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: December 2022

What is Micro Focus Content Manager?

Micro Focus Content Manager, formerly Records Manager, is a governance-based enterprise content management system designed to help government agencies, regulated industries and global organizations manage their business content from creation to disposal. Regardless of how you create and collaborate on your content, Content Manager gives you the ability to leverage accurate, contextual, and complete information throughout its lifecycle. Managing your content in this way helps you significantly improve services to your customers, business decisions and insight for future strategy.

Micro Focus Content Manager was previously known as HPE Records Manager, HPE Content Manager.

Micro Focus Content Manager Customers

Missouri State Courts

Micro Focus Content Manager Video

Micro Focus Content Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus Content Manager pricing:
"The fees incurred are for the licensing and maintenance."

Micro Focus Content Manager Reviews

Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
A stable and scalable solution which offers good support and is easy to set up, but should have better ease of use
  • "We like how the solution allows us to have retention of records and workflows, as well as its fire plan."
  • "The ease of use should be addressed."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for records management.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution allows us to do digital management, everything being digital nowadays, without the need to resort to paper use. The entire process has been digitized.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The ease of use should be addressed. If one is skillful then this will not present a problem, but a person who is not will be forced to struggle.

Mobility, as it relates to the ability to have access, should also be addressed.

Enterprise Content Management
December 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, IBM and others in Enterprise Content Management. Updated: December 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using Micro Focus Content Manager for five years.

The solution is stable and is being used by bigger companies the world over.

The solution is scalable. The technology allows for the scaling of different modules. Unlike SharePoint, the scalability is fine. There are different modules that can be scaled within the technology.

We have plans to increase the usage.

Premium support is available and it is good.

Prior to the use of Micro Focus Content Manager we made use of SharePoint. We switched to the current solution since it provides a more mature process of records management.

The deployment took six months and our implementation strategy was that of a cloud-based service package.

The implementation is handled by the partners.

We did everything on our own.

There are around five people responsible for deployment and maintenance.

I would prefer not to address the frequency of our licensing requirements.

The fees incurred are for the licensing and maintenance.

We also evaluated OpenText, but decided to go with Micro Focus Content Manager in the end.

What other advice do I have?

The entire organization makes use of the solution and this is primarily done by those in charge of records management.

The organization comprises 500 people.

My advice to others is that they cannot go wrong with the solution. It is the stable and secure Content Manager product available.

I rate Micro Focus Content Manager as a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Download our free Enterprise Content Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, IBM, and more!
Updated: December 2022