LogRhythm NetMon OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

LogRhythm NetMon is the #47 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give LogRhythm NetMon an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. LogRhythm NetMon is most commonly compared to PRTG Network Monitor: LogRhythm NetMon vs PRTG Network Monitor. LogRhythm NetMon is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is LogRhythm NetMon?

Identify Emerging Threats on Your Network in Real Time

Transform your physical or virtual system into a network forensics sensor in a matter of minutes for free with LogRhythm's NetMon Freemium. Your investigations will come together effortlessly with extensive corresponding metadata, full packet capture, and customizable advanced correlation.. Detect network-based threats with real-time network monitoring and big data analytics

Get the visibility you need with NetMon.

LogRhythm NetMon was previously known as LogRhythm Network Monitor .

LogRhythm NetMon Customers

Sera-Brynn

LogRhythm NetMon Video

LogRhythm NetMon Pricing Advice

What users are saying about LogRhythm NetMon pricing:
"NetMon's licensing costs about $85k per year, with some extra costs for support."

LogRhythm NetMon Reviews

SumitKumar10 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior project engineer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
Is user-friendly and easy to set up, and provides the ability to customize dashboards
  • "The protocols with which you see the traffic for a particular website that a client has in their environment, for example, are valuable. We can monitor whether the traffic is up to the mark or whether they need to add more bandwidth. Also, we can see if we're able to get real-time environment data as well. The customization dashboard is really good. LogRhythm NetMon has its own in-built dashboards which are helpful in guiding customization."
  • "There is an issue with tunneling in relation to how the connectivity is established between the end devices and where NetMon is installed. On the console, I often observe that there's a difference of a few seconds or maybe a minute, and this lag time should not be there."

What is our primary use case?

Our client has given us IP addresses that must be assigned to a few devices at their end, such as networks, network devices, and firewalls, that we monitor using NetMon. We see whether those packets have been captured properly and what kind of traffic has been enabled like HTTPS, HTTP, and DNS servers. We also monitor how the traffic is flowing and how much data has been downloaded through one IP.

How has it helped my organization?

LogRhythm NetMon has helped us create a more robust environment. We have more effective monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The protocols with which you see the traffic for a particular website that a client has in their environment, for example, are valuable. We can monitor whether the traffic is up to the mark or whether they need to add more bandwidth. Also, we can see if we're able to get real-time environment data as well.

What needs improvement?

There is an issue with tunneling in relation to how the connectivity is established between the end devices and where NetMon is installed. On the console, I often observe that there's a difference of a few seconds or maybe a minute, and this lag time should not be there.

The console can be improved in terms of access. It takes time to load the whole tool, though it might not all be related to NetMon. It could be related to the server. If there are a lot of VPN hops in between, then there will be the possibility of lag time.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about LogRhythm, SolarWinds, Cisco and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
670,080 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been using this solution for about a year.

It's a stable solution.

It's a scalable solution. We have nine companies who use the solution, and we have one more client who is getting ready to use it as well.

NetMon's technical support is good, and I would give them a rating of ten out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The initial setup is straightforward. I was able to install the whole OS on the hardware and integrate it with my SIEM environment.

If you have had exposure to infrastructure and know how to establish or set up a server, you will be able to deploy NetMon yourself. If not, you may need one more person.

I deployed it myself with some initial help from the infrastructure team.

What other advice do I have?

Check your requirements and the infrastructure so that you know the type of license you need to obtain. It's a good, user-friendly tool. If you have a bit of background in security, you'll be able to understand NetMon easily. On a scale from one to ten, I would rate NetMon at eight.

Manager at Meghna Bank
Excellent traffic analysis
  • "NetMon's best feature is traffic analysis."
  • "Sometimes it's hard to find the network devices' self-audit logs."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use NetMon for traffic analysis and flow and to determine if anyone is using a previous password.

What is most valuable?

NetMon's best feature is traffic analysis.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes it's hard to find the network devices' self-audit logs.

I've been using NetMon for four years.

NetMon is stable.

LogRhythm's support team isn't responsive enough - it's common to wait a day or two for someone to deal with a case.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup was quite easy and very transparent, and the deployment took four hours.

We used a professional service.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend NetMon to other users and would rate it eight out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about LogRhythm, SolarWinds, Cisco, and more!
Updated: January 2023