LogMeIn Rescue OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Remote Access Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is LogMeIn Rescue?

LogMeIn Rescue delivers unparalleled remote IT support technology that allows enterprises to better manage mobile remote support and remote desktop support helping users across PC, Mac, iOS, Android support and more. Features include remote computer access, mobile app support, and the exciting Rescue Lens interactive video support feature that allows support technicians to see exactly what the end user can see. LogMeIn Rescue is truly on the cutting edge of the remote technical support industry.

Free Trial

LogMeIn Rescue Customers

Lenovo, HTC, 3M, Accenture, IBM, HP, General Electric, Make-A-Wish, Vodafone, Zero Motorcycles, Arise, Fuji Xerox, Endsleigh Insurance, Fordham University, Hologic, Meineke, Motorola, Toyota, and more.

LogMeIn Rescue Video

Archived LogMeIn Rescue Reviews (more than two years old)

Vice President at a tech vendor with 11-50 employees
Reduces our support time because we can see our client's screen and address the issue
  • "The most valuable feature is the ability for people to use LogMeIn's app that we install with our software, to bring us online with one click, so we can view their computer screens. It's easy and a lot of folks like it."
  • "The vendor's reliability provides me with peace of mind. Over the 10-plus years, we've literally had no issues with it going down or with it causing any problems or causing issues when our end-users are trying to get access to it."
  • "The app itself requires so many different updates and it requires us to rebuild it every time, and that's been a bit of a problem, over the last five years, in keeping it up to date for our clients."
  • "Their ability to support mobile has been really problematic. I've seen other products that have done a better job in supporting mobile products. LogMeIn has just never been able to come up to par there, and that would be a detractor. They've been talking about supporting mobile for 10-plus years, and I really haven't seen any improvement on that."

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily for support of our clients. It allows us to get remote access to their computers, with their permission, to review how our software works or to address issues or to do some training items.

How has it helped my organization?

Answering questions that normally might take 10, 15, or 20 minutes, if we were trying to explain things over the phone, can be done in five minutes or less when we can see their screen.

The solution has increased end-user satisfaction. They're less likely to avoid calling us or to be frustrated because they know they can get issues answered fairly quickly. They're not sitting on the phone having to explain what the problem is. They can call us up, bring us online, and we can see what the issue is and address it faster. They're happy about that.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ability for people to use LogMeIn's app that we install with our software, to bring us online with one click, so we can view their computer screens. It's easy and a lot of folks like it.

For a technician who is providing support it's fairly easy. I can't think of anything that would be negative about it or where there have been any challenges associated with it.

What needs improvement?

The solution definitely needs better integration. Reporting is also another part that is lacking. It needs better integration with other CRM products and things like that.

We use other products from LogMeIn that have their own, additional costs. None of them really work together. Rescue is really on its own, but it would be nice if I didn't have to use two different products when they could be blended together into one.

And the app itself requires so many different updates, requiring us to rebuild it every time, and that's been a bit of a problem, over the last five years, in keeping it up to date for our clients.

From time to time they would have learning sessions to help us learn about new features, but they've become sales pitches as opposed to getting into deeper technology for how we could use it better. They haven't really improved much of it, as far as new features and functionality go. That seems to be lacking in that product.

Also, their ability to support mobile has been really problematic. I've seen other products that have done a better job in supporting mobile products. LogMeIn has just never been able to come up to par there, and that would be a detractor. They've been talking about supporting mobile for 10-plus years, and I really haven't seen any improvement on that.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, TeamViewer, BeyondTrust and others in Remote Access. Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using LogMeIn Rescue for 10-plus years.

We haven't had one issue, as far as reliability goes. It's never been down. It's never caused any major issues or outages or anything like that. Having it for 10-plus years and not having an issue with is better than Google and some of the other ones we've dealt with. It's very good.

That level of reliability is important because it gives us the ability to get online with people, and support them and engage with them when they call in. It would just take more of our time, more effort on our part, and cause more frustration to our clients if it were not working. It does make a big difference.

When I opened up tickets with LogMeIn earlier on, 10-plus years ago when we first started with it, all the issues were answered fairly quickly and were addressed.

In recent years when we might have had questions or issues, it has taken a lot longer, to a point that oftentimes we just don't even bother. I would bring up the various challenges that we have with the account reps at the renewals, and they would then get some person involved in explaining them or saying that they were going to go back to the developers to bring them up and get them fixed, but nothing has ever really been addressed when it comes to the major side of things. They just keep doing what they're doing and saying that's what it is.

Back then (10-plus years ago) the setup was in between straightforward and complex. I wouldn't say it was the easiest, as far as the deployments go. And their interface really hasn't changed much. It's a little older-looking. What our clients see is fine, but the backend interface hasn't been updated in awhile.

There weren't any issues with the initial deployment. It went fairly quickly. But since then, in the last five years or so, there really haven't been any major improvements to it.

When we deployed it, training didn't really take that long. We figured out most of it and were able to build in automations to make it a seamless integration, so that our clients could call on the phone or click the link on our client installed in their software on-prem, and they would bring us online. There are little challenges you run into with internet connectivity and firewalls and the like, but we were able to get around them. And with some of the updates they've done to the product over the years, they've made that a little bit more streamlined, but it's still problematic at times.

Overall, our deployment didn't take more than about a week. We just bought it and started using it and showed it to our folks internally. We were a much smaller company back then too, so it was only a couple of us using it.

We did it all internally.

I don't have to hire as many employees for support and I have happier customers who say they get good support. That helps in selling to other potential customers. That's a major point of what we do in our business: client retention and client satisfaction. This product specifically helps us in those areas.

The vendor's reliability provides me with peace of mind. Over the 10-plus years, we've literally had no issues with it going down or with it causing any problems or causing issues when our end-users are trying to get access to it. And, at the most, we've had minimal issues associated with the clients themselves using it.

I did look into a couple of other products, TeamViewer in particular, at one point. The price point of Rescue, compared to some of the other things that are in the marketplace right now, is high. But it's what I would call the "Cadillac" of the industry.

That being said, it's been very reliable and it just works. That is what it comes down to, so we just accept that and pay for it.

The licensing is pretty straightforward. It is what it is. It's just a high price. They did have a concurrent pricing model that, in the end, didn't make sense for us because we use it too often.

The pros, when it comes to Rescue, are that it works and it's been reliable. Also, my user-base, my employees as well as my clients, are very used to it. That's just the way that we interact with them.

The negatives are that the price keeps going up. Their pricing has been a little unreasonable, in some cases, but we just grin and bear it.

Also, while they're keeping up with their technology, the way their product works, it essentially looks the same as it did 10-plus years ago. Most other vendors have at least upgraded and added newer features, but LogMeIn really hasn't. That being said, it still works well, so it's not a big detractor, but it could use a little cleanup. Other cons for Rescue are the update of their apps that we install and customize, and their lack of mobile support or doing anything about mobile support.

In addition to looking at TeamViewer, we have Zoom accounts, obviously, so some people use them for support. There were a couple of other products out there that were free or cheap that we used to use before going over to Rescue, but there were so many challenges, and we had to stand up servers to deal with them, and then security issues came into play with them so we had to get rid of them.

What other advice do I have?

I would steer potential users of Rescue away from the client app and tell them to just use the PIN. There are a lot of benefits to using the client app, but they don't keep it up to date or make it easier to deploy. The way that they've created the client app is a little antiquated, and it doesn't really do what they say it does.

We have eight licenses now, and the roles of the users of the solution in our company are support technicians, deployment technicians, and there are a couple of people who use it to do training. Deployment and maintenance are done by me.

They say it does more. You can set it up so that it can do remote access, unattended, for certain computers and servers, but we've found that their other product, LogMeIn Pro, is better suited for that.

Overall, LogMeIn Rescue is a tool that we use that has been effective. We've been using it for so long, it's just the way we do stuff. That's what it comes down to. I give it a solid eight out of 10. It's not a total 10, but it definitely is a solid product. It's dependable and does what we need it to do. I do feel it's overpriced, but it provides the specific functionality that we need.

VP at Step 1 Software
Hugely helped to decrease the time it takes to handle support issues
  • "They've thought of everything in terms of features. It's got all the little drill-down details and capabilities to apply patches and other stuff like that. I don't use everything they offer but you can go wherever you want to take this tool. It's been around for a really long time. We try as much as possible to train our staff to take care of their own systems and train our customer staff to take care of their own systems. There's a little laser pointer feature that you can pull up on the screen and say, "No, over here, click on this." That's very educational. It's a simple thing but when you're trying to get people to take responsibility and learn to take care of their own infrastructure, being able to just point at something while you're viewing their screen, as well as, take over their screen, is very valuable."
  • "Nothing's perfect but I think it's really a great tool just the way it is. The suggestion that I made to them at their user advisory board is that they combine the two products, Rescue and Central, into one because you really should have both. A bunch of the other people in that meeting very much liked that."

What is our primary use case?

We're a software company and our support staff uses Rescue to help our customers who are in a pinch and for regular maintenance. It's a tool that we use to take over servers because that's typically what most of our support works on. But we also use it to pop into an iPad for a sales rep out in the field who's struggling.

It's a SaaS model. It's an app that resides on our technicians' computers but it goes through their Cloud.

We primarily use the LogMeIn Central program for established connections. But LogMeIn Rescue is a little easier to get into when you're in a pinch. If somebody is really in trouble, Rescue has been a great supplement to the other LogMeIn products that we've used for decades.

How has it helped my organization?

The speed of getting in there and resolving a simple problem has improved my organization. That's the key to this whole thing. When COVID first broke out, we went around to all of our customers and helped them set up their users who are now working from home. Rescue was key in being able to do that quickly. We typically charge for this support time but during COVID, we offered that service for free.

It was really critical for us to be able to get in there, get them set up, get out of there, and not spend a lot of money on things that weren't really our responsibility. When we were getting into people's home computers, it can be a bucket of snakes if we're not careful. It was really nice to get in there, install our stuff, get out, and move on to the next one.

I actually had a temp that I hired, who came in just for that purpose. It's somebody I knew who I just brought in for extra labor to help us through that workload. It's a very easy product to get people started on if they have basic tech concepts. The customer's experience is completely simplified. It's great.

Rescue does offer quite a lot of power. As far as the technical tools to go through and look for problems and to apply patches, you can save your work and apply the same setting changes and stuff to another computer when you get into that other computer. We don't use it that often but the automation aspects of it are pretty powerful. We only use that for our internal systems but it's a great tool for that.

We don't use its Access Wizard to enable mass deployment of the unattended access features. We really use this tool for ad-hoc support. We use this in emergency situations and as an alternate way of getting in there. If we're going to get into supporting a system, we would use their regular LogMeIn-based product, LogMeIn Central. That's where we would do all that kind of automation. We wouldn't do that in Rescue.

Rescue has hugely helped to decrease the time it takes to handle support issues. It really dropped the cost of doing support for our customers. All of the LogMeIn tools in one way or another are helping us to do that. We've been doing this for a long time. We've been in business since '77, and we've tried all sorts of different tools, which is unusual for a software company. The reason we went with LogMeIn was because of the security and ease of use. Security was a big thing. It was the security and ease of use, as I literally can get anybody in here, even if they're not IT, and get them onto a customer's system and help the customer through something that might not be that technical. We used to have to pick up the phone and walk people through every screen. Comparing Rescue to modern era remote control over the internet, if we didn't have these tools, we'd have to have two and a half times the staff. There are fifteen staff members between Join.me, LogMeIn Rescue and LogMeIn Central.

If I'm trying to get LogMeIn Central installed and I'm dealing with somebody who doesn't know the difference between the right and left mouse button, I'll pop in Rescue and then I'll install the Central product. The purpose of Central is it's just there forever, whenever you want to pop it in the machine. Although Rescue can do the same thing, Rescue tends to be more of a one-time connection, a hotspot connection to just pop in there and put out a fire and move on. Customers expect it these days. If you don't have it, you're in trouble, customers don't want to learn IT.

My customers exclusively sell cleaning chemicals and PPE. So the COVID situation has sometimes tripled their business and it's a unique niche market where they don't have time for things. Rescue allows me to almost be invisible, go in there, solve the problem, and let them continue doing their work. The more invisible I can be and the less I'm sitting there on the phone, walking them through it, the less I have to drag them through the process, the more they can be making the world safe. Rescue is a mission-critical tool with the way it allows you to do stuff, get in there, get out, and get the job done. Even if I had three times the staff or two and a half times the staff to go do that stuff, we'd lose customers because they would not have the patience to be dragged through all that stuff.

Rescue has increased our customers' and users' satisfaction. It's the tool that we use when they throw their hands up in the air, whether they're on an iPad or they're on a server.

Another good example of how it has helped us is with all of the hurricanes that have been coming in this year. This happens to us every year. We'll talk to a customer and realize, they're saying, "Hey, I'm in the path of the hurricane. I want to grab a backup before I leave the building." Because of Rescue and the other LogMeIn tools, we can instantly get in there and solve a problem. We had a customer that get hit pretty hard. Three-quarters of their building roof was ripped off and we had the backup running in a couple of hours because we had gone in and made sure that they took the back up with them when they left the building. They were right in Lake Charles where the last two hurricanes came through. So, Rescue has absolutely made the customers 100% happier just knowing that we can help them out in a pinch and so quickly and easily.

This has increased their willingness to call when there's an issue quite a bit with the extra services we've been offering since COVID. They've been more willing to turn things over to us and let us do the work. It's also because they're so busy. The fact that they can see us made them more comfortable. The other day a customer said, "I feel so much better knowing you guys can go in there and check things for me now."

Everything we do helps them with productivity because we're an industry-specific package for them. They can't invoice their customers and they can't see what they bought if our systems aren't working. They're highly dependent on us. They're absolutely more dependent and happier to turn it over to us than ever.

What is most valuable?

They've thought of everything in terms of features. It's got all the little drill-down details and capabilities to apply patches and other stuff like that. I don't use everything they offer but you can go wherever you want to take this tool. It's been around for a really long time. We try as much as possible to train our staff to take care of their own systems and train our customer staff to take care of their own systems.

In terms of the ease of use, I've gotten people in there who take to it right away. Once you're connected, it's very easy. It is very easy for the customer to connect. We use every remote control program out there. The reason that we go with this one is because it is extremely simple and quick to get the customer to connect.

There are other products like Join.me that do screen sharing and stuff but they're not as easy to get the customer online. If I have a sales rep out in the field on an iPad, who's losing his mind because he can't get something to go through, I can literally just have them go to a website, click on a button, and boom, I can see his screen. I can calm him down and just say, "Okay, the button you're looking for is on the right-hand bottom."

What needs improvement?

Nothing's perfect but I think it's really a great tool just the way it is. The suggestion that I made to them at their user advisory board is that they combine the two products, Rescue and Central, into one because you really should have both. A bunch of the other people in that meeting very much liked that.

The product itself is really well-developed. You can tell the people who designed it were all support techs, and they've really worked on giving you every bell and whistle you might want. Other than how it's marketed, I wouldn't have a lot of other suggestions on changes.

I have been using LogMeIn Rescue for about two years.

Rescue is probably the most reliable, quick connection utility that we've seen, even including the other LogMeIn products, which is why we bought it. The only time that we haven't been able to connect to somebody and successfully complete a task was when they simply didn't have the security access or rights to the device that we were connecting to. Plus or minus the internet connection going down in the middle of trying to get online on there, it's pretty flawless.

We haven't experienced any downtime from them yet. They did a maintenance thing over the weekend and they sent out a notice stating that for a few hours, they were going to be doing something on their end and the services would be offline, but we haven't experienced any downtime. I have experienced downtime with other products that we've used, but I haven't seen LogMeIn have any downtime on any of their products.

The scalability looks really good. In fact, we're going to keep on adding seats. I love the way they bundle it. I have people in every time zone, so I actually can have shifts and if I want to switch to a 24-hour shift, the same seat can be rotated between three people, eight hours each.

If I had 45 people working eight hours shifts, that would be 15 people on at the time. I'd only need 15 licenses because I wouldn't have to buy 45 seats. I'd just have to have the same one for the first eight-hour shift and that works for the guy who relieves him and the guy that relieves him. It's nice.

The staff that use it use it two or three times a day and likely for anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes in each session. If we're going to get in for a longer connection, then we'll install the full LogMeIn product because that's not just a Rescue situation and putting out a fire type thing. That's ongoing maintenance of the system.

We would use Central at that point. There's some product overlap there. We're a little different. If I'm contracting IT support, my need to get into that system once a week or even once a month may not exist as much. For us, we're getting in there on a regular basis once or twice a month, sometimes more, especially during startup and upgrade projects and stuff.

For us, LogMeIn is the key product for that but I could see other IT companies just using Rescue differently than we do because we have a little bit different use cases and using it as just an ongoing thing. If I was just IT for hire, I probably would only use Rescue and not Central. Rescue is just so easy to get people connected, that we'll go in there, get connected, and then install LogMeIn Central for ongoing maintenance and such.

The technical support is quite good. They're one of the more knowledgeable groups within the LogMeIn group because LogMeIn has some products that are meant for the masses more than Rescue. They have millions of Join.me users who just share screens for quick meetings. That's a different level of product tech support. The Rescue people tend to be very advanced and really knowledgeable about the product. For all their products, they're very good for support, but the Rescue tech I've talked to are very knowledgeable.

We have used TeamViewer. We've used Microsoft products like Remote Desktop and variants of that. The reason we went with LogMeIn is that it is the one product that we have never seen hacked. The security and the reviews from the people I trust that use it was really important to us.

To have products like Password Manager available that are designed to work with the other suites of products really increases the security. Good luck finding another Password Manager that is designed for enterprise IT and keeping passwords close to the vest like that one is. I know it's a different product, but all of the security built into their suite of products is really relevant here.

TeamViewer is a lot harder to use. Google products aren't that secure. They were eliminated. TeamViewer is a little more cumbersome. TeamViewer's configuration on how they bundle it is a lot more complex. I think LogMeIn just understands how the product would be used and they're hitting the target on how to implement it. TeamViewer also has a history of being hacked.

We can't dictate what remote control programs our customers want to use, so we have to use whatever they tell us to use. That's why we have and continue to use all the popular ones. But we've seen with our customers, they eventually get frustrated with them. Some of them may do a free trial on one or another and then eventually when that free trial runs out and they get frustrated with it, they switch over to LogMeIn products.

The initial setup was straightforward. We're pretty skilled at such things, we just downloaded the demo copy and did a test drive of it. Within a couple of weeks, we decided to buy it.

We are an advanced group on this topic. When we have trained our other staff, it's taken a while for our less technical staff, but we had a crew of our higher-end people involved in this. We had a sales presentation after we did the app, as our trial was expiring and the guy they had to do the sales presentation was so great. It really solidified exactly how easy it is to use. They have a video library page of all the training videos and they also send out interactive user group meetings and live presentations, where they'll present the product on a certain topic.

Between the initial presentation which was pretty in-depth and their online learning capabilities, their online learning videos, and live meetings, that's really been all we've needed. I don't have everybody using this product yet. It's still more of our level two, level three techs. We've kind of kept out the level ones. But when I brought in that temp guy, he was like a level one tech, and he took to it in just a matter of minutes. I don't think that the training on this is much more than a 10 to 15-minute orientation.

There are five users who use it in our organization.

The only part that requires maintenance or administration is just making sure the passwords are secure. I don't necessarily consider that part of Rescue. That's really the only overhead in maintenance. When there's a new patch to the product and you go in, it just upgrades you. So it's really a zero maintenance type situation for us because it's a SaaS model where we've done it on the Cloud, we just log in, and if there's an update, it runs it.

Over the two week trial period, it took half an hour of set up time, the rest of it was just downloading the program and installing it.

We have absolutely seen ROI. For us, labor is 75% of our expenses. The more I can keep somebody and move on to something else, the more we lower those expenses.

They have a technician console and they have a management console. I tend to use the management console quite a bit. There are a ton of add-on tools out here. Everything we've ever wanted to use this for has always been out there, but we may not be fully utilizing it that way. We really just use it for putting out fires.

We don't really use it for its functionality beyond remote control, not much more than just the remote control, the training, being able to point at something on the screen, live training types of things.

Reliability provides us with some peace of mind. They're really a big company, they've made acquisitions of the GoToMeeting suite and continue to grow. The management there seems to have a quality growth track in mind, not just quantity. They're not like a Zoom or something that I'm worried about becoming the next Facebook and compromising privacy or whatever.

I've been doing this for a long time and we've abandoned other companies because their business path didn't seem in line with ours. That goes way back to when companies like Norton offered their pcAnywhere product. The corporation bothered us with some of the stuff they were doing. They would increase prices without increasing functionality to us.

We save two to two and a half times the labor that we would incur otherwise without Rescue.

Rescue is fairly priced. They allow you flexibility on the licensing, which makes it a lot easier. I have customers that have abandoned the LogMeIn Central product because of pricing reasons. But the Rescue product is fairly decently priced. I have customers who've based on a recommendation, also bought the Rescue product, so they're using the same thing we are.

What other advice do I have?

Rescue increases your ability to quickly and efficiently turn problems into opportunities with your customers, by being that person who can put out a fire and allow them to continue normal operations.

My advice would be to start off with a team that is designed to roll out the product and be able to support your team in using the product the way that you want to implement it, and the way that you see it being used within your organization. Then to have that team train the other people on how you would use it.

I would rate LogMeIn Rescue a nine and a half out of ten. Their product is well thought out and completely in-depth to meet any needs that IT support ever run into. Their support team is excellent to work with and understands what we're trying to do and helps us resolve it quickly when we have issues. Including all through the COVID crisis, they've been right there for us and it's just been an excellent partnership with them.

November 2022
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Robert Gabriel - PeerSpot reviewer
President/CEO at Microwize Technology Inc.
Increased our customer satisfaction and staff productivity
  • "Customer satisfaction went up by 40 percent and productivity for my staff went up by 30 percent."
  • "The billing team was poor when fixing their billing mistake and customer service was missing in action."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for customer support (desktop and application support). Customers will call us about an error message or how to do something, then we log into their screen and take over, guiding them. We also use this solution for upgrades. When we want to upgrade a local software, we log in and take over to transfer the files and upgrade.

We are using the latest version.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed me to do business worldwide, supporting clients no matter where they are, connecting into most environments and helping end users with their application needs.

It has helped me to do support with as few technicians as possible so I could maximize my customers and keep my technicians at a minimum.

What is most valuable?

It is fast. It has many features, such as transferring a file or taking over the computer. I can darken the screen if I don't want somebody to see what I'm doing. I can reboot the computer without the presence of the user. When I lose Internet connection, it reconnects me again. I also can invite another technician to help me with something.

What needs improvement?

The two problems that I have with LogMeIn are:

1. Sales is very eschewed when they come to negotiating an agreement.
  2. The billing team was poor when fixing their billing mistake and customer service was missing in action. The was the first week in January, not during the coronavirus crisis.

About 15 years.

It is very stable.

We do about one hour of maintenance a month to make sure the people who are there belong there.

It's very scalable, both vertically and horizontally.

Our four users are technical support and trainers.

I had a big problem with LogMeIn in the beginning of the year. What happened is they messed up my billing and kept denying it. They kept sending me messages saying that my credit card was declined, but I have unlimited charging on my credit card. Since I knew there was nothing wrong with my credit card, I kept calling. Then one day I went from 25 user licenses (which is what I was supposed to have) down to eight. On that day, nobody would solve the issue when I called support or sales; nobody returned my call in sales nor support. Therefore, I decided to terminate the account and went with a different solution. Two weeks to a month later, they discovered that the error was on their end. It was then that they contacted me and offered me anything I wanted to bring me back, but it was too late. I had already signed an agreement with somebody else. Now, I'm using LogMeIn Rescue at a smaller scale. I did keep a LogMeIn account because I know it works really well, and sometimes, we have incompatibility with certain high security places where LogMeIn will usually work.

In 15 years, I never called for technical support. The solution is dumb-proof. However, we are a technology companies and help people with technical things. So, if you're technically savvy, you can figure it out with zero support.

I did switch in the middle of using LogMeIn Rescue, like eight years into its use. I found another solution which was a lot cheaper. After using it for two weeks, I found that our productivity was reduced by 70 percent. Also, technicians and customers were frustrated. Then, I switched back to LogMeIn right away.

I was involved in the setup. It was very easy and straightforward.

The deployment took an hour. When I deployed it, we set up an admin group and different levels of technicians, then different security levels for each group. After that, we showed people how to use it and got it up and running in a few hours.

You can be up and running with zero dedicated staff (or one person) for deployment in a couple hours. It would be different if you had a corporation, like Microsoft, who might be using the solution. Our organization has 40 employees, so I was able to get it up and running in a couple of hours.

We have see ROI with LogMeIn Rescue. Customer satisfaction went up by 40 percent and productivity for my staff went up by 30 percent.

While LogMeIn Rescue is a great product and a leader in the industry, it's way pricey. Price is the most negative thing about LogMeIn Rescue.

Right now, I'm using ScreenConnect, which is about $45 per technician. Unless I buy LogMeIn with a large license and commit for the long-term and prepay, I will have to pay almost $120 per user a month. It's almost three times the price over the normal price for ScreenConnect, which is very similar in regards to all of the features that LogMeIn Rescue can do.

I think LogMeIn may have a mobile license, but I don't support mobile devices yet. I think mobile devices need an additional license.

I also use ScreenConnect because it's owned by the ConnectWise who owns our CRM. ScreenConnect integrates really nicely with my CRM. It's very light and has a lot of the features. It doesn't look as sophisticated as LogMeIn Rescue, but it's doing the same work for a third of the price.

What other advice do I have?

if money is no object, LogMeIn Rescue is a great option. However, negotiate a good deal because prices can fluctuate between $79 and $120 per user a month.

Biggest lesson learnt: Sometimes cheap can be expensive.

I would rate this product as a nine (out of 10) for stability, reliability, scalability, and security.

it_user793641 - PeerSpot reviewer
Net Admin at a translation and localization position with 51-200 employees
It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions
  • "No issues with scalability. It is a fairly simple model. If I wanted to add five more, I would just buy five more people and licenses, apply the program to their computers, and give them their login."
  • "​The initial setup is easy. If you want the desktop program, you just download and install it."
  • "It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions."
  • "​Network browsing and connecting on the LAN, because if you can't see the computers on your network​, what good is the product?"
  • "They need to improve their technical support."

What is our primary use case?

It is a remote desktop support platform, so primarily we use it in that function to support our company.

How has it helped my organization?

Before we were using this, everything either had to be in-person, or one computer at a time. There was no way to access multiple computers, or share between technicians. This has allowed us to do all that while supporting everybody inside and outside our company simultaneously. It is much easier and simpler than anything else with a URL and code.

What is most valuable?

It is very straightforward to set up, use, install, and transfer sessions. File transfer, screen capture, video replay.

What needs improvement?

Network browsing and connecting on the LAN, because if you can't see the computers on your network, what good is the product?

Also, they need to improve their technical support.

It is stable.

No issues with scalability. It is a fairly simple model. If I wanted to add five more, I would just buy five more people and licenses, apply the program to their computers, and give them their login. It is a pretty easy process to get done.

Technical support is adequate. They are pretty focused on what it is that they do, and if there are any problems outside of that, they are not impressive.

Previously, we just used Remote Desktop and in-person sessions.

The initial setup is easy. If you want the desktop program, you just download and install it. There are no problems.

In-house

That's relative.

The rescue model is licensed by user. I have five users licensed.

The pricing is worth the value.

I never evaluated anybody else when purchasing this solution. There are other options now, but not that many options six years ago.

I have tried Bomgar, and some other items for this, but none of them when I was initially looking for a solution. At that time, LogMeIn was the best on the market.

it_user809925 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager at a retailer with 51-200 employees
we're able to log in when an issue happens and address it, so there's minimal downtime
  • "If an issue happens, we're able to log in at the time that it happens and address it , so there's minimal downtime."
  • "The ability see iOS devices helps us out a lot because the majority of our users are iOS device users."
  • "it's very easy to use, it's very efficient."
  • "The tech support person I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the product, and was straightforward with me about its capabilities. There was no fluff about the product. They basically said this is not available now and we're hoping to have it available in the third or fourth quarter. It was nice to talk to someone who was straightforward and knew about the product."
  • "it needs better iOS integration. It's still limited in its functionality when it comes to iOS. Currently, when you do something other than iOS, you're not able to take control of what's going on; instead of having to tell the user, "Click here, click there," I would like to have full control over an iOS device."

What is our primary use case?

To support users in the field.

How has it helped my organization?

Because we have many users in the field, the only time they would ever come to the corporate office is on a Monday, so if something would happen to go wrong on a Tuesday, the issue couldn't get resolved for a full week.

Now it's almost instantaneous. The issue happens, we're able to log in at the time that it happens and address the issue, so there's minimal downtime.

The ability see iOS devices helps us out a lot because the majority of our users are iOS device users. That is a great feature that's helped us tremendously over the course of the year. Because, to have an individual who doesn't know much about computers try to explain to you what the issue is, and you're trying to navigate them through menus, it's kind of difficult, especially when they're not that savvy with either iOS or the device itself.

What is most valuable?

The ability to remotely access the desktop, or remotely log in to the user's interface to see what they're doing and interact with them.

What needs improvement?

I would think it needs better iOS integration. It's still limited in its functionality when it comes to iOS. Currently, when you do something other than iOS, you're not able to take control of what's going on; instead of having to tell the user, "Click here, click there," I would like to have full control over an iOS device, if that were possible.

The other thing I'd like to see, because we are also a LogMeIn client, would be that at some time the two would integrate so I don't have two different platforms to manage.

I've never had any of stability issues. I've never had an issue where I was unable to use it for an extended period of time. Most of the time, if there is an issue, it is more internet based, or user based. Nothing with the product itself, though.

Because we only support about 100 users, but we never get many concurrent calls, whatever it offers now is perfect for us. It's not limited in its capabilities.

It was a good experience. The person I spoke to was very knowledgeable about the product, and was straightforward with me about its capabilities. There was no fluff about the product. They basically said, this is not available now and we're hoping to have it available in the third or fourth quarter. It was nice to talk to someone who was straightforward and knew about the product.

We did have another solution. It wasn't as user-friendly on the user side - not so much on my side, on the user side. I really needed something to tell the end user, "Just go to this website and install the product," and be done. The other product, I had to install it, make sure it was running when the laptop started. If it wasn't running, to tell the user how to start the product was an issue. So we just abandoned that whole solution.

Very simple. Go to a website, put in the meeting ID and just install the app that comes up. Straightforward, no issues. The software is pretty self-explanatory.

It's definitely worth the value.

At that time I was using LogMeIn, and I was very happy with that product, so when they started pushing Rescue, I demo-ed it and it was very similar to LogMeIn so I decided to go that route.

What other advice do I have?

I would just tell them to do it. It's a very easy solution. It will save them a ton of man-hours and downtime if they invest in this software, because again, it's very easy to use, it's very efficient.

At this point in time I'd give it an eight out of 10. I'd like to see, again, more iOS integration, the flexibility to work with iPads and iPhones a little more easily would definitely make the product top-notch. When it comes to PCs and Androids it's a non issue. It's a great product for Windows, Mac, and Android, but when it comes to iOS, it's still kind of limited.

Robert Gabriel - PeerSpot reviewer
President/CEO at Microwize Technology Inc.
My technicians are able to invite other technicians to connect live, and help
  • "I have technicians all over, and not everybody is an expert in all areas. They are able to bring other expertise from different locations with the click of a mouse. They can invite in other technicians, so I can have most of the technicians collaborate on the same question, and that’s really amazing."
  • "I tried different software out there and LogMeIn Rescue has the best compatibility. Something else might work, but you have conflict with so many networks. LogMeIn has the best ratio of almost 99% connection. Whereas, with some other software, you are lucky if you get 80%."
  • "It works with different operating systems, I can connect to a PC or Mac."
  • "It has a feature that, when you take over the machine, you can get into the system administrator level. We’re able to tweak things on the machine as if we’re sitting there."
  • "The one big problem that I have with LogMeIn Rescue is, I use a Mac. All my technicians use PCs. I use a Mac, and the Mac agent crashes at least once a day. I have to stop it and start it again. To date, I don’t have a problem with people using PC. I think the Mac app that they have needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

I use LogMeIn Rescue mostly. I have about 17 technicians that are using it. They connect to customers and they are able to take over the machine, and they can transfer files back and forth. They can invite in another technician. Everything is recorded and the customers get to send the review about the visit at the end of the session.

What is most valuable?

It works with different operating systems, I can connect to a PC or Mac.

The feature that, when you take over the machine, you can get into the system administrator level. We’re able to tweak things on the machine as if we’re sitting there.

More than five years.

No stability issues, ever.

No issues with scalability.

I don’t think we ever needed to get tech support on the line because the software is so easy to use. We are able to figure out everything ourselves. Maybe, in the last 12 years, if I remember correctly, it went down for 15 minutes. I don’t even remember if that’s true of not, but I don’t think we ever went down more than 15 minutes, one time.

I was using something called VNC Connect, that was a free solution. It was not as professional and it was not as secure as, I heard that people can get viruses from VNC. I didn’t want to take that chance. I went with LogMeIn Rescue and, again, the compatibility - that you can connect to people. Also, there’s something called the dial-in so for people that use us all the time, we can have an icon on their screen and they can click that icon and we connect to them.

For people whose computers we maintain, we can have those computers on file. Without having somebody to invite us, we can actually log in automatically, and that’s unlimited.

Collaboration is the most important thing where multiple technicians can connect, which the other software didn’t have. So we went from VNC to Rescue.

However, the cost of LogMeIn was high. I don’t remember the name of the product, but I went with another product that was going to give me savings of 50%. We tested it, one technician tested it, he gave us the thumbs up. Then once we moved all my technicians to it, it didn’t work. We had to go back and break the contract. In 12 years I to move to something else only once, because of cost. I quickly came back.

LogMeIn Rescue, they own another product, they just acquired it, it’s called GoToAssist, which costs less money but, again, it’s not as efficient as LogMeIn Rescue.

The set up was very straightforward. We didn’t even have to call tech support to create it.

You can create groups and you put technicians in the group and the technicians can have access to different resources, depending on the group. That’s really mostly for the computers that I have access to 24/7. You might not want to give all your technicians total control access to those resources. So you can have different groups.

I was actually pleasantly surprised when one of my people was getting support from Microsoft and they found out that Microsoft also uses LogMeIn Rescue. I didn’t need that to sell me. I tried to get off LogMeIn Rescue because of cost. But doing that hindered our performance and productivity and it was not worth the savings. We quickly went back to LogMeIn after three months.

What other advice do I have?

I think it’s the best product out there. It’s probably one of the most pricey but it’s the best product out there.

I give it a nine and a half out of 10. The only part that needs improvement is the agent on the Mac. The agent on the Mac is not as stable as the agent on the PC. Also, on the PC you can actually reverse the screen so you can have the other side, the customer, view your screen. You cannot do that on a Mac.

it_user803538 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Director of IT Assets & Procurement
It helps our tech support staff resolve issues on a first-call basis, no waiting
  • "The multiple connect methods really help with users who are not tech savvy or knowledgeable about their own computers."
  • "They need to combine computer and mobile end-user support to be a more streamlined experience."

What is our primary use case?

End-user support for staff not currently on our internal network.

How has it helped my organization?

It helps Support Techs resolve issues on a first-call basis, without having to wait for other tools to be freed up or become available.

What is most valuable?

We're able to give the same live support experience, regardless of whether the end-user is on a smartphone or a computer.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues to date.

Tech support has been excellent when engaged.

We have other tools that are included in our management systems but they are not as easy to use. We still have them. LogMeIn compliments them by connecting easily to machines that are not currently connected to the company's internal network or via a VPN tunnel. These are not issues for LogMeIn; just an internet-only connection is needed.

Straightforward and easy.

Pricing is reasonable and easily offsets other costs, while resolving issues in a much quicker timeframe.

TeamViewer, Timbuktu, Remote Desktop for Windows, and Casper Remote (now Jamf Pro).

What other advice do I have?

The product is a 10 out of 10 for use. Very user-friendly and works across all of the systems our enterprise support team supports. Very useful for accessing and troubleshooting remote systems not currently on our internal network.

Definitely worth trying and removes obstacles to providing immediate support to remote staff.

it_user803535 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Architect
Convenient remote access for our team, but doesn't work well on smart devices
    • "Secondly, the product needs improvement on mobile interfaces because on mobile devices it doesn't perform very well. On computers, it is good, with desktops, laptops, it is good. Sometimes iPad is good, but going with other devices, like Android or Windows on smart phones, ​it's always a problem."

What is our primary use case?

I am working for an IT support company and we require tools to service our clients and our in-house department.

How has it helped my organization?

We have an application, our LogMeIn application, a one-click application. Because we have employees in different locations, we have given them this application, so when they click the application, they have remote access. It's easy for us, they don't have to call us. They don't have to talk to us. They don't have to do anything other than simply click, and they are connected to the IT office, so they can help people out.

What is most valuable?

LogMeIn remote tool is a high priority for business, that's for sure. We require a remote tool. It's mainly for remotely doing business and doing jobs, so we don't have to go there.

What needs improvement?

How the accounts work is one thing that needs improving. The account people always recommend one thing and and something different happens. I was in a monthly commitment, paying them monthly. My credit card got changed at the point in time LogMeIn was trying to run the payment and it didn't go through. I gave the new credit card to LogMeIn, they processed the payment. A week after that, I got a call from my bank saying they want to charge me for the next year. I told my bank to stop the payment because I am paying a monthly cost, I have a budget. You cannot ask me for a year commitment at the moment. I have a year commitment to the program, we have signed the contract, but the agreement was to pay monthly.

Secondly, the product needs improvement on mobile interfaces because on mobile devices it doesn't perform very well. On computers, it is good, with desktops, laptops, it is good. Sometimes iPad is good, but going with other devices, like Android or Windows on smart phones, it's always a problem.

Three to five years.

No issues with stability.

Scalability is okay.

My experience with tech support has been good.

I was with Bomgar, but Bomgar used to provide me hardware to install, so that was the reason I left it. Otherwise, I liked Bomgar better than LogMeIn, actually. But the issue was that in every center you have to install their hardware, so that was the problem for me.

LogMeIn setup is pretty simple.

I have a few others I work with. I have to keep them because you cannot rely on one. You never know.

What other advice do I have?

I would say LogMeIn is good. If you are really looking for nice reporting, a nice tool, go to LogMeIn.

I give it a seven out of 10 because of the service issues and the product not being available for 100% of what I do. I do work on smart devices. LogMeIn doesn't perform. They do commit to it performing, but it does not actually perform.

it_user799512 - PeerSpot reviewer
    TSM at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly using the tool
    • "The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly."
    • "Instead of trying to walk-through a user on how to fix their computer, we just log in, do it, and move on to the next case."
    • "I will say 100% in five years, I do not think we have had to use technical support for anything."
    • "It is very stable. It adjusts to bandwidth very well."
    • "You should be able to remote on an iPhone like you remote on an Android. It is not the same experience. Unless you are very savvy on iOS, you are pretty much lost.​"

How has it helped my organization?

The time it takes to troubleshoot one of our users is cut significantly. Instead of trying to walk-through a user on how to fix their computer, we just log in, do it, and move on to the next case.

To troubleshoot, e.g., a connection, it may take half an hour without LogMeIn. It can take two minutes with LogMeIn.

What is most valuable?

It has a client, but it is pretty quick loading the client on the users that we have to connect back. It is very light and quick.

We have several machines that have the client always listening for us: servers and personless computers. We have a few of those installed. Also, when we have users who we will start working on them, and then they have to use the computers for something else, then we will leave it on for 24 hour to 48 hours. We will just wait for the email from them to let us know that we can have the computer, and we resume our session.

What needs improvement?

When we try to remote into an iPhone, it is not as easy as an Android or a computer. The iPhone remote: It needs some improvement.

When do you log in, it maybe how the iOS deals with it. You cannot actually take control, you can only see. You can only pretty much read. If you need to go to another screen, you get disconnected if you did not do it right. If the user has to interact with you on it, then it becomes a little difficult.

More than five years.

It is very stable. It adjusts to bandwidth very well.

It is a remote, so its one-to-one. It takes what it takes. Again, going back to the bandwidth, if you get a customer that has a pretty bad bandwidth, you can always scale it down to grayscale, reduce the screen, or the refresh. It really adapts to the conditions you have.

I think we have the top license, so there is no room for upgrading.

We used customer support one time that we have a problem with the licensing. They explained it to us, and that was it.

We had VNC, pcAnywhere, and TeamViewer. Now, TeamViewer is almost or as robust as LogMeIn. However, we needed something that did not need knowledge on the user side. In order to do pcAnywhere or VNC, they had to be on a VPN or they needed to share some details on the computer. For LogMeIn, you just point them to a website, which is pretty easy, then put in your token, and you are connected.

You have to make a choice on how you want to use it. For us, the first setup, we did not agree with it, because we did not understand all the capabilities. Then, once we adapted it to our IT department, it was pretty easy. You just add the email addresses, and they will take their licenses and passwords, and you choose who is going to be the administrator and all that. It is very easy.

It is on the medium to high side. For us, it is worth it. For the amount of time they save us, it pretty much pays for itself.

We tried TeamViewer, but we had some issues with ports and things like that. Then, pcAnywhere needed a central server, and we did not see a need for a central server.

We evaluated others, but at that time, we just zero in on LogMeIn.

What other advice do I have?

Test it at a low scale, because it is an expensive product. Test it at a low scale for a month or two. After that, make the decision if it will work for you.

it_user799515 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Web Services Administrator at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
    • "With the product, I have never had an issue with it. I have never had to look up anything or call anyone."
    • "​The initial setup was straightforward and simple. We did not have any training. We just installed it and were able to use it right away.​"
    • "Has an easy way to remote on to a remote computer without having prior access to it."
    • "​The interface is not ​user-friendly. It looks a little outdated.​ I think the options are there. I think just the layout needs improvement.​"

How has it helped my organization?

When a client calls and has a computer that we have not been on before, because it may be new (or whatever) and they are having an issue, we can still remote on it and help troubleshoot.

What is most valuable?

The ability to have an easy way to remote on to a remote computer without having prior access to it.

What needs improvement?

The interface is not user-friendly. It looks a little outdated. I think the options are there. I think just the layout needs improvement.

No issues.

It is not limitless. It does exactly what we paid for. We could scale it if we wanted to pay more. So, I guess, it is upgradeable.

I have not had any issues requiring support.

We switched to LogMeIn because of features. At the time we switched, it was still free to a point. However, the product is good enough that we went ahead and started paying for it, even when, it was no longer free.

The main feature we switched for was how easy it was to have a client be able to connect to you.

The initial setup was straightforward and simple. We did not have any training. We just installed it and were able to use it right away.

Look at the different plans they have. Do not pay for a plan you do not need.

The pricing is a little on the higher side, though.

I do not remember evaluating any other options.

it_user793644 - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Infrastructure Lead at a tech company with 51-200 employees
    We're able to share a user's screen, see exactly what's happening and diagnose issues
    • "​Our favorite feature is being able to diagnose customers' problems by seeing them on the screen, rather than just over the phone."
    • "​The pricing, is a little on the high end but it's proven itself to be worth it for sure."

How has it helped my organization?

When we have a software product that we develop and support, and when customers phone in with issues, lots of times we struggle to determine the real issue, because they're just phoning it in. We use it to be able to actually share their screen, and see exactly what's happening.

Less than one year.

We've never had problems with it.

We really only use one user at a time. No, haven't had any problems there.

This is the first solution of its kind for us.

Very straightforward. Very easy to do for sure.

We use other LogMeIn products, so this was the only one we really looked at.

What other advice do I have?

It works really well. It allows us to see the problems on users' screens.

it_user790488 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Technology Director
    Allows us to rapidly solve issues for our customers on a remote basis
    • "It allows us to rapidly solve issues for our customers on a remote basis, regardless of the location of the customer."
    • "The desktop sharing allows our clients to demonstrate the issue they are having, and then allows us to provide remediation directly."
    • "I would like a single sign on for all of our (five) accounts so that I can immediately use an available seat. Right now, I have to try to log in with each account separately, in an attempt to find an available license that is not currently in use."
    • "I occasionally need to reboot my computer after using LogMeIn, due to an issue with IE. It stops responding to keyboard input every once in a while, after disconnecting from a session. A reboot resolves it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily utilize this for remote assistance for our clients' workstations.

Three to five years.

I occasionally need to reboot my computer after using LogMeIn, due to an issue with IE. It stops responding to keyboard input every once in a while, after disconnecting from a session. A reboot resolves it. Other than that I have not experienced any issues.

Only the login issue mentioned previously.

I have not really taken advantage of technical support, other than the initial roll-out.

Yes, we switched because the other product was not staying current with the latest OS’s and browsers for support and compatibility.

It was pretty straightforward, if I remember correctly. The person I worked with walked us through everything and helped out from their end as necessary.

I don’t advise anyone on these subjects.

Yes, GoToMeeting, join.me. We actually purchased a combination of all of the products.

it_user790485 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Data Center Technician
    Quickly, easily connects clients to our triage techs, allows us to resolve issues quickly
    • "We are able to quickly and easily get clients connected to our triage techs which allows us to resolve issues much more quickly, and with little stress."
    • "Being able to transfer files quickly and easily via the remote file manager."
    • "Ability to save a permanent remote connection, hold, and/or transfer."
    • "Support to remotely control more mobile devices' screens is desperately needed. It is sad to see how long this product has been out and how many phones are still not supported for, specifically, remote screen control."
    • "I do wish there was an application to manage all of the admin properties of the subscription, rather than having to use the web portal."

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to quickly and easily get clients connected to our triage techs which allows us to resolve issues much more quickly, and with little stress, to an already disrupted client.

What is most valuable?

• Availability to get users connected via link, email, or text
    • Being able to transfer files quickly and easily via the remote file manager
    • Ability to save a permanent remote connection, hold, and/or transfer

The reason we like all of these is related to our being as efficient as possible in taking care of our clients. Our client experience is the most important thing to us. We strive to improve lives through technology, and making things as easy and as efficient as possible. This product is extremely important to achieving this goal.

What needs improvement?

Support to remotely control more mobile devices' screens is desperately needed.  It is sad to see how long this product has been out and how many phones are still not supported for, specifically, remote screen control.

More than five years.

No issues, unless the client had a connection less than DSL or DSL that was experiencing an issue to where they were not getting their full speed at the time.

No issues.

We have hardly ever called technical support because the software is so solid.  The few times we have called were for non-technical issues, and support has always been American (please keep it this way) and able to answer and/or resolve any of our concerns quickly.

We used to use VNC or TeamViewer, but they are way too much of a burden to get average users connected remotely. They are not nearly as stable either, and have licensing limitations.

The initial setup of Rescue was mostly easy. I do wish there was an application to manage all of the admin properties of the subscription, rather than having to use the web portal, but other than that it is fine.

We don’t advise anyone about pricing or licensing, we only use this for our organization. Even our clients that are larger, that have their own internal IT departments, do not have a need for a product like Rescue.

As mentioned, we had been using VNC and TeamViewer, but there was no need to trial anything else once I recommended Rescue. Rescue is simply the best.

What other advice do I have?

This product is easily a 10 out of 10. To me, Rescue is the best in the business - the Cadillac of quick access remote software. Everything from the functionality of the product, options, efficiency, and innovation makes this the best.

I personally have used Rescue since about 2005. When I was hired at MapleTronics and they asked the techs if we knew of a good call center remote app for non-agreement clients, I quickly recommended Rescue.

If you have any questions, call support and they will go to the moon and back to make sure your questions and/or concerns are addressed. Other than that, just be aware of the limited number of mobile phones supported that can perform remote screen control with Rescue.

Director of IT at a retailer with 11-50 employees
    Enables me to remote reboot and reconnect without the end user; and I can run it as a console, see event logs through the utility itself
    • "I can remote reboot and know I can reconnect automatically without having to have the end user log back in again."
    • "The ability to run it as a console when I log in. It thinks I'm there. It allows me to do file transfers. It allows me to see event logs through the utility, as opposed to having to open them on the client machine, so I can help troubleshoot unobtrusively."
    • "I wish this product was tied to a Help Desk package so I could manage tickets and have an infrastructure, with this being the primary tool to troubleshoot."

How has it helped my organization?

People no longer want to kill me. Meaning, with the amount of tools I have accessible to me through the product, there's less interaction needed with the end user. In other words, all I have to do is have them get that machine on the internet. After that, I can do pretty much everything else without having to have the user hover over the computer. I can remote reboot and know I can reconnect automatically without having to have them log back in again.

The ease of use from the IT perspective, and less cumbersome, less invasive experience for the end user.

What is most valuable?

The ability to run it as a console when I log in. It thinks I'm there. It allows me to do file transfers. It allows me to see event logs through the utility, as opposed to having to open them on the client machine, so I can help troubleshoot unobtrusively, at least as much as possible. Calling Card is nice. And I haven't used it yet but I'm really looking forward to using the iPhone feature.

What needs improvement?

My biggest complaint was iPhone, which they're steadily working on making better, which is great. As I said, I haven't had a chance to test it, but I'm really excited about it. Looks good. The iPhone support has been the Achilles heel for the longest time, because all of my users are on iPhones.

The only other issue that I occasionally have, and it's not necessarily LogMeIn's problem, is that if the end user is using Mozilla Firefox, instead of Internet Explorer or Chrome, they have to go to logmein123.com, they have to put in their code, then they download. Both Chrome and IE will go through the process of doing the little install app, whereas if the user is using Mozilla, it doesn't necessarily go as smoothly. You have to have them go find the download, and then manually launch it from their download bucket.

More than five years.

I'm very happy with it, otherwise I would have dumped it a long time ago. It's a very stable product. I like using it. It's no longer my primary, but it is my emergency backup system for other tools. I'm using ManageEngine now in my environment, so if for whatever reason that solution is acting up, LogMeIn is the backup. And LogMeIn is the primary for new hires and third-party support, where I have to login to computers to do whatever. So I love it. I will not get rid of it. It's a great product.

I have a small IT shop, I've no real need for the IT side, so to speak, to grow.

And then for the deployment footprint, it's really not all that big. I'm sure it's scalable, but I was supporting up to 300 computers with it, with only three technician licenses, at one point.

It's just very manageable. It's great to be able to do a handoff from one technician to another in the middle of a session, or bring someone in to help you out. In my opinion it's fine.

This might attest to the overall reason that I like LogMeIn so much: I don't think I've had a problem where I've had to call tech support.

The only problem I had - and it wasn't even a problem - was because I move from company to company. Once I go to the new company, I just resubscribe under that business name. Because I don't go in there that often, "Where do I change the logo?" You moved the thingy. "Where do I change the background?" That kind of stuff. It wasn't like, "Oh this is something broken. I need you to help." I've never had an issue like that. It's been rock solid.

I was using GoToMeeting, I was using LogMeIn, and I was using some other product. But LogMeIn gave me many more features than the other guys, so I went with the LogMeIn package.

I got onboard with LogMeIn because it was free at one point, LogMeIn Free. When I found out you can get all these other bells and whistles, services for individual accounts, I purchased. Then when LogMeIn Rescue came out, that was a no-brainer. I said, "Oh, I'm doing that." It was a progression of upgrades from very early on to what they are offering now.

Also, I went with it because of the ease of use for the user. It was less cumbersome to get them on support session through LogMeIn. The file transfer and the event log access was incredibly easy and, again, I did not need to engage the end user. As an IT person, you know what you're doing. You know what you need to get to the solution so they can move on with life. The end user doesn't necessarily want to know how to get into this, how to get into that, and have to help me help them. So the LogMeIn products, then and now, once I'm in I can do just about everything without really involving the end user, which is great.

The setup to get up and going was easy. The challenge was making the LogMeIn portal match, a little better, the business I would be with. So something like, maybe, changing the colors. I haven't even looked recently because I just don't do it anymore. You would get in there and you have every tool available to you under the sun to get it to work, but you almost had to be a little bit more on the developer side to be able to select the right color code for the background.

You couldn't select a photo for your logo and it would size it to what you needed. So if you put in the logo, it had to be 680 by 240 pixels, and no larger than this or that. That was kind of annoying. In this day and age, you should be able to allow me to pick, "Okay I want that one," and it should auto-size the thing. I should be able to click and drag. It should only take me 10 - 15 minutes to make a simple little splash page, wipe my hands of it, and move on with my life. So that would be a nice feature to make it better or easier.

I appreciate that they're giving me all the tools under the sun, but not everybody has a web developer in their IT staff that can sit there, or a graphic designer accessible, to make all those files just right, until it looks perfect. I've seen it done, but I don't have the time or the bandwidth or the patience to do that. So it would be nice to add some click and drag features to make the look and feel of the LogMeIn experience match the company color schema or motto or back screen or logos better, or whatever the customer wants to make it look like.

What other advice do I have?

The pro is, of course, that the end-user experience is about as easy as can be with this product. And from a technician point of view, it gives you so many tools to help diagnose that end machine, which is fantastic. To me, that was the biggest selling point. I can get in there and do my job and not have to harass the end user. And I can do just about anything with it remotely.

The only con that I would say is that I wish this product was tied to a Help Desk package so I could manage tickets and have an infrastructure, with this being the primary tool to troubleshoot. In other words, a user could submit tickets. Instead of LogMeIn123.com, it would be LogMeInTicket.com, something like that, to submit a ticket outside of a corporate umbrella, but it doesn't have to be tied to VPN. That would be a really nice feature, if this became something like a ManageEngine or half a dozen other different Help Desk software packages out there. It's such a great tool, I would go with that.

From my perspective and my experience, LogMeIn is already at a 10 out of 10. Everything else that I would like is just icing on the cake, it really is fluff. But to get in there and get the job done, do the support for the end user, I think it does a great job. I really do.

it_user779370 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Co-Founder
    It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended
    • "Being able to reboot computers into safe mode, when needed. That has come in handy in regards to IT troubleshooting."
    • "I would like to see a mobile client that would work on an iPad, so I do not always have to be on a PC or a full-blown Mac operating system."

What is most valuable?

1. Being able to reboot computers into safe mode, when needed. That has come in handy in regards to IT troubleshooting.
    2. We use "Unattended Access".

How has it helped my organization?

When we work with clients remotely, they usually always come back. They are recurring clients. So, it is real easy when we work with them, and we are using LogMeIn Rescue that we put LogMeIn Unattended on there. This allows us to remote into their computers or servers whenever they request speeding up the time to connect without having to send them a website and give them a code to get us in.

It allows us virtually unlimited computers for remote access on Unattended. Where with LogMeIn Pro, or any other product, you have to pay on a computer-by-computer basis. With Rescue, you are just paying per technician license, and there is no limit to the amount of computers you can have set up for Unattended. The majority of our clients, we set them all up that way: their servers and their computers. This way, we can get in, and there is no additional cost to us.

That is why we have been using it as long as we have. The fact that it is accessible from both Mac and PC comes in handy, because we can work from any platform into any platform.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see a mobile client that would work on an iPad, so I do not always have to be on a PC or a full-blown Mac operating system. I would like it to have an iPad client, like their LogMeIn Pro has. Therefore, I can get into clients computers from my iPad. At the moment, I do not have that capability for providing IT support from an iPad.

It is been that way for a long time. I do not know if it is not a capability of their system, or if they just do not want to invest in it.

About 10 years.

For the most part, it has been stable.

I would say over the last year, we have experienced more crashes with it, or disconnects. It is tough to tell if that is related to just internet connections flaking out, or if it is something on their end. Definitely on the Mac side of things, like when High Sierra came out, it was not compatible. Then, prior to that, if I would disconnect any sessions, it would often freeze up LogMeIn Rescue on the Mac, then I would have to force quit it and restart it. I have not had to do that as much since High Sierra, but prior to that, that was pretty common.

Over the last year, we have had more stability issues than we have experienced previously, but it has not been a deterrent or hindrance. Just more of an annoyance when it happens.

No issues. You subscribe to however many technician seats that you want. I think we have seven or eight. Oftentimes, we are collaborating with multiple technicians on the same support call, so that is what really comes in handy, is that scalability of being able to invite another technician to pop in on the session, or to pass it over to a technician when want to hand it off to somebody else. So that is another great feature set that we use.

We rarely ever call them for support, but when we have, it has been very good. I would give them a 10 out of 10.

I am the one who made the decision to switch to LogMeIn Rescue, based on the Rescue Technician licenses. Prior to that, we were probably using whatever version of LogMeIn existed back then, their desktop client version, or we were probably using pcAnywhere.

It is very simple and straightforward. I think any IT professional could hop on and use it without needing much training whatsoever. It is not complicated at all.

The only downside is pricing. I think each technician license is somewhere around $100 or $120 a month now. So if you have a lot of technicians, it can get expensive, for a small business.

However, big businesses like Intuit use it to troubleshoot QuickBook support calls. You have small to enormous businesses that use this product. That probably says it all. If somebody like Intuit is using it, then it has to be fairly solid and robust.

No, I was at a small business technology trade show (one of Microsoft's S&B trade shows), and the uniqueness of LogMeIn Rescue pretty much sold itself. I do not recall if there were other products there. We have been using it ever since, and have not needed to look any further for anything else.

What other advice do I have?

I do not have any shortcomings with the product at all. It meets our exact needs for what it does and how we use it.

it_user776925 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Information Officer
    Gives flexibility to be in more than one place at a time. However, if price is an issue, look elsewhere.

What is most valuable?

Ease of use: Ease of end parties being able to login into the software.

How has it helped my organization?

I am a one man support show. So, it gives flexibility to be in more than one place at a time. I could be working at seven people's desks from one location. That is pretty useful and helpful.

What needs improvement?

Lessen the cost of it.

I have been using it for 10 years.

Yes, it is very stable.

The more technicians I deploy, the more expensive it is.

I would rate the technical support as a 10 out of 10. They know their product. Whenever I call them, they help me get to where I need to go very quickly.

No previous solutions, but now I am also using TeamViewer and GoToMeeting for certain things. I am kind of diverse. I still have LogMeIn Rescue and I have to decide if I am going to renew it.

Initial setup was straightforward.

If price is an issue, look elsewhere, but they are robust in features.

For our company, great features, but too expensive. We are trying to keep costs down. If it were not for the cost issue, we would definitely stick with the product.

TeamViewer was one of the direct competitors.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework.

it_user71904 - PeerSpot reviewer
    IT Manager, System Engineer, Consultant at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Provides a multi-operating system with multi-platform support

What is our primary use case?

I do remote support, and the ability to work. Once I am connected, I can keep working on it, so it seems to be consistent. Big companies are using it. It has been working great for us.

What is most valuable?

• It gives us the ability to connect to PCs through a firewall.
    • They provide a multi-operating system with multi-platform support.
    • We have never had any issues with it.

What needs improvement?

It used to be cheaper: LogMeIn used to be free and LogMeIn Rescue used to be cheaper.

The ability to log into PCs, MACs, and iOS to do On-Demand support for our software and troubleshooting is the big feature, but the disadvantage is the price.

8 to 9 years.

No issues. We have had multiple sessions running at one time with no issues.

No issues.

I do not think I have ever had to call tech support for LogMeIn Rescue.

We have never used another product.

You pay for subscription, you log in, and I actually had the agent running on my PC, so I could connect just double-click on LogMeIn. There were no setup issues.

It is fairly intuitive and I have used other products that are not quite as intuitive. The functionally works the way you expect it to, and everything is where it should expect to be.

They have raised their price so high on all their products, it has left room for competitors to come in.

Where I used to work, where I had five licenses (and more stuff), and two LogMeIn Centrals, I was downsized out of there six months ago. The pricing for LogMeIn Rescue is about $1250 a seat per technician and LogMeIn Central for 100 PCs is about another $1200. It would have cost me about $2500 to do this on my own, and I am afraid in the next three months, the LogMeIn Rescue product I have already replaced with a $200 solution. It is not as nice, but it works and for 80% less. Then the LogMeIn Central, in three months, I will be phasing out of that as well, because I will get the whole thing for under $300 that they are charging at least $2500 for.

LogMeIn used to be free. So it's gone from the free, to the paid, to the higher paid, to the very expensive, and they do not seem to care about retention. They have a premier product, no doubt in my mind. If I had my preference and I could afford it, I would be using it.

If I get a job with another company, a large organization, because of the pricing, I do not know if I could recommend it.

For doing remote support, this was the research we did for remote On-Demand support. This was really the only viable option at the time. We have been in it so long, now there are other options out there.

GoToMyPC was out there and some other ones were out there, but for On-Demand support, this was really the product. Microsoft and everybody else were switching to it. So, Microsoft had a tool, some other people had tools, and they have all dropped their tools for LogMeIn.

What other advice do I have?

It works.

It's the best product out there for support. The caveat is the price. You're paying for it. It is by far, probably, the premier product out there for support. The problem is, for a smaller organization, it has basically priced themselves out of the market.

​It will save you money and time. It probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

What is most valuable?

The ability to either send a link or have a client that is not managed; essentially, to be able to access them remotely.

How has it helped my organization?

A lot of our clients are in a 60 mile radius of our office. The ability to solve a problem in 10 minutes rather than roll out a truck makes a huge difference.

What needs improvement?

As a whole. I am still a little disappointed with the mobile side of it. Unfortunately, we just can't take over and manage a phone like we can a computer, and that would be really helpful.

The other thing is it would really be nice to be able to use the rescue console on an iPad or an iPhone, and I can't do that. You have to pay for it and we buy it. However, it is not as functional as the app that we use for desktops and servers. Just being able to chat with somebody on a cell phone is not all that helpful. I can call them and chat with them.

Stop and think about it. When I was reading the deal, it looked like we were going to be able to manage mobile devices or at least take them over and fix a problem, set up a mail account, or do something like that. Just being able to do a text chat with somebody, I can do that without the app.

Seven years.

It is a great product. No stability issues. No problems, no crashes.

We routinely have four to six sessions going, so no scalability issues.

I have only called them once, and it was to complain about a bill.

What happened is I could purchase it two ways. I could purchase it from my management console or I could purchase it direct from them. At the time, my management console was cheaper for what it offered, then they were directing me. I called to complain about that and they fixed it. That is the only time I have ever had to call them.

We picked Rescue because our management console ran LogMeIn Pro and that was just part of the offering which came with it. We were so happy with LogMeIn Pro that we added Rescue to service clients which we did not manage.

There was nothing hard about it at all, though you do need to have some skill.

Here is what I mean. A lot of times, because we basically are IT in-house that supports other people, some of our clients buy products and they can't keep straight where they are. They do not know whether they are dealing with their local computer or the remote computer. They get confused. You have to have enough skill to know which computer you are working on. This may be simple and straightforward, but not so much for someone who is not a computer person.

It will save you money and time. That is really what everything is about.

It's a little too expensive per license per year, but it probably pays for itself in the first 60 days of use every year.

We actually looked at several other options. We were so pleased with the LogMeIn Pro, which we were already using, that we just went ahead and did Rescue as well.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product.

The reality is if you buy it to manage phones, you probably should not buy it. But if you buy it to manage computers, it will do just about anything you need to do. It will do anything you're capable of doing.

If you have got a computer that is not on the Internet, it does not do you a bit of good. You still have to go to that site. But you can do anything in LogMeIn that you can do sitting in front of a computer, if you are capable.

Download our free Remote Access Report and find out what your peers are saying about LogMeIn, TeamViewer, BeyondTrust, and more!
    Updated: November 2022