We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud is #1 ranked solution in top Cloud Email tools and #13 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Fortinet FortiMail Cloud an average rating of 8 out of 10. Fortinet FortiMail Cloud is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiMail: Fortinet FortiMail Cloud vs Fortinet FortiMail. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 37% of all views.
What is Fortinet FortiMail Cloud?

Email has long been a favorite attack vector of cyber criminals and is often an early stage of advanced threats. But not only do you need to keep threats from getting in, you need to keep data from getting out. Fortinet’s email security solution has the highly effective, yet easy to use inbound and outbound protection you need. It comes in a large range of offerings to fit any size organization or service provider. Plus, unmatched flexibility in deployment modes and form factors means it fits perfectly in any environment.

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Video

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Fortinet FortiMail Cloud pricing:
"You only have to purchase one license for multiple participants."

Fortinet FortiMail Cloud Reviews

Gleb Kleiman
Senior Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good filtering to block spoofing, supports sandboxing, and it is easy to scale
  • "The most valuable features are filtering and sandboxing."
  • "It is slightly difficult to configure FortiMail in the cloud with Exchange on-premise, especially the quarantine mailbox access for end-users."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to block spoofing.

We are MSPs and we provide services to many companies that are running FortiMail.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are filtering and sandboxing.

What needs improvement?

It is slightly difficult to configure FortiMail in the cloud with Exchange on-premise, especially the quarantine mailbox access for end-users.

I have been using Fortinet FortiMail Cloud for two years.

We are using the latest version. It's cloud-based and managed by Fortinet.

It's a stable solution, we have never had any downtime or any complaints from the client.

It's scalable. We haven't had any concerns, but we are MSPs.

We are a small to mid-sized company. Our clients have over 200 users.

I have used technical support occasionally.

At times, the FortiMail support can be slow with a response. It could be that they don't have enough staff trained in FortiMail.

This is an area that could be improved.

We work with many clients who require different products. We recommend solutions for clients who do not have anything in place to protect themselves.

We still use other solutions for other clients. For example, we have a client who uses the Barracuda email filtering system.

The initial setup was very easy.

The initial setup was completed by the FortiMail technicians. We provided them with the information and they built the virtual system for us in the cloud.

What other advice do I have?

Recommendations are dependant on what type of implementation is being used. As an example, will it be on-premise or is it going to be Office 365?

With Office 365, I would recommend using this solution. It would be no problem and everything will be taken care of.

With the on-premises version, they need to pay more attention to the communication, or the accessing quarantine mailbox per user. This is a complex area, and it's where I had a week of troubleshooting.

Because of the issue that I had with the on-premises version, I would rate it an eight out of ten, but when dealing with Office 365, I would rate a nine out of ten.

Kostiantyn_Frolov
Pre-sales Engineer at TALAN SYSTEMS
Low price and integrates well with other Fortinet solutions but the initial setup is complex
  • "The most valuable features are the low price and its ability to integrate with other Fortinet products."
  • "The downside of this solution is that it is difficult to implement policies on FortiMail."

What is our primary use case?

I work for an IT Technical company and I sell this solution to other companies.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the low price and its ability to integrate with other Fortinet products. Fortinet has the concept of a security fabric that includes FortiMail and FortiGate, and everything works well together. Some solutions, such as FortiMail, have both hardware and software for the machine. Customers with more money buy the hardware.

What needs improvement?

As an example, if a customer manages FortiMail using a different SCL, it is difficult to implement in the customer's box and FortiMail.

I have been using this solution for six or seven years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable, we have no issues with the scalability of this solution.

The technical support is good. You are not directed to several other levels or engineers like other solutions. You are contacted and speak to an engineer in the language you prefer, but it's preferential available in English.

They are quick to respond and to resolve your issues.

I have experience with Cisco hardware solutions.

The initial setup is complex because there are government restrictions on the use of the cloud here in Ukraine. Data cannot be sent to another country if it belongs to a government organization.

It is very simple to deploy and you need one or two engineers to maintain this solution.

If you have an experienced engineer it takes one day to deploy.

It's a low budget solution. You only have to purchase one license for multiple participants. With Cisco, you purchase one license for ten users.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution and others based on my customer's needs.

I would rate FortiMail a seven out of ten.

RimvydasSlapsinskas
Network Security Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good antispam and URL analysis features help protect our network
  • "FortiMail Cloud is very fast."
  • "Networking should be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

FortiMail Cloud is part of our network security and DLP solution. We primarily use it for email protection, including antispam.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the antispam and URL analysis.

FortiMail Cloud is very fast.

What needs improvement?

Networking should be simplified.

We have been using Fortinet FortiMail Cloud for about two years.

This solution has great scalability.

I have been in contact with technical support through the support portal. The support was fast and they took an interest in each of the problems they received. Overall, I am satisfied with it.

I don't think that Fortinet is complex at all. It requires setting up the domains and the users, but it is not complex.

I installed this solution on my own, and I discussed it with my colleague.

We did not put serious thought into solutions by other vendors because after looking at Fortinet, we found that it was quite simple, good, and full of features.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to first ask what you want from your network and from your resources. Decide what it is what you want to achieve and then design your solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud