IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

FlexNet Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

FlexNet Manager is #7 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools. PeerSpot users give FlexNet Manager an average rating of 10 out of 10. FlexNet Manager is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: FlexNet Manager vs ServiceNow. FlexNet Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 37% of all views.

Download the IT Asset Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is FlexNet Manager?

Flexera manages and optimizes enterprise software regardless of location, from the desktop to the datacenter to the cloud. We give mid-size enterprises a growth path and a roadmap for success.

FlexNet Manager was previously known as FlexNet Manager Suite, FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises.

FlexNet Manager Customers

Foray Technologies, BMC

FlexNet Manager Video

FlexNet Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about FlexNet Manager pricing:
"It was certainly on a par with the price we were paying for Snow License Manager. It wasn't overly expensive."

FlexNet Manager Reviews

Software Asset Manager Lead at Boeing at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
I like its compliance and discovery, and I like the fact that it provides easy accessibility to raw data
  • "I like the way it does its compliance. I like its discovery, and I like the fact that it keeps separate hardware and assets and provides easy accessibility to raw data."
  • "They could improve their reporting. I'd particularly like them to allow you to schedule it."

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use it for software asset management. It was in the cloud initially, but my latest one is going to be private.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

They could improve their reporting. I'd particularly like them to allow you to schedule it. There should also be configuration management. It has most of the other things, but if they could add configuration management, it would be an all-in-one tool. At the moment, because it doesn't have that, you can't adjust it if you need configuration as well.

I have been using FlexNet Manager for the last two years.
IT Asset Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Flexera, ServiceNow, Micro Focus and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

They were very helpful.

I have about 20 years of experience working with Micro Focus Asset Manager. I would recommend FlexNet every single time. The reasons are: While Micro Focus Asset Manager is a clever tool and can become cleverer, it has no source of data of its own. It has to be fed by other data sources.  There are a lot of things that need improvement in Micro Focus Asset Manager. Software recognition, software licensing, software compliance, data inputs, reporting, and support are some of the areas.  Micro Focus Asset Manager also needs a discovery tool of its own. You have to get that from other Micro Focus products, which means you have to pay more to get those products. Micro Focus Asset Manager is a very complex tool. It takes a lot of work to keep it, and there are a lot of other elements that have to work with it. It is a very hands-on tool. I'm also using Snow License Manager at this time. I have used it in my current role for 15 months, and I have also used it for about 15 months in a previous role.

I've never installed it, but like all tools, the configuration takes a little while. That's because you've got to get your agents and your discovery in place, but it was fairly straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of 10.
Download our free IT Asset Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Flexera, ServiceNow, Micro Focus, and more!
Updated: June 2022