eG Enterprise OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

eG Enterprise is the #28 ranked solution in APM tools, #33 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools, and #33 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give eG Enterprise an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. eG Enterprise is most commonly compared to ControlUp: eG Enterprise vs ControlUp. eG Enterprise is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 47% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is eG Enterprise?

eG Enterprise is a comprehensive performance monitoring tool that monitors applications, infrastructure, and networks. eG Enterprise offers a complete performance management solution that delivers diagnosis and automated IT auditing, and offers extensive reporting to test application latencies, storage hotspots, network failures, server incompetencies, bottlenecks, user experience (UX) concerns, and more.

eG Enterprise monitors an organization’s total IT ecosystem and applications throughout every layer and all tiers and will take a deep dive to discover where a problem began, faster than any other solution. eG Enterprise is a complete solution that thoroughly monitors the end-user relationship for just about every IT deployment available, such as cloud-based microservices applications, enterprise applications, on-premise monolithic applications, and digital workspaces.

eG Enterprise is a flexible solution and can be deployed in various circumstances, wherever the digital experience of the user needs to be managed and IT infrastructures and applications need to be monitored. eG Enterprise is effective from legacy on-premise deployments to the most cloud-centric ecosystem in the marketplace today.

eG Enterprise Features

• Application Performance Monitoring (APM): The solution is able to provide monitoring to discover, diagnose, and repair application performance problems so the end user is never affected.

• Infrastructure monitoring: Users have full transparency to clearly visualize what is occurring with recent deployments and immediately diagnose network, database, and server problems.

• Digital workspace monitoring: Workspaces are continually monitored to maintain the highest levels of productivity at all times. Users can easily monitor disconnects, logons, slowdowns, complete sessions, and more.

• Enterprise application monitoring: Applications that do not perform as expected may result in significant losses for an organization. eG Enterprise is able to monitor many of today’s popular applications, such as PeopleSoft, SAP, Sharepoint, Siebel, and Office 365. Organizations are able to quickly identify underperforming applications, discover and diagnose problems, and remediate issues to ensure that optimal levels of productivity and profitability are being maintained at all times.

• Cloud Monitoring: eG Enterprise provides effective monitoring for all of an organization's cloud infrastructures, including public, hybrid and private. eG Enterprise is able to facilitate the concise mapping of the relationships between tiers and discover the reasons for performance problems immediately before they reach the end user. eG Enterprise can be deployed on premises or as a SaaS-based solution.

Reviews from Real Users

“The product makes data collection easy. It's simple to set up. The algorithm is the most valuable aspect of the solution. In a few minutes after the installations, we can get insights from my technical environment. After a few minutes, I can get some valuable insights to make decisions.” - Anderson L., LatAm Presales Analyst at CLM

“Some of the best features of eG are, in terms of APM, they have complete modules between application performance monitoring, server monitoring, and even storage and network-based monitoring. The UI is also quite good. They have some standard AI-based capabilities, even though it's not quite as advanced when compared to Dynatrace. eG has some good, basic APM capabilities.” - A PeerSpot user who is a Consultant at a tech services company

eG Enterprise Customers

20th Century Fox, Allscripts, Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, Aviva, AXA, Biogen, Cox Communications, Denver Health, eBay, JP Morgan Chase, PayPal, Southern California Edison, Samsung, and many more.

eG Enterprise Video

eG Enterprise Pricing Advice

What users are saying about eG Enterprise pricing:
  • "We paid about 300,000 Saudi Riyal for the solution and it was quite affordable compared to the competition."
  • "It is approximately $100 per agent on a monthly basis."
  • "There are two licensing options: Perpetual and SaaS-based. The main offering, in terms of what eG prefers to offer, is the subscription-based rather than the Perpetual License. The price could be cheaper."
  • "The cost for eG Enterprise is almost $100,000 for one hundred and fifty services. It's subscription-based and the payment is yearly."
  • eG Enterprise Reviews

Hani Khalil - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service Assurance , Senior Manager at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Great visibility, easy to set up, and has very responsive technical support
    • "Sometimes when we face issues with the new technologies or very old technologies where we cannot enhance the service, they move to work with us directly and start doing some development on this area which is very good for us."
    • "The solution needs to enhance the management dashboards."

What is our primary use case?

We publish more than 140 business services to the whole Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We need to monitor the behavior of service from the customer's perspective which is called real user monitoring. This solution gives us visibility on that. In the same tool, there's another part for diagnostics where we can drill down to the code level and find issues with the code or the data to see, for example, web services code.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a service serving the whole Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Anyone who wants to do some transaction on vehicles, or anything related to public relations, needs to log into the portal. It's made it easy and enhanced protection.

Another way it benefits the organization is in the number of calls from the customers. Before getting reports from the customers about when service is interrupted, we now know from eG any issues are and the team direct can drill down to find the issue. We can find out if it's from our applications, our data center, or from a third-party integration as it integrates with many other companies and ministries in Saudi Arabia.

In this way, we reduce the time downtime for the service, the number of impacted users, and the issues the customer will face.  It allows us to solve the issues faster.

What is most valuable?

The visibility and the ability to monitor user behavior are very useful to us. So is the fact that we have diagnostic capabilities. We divided the usage of these two parts - one for our business team and one for our support team where they can see the availability, performance, and application or service updates from a customer perspective.

We appreciate that the team can understand the issue from our application, database, code, data integration, et cetera.

We like that two different teams can use it and it fits each of their individual needs.

The initial setup is pretty simple.

The solution can scale.

Technical support has been great.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to enhance the management dashboards. They have small dashboards. You can do small customizations on it, however, when you have business requirements that require executive dashboards it will cost us too much. They need to do a development like this.

We are looking to have tenure-based services covered in eG. They promised us this in the future.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    November 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about eg Innovations, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: November 2022.
    655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've been aware of the solution for 20 years. We recently did a POC and we've been using it for about a year or so now.

The solution has been very stable. We faced one issue related to volume traffic where we increased the JVM heap on the servers and some resources then it became stable so stability is great for us.

The scalability is quite good. We do have plans to expand usage in the future.

The main thing here is we have something called connectors. These must be published over the internet to connect as much and we're able to select the services for each connector which means it's scalable for us.

Technical support is very responsive. If there's a critical issue they connect directly to you so on the same day and do their best to solve it. In the case there needs to be some development or escalation they'll do it on the same day.

We previously had Dynatrace. It was costly already and then they changed the licensing scheme and made it very, very, very expensive. It cost us almost $3 million Saudi Riyal a year to have it for our own services which is why we decided to switch.

The initial setup is not complex. It's almost easy to implement - especially the parts of real user monitoring where just you need to generate a tag for each service and share it with the development team.

We have a team for monitoring. We manage almost 10 tools, one of them being eG. We have one primary administrator and one backup, and both did the implementation together. It doesn't take too much time actually. Once you know the procedure it's okay.

The deployment took about two weeks.

We did the implementation by ourselves based on the best practices from the data center. We asked them just to do a health check for us just to see how things looked overall as sometimes you need to do some calculations in terms of the traffic volume that you're going to receive and how many agents will be reporting to your system. You need to make sure everything is accurate and it's best to have a second opinion.

We definitely have seen an ROI. We, for example, cut the costs by using the tool. We also reduced the number of calls. This was one of the main value-adds for our operations department. We were able to cut service requests by 75%.

We paid about 300,000 Saudi Riyal for the solution and it was quite affordable compared to the competition. That's less than $100K a subscription for almost 150 services or 100 system licenses where one portal is a license and looks like the agent is a license. We can vary almost 30 portals until with 10 integration services. We utilize only 85 agents or 85 people and under this license, we can manage more.

If a user wants to try the solution, they can do a one-year license and, if they decide to continue, can do a perpetual license.

If you need a professional service from their side, it costs nothing extra.

I have done POCs on my tools and I found this solution to be one of the easiest tools - even in the administration part.

I tested AppDynamics, Dynatrace OneAgent, and Micro Focus ADM. This we have on-premise. We have one tool, Catchpoint, on the cloud. It's quite easy and not very technical due to the fact that it was on the cloud.

One of the main reasons why we moved with eG is not only due to the fact that it's on-premise deployment but due to the cost. When we selected the tool we were at a level where we needed to cut the cost for the whole operations department. We could not move with Dynatrace or AppDynamics as it's close to half a million to cover the whole services where eG only cost us around 300,000 Saudi Riyal and would cover 85 to 90% of the business requirements. We saw everything we needed at that time and we got everything at a proper cost.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer.

If the solution is right for a company depends on the environment and if your environment is very complex, like the one we have with many security items. You need to test everything before buying it actually.

From the almost six months of doing many POCs on other tools to find a good one for us, I noticed that 95% of these tools are using the same technology and same behavior, however, you need to know your business requirements to decide which would work best for you. If you need just to decide based on the fancy interface you have, you will pay a lot of money for this. However, if you need just to get the value of the technical team and then you present it in any way you need it, this product would be better for you.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall.

AndersonLeandrine - PeerSpot reviewer
    LatAm Presales Analyst at CLM
    Simple to set up, makes data collection easy, and offers good technical support
    • "The algorithm is the most valuable aspect of the solution."
    • "In terms of sales or market perspective, they must invest in Latin America with professionals with a more marked presence."

What is our primary use case?

eG Enterprise is very suitable for my challenges in terms of ease of implementation and ease of data collection. There's also an ease of understanding the output. It's a technical solution designed to manage. That's it.

How has it helped my organization?

I used the eG Enterprise as a proof of concept in a financial institution here in Brazil. I used the eG Enterprise on the cloud, not on-premises, with the agent installed in their infrastructure. In two weeks, we found the reasons why their database was not performing well.

The financial institution was losing money since the system was designed to receive money from credit cards, however, the clients of the bank were taking too much time to pass their credit cards. In two weeks, we could find the reason why this performance was happening. It was very insightful.

What is most valuable?

The product makes data collection easy.

It's simple to set up.

The algorithm is the most valuable aspect of the solution. In a few minutes after the installations, we can get insights from my technical environment. After some minutes I can get some valuable insights to make decisions.

It offers good pricing.

You can scale the product.

The stability is good.

Technical support, though in English, is helpful.

What needs improvement?

I joined in some conversations here in Brazil. Some people were asking about the Kubernetes, so I didn't find the eG Enterprise implemented in the Kubernetes, in this technical way.

We'd like licensing to be a bit different. We'd like to, instead of buying the product, buy the solution as a service on the cloud. While they have the eG Enterprise on the cloud, it is not set up as a service.

I've used the solution for the last two years.

The solution is very stable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

It's scalable. That said, in my experience, I just installed it in a small environment. However, I was assisted in the research in the eG Enterprise and I know of a client that is a financial institution in Singapore, and they had 1,000 agents.

For us, we have up to 20 agents with different types of servers, operating systems, and databases. It's a small environment.

While the client started slow, they do plan to continue to increase usage.

Here in Brazil, we speak Portuguese, however, they do not have a local employee here. We must talk in English. For some reason, some customers do not want to speak a different language. However, in terms of technical knowledge, they are very knowledgeable.

We did not previously use a different solution.

It's easy to implement. I'd rate them a five out of five in terms of ease of setup.

When we set up a financial institution recently, it took two weeks. However, it depends on how many agents you need to collect data. It depends on a lot of variables. That said, in my experience with the small or medium enterprise sites, we can implement the eG Enterprise in their agents in two weeks.

It took two to three people to deploy the solution. It was a small group and they were working remotely.

I was working with a consultant. I was not using the eG Enterprise as a user. I was selling the eG Enterprise to our reseller. I didn't deploy the eG Enterprise in my own premises infrastructure.

We have seen an ROI. I'd rate the solution five out of five in terms of return on investment.

The pricing is good. It's less than the main competitors that we have in the market. It is approximately $100 per agent on a monthly basis.

I'd rate the solution five out of five in terms of availability.

They do not have extra professional services, however, this is not a problem for them.

What other advice do I have?

I'd advise new users to compare the benefit that they are getting from a high-cost product. The benefits that eG Enterprise can give are worth the price tag. It's not a low cost, however, it is a fair price.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. I wish they had a bigger presence here in Brazil.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    November 2022
    655,465 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Consultant at Astra Graphia Information Technology
    MSP
    Full-stack monitoring is beneficial, but the licensing could be cheaper
    • "Some of the best features of eG are, in terms of APM, they have complete modules between application performance monitoring, server monitoring, and even storage and network-based monitoring. The UI is also quite good. They have some standard AI-based capabilities, even though it's not quite as advanced when compared to Dynatrace. eG has some good, basic APM capabilities."
    • "eG Enterprise's licensing could be cheaper. Even compared to Dynatrace, I think the price is quite expensive considering the APM functionalities, even though they have other benefits such as info monitoring."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of eG Enterprise is troubleshooting and root cause analysis for application performance monitoring. We have one customer using eG right now.

This solution is deployed on-premise.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

eG Enterprise's licensing could be cheaper. Even compared to Dynatrace, I think the price is quite expensive considering the APM functionalities, even though they have other benefits such as info monitoring.

We have been working with eG Enterprise for one year.

I think the support for eG is quite good because they have direct support. Rather than getting support from local distributors, the principal is the model of support.

We used to use CA Broadcom for APM, but we have switched to Dynatrace, which is more popular and a lot better than Broadcom. Dynatrace's AI capabilities are more advanced, compared to eG Enterprise.

For on-premise deployment, the installation takes between two to three days. As for operating eG, we only have one person, from the applications team. They are more on the admin side.

We implemented this solution ourselves.

There are two licensing options: Perpetual and SaaS-based. The main offering, in terms of what eG prefers to offer, is the subscription-based rather than the Perpetual License. The price could be cheaper.

Other options are Dynatrace, New Relic, or AppDynamics, but eG is an alternative with advantages for customers who don't have a big budget.

What other advice do I have?

I rate eG Enterprise a seven out of ten. One of the benefits of choosing eG is that they have complete full-stack monitoring, from network to servers and applications.

I would recommend eG Enterprise to others, especially if they don't have the big budget for Dynatrace, New Relic, or AppDynamics. eG is an alternative with some limitations in terms of the APM capabilities, but they have advantages full-stack-wise.

Hani Khalil - PeerSpot reviewer
    Gives the required information based on real user experience and diagnostics, and has responsive technical support
    • "What I like about eG Enterprise is that it's easy to use. It's a simple product. You can get up to seventy-five to eighty percent of the required information based on real user experience and diagnostics."
    • "In terms of areas for improvement in eG Enterprise, we are now moving most of our services to the OpenShift platform, and we need a way to monitor even containerized services or any service deployed on OpenShift, but that feature is still not available in eG Enterprise, so it's not good enough for us."

What is most valuable?

What I like about eG Enterprise is that it's easy to use. It's a simple product. You can get up to seventy-five to eighty percent of the required information based on real user experience and diagnostics.

What needs improvement?

In terms of areas for improvement in eG Enterprise, we are now moving most of our services to the OpenShift platform, and we need a way to monitor even containerized services or any service deployed on OpenShift, but that feature is still not available in eG Enterprise, so it's not good enough for us.

I've been using eG Enterprise for almost two years. I'm using the latest version of the solution.

eG Enterprise is a stable solution.

eG Enterprise is a scalable solution.

The technical support for eG Enterprise is perfect. Just drop an email to the consultants working with you, and you'll get an immediate response.

The initial setup for eG Enterprise was easy, and it only took one week to deploy the solution.

We implemented eG Enterprise ourselves, though there were times when we used the vendor to implement it.

The cost for eG Enterprise is almost $100,000 for one hundred and fifty services. It's subscription-based and the payment is yearly.

I evaluated Dynatrace and AppDynamics.

What other advice do I have?

My company is trying to increase the usage of eG Enterprise to cover the current IES platform, and my company is working directly with the vendor to add the features related to OpenShift. Once that's covered, it'll be fine.

My advice to others looking into implementing eG Enterprise, or any application performance tool, is that the main thing would be to know the requirements you are looking for because any requirements you add will make a difference in cost. For example, if you need to compare Dynatrace and AppDynamics with eG Enterprise, they are better, but the cost is a huge factor. You need to know your requirements, particularly your business requirements, and then compare apples to apples.

My rating for eG Enterprise is eight out of ten.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about eg Innovations, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!
    Updated: November 2022