Cisco Data Center Network Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Cisco Data Center Network Manager is the #48 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Cisco Data Center Network Manager an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Cisco Data Center Network Manager is most commonly compared to Zabbix: Cisco Data Center Network Manager vs Zabbix. Cisco Data Center Network Manager is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Cisco Data Center Network Manager?
Cisco Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) is designed to help you efficiently implement, visualize, and manage Cisco Unified Fabric. It includes a comprehensive feature set, along with a customizable dashboard that provides enhanced visibility and automated fabric provisioning of dynamic data centers.

Cisco Data Center Network Manager was previously known as Data Center Network Manager.

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Customers
Banco de Guayaquil, Cox Communications, Kuwait Petroleum Italia, Roper St. Francis, University of British Columbia
Cisco Data Center Network Manager Video

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Cisco Data Center Network Manager pricing:
"On average, Data Center Network Manager's pricing isn't too costly unless you choose a premier license."

Cisco Data Center Network Manager Reviews

LuisLanca - PeerSpot reviewer
Sales Director at Logicalis
MSP
Good network integration, but the visibility of applications could be better
  • "You can integrate all the networks into the software."
  • "The visibility of applications is not great."

What is most valuable?

The HDA is part of the micro-segmentation of the network, and it can be integrated with security departments like the F5 Checkpoint Firewall Tool. You can integrate all the networks into the software and file network data center. We are looking for the load balancing and application service of Cloudflare.

What needs improvement?

The visibility of applications is not great, which is why we study upscalability. We want to understand the software-defined network and access, the edge, and how to connect. The setup is complex and could be improved. Regarding additional features, the integration with the APM would be good.

We have been using this solution for 14 years, and it is implemented on-premises, Google Cloud, Amazon, or Azure.

It is a stable solution.

November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Zabbix and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's scalable in terms of the network and software. You can do many things in terms of integration with the terraform.

I rate the technical support an eight out of ten. We have a great relationship with them and talk directly with the business unit.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The setup process was complex and not simple. It's not a plug-and-play solution.

I rate the pricing a six out of ten, with ten being a good price.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a six out of ten. It can be compared to VMWare but more as a complimentary solution than a competitor.

MD.SIHAB TALUKDAR - PeerSpot reviewer
System Engineer at asa
Has a great fabric suite automation feature

What is our primary use case?

We are customers of Cisco and I'm a system engineer.

What is most valuable?

Fabric suite automation is a great feature.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see better integration with VMware products such as NSX and the reporting could be improved.

I've been using this solution for one and a half years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We currently have four network managers and eight system engineers.

The technical support is quite good, they respond quickly.

We previously used SolarWinds Network Monitoring but switched to Cisco but it has multiple tools on a single platform. SolarWinds does provide better reporting.

Deployment took us 25 days and was carried out by our local team with some assistance from Cisco.

The product is good but quite expensive. We pay an annual license and the cost depends on the number of devices.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution nine out of 10.

Private Cloud
November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Krishan Thukral - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr.Solution :AI:rchitect at Wipro Limited
Stable solution that gives good ROI

What needs improvement?

Data Center Network Manager is a little complex because it includes a lot of hardware to be installed, so making this simpler would be an improvement.

I've been using this solution for five years.

Data Center Network Manager is absolutely stable.

Data Center Network Manager is scalable.

Cisco's technical support is excellent.

The initial setup is straightforward so long as you have experience in networking.

We've had a good ROI from Data Center Network Manager. There's also a facility on Cisco's website to calculate the ROI from adopting this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise those thinking of implementing Data Center Network Manager to get some expert supervision during the planning stage. I would give Data Center Network Manager a rating of nine out of ten.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, SolarWinds, Zabbix, and more!
Updated: November 2022