Bizagi OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Bizagi is the #3 ranked solution in top No-Code Development Platforms, #6 ranked solution in Business Process Design tools, #6 ranked solution in BPM Software, #6 ranked solution in top Process Automation tools, #6 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms, and #7 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software. PeerSpot users give Bizagi an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Bizagi is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform: Bizagi vs Camunda Platform. Bizagi is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 18% of all views.
Bizagi Buyer's Guide

Download the Bizagi Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Bizagi?

Bizagi’s industry-leading low-code process automation platform connects people, applications, robots, and information. As the most business-friendly and flexible solution on the market, Bizagi enables true collaboration between business and IT, delivering faster adoption and success. Fuelled by a community of 1 million users, Bizagi powers over 1,000 organizations worldwide including Adidas, BAE Systems, and Old Mutual. For more information visit www.bizagi.com

Bizagi Customers

adidas, Audi, BNP Paribas, Deutsche Post DHL & many more - 500+ customer globally.

Bizagi Video

Bizagi Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Bizagi pricing:
  • "The modeling part of the software is free. Most of the time, it is used for this purpose."
  • "The pricing model is good; I believe it's free for up to 20 users, and then they start charging. I hear the solution can get quite expensive, however."
  • "I used to be very pleased with the pricing. Now, it's a bit more complicated. I don't remember exactly, however, it might be $10 a month per user."
  • "We didn't use the licensed versions where you could exactly go into automatization. However, we looked at the pricing in the beginning, and the only thing that I remember is that it was too expensive for the things we were using because our clients would also have to license the product. One client said that it was too expensive for the benefit they get out of it."
  • "It is only necessary to pay for licenses when ready to deploy applications to production."
  • Bizagi Reviews

Academic Program Coordinator at Universidad Piloto de Colombia
    Shortens the time spent between ideas and the final deliverable
    • "It can be useful as a tool to improve your communications and the control of your processes. For example, when you have to explain a process to seven or eight stakeholders who think differently as well as have different experiences in different functional departments, it is not easy. Sometimes you are using a lot of technical terms, and other times, you are dealing with management terminology. The visual representation helps you create a better alignment and understanding for different roles and stakeholders of your workforce."
    • "One part of the university has changed its regular desktops to Linux. This is a weak point because Bizagi doesn't run on Linux. I would like the opportunity to run the software inside of Linux."

What is our primary use case?

I am a professor at a university. I work with people who have different engineering majors, like computers and electronics as well as master's for ICT management. Most of the time, we use tools like Bizagi, Lucidchart, and IBM Blueworks for modeling,

Two types of students are using it:

1. The first type of student studies engineering. The degree is more technical, e.g., understanding of flows, BPM, and business process manager notation. I use it for teaching students how to understand icons, basic notation, and utilizing tools, or different roles when understanding the whole organization and how it works. This is more a technical understanding, e.g., teaching them a flow diagram.
    2. For an ITC master's degree, post-degree, or something-related, I teach student more about strategy and how to save time:
      1. optimizing time and resources
      2. modeling a better workflow
      3. modeling better flow for lean thinking
      4. using less documentation and only the documentation that you need
      5. using less technical resources as well as less time and fewer human resources to do the same thing between different departments or areas inside an organization.

For the master's program, most of the time, it is about how the resources that are linked with the requisite technology are necessary and how, as an ITC manager, they will need to balance between needs, time, money, and all the expenses. For example, you can do this if you go farther than you need to when you model any process inside your organization.

96% of the time, I am just using the modeling part: thinking about a process, the options that I have in mind, or the options that reflect the needs for that organization. It doesn't matter if it is educational or real-world; modeling different scenarios for process roles and responsibilities, time, and communication tools; or when you add some tools and processes that are more complex inside one another.

As a university, we have an organizational chart that is more like a public office. Then, we have a functional organization. This means that we have the technical and IT staff in one department, the human resources in another, and finance and quality are combined. Most of the time, decisions come from the financial and administrative staff. They were the first functional group working with Bizagi.

How has it helped my organization?

After the pandemic situation, we had more staff and digital tools. I am a leader for the curriculum, proposing new ways and tools to teach. For a master's, that involves a whole line of courses related to the management process, automation, implementation, project management, and service management with IT 4.0. The entire modeling process is easier to integrate with transversal projects, which means that we connect tools and experience from different courses.

We also sometimes document positive results. For example, in my class, you are explaining how different roles and responsibilities are related in one process for IT 4.0, which is the service management framework that IT uses for different environments that you can represent in the middle of the flow. This is in order to get the key performance indicators for other indexes or indicators for determining your model or reality, when you go from theory to practice, and how the practice is going versus strategy. Whether it involves another subject, other teachers, or another group of students connected with the knowledge, you get not just the theory but also the usefulness of the tool.

Most human beings are visual, thus understanding a fully complex process is harder. When you can represent a logical flow with a lot of variables, such as human resources, technical resources, and some specifications for the time of response that you need for every step, then it makes your planning, strategy, monitoring, and control easier after you run your strategy. It works for academic purposes, but it has also worked for our curriculum, communications, logical flow, and keeping track of the right plan and flow that you have to do. Then, for academic purposes and our administrative staff, it also works for reengineering and remodeling where it has been useful.

It can be useful, as a tool, to improve your communications and the control of your processes. For example, when you have to explain a process to seven or eight stakeholders who think differently as well as have different experiences in different functional departments, it is not easy. Sometimes you are using a lot of technical terms, and other times, you are dealing with management terminology. The visual representation helps you create a better alignment and understanding for different roles and stakeholders of your workforce.

Connecting stakeholders with processes has affected our operations a lot. For example, we have different providers. Some of them are private and some of them are from the public sector, e.g. Ministry of Education. They have different roles that watch our processes in order to get the high quality accreditation. When you need to document those processes, you can also use the solution's tools to help you better model your processes, communicate, and publish in different formats. It helps stakeholders, especially in the public sector, better understand the inputs, time, resources, and tools needed during your whole process. When they can understand better, you can request more time and funding by providing a better perspective about how everything is organized and planned.

What is most valuable?

All the icons and toolbars are light. The graphical interface is easy to understand. It is close to the standard documentation for the international notations that we use. It makes the learning process faster for my students, but also for most people, it is the same.

The orchestration is one of the things that I enjoyed the most when I was using Bizagi modeling. It provides virtual representation for most of the things that you will need in real life. Then, when you need to explain, publish, export, and present your ideas to all stakeholders, it will match the vocabulary names, resources, and all the segments and parts that you arrange in the middle of your BPM. That is easier to understand for different levels and functions inside your organization because it is closer to reality.

The learning curve was faster than I was expecting since it has standard language in the graphical interface, e.g., the way that the icons and more technical things are there. So, it is well-aligned with international standards, which is a huge advantage. The learning curve is really short, at least for the modeling part. The technical part might be deeper.

Bizagi
    November 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Bizagi. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using it for eight or nine years.

Even a cloud solution is heavier. Whereas, my experience with Bizagi is that it is faster. For example, in Colombia, the country where I teach, the average bandwidth of the internet is not as it is in the US, Canada, or other countries where I was working with these kinds of tools. When you use the cloud, you need to optimize resources. With Bizagi, I haven't experienced lags, so I didn't think that I was losing time waiting for processes. Sometimes, within other tools, I need to wait or have to wait longer for exportation, like a simple PDF files exportation or maybe Exchange files to connect with other programs or other software. However, with Bizagi, the processes are lighter and faster.

We have more than 20,000 students inside of our university.

I enjoy the way that it looks because it is similar to a real-life scenario. For example, 10 years ago, I was working with a computer-aid design (CAD) system for engineering. The differences between digital representation and the real world were huge. Possibly with the parametric design from building information modeling in 3D, 4D, 5D, and now 6D, the gap is less. You can better represent different aspects, variables, and parts of reality.

I have also used IBM, Lucidchart, and Camuda tools. Some of these are available for a limited time trial, and others are available almost in full for academic institutions at a low cost. For example, Lucidchart has an agreement with Google Workspace inside of academic campuses. Every tool has its advantages and disadvantages. Bizagi is the tool that I use the most.

It is easy to install the desktop version.

When I got to the university, they were using different tools. One of those was Bizagi. I wasn't there when they were analyzing whether to start with Bizagi.

It shortens the time spent between ideas and the final deliverable, i.e., the final blueprint or visual results for your presentation.

The learning curve is short. It makes your timeframe for launching a product or service better, giving you the chance to win when compared to your competitors. When you save time, you are saving on technical and human resources.

I think that we took a license. I have used the full version, but most of the time, I have been using the free version.

We checked out Bizagi, Camuda, diagrams.net, IBM Blueworks, and Lucidchart.

In general, Bizagi is fast. If I compare it to the modeling part of IBM, IBM is heavier, possibly because they have more variables. Also, IBM is charging more.

What other advice do I have?

You should consider the possibilities Bizagi offers in regards to communication, exportation, and importation. It gives you a general idea of how you can plan your workflow and integrate with different tools. This is one of the advantages that Bizagi has.

Most of the time, the people using Bizagi are technical. They are thinking about what the data model represents and the next stage, e.g., how the model connects with the data and data model. The solution provides a fine edge between graphical strategy, representation, and the big picture; and how we can think about time, resources, and the general picture.

I would rate the solution as eight out of 10.

Jethro Dennis - PeerSpot reviewer
    Maintenance Information Systems Engineer at Kingston Wharves Limited
    Helps us bring processes to life and clarify them for stakeholders
    • "One of the features I like is that when drawing any task, when putting a task on the process model canvas, I can simply click on it and see the other task icons for that task. It's just one quick, simple, straightforward connectivity from task to task."
    • "In business process mapping, you have pools and dark pools. I don't see that Bizagi differentiates between a regular pool and a dark pool."

What is our primary use case?

What I use it for is to map business processes using BPMN 2.0, as much as possible. That includes things like equipment maintenance execution, maintenance planning, and container terminal operations for handling cargo from vessels and warehouses. I'm in the logistics and supply chain industry.

We're using the free version of Bizagi. The different entities I've worked for don't really want to spend money on buying the full thing or integrating it with something else that they have. So we just use it for showing them things at the modeling stage, what a process looks like. We haven't looked at the aspect of automating or simulating from a drawing into a live process. For us, it's just for drawing purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

For my previous employer, it brought a little bit more clarity on where we had certain issues with maintenance, especially as they relate to the duration of tasks and the repetition of tasks. It wasn't just Bizagi, it was more the interpretation of business processes using BPMN 2.0. But Bizagi really helped in quickly bringing that information across to senior management.

It has definitely helped us to connect stakeholders with processes, internally. It has brought to life what the processes are. And when presenting our procedures and processes to external stakeholders it is a simple, single tool for them to quickly see and understand what is happening. Of course, we have to draw things simply enough. We can't go down to the nitty-gritty detail, but it has created some clarity for our major stakeholders. We're using it to communicate with different stakeholders, from the terminal director up to the CEO, and it is clear enough for them to see what is going on. They understand the process in its entirety, because of Bizagi. And as it relates to IT, it did bring clarity to them when we went a little bit more into detail.

And with my previous employer, it spurred action on improving business processes, to accomplish the kinds of objectives that were required. Indirectly, it helped improve our time to market because we were more efficient in improving our processes, based on use of Bizagi and it showing us where we had our setbacks and issues. Where I am now, we just started using it, as I switched jobs. By the end of this year, after we use it to really communicate to our key stakeholders, it should help improve our processes.

And in terms of man-hours, it takes less time to draw processes because of the ease of use of Bizagi.

What is most valuable?

One of the features I like is that when drawing any task, when putting a task on the process model canvas, I can simply click on it and see the other task icons for that task. It's just one quick, simple, straightforward connectivity from task to task. That's one of the main reasons I like it and one of the main reasons I have managed to "market" this application to my colleagues in different industries.

In addition to the ease of drawing tasks and the task connectivity, we use it because

• it is free
    • we can quickly draw something and validate it to the BPMN 2.0 standard
    • and we can present it.

I also showed our team how to add fields to a task so that we can have customized descriptions of what a task is and what it does.

What needs improvement?

In business process mapping, you have pools and dark pools. I don't see that Bizagi differentiates between a regular pool and a dark pool.

Another area for improvement would be printing. It's just a small nuance to me, but if I've drawn a process that would fit on an 11 by 17 ledger page, but I really want it on a letter-size page, it doesn't show me how to shrink it down. Even if I say, "Go down to one page," it still shows me that I've got two pages. I don't know if it's a bug or if I might need more training.

Where I worked before I could plot things. Now, I can only work with ledger, as large as eight and a half by 14. Sometimes, when you draw a business process, it doesn't really fit on a legal or letter-size page. But it should at least allow me to shrink it enough to fit on a letter-size page. If they had a little bit more training on printing and presentation, that would be good.

I've been using Bizagi since 2017 or 2018.

It's quite stable.

We have not had to contact their technical support.

There wasn't an official deployment of Bizagi, but it eventually spread because of the ease of installation and of use. Everybody started using it. That's one of the benefits of Bizagi being free. It allows people to start using it and get interested in going further with it. That's a very good aspect of Bizagi.

Maintenance-wise, it's very light, basically non-existent. But if we were to go for the paid version, to go further in terms of automation and live processes and simulation, I don't know what the maintenance would be like. But with the modeler, there are no worries. We have six or seven users right now.

It's saving us money because we're using the free version. But I think my employers are somewhat impressed and we might take it a step further. The free version has raised their eyebrows and they might look into it further: "If we are doing this in Bizagi, let's go for the enterprise version and see what it can give us."

I've seen other solutions and I believe that Bizagi will make things a little bit easier on the coding side. There will be less coding to simulate or automate whatever process you have. I have seen the studio but haven't used it at work because of my employers' refusal to use it, at this time. But I do believe that it is much more user-friendly because there is less coding involved. Bizagi will handle that simulation, making it a smooth flow from the modeling to the simulation.

Other applications, for example, Enterprise Architect, are a little bit harder to understand than Bizagi. But again, we're not fully using that aspect of it, in terms of linking the different processes.

I have non-technical people using Bizagi as well, and they prefer it more than Microsoft Visio. I've also used IBM Blueworks. Bizagi is far more user-friendly. And in my current organization, it was between Bizagi and Microsoft Visio and Bizagi came out on top.

What other advice do I have?

I do see potential for us to go further with Bizagi in using the studio and the automation in the paid version. Our company has expressed some interest but there are budget concerns, so not just yet.

A lot of the users here are recommending Bizagi to other people. I can't think of anything negative to say about it. It's a really good system. It's really quick for getting a process across. The various features are intuitive. It's not that hard to learn. They have good online tutorials that are also very good.

Bizagi
    November 2022
    653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Sebastian  - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    A flexible, customizable solution that reduced time to market, but the UI and customer support could be better
    • "The ability to write our own code inside each activity is beneficial. Sometimes we need to create functionality that doesn't come out of the box, and this allows us to do that."
    • "From a developer's point of view, an improvement in the layout would make the UI better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for remediation in the context of bank remediation programs. We have workflows and different cases our analysts have to deal with. The cases go through various workflow stages, and each analyst can enter at different stages to work with the case throughout the process.

We don't have non-technical personnel, such as business users, using the solution's Live Processes feature to automate and launch simple processes. We have a developer who is in charge of that. From a user experience point of view, we have over 200 users leveraging the platform.

The solution is deployed on-prem and mounted in a private Azure cloud. Inside the cloud are VMs, one used for a server and another as a jambox; everything is stored in the server. It's perfectly secure and isolated from the internet.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helped our clients, as we can use Bizagi to execute processes for them and produce revenues from that.

Bizagi reduced our time to market; we developed the solution in a few months, and then we were ready to execute processes.

Bizagi helped free up employees to do more valuable work. We could do some of the same tasks with Excel spreadsheets, but it would take much longer. Bizagi affects the user experience by minimizing the time spent on databases and enabling more participation in an ongoing live process.

What is most valuable?

The orchestration capabilities provided by the solution are good; they're helpful and fully functional, plus Bizagi has a management consultant to assist. However, they could be better, and there is significant room for improvement.

We can adapt processes we created with Bizagi as our business grows and more processes become automated. We have been doing that on a live process, and it works very well. If the change we are implementing is very different to a traditional workflow, we can create a new version and design cases in the new version instead of the older one. We can modify processes already in place if the change isn't too disruptive, or we can keep using the same platform but create cases in a new workflow instead of the old one, so there's a lot of flexibility. Adapting processes is straightforward, though it depends somewhat on the complexity of the process. Making minor modifications is not complicated; we go into the studio, change the piece of code, workflow, or data model we need, and then redeploy.

What needs improvement?

The solution could be improved in the following ways:

• From a developer's point of view, an improvement in the layout would make the UI better.
    • The way we interact with the data model could be improved.
    • Better definitions for Performers would be a welcome addition.
    • The ability to use proper code like C# or JS would be good because they currently have a hybrid type of code similar to JS.

We have been using Bizagi for three to four years.

The solution's stability is good. As long as it's deployed the right way, it's relatively stable.

Bizagi is scalable, though it also depends on the quality of the infrastructure. Many records require a robust database, and Azure is a good choice.

The technical support could be better as it sometimes takes them too long to get back to us. We pay for a good support model too, and it's still not enough sometimes. It would be good if they were more responsive.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

We didn't previously have the sort of scenarios we use Bizagi for, so no.

I wasn't involved in the initial deployment; I came in later in the development process.

The solution requires periodic maintenance; we check that the database is healthy, and so on. This is carried out by about three staff members, a DVA, a QA, and a developer.

Bizagi provided us with an ROI. We operated for a bank with 200 staff working on 100,000 cases and resolved them within a year or two. They were paying us, of course, so we saw a return on our investment.

We evaluated UiPath, but it's more about creating robots for task automation, and in our case, we need people working on the tasks and interacting with the information. For example, if a bank charges someone for a service they never provided, an analyst would initially check the documentation, and then a supervisor would approve or not. UiPath is a different concept and doesn't fit our use cases.

What other advice do I have?

I rate the product seven out of ten.

The solution helps to integrate and automate multiple processes into a system, and we created a component that integrates two systems from Bizagi. It's a C# component that connects Bizagi with a different platform.

As far as connecting shareholders with processes, Bizagi is basically a database on the back end. We can also create a connector to integrate an external database or do the opposite and connect an external database to the Bizagi database and read the data from there.

With what we have been developing, the solution performed as expected; there have been no surprises or unexpected benefits.

I advise potential customers that Bizagi is the way to go for a small project, especially if it has less than 20 users, because it would be free. A cost-benefit analysis is required if you have more users than that. The data model is easily accessible, though the solution involves a degree of technical knowledge to leverage fully. Once that knowledge is up and running, you can keep growing your application as needed.

Health Management Analyst at a educational organization with 5,001-10,000 employees
    User friendly and simple to use solution
    • "Bizagi is simple. It's simple to learn."
    • "For the small business, this is very bad because it is still fragmented. The licensing policy should be more flexible and small company oriented. In micro-small companies, there should only be one or two. That's not the problem. Maybe it is too flexible, there are so many pieces that you need to put together. When you have a small business, it can be a little complicated, not so easy."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for Bizagi is about full automation. It's about the discovering process, modeling business processes, and training the people. It's at a very low stage of maturity. It's very early, it's in the beginning of this.

In our business space we are just researching, so everything is local.

What is most valuable?

To start with, the feature for training people is very interesting. Even if they had Bizagi in the office, you still have some tools that are just in the cloud, so you don't need to install things like IDOR, which is a series of tools for process utilization, what they call IU and IO. So, the feature for knowledge, discovery process, and drawing frameworks is very easy. It's the easiest at this moment. Even before we moved to process automation.

What needs improvement?

They have three or four tools for the entire SQL. They have mobility and process aging. This is good. But for the small business, this is very bad because it is still fragmented. The licensing policy should be more flexible and small company oriented. In micro-small companies, there should only be one or two. That's not the problem. Maybe it is too flexible, there are so many pieces that you need to put together.

When you have a small business, it can be a little complicated, not so easy.

I would like to see an intelligent architect included in the next release of Bizagi. There is a working process with intelligent process management right now, but that doesn't mean artificial intelligence.

I have been using Bizagi for five years.

So far its stability is good. It's not presenting a challenge. At the moment we are doing little experiments and so far it's not a problem.

Bizagi's scalability is good, but there are questions about how they will price it based on number of users. You don't know what it will cost with the number of users. It varies.

Their technical support is good. They have a lot of knowledge in whatever language. We are in Brazil and they have a machine that reads Portuguese. So that is a good thing.

I previously used the Bonitasoft tool, which is a business cross-management tool. Bonita is harder, but you can demand more from its technicians people.

We are now in the process of researching about other tools and changing to new tools. We are looking for a rather simple solution for end users with the same value chain for automation process management. We are evaluating WSO2.

Bizagi is simple. It's simple to learn. Bonita is more complex. Bonita is a tool of architecture. Bizagi is also an architecture tool and it is a business cross-management tool. They are a business cross-management system.

Bonita as a tool has an ecosystem within a better-end tool and other tools, so it's harder. It's harder than Bizagi and it's simpler than WSO2.

The complexity of the initial set up depends on the competencies of the people.

We do development in the healthcare industry, so there is a complexity with the decisions of who sees it first. There are a lot of holes in competencies.

At this stage it is just us implementing. In the next phase, we must do a selection for a contract for a specialist in each tool.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend people to test other tools. You need to compare these tools to Bizagi.

On a scale of one to ten, I would give Bizagi an eight because it's simple. It's simple to implement. It's not perfect because of the cost aspect.

PascalCOFFRE - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Easy to set up and has an updated design but needs better reporting functionality
    • "The initial setup is super simple."
    • "I'm not really satisfied with the reporting aspect."

What is our primary use case?

Right now, I am just using the modular version of the product.

What is most valuable?

The export feature is very valuable to us. The export is nice due to the fact that there's a different way to find different formats. It's easy to modularize, with some flow. It's quite convenient. I didn't really use a simulator. I'm interested in it, however, I haven't used it yet.

In terms of navigation, when you're exporting HTML, it's good. It means you can go inside within the subprocess to get the view.

The initial setup is super simple.

What I like about Bizagi is you just add data. You say this user is using this in the flow chart, and then you add some forms. This is what I like about it.

There's a new design and it's more modern. They've even updated the logo. It's beginning to look much better.

What needs improvement?

I'm not really satisfied with the reporting aspect. It's not really nice. It's a bunch of data that isn't really organized for reporting. The design just isn't that great. The report should be concise and nicer looking - something you'd be proud to show to third parties.

I would be happy if I could use the studio and engine side. It has been redesigned. However, if I could use it for two to three months of intensive work, I'd have better relevant feedback.

I'd also like the capability to double click on the sub-process to access the corresponding tab directly instead of clicking on the right button. There needs to be a shortcut. Maybe there need to be more properties on each activity and each task.

I've been using the solution for five to six years.

I previously used Visio as well. Currently, in our company, we have a Peoplesoft and Pega system, however, I'm looking to implement Bizagi within the client environment. The Pega system is a bit too big for me. I'd like something that is easy to use.

The initial setup is super easy. It's user-friendly to me. That's why I like Bizagi. The design itself is nice as well.

I used to be very pleased with the pricing. Now, it's a bit more complicated. I don't remember exactly, however, it might be $10 a month per user. I don't really remember.

Previously it was super easy to at least use a modular version. I'm not yet using the professional version.

I prefer to have a free solution to start with.

Bizagi is a great BPM tool, however, I am also interested in looking at Signavio, as there's a GMN inside with decision-making notation. I'm curious about KiSSFLOW as well and KiSSFLOW is really modern. I've never had a chance to use them, however.

What other advice do I have?

I was thinking to get a certification from Bizagi. I actually passed the first level, and have not yet done the ones where you purchase the professional site. I'm not using the professional version. Someone else from my company is studying the other levels on the professional version right now.

I'd rate the solution at a seven out of ten, as I have yet to try Studio and the Engine.

I'm not a reseller. I'm just a consultant. I'm using some tools. I'm trying lots of tools and out of everything, Bizagi is my favorite right now. However, if there was no more free plan I might have to look for another option.

We'd be curious to learn how to become partners with Bizagi as we do have clients who want to use it as well.

Frank Dylla - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Berater at encoway
    Good documentation capabilities and good balance between the effort and the result, but has performance issues with large processes and requires quite a bit of an effort to change things
    • "The documentation capabilities are very good. Very structured documents and process versions are valuable features, and being able to communicate that to our customers is also a very good feature. It has a good balance between the effort and the result. So, you don't need to be too detailed. You can document while you are modeling, which is a very good feature."
    • "Its performance needs to be improved. The main thing is that it is limited, especially in terms of the response times. When the processes become a bit large, it is very awkward to work with the Bizagi modeler. When you have already modeled but start to rearrange, it is quite a bit of an effort to change the stuff. When you rearrange lanes or have new structures, it goes rather squiggly up and down and so on, which could be improved. The visual outputs of the DIREPs of the process models are pixelated and have a bad image quality. It is a PNG or JPEG, and you cannot export it as a PDF. When you have rather large processes, you should be able to arrange them hierarchically. Currently, it is not supported. If you use sub-processes and inflate a process, suddenly the arrangement is totally different, and although you know the process, you have to look where is it now. You need a good understanding of the levels of your processes before you start in Bizagi. It can have automatic support for optimal presentation. In BPM, you should have it from the top left to the bottom right. However, in most cases, people don't know how they should arrange it. Therefore, it would be nice to have a suggestion system for different arrangements to be able to better present the process."

What is our primary use case?

We used it for the modeling part and some testing functionalities. We didn't use the licensed versions where you could go into automatization. So, we're more or less on the modeling level. We have used different versions of this solution.

What is most valuable?

The documentation capabilities are very good. Very structured documents and process versions are valuable features, and being able to communicate that to our customers is also a very good feature.

It has a good balance between the effort and the result. So, you don't need to be too detailed. You can document while you are modeling, which is a very good feature.

What needs improvement?

It can have automatic support for optimal presentation. In BPM, you should have it from the top left to the bottom right. However, in most cases, people don't know how they should arrange it. Therefore, it would be nice to have a suggestion system for different arrangements to be able to better present the process.

I have been using this solution for two years.

We are part of a larger company, and they meanwhile decided on FireStart, but they definitely want to go into the automatization of modeling and optimization. I wasn't involved in the pricing stuff, and I haven't worked too much on an operational level here, but all things I experienced with that product are very nice. The documentation and modeling are a little more complex, but the features are far richer than Bizagi. It is also direct, so you also have to pay for the modeler. I found it superior to Bizagi.

We didn't use the licensed versions where you could exactly go into automatization. However, we looked at the pricing in the beginning, and the only thing that I remember is that it was too expensive for the things we were using because our clients would also have to license the product. One client said that it was too expensive for the benefit they get out of it.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to not make the processes too large because of the performance issues. If you have small processes, it is perfect. Before you start in Bizagi, you need a good understanding of the levels of your processes because when you have already modeled and start to rearrange, it is quite a bit of an effort to change the stuff. So, take some more time initially in organizing the processes.

I would rate Bizagi a seven out of ten.

Neil Simpson - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder/Principal at InnoVelocity
    Integrator
    We moved our clients from Intalio BPMS to Bizagi
    • "With the appropriate governance framework, properly trained business analysts can be empowered to design and build business solutions themselves."
    • "For very large projects and deployments, the automated "One Click" deployment wizard can sometimes take a long time to complete."

What is our primary use case?

InnoVelocity is a leading independent specialist with Bizagi, with 12 expert consultants throughout the US having successfully delivered projects for 20+ customers over 6 years. InnoVelocity offers consulting packages ranging from short "kick start" and training engagements to long-term enterprise business transformation partnerships, and a full suite of services including Modeling/Analysis/Audit, RPA Implementation, BI/Analytics Implementation.

How has it helped my organization?

We work with clients in a variety of domains that are highly regulated or have strict compliance requirements - such as Healthcare, Financial Services, Government, Oil and Gas and Manufacturing. In common with all of these, the ease of use and agility of the product has allowed for rapid response to regulatory changes, and the visibility/data/reporting and built in history tracking ensures appropriate documentation to demonstrate compliance.

What is most valuable?

Bizagi offers great ease of use - building working solutions and making continuous improvements is very quick/agile and does not require a large technical team "behind the curtain" to assist with completing the application, resolving compilation and deployment issues, etc. With the appropriate governance framework, properly trained business analysts can be empowered to design and build business solutions themselves.

What needs improvement?

Bizagi has been aggressively adding features to maintain its market leading position, however in some cases this has impacted stability of certain product builds. Bizagi has been recently slowing down the pace of these changes and investing more in QA and support to address this concern, and we have seen some improvement in this area.

Since 2015

Stability has been improving of late with the aggressive investments Bizagi is making in support and QA.

InnoVelocity has experience with enterprise-wide on-premise implementations of Bizagi and have noted that the solution scales appropriately, so long as sufficient server resources are allocated and the correct configuration is applied. Bizagi is ending support for On-Premise installations and moving all present and future customers to Cloud, which runs on Azure.

The US Customer Success team is top notch and ensures that needs are proactively addressed.

A support team is available with different levels of SLA/response through a ticketing system.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We used Intalio BPMS with a number of our key customers in the past, but the company had dissolved and sold its assets. As a trusted partner to our customers, we helped them evaluate different alternatives, and Bizagi was universally selected because of its ease of use.

InnoVelocity is a specialist implementation partner for Bizagi, and we are often utilized to help clients in the US market stand up the product and their development teams. Although the product is very easy to start using right away, it is highly advisable to ensure that in-house teams start their program with the most appropriate structures and best practices in place. Bizagi has been emphasizing their own professional services of late and is growing this team.

The value proposition of the product compared to its competitors is strong. The usage based pricing model is a better value for larger organizations with many users. Smaller companies looking for a lower cost perpetual license may be advised to explore other options.

When moving our key clients from Intalio BPMS to Bizagi, we assisted them in evaluating a number of other platforms against their requirements.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: InnoVelocity is currently the leading US implementation partner for Bizagi, with 12 expert consultants throughout the US, InnoVelocity partners closely with customers to help them launch successful Digital Transformation programs - offering consulting packages ranging from short "kick start" and training engagements to long-term enterprise business transformation partnerships.
    Consultant at a recruiting/HR firm with 10,001+ employees
    User friendly with quality options; very quick and easy to install
    • "Very user friendly and a professional solution."
    • "Difficult to export in formats other than PDF."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case of this product is to draw processes. I don't deal with any of the automatization or other features. I'm a customer of Bizagi and I work at a consulting company in Spain.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very user friendly and the icons and options are high quality. I always use it as a modeler, not as a BPM.

What needs improvement?

The solution has issues when it comes to exporting in formats other than PDF, which is what I used to do. It's difficult sometimes to connect with a solution like Visio. For example, if I try to import, it's difficult because they don't keep the same pattern and process. The tools have been moved so I never connect Visio and Bizagi. The formats should be simplified, in my opinion. I'd like to be able to develop collaborative work but it's difficult to see how I could do this with Bizagi. Exporting is quite difficult and it's also impossible to attach documents. The design doesn't support this and it would be helpful if they could add this feature.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

I haven't had any problems, this is a stable solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward, it took me maybe four or five minutes. The product doesn't require maintenance. They update every new version as it appears. Sometimes there is an issue because the program comes out in English first, and it can take two or three weeks before the Spanish version comes out. I generally wait two or three weeks until they bring out the Spanish version and that's when I download it.

I'm using the free version so there are no licensing costs.

Visio is also currently used in the company. It's now integrated with Office 365 and this is an advantage that Bizagi lacks. I think Visio is probably easier to use because they have more libraries of icons and things like that. Bizagi focuses on BPM while Visio can be used for a lot of things because it has a lot of libraries and different topics, more functionalities than Bizagi.

One thing Bizagi could implement would be the option for collaborative work because it's difficult to work with another person the way things are now. In my view, the collaborative factor is underdeveloped in Bizagi. Visio is used by most people in the company, I'm the only one using Bizagi. I used to use it on a daily basis but only occasionally now.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because it's easy to use and very quick to install.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Art Hebbeler, PMP - PeerSpot reviewer
    Art Hebbeler, PMPSenior Project Management Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    ExpertTop 5Consultant

Actually, Bizagi has collaboration built-in. See https://help.bizagi.com/proces... for details on the Modeler collaboration.

You say there are issues with exporting? Which version of Bizagi are you using? We have no issue exporting Bizagi to PDF or Word, and with BPMN 2.0 compatibility, the ability to move models in and out is fairly direct.

Download our free Bizagi Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: November 2022