SolarWinds ipMonitor OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SolarWinds ipMonitor is the #60 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give SolarWinds ipMonitor an average rating of 6.0 out of 10. SolarWinds ipMonitor is most commonly compared to SolarWinds NPM: SolarWinds ipMonitor vs SolarWinds NPM. SolarWinds ipMonitor is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is SolarWinds ipMonitor?

Monitor network devices, servers, VMware hosts and applications from one console
Receive alerts for availability and performance issues
Monitor network status on maps and NOC view
Minimize downtime by automating remediation actions
Enhance monitoring with built-in reports and dashboards

SolarWinds ipMonitor was previously known as ipMonitor.

SolarWinds ipMonitor Video

SolarWinds ipMonitor Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SolarWinds ipMonitor pricing:
"The solution is a bit expensive because the annual license does not include new features that are priced as add-ons."

SolarWinds ipMonitor Reviews

Mohamad Zaidi Chubandi - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager Infrastructure & Security at Malakoff Corporation Berhad
The solution is easy to setup and use but it lacks features and is expensive to scale
  • "The most valuable feature is the availability of end devices."
  • "The solution does not include enough features and has some performance issues."

What is our primary use case?

Our company has fifteen technicians who use the solution to monitor IT networks for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the availability of end devices.

What needs improvement?

The solution does not include enough features and has some performance issues.

We would like traffic analysis to drill down to network errors and the application itself to determine if issues are coming from service of the application.

The solution should offer an option for the public cloud.

I have been using the solution for ten years.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about SolarWinds, Fortinet, Microsoft and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable but on occasion has performance issues.

The solution is scalable and able to monitor devices scattered around multiple locations.

We are not sure exactly how scalable the solution is, but it is currently meeting our needs.

We don't use technical support because we are able to solve issues internally.

We previously used OpManager but at some point switched to the solution.

The initial setup is very straightforward and it is easy to add nodes.

Our company implements the solution for customers.

The solution is a bit expensive because the annual license does not include new features that are priced as add-ons.

We currently pay 15,000 Malaysian Ringgit ($3,209 USD) per year for our license which is based on the number of active sensors. Adding a large number of sensors can become costly.

We are currently evaluating other options such as NPM and Datadog because we are interested in a more robust and comprehensive tool. We are going to demo Datadog in the near future.

We would like a hybrid solution that includes both NMP and APM.

Some companies have subscribed to the solution for private cloud, but we have interest in a public cloud option like Azure and Amazon.

What other advice do I have?

When choosing a solution, it is important to strike a balance between needs and budget.

It is possible to find similar solutions that are competitively priced.

I rate the solution a six out of ten.