Polarion Requirements OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Polarion Requirements is the #6 ranked solution in top Application Requirements Management tools. PeerSpot users give Polarion Requirements an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Polarion Requirements is most commonly compared to IBM Rational DOORS: Polarion Requirements vs IBM Rational DOORS. Polarion Requirements is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a manufacturing company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Application Requirements Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2022

What is Polarion Requirements?
Polarion REQUIREMENTS is designed from the ground for highly effective, transparent and secure collaboration, while teams have the option to work in their familiar environments.
Polarion Requirements Customers
NetSuite, Ottobock, Zumtobel Group, Kªster Automotive GmbH, Sirona Dental Systems, LifeWatch, U.S. Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), PHOENIX CONTACT Electronics GmbH, Metso Corporation
Polarion Requirements Video

Polarion Requirements Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Polarion Requirements pricing:
"It is expensive but not for what it is. It is just the right price for what it is. Its price is also similar to other solutions."

Polarion Requirements Reviews

ALM Change & Deployment at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Good flexibility, good price, useful APIs, and very stable
  • "Its flexibility and APIs are the most valuable."
  • "Its user interface could be more user friendly. In addition, a lot of features are missing for test management. It should have the test case ordering feature."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for requirements management.

What is most valuable?

Its flexibility and APIs are the most valuable.

What needs improvement?

Its user interface could be more user friendly. In addition, a lot of features are missing for test management. It should have the test case ordering feature.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

Application Requirements Management
October 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, IBM, Atlassian and others in Application Requirements Management. Updated: October 2022.
653,584 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is very stable.

It is scalable. You can add a lot of documents and the volume can be increased. We have 20 users. It has not really been adopted by the end users in our company, but this is not because of Polarion. This is related to the processes used in the company.

Technical support provided by the vendor in France was very good.

The technical setup was quite easy, but the process for setting up the required templates was complex. It took one day for us to deploy it.

What other advice do I have?

Polarion should not be used for project management. It should be used for feasibility and requirement management. I would recommend to use it first to understand the features and then improve it. We wanted to improve and adapt it to our new requirements, but we never finished doing that. So, we are not able to release. It is a little bit hard to understand the features. That's why I am recommending to use it first.

I would rate Polarion Requirements an eight out of ten. It is quite a good solution.

PLM Senior Advisor at a hospitality company with 10,001+ employees
Powerful, configurable, solid performance, and top class technical support
  • "I would say there is value in how powerful, configurable, and user-friendly it is."
  • "One thing to consider is increased flexibility in terms of workflow configuration."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to track the requirements, user stories, software solution designs, and deliveries for our team-centered projects.

What is most valuable?

I would say there is value in how powerful, configurable, and user-friendly it is. A variety of file types can be managed and it is easy to report.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Polarion Requirements for the past year.

The stability is very solid and high performing.

My experience with technical support is very responsive. I would say that from a general perspective if I were to compare Siemens to a Dassault system, the previous PLM providers that we have been working with in the past, the production support, and all of the teams that manage the productions are much more reactive. They are attentive to the impact that their software may have on production. If for any reason there is a problem, they immediately need to react and come up with action plans because they know that the businesses are running on their tools. I would say, top class.

The initial setup was a little more complex than expected.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on how deep they want to go into that mechanism. They really need to commit to using the tool for all of their requirements gathering. What you can do, if you absolutely must do some of the things outside the tool, is use the link field and put the hyperlink to something else outside the tool, which is feasible. But if they do that, they need to pay attention that people will move out of the software to receive the rest of their information elsewhere. It has advantages and drawbacks. I would rate Polarion Requirements a nine out of ten.

Download our free Application Requirements Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Siemens, IBM, Atlassian, and more!
Updated: October 2022