Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Oracle Data Quality OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Data Quality is #11 ranked solution in top Data Quality tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Data Quality an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Oracle Data Quality is most commonly compared to Informatica Data Quality: Oracle Data Quality vs Informatica Data Quality. Oracle Data Quality is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 78% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Data Quality Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Oracle Data Quality?
Oracle Enterprise Data Quality delivers a complete, best-of-breed approach to party and product data, resulting in trustworthy master data that integrates with applications to improve business insight.

Oracle Data Quality was previously known as Datanomic.

Oracle Data Quality Customers
Roka Bioscience, Statistics Centre _ Abu Dhabi , Raymond James Financial inc., CaixaBank, Industrial Bank of Korea, Posco, NHS Business Services Authority, RWE Power, LIFE Financial Group,
Oracle Data Quality Video

Archived Oracle Data Quality Reviews (more than two years old)

Venkatraman Bhat - PeerSpot reviewer
Delivery Head - Database and Infrastructure Services at Tech Mahindra Limited
Easy to use and maintain, integrates well, and can handle any type of data
  • "Once it is set up, it is easy to use and maintain."
  • "If the length of time required for deployment was reduced then it would be very helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and software solutions company, and Oracle Data Quality is one of the solutions that we use to provide services.

In a multiple-system integration scenario, there is data flowing between different systems. Oracle Data Quality is used to establish a single source of truth. It is also used for new system integration and new application integration.

What is most valuable?

Customers are really keen to use this product for profiling, auditing, synching, and matching.

This system can handle any kind of data, whether it is customer data, product data, personal data, or financial data.

It integrates well with third-party applications.

Once it is set up, it is easy to use and maintain.

What needs improvement?

There are some challenges with respect to standardization, matching, segregation, and merging. Our technical team has not found this to be problematic but it has been reported by some of our customers.

Making this solution easier for non-technical end-users would be an improvement.

If the length of time required for deployment was reduced then it would be very helpful. For example, rather than take two or three weeks to deploy, having a simple implementation done within two or three days would be great.

The vendor needs to revisit their pricing strategy.

I have been using Oracle Data Quality for between six and eight years.

September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Informatica, Trillium and others in Data Quality. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Once it is configured, it is stable and will not crash.

This solution can scale with no issues. All of our customers are enterprise-level organizations, although I do know of some medium-sized companies that also use it.

The technical support from Oracle is excellent.

I also work with Informatica and other tools, but this is my primary solution for this task.

Compared to the competition, Oracle Data Quality is a very flexible and advanced product.

The initial setup is not complex, although it requires expertise and experience. It is not an out-of-the-box solution. The reason is that it is not meant for a particular purpose. It is a very powerful product that can handle any type of data, which means that it has to be properly configured for the requirements. Once the customer-specific configuration has been set up, the rest is quite straightforward.

For a couple of applications, the deployment will take a couple of weeks to get everything up and running.

We deploy this solution for our clients. For a simple installation, it does not require more than one person for the deployment. One administrator is required to set it up. After that, one data quality person is enough to handle it, even in an environment of medium complexity.

What other advice do I have?

We primarily work with the on-premises version, although we do have one project that uses the cloud-based deployment. The cloud version is a recent offering from Oracle.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to understand and define the business needs properly. All of the requirements have to be properly defined. This will allow you to take advantage of the best benefits of Oracle Data Quality.

It is important that you don't keep changing the requirements during implementation because it can become very messy. There can be a lot of issues that come from this. Creating the right roadmap for the various types of data is very important.

We have not had any major challenges in working with this product. Nonetheless, no product is perfect and there is always an improvement that is needed.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

it_user154608 - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Data Quality Architect at a recruiting/HR firm with 501-1,000 employees
A little complex in terms of the designing the infrastructure but not too complex.

What is most valuable?

Data Cleansing, Profiling, Matching, Customizable platform to meet anyone's needs.

How has it helped my organization?

Identifies the data anomalies and correct them. Finds the duplicate data with the entire enterprise Customer/Product data and merges them to make a single Customer or Product unique across the enterprise.

What needs improvement?

Integration performance and availability of out of the box integration to more products (ERP Tools, Data Cleansing Software etc.).

6 Years

None

Used to have issues with the previous versions, but the product is pretty stable right now and added load balancing and high availability solutions in recent versions

No. Product is very scalable as long enough database space and application server memory and CPU provided.

Very Good. Product team based UK is very responsive and helpful for all the solution questions and fixing defects.

Good in USA through Oracle Support. Great in UK from Product team.

We used to use a different solution, but switched to Oracle Data Quality because of its range of features and platform to perform multiple requirements in the same tool.

Initial Setup is always very simple. Need to be tuned at application and database level for improved performance based on the data handling requirements.

In-house team. We are specialized in Oracle Data Management practice with Data Quality as one of our strongest suites.

Yes. Informatica Data Quality, SAP BO, Talend etc.

What other advice do I have?

I'd recommend this solution to anyone who is using data quality or would want to know the quality of data in their company and fix the data. Great Dashboards and Audit capabilities. Can be used as light ETL tool as well.

Matching and Cleansing capabilities are second to none in Data Quality space.

September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Gurcan Orhan - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Quality Software Development Manager at Yapı Kredi Bank
I like the ease of management within ODI.

What is most valuable?

Ease of management within Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) and effectivity of EDQ Director

How has it helped my organization?

OEDQ helped us to define Data Quality issues from a business perspective by business users and ability to manage those issues within our ETL tool (Oracle Data Integrator - ODI).

What needs improvement?

Mobile support and mobile app can be implemented, since business users generally prefers to work with their laptops and mobile phones.

5+ years.

No, ease of installation with web based client.

No, what you enter provides you the exact solution you need.

I haven't faced any bugs, so didn't create any service request.

Straightforward. Jave web application (OEDQ Director) helped us for not installing any client application.

In-house.

Data Quality issues solved quickly, easily and jobs are controlled within Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) seamlessly.

Trillium was considered but not having in-ETL management and licensing cost.

Industry Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 10,001+ employees
A good pick for a data quality management solution. I hope they add more instructions and examples to their online help.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this product for me:

1. Address verification
  2. Integrated data profiling, auditing, and cleansing.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to automate our data profiling tasks that enabled us to identify and establish data quality rules and standards more efficiently. Since the rules are set up and integrated within the tool, it also facilitated an improvement in our data quality audit/validation and cleansing efforts. The address verification capability is also handy i.e. in making sure that our Customer and Supplier master data is accurate.

What needs improvement?

I hope they can add some more detailed instructions and examples to their Online Help documentation.

I have been using this product for around 3 years now.

We used the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) Quick Start Windows Installer and did not encounter any issue, except in establishing the connectivity with Oracle Data Integrator due to versions compatibility constraints. We found the fix from My Oracle Support.

We have experienced some system crashes i.e. when tying to run Data Profiling Processes for very large data sets. We had to restart the EDQ Application Server to resolve the problem.

We encountered some troubles during our initial set up / installation and we had to re-do it all over again. We asked for assistance from the Vendor and the customer service we received is satisfactory.

We are doing the data quality processes manually prior to EDQ deployment.

The Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ) Quick Start Windows Installer that we used for the initial setup is fairly uncomplicated. The complicated part is setting up the Global Knowledge Repository setup (Loqate) as the installation instructions are not very straightforward.

We implemented through an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle EDQ is indeed a state-of-the-art tool that will help you understand, improve, protect, and govern the quality of your enterprise data in a single integrated and collaborative environment. It is powerful yet easy to use. A good pick for a data quality management solution.

it_user157305 - PeerSpot reviewer
Siebel Consultant at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
We used Informatica IIR and switched because of support & compatibility reasons.

What is most valuable?

Synchronization of Contact / Account data is most valuable to the client.

How has it helped my organization?

The quality of data has vastly improved & our business intelligence reports are accurate in real time.

Additional examples:

1) Stateless – that means no synchronization of Contact / Account data is needed between Siebel and OEDQ. If for example a new contacts gets created – it will be possible to match this new contact immediately. There is no lag time for the synchronization between both.

2) Fully configurable matching process. In OEDQ a matched contact or account – the rules which are applicable while matching can be identified. So a score of 95% can be explained in such a way that a contact was found based on an exact match but with a different phone number.

What needs improvement?

Installation & initial setup while integrating with other enterprise software vendors.

2 years.

Yes, Java 64 bit version was used, but Siebel the enterprise software application was 32-bit. So we had compatibility issues.

Stand-Alone application (OEDQ) was very stable with-in apache.

Oracle customer service was excellent.

Oracle technical support was great as we got the response of most of our resolution ticket on the same day.

Yes, we used Informatica IIR (identity resolution system) & we switched because most of Enterprise software was Oracle based, so for support & compatibility reasons we switched to OEDQ.

Initial setup for OEDQ was straight forward but integration with CRM system was complex.

This product was implemented as a part of in-house development.

We have trust worthy & reliable data; accurate ana.

N/A. Software was procured by another department based on our request. You need one FTE or consultant to maintain the product after initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

Ensure that you have clear understanding when integration OEDQ with other enterprise software. Also ensure that software compatibility matrix & setup documentation has been reviewed carefully.

Download our free Data Quality Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Informatica, Trillium, and more!
Updated: September 2022