IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle BPM OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle BPM is #20 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give Oracle BPM an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Oracle BPM is most commonly compared to Camunda Platform: Oracle BPM vs Camunda Platform. Oracle BPM is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Oracle BPM?
The Industry's Most Complete and Unified BPM Solution A complete solution for all types of processes that provides a unified process foundation, user-centric design, and social BPM interaction. Reduces complexity and risk and increases business efficiency, visibility, and agility.

Oracle BPM was previously known as Oracle Business Process Management.

Oracle BPM Customers
State Revenue Office Victoria, New South Wales Health, REDISA, Panduit, Total E&P Indonesie
Oracle BPM Video

Oracle BPM Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle BPM pricing:
  • "This solution is very expensive. You are charged per license and an additional 20% for support."
  • "The licensing for this product is very costly. We pay for a yearly license to use Oracle BPM."
  • Oracle BPM Reviews

Lead Software Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Business processor management system effective for handling internal company orders and intellectual property management
    • "The processor management system is quite fast and scalable. We have 10 developers using this solution and it supports 25,000 users."
    • "Every time we roll out a new version of processes, we have to migrate to a new process. The process of this migration was not very smooth. We later decided that it would be easier for us to stop all processes, deploy a new version and then restart."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution as a business processor management system. We use this solution to develop internal documentation including our customer internal agreements and verification of contractors. We also use it for internal company orders and intellectual property management.

What needs improvement?

Oracle BPM is not used directly by our customers. It is a tool for developers. Oracle tried to make it a tool for business users too but from our point of view, this positioning is wrong. For example, one of the critical features that is not working well enough, is migration of processes when you deploy a new version of processes.

Every time we roll out a new version of processes, we have to migrate to a new process. The process of this migration was not very smooth. We later decided that it would be easier for us to stop all processes, deploy a new version and then restart.

We use our own interfaces because the standard interface was not sufficient for our customers. We tried the business rules, but after some time, we stopped using them. Right now it's mainly the process management functionality that we use.

I have been using this solution for six years.

This is a very stable solution.

Business Process Management (BPM)
    July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Camunda, IBM and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: July 2022.
    621,593 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The scalability of this solution depends on your architecture. The processor management system is quite fast and scalable. We have 10 developers using this solution and it supports 25,000 users.

We consulted a few times with local Oracle support. In some cases, they were able to assist us. In other cases, they gave direction where most customers find the answers.

I am not very happy with customer support, but it's not the worst that I have experienced.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is not very easy, as with most of Oracle's products. Some aspects of the setup were not very clear and it took a lot of time to solve challenges. Setting up the system took one week  but we had to come back and change settings many times.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution with many features that work really well. It is stable. Oracle misjudged how users will use this product and are trying to fix it using Oracle Process Cloud. I would advise others to look for a cloud version if possible.

Oracle BPM will require you to do a lot of development. If you don't have a strong team of developers and administrators, I would not recommend this solution. It is a complex and very powerful solution for people who know what they're doing.

Software Engineer at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    The workflow is quite intuitive and the support is customer-friendly
    • "One of the most valuable features of Oracle BPM is the workflow itself. It is quite intuitive."
    • "Oracle BPM could probably be improved with respect to the cost. When you are using this product, it'll be a bit costlier for the ROA. I think they should do some discounts on these products, especially for the licenses."

What is our primary use case?

We used this platform for some of the sales code related transactions we were doing, as well as to manage the process from the backend system to the front-end system.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I used this solution for three years.

This product is stable.

Oracle BPM is scalable.

In our organization, there are 200 users of this solution.

I have contacted Oracle's technical support, and I didn't face any problems during the process. Their support is quite intuitive and customer-friendly.

We were previously using Camunda BPM.

This solution is easy to install. We have a dedicated team for installation and configuring these applications. We never face any issues, and if there are any version conflicts or anything, we can reach out to Oracle's support. Our complete team is comprised of 60 people, but our Oracle BPM team is 10-15 guys. They are a combination of developers and infrastructure support guys.

We implemented this solution through an in-house team.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle BPM a nine out of ten. I would definitely recommend Oracle BPM to others.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Camunda, IBM, and more!
    Updated: July 2022