Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

OpenText 360 for SharePoint OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText 360 for SharePoint is #14 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give OpenText 360 for SharePoint an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. OpenText 360 for SharePoint is most commonly compared to Apache Airflow: OpenText 360 for SharePoint vs Apache Airflow. OpenText 360 for SharePoint is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is OpenText 360 for SharePoint?
With Process360, businesses can take advantage of enterprise process applications delivered on top of SharePoint that also leverage other Microsoft technologies for content management, collaboration, user interface design, and integrated communications.

OpenText 360 for SharePoint was previously known as Process 360, Global 360, OpenText Process 360 .

OpenText 360 for SharePoint Customers
iTAC Software, AG Alcatel-Lucent, Pacific Life, Deutsche Verbindungsstelle Krankenversicherung Ausland (DVKA)
OpenText 360 for SharePoint Video

OpenText 360 for SharePoint Pricing Advice

What users are saying about OpenText 360 for SharePoint pricing:
  • "Its price is reasonable, but its licensing is very complex. This platform contains a number of pieces, and you have to be an expert in reading all the conditions in the license. They should simplify its licensing."
  • "On-premises version is expensive"
  • "There is a license needed to use OpenText 360 for SharePoint and we pay annually. The price of the solution could be less expensive."
  • "OpenText 360's price varies depending on how long you've been a customer, how many licenses you have, and which products you use."
  • "SharePoint uses a subscription model."
  • OpenText 360 for SharePoint Reviews

Principal Technical Support Engineer at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Great for knowledge management, constantly evolving, and helps build good workflows
    • "It has a lot of flexibility, and Microsoft does come up with some new additions from time to time."
    • "If I have to really create an internal knowledge management portal, if I have to compare SharePoint and WordPress, WordPress is far, far better in regard to the SharePoint option."

What is our primary use case?

I'm the user of the SharePoint OpenText process 360 for SharePoint. Basically, we are using this for our internal knowledge management portal. We use the solution for all our accounts. It’s for major internal web pages or for internal work for SharePoint. We mainly use it internally.

What is most valuable?

It has a lot of flexibility, and Microsoft does come up with some new additions from time to time. In SharePoint, you do have the flexibility of uploading the documents, and then you can create the workflow, the workbench of curation and approvals. That’s for any content that is to be secured or to offer people to trust that their content is secure.

You have that all workflows can be built. The approval workflows can go from one person to another person. Since everything's virtual now and people are working from home, there are more security concerns in today's world. The most important thing at this point in time is for people to feel secure. I'm not in an office; I'm working virtually. I like creating content that is secure.

In that case, as a part of the knowledge management and content management, if the SharePoint can really help us in regard in terms of having a proper workbench in place, a workflow in place that can be built within that, where is what we can build the workflow and resolve things, however, that has the information rights management and those types of things to give the contributors of the content a trust that, the content is safe. I'm fine with sharing this content between the organization.

There are a lot of features.

What needs improvement?

If I have to really create an internal knowledge management portal, if I have to compare SharePoint and WordPress, WordPress is far, far better in regard to the SharePoint option. It has got a lot of added features into that. Both of them have pros and cons, and it would be OK to have SharePoint if you're not investing much into the WordPress side.

The solution is evolving. Microsoft really comes up with a lot of new products all the time. There’s Riva, which is their new thing, and then there’s Syntex, a new thing as well. They add a lot of things. We're exploring items for different areas that we are working on. Wherever we feel that "Yeah, that's really important, and that's really helpful for our KM, knowledge management area," we look into it and see how it works. Microsoft's been our partner for so long. They are there to really help us. In terms of the actual stability part, it's good. We haven’t had any issues.

Business Process Management (BPM)
    September 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Camunda, Pega and others in Business Process Management (BPM). Updated: September 2022.
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.

My understanding is the solution is scalable. We haven’t had any issues with expanding. However, there are a lot of areas in this regard that we still have to explore.

We have 200,000 people using OpenText.

There are a lot of POCs, and things are going on. Of course, when things grow, the business grows, and usage will grow.

Our technical team mostly deals with support. I don’t deal with them directly. As for the contract and as for the consulting contract, those have been taken care of as part of the agreement in regard to the technical support that is required. Everything comes into what has been agreed upon between both parties.

I used that which was there internally when I onboarded into this company. It was there already, and it has been trusted within the organization.

It was easy to set up. We had our Microsoft partner's help. We have our internal IT teams and then our Microsoft teams' help. It was not so tough, actually. The good part is we have a product team, a Microsoft team, and everyone who helps as a consulting partner knows their stuff. We also try to test any new things that come up from Microsoft to see if they can be implemented in our environment.

We had assistance from vendors. We are premium partners for them.

I know the licensing costs involved as I'm doing the budgeting part. I cannot really talk about the licensing things that have been agreed upon between Microsoft and us. Our procurement and finance team have taken care of the cost and everything. That's about their guidelines and things that they have between our organization and Microsoft.

What other advice do I have?

We have people who work on OpenText and Office 365. Our technical team works on it. Our portal and everything is on Office 365.

I'm not a technical person, basically. I do have a technical team who work along with me.

I’m not sure what the deployment model is and if it is on the cloud or on-premises.

When you start using the solution, there are many things you might have to connect with and want to connect to.

It is a good solution. It gives you a lot of flexibility in having a few items for basic knowledge management. It's scalable, and there are a lot of new things that can be added. The good part is, when the organization is all on SharePoint, having this really helps you to integrate better.

If your whole organization is into SharePoint, when you're creating a knowledge management platform along with this, it really helps you to integrate better. The search feature works better since everything is on SharePoint.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Carlos Hulot - PeerSpot reviewer
    Product and Systems Director at SPCM
    A customizable product with good stability and scalability and reasonable price
    • "The fact that you can see and create something that fits your business is the most valuable thing in this platform. It is a customizable product, so it fits your needs."
    • "Its licensing needs to be simplified. Currently, its licensing is very complex. It contains a number of pieces, and you have to be an expert in reading all the conditions in the license. They should simplify the licensing and make it easier to understand. It would make a customer's life easier."

What is our primary use case?

I use most of the things that are available there. SharePoint is a very extensive platform. There are dashboards, groups discussion, knowledge management, and all sorts of things. I use most of the functionalities. It is software-as-a-service, and we have the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The fact that you can see and create something that fits your business is the most valuable thing in this platform. It is a customizable product, so it fits your needs.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for more than ten years.

It is very stable. I hardly remember when it was down. There were some glitches, but they are difficult to remember.

It is very scalable. We started with only a couple of people. Now, the whole company is using it. We have around 200 people. So, there are no issues with its scalability.

We haven't had any issues with the solution. For small things that have happened, wherever we called, they got in touch within the next 24 hours. Usually, in another 24 hours, they have a solution for you.

It is very easy to set up. Everything is already there. What takes time is for you to customize the product according to your needs, which is usually a pretty straightforward thing. It also depends on the complexity of what you are trying to customize. It can perhaps take a couple of days, but usually, it is very easy.

Its price is reasonable, but its licensing is very complex. This platform contains a number of pieces, and you have to be an expert in reading all the conditions in the license. They should simplify its licensing.

What other advice do I have?

It is such a good solution. I would rate OpenText 360 for SharePoint a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
    Business Process Management (BPM)
    September 2022
    632,539 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Subodh Koparde - PeerSpot reviewer
    Enterprise Architect at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Makes collaboration and version management easy
    • "The most valuable features are collaboration, traceability, retention of documents, and search."
    • "An area for improvement would be how the platform handles large volumes of documents. It also doesn't provide a very good, robust backup and restore capacity. In the next release, I would like the search technology to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is managing office documents.

How has it helped my organization?

OpenText 360 makes it very easy to collaborate with others - it allows us to manage document versions, collaborate with multiple people, and add access restrictions.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for about twenty years.

This is a pretty stable product, although there can be issues using the SaaS version on an outdated Microsoft platform.

Scalability is limited due to storage restrictions.

Technical support is pretty good.

The SaaS version's setup is straightforward, but if you use on-premises or IS, it requires an advanced level of knowledge and expertise. Depending on the size of the enterprise and requirements, deployment can take between one and six months.

If you are using the on-premises version, this product tends to be very expensive, whereas the SaaS product uses floating licenses, so it's usually cheaper. Additional costs may also apply, for instance, if you want to backup and restore your files, you would need to spend money on a third-party solution.

I evaluated IBM Pilot and Documentum.

What other advice do I have?

SharePoint is a general-purpose tool that fits well with other suites of products. However, if you need to use more than just Word and Excel documents, such as internal documentation, those will not work with SharePoint. If you're in the business of handling a large volume of documents, SharePoint is not a good platform. I would rate this product as nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    MOUAAD HAYADI - PeerSpot reviewer
    Lead Architect, Urbaniste SI at Syntechnologie
    High performance, scalable, and detailed documentation available
    • "The most valuable feature of OpenText 360 for SharePoint is its performance. The solution is one of the best in the market if you search the internet."

What is our primary use case?

OpenText 360 for SharePoint is used for documents that have to be digitalized and placed on the database. We are able to have an advance search and take advantage of other options for our OCR code or barcode.

What is most valuable?

I have been using OpenText 360 for SharePoint for approximately five years.

The solution is stable.

I have found OpenText 360 for SharePoint to be scalable.

We have approximately 100 people using the solution in my organization, we plan to increase usage in the future.

We previously used other solutions but we switched to OpenText 360 for SharePoint because of the ease of use for the processes.

The installation of OpenText 360 for SharePoint was straightforward. It took us approximately two days to complete.

The vendor provides detailed documentation of how to implement the solution. I did not need any assistance.

There is a license needed to use OpenText 360 for SharePoint and we pay annually. The price of the solution could be less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others, and I recommend it to others in my organization.

I would rate OpenText 360 for SharePoint a ten out of ten.

HemantMittal - PeerSpot reviewer
      Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
      Platform independent but issues with stability

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use OpenText 360 to archive and index enterprise documents.

What is most valuable?

OpenText 360's best features are platform independence and its performance when searching large numbers of documents.

What needs improvement?

OpenText 360's performance could be improved. In the next release, OpenText 360 should include in-built connectors for plugins.

I've been using OpenText 360 for SharePoint since 2014.

OpenText 360 is generally stable, though there are sometimes issues with document size or format.

Open Text's technical support has a lot of skills for troubleshooting and resolving issues.

The initial setup is easy for those with experience but may be a little difficult for newcomers.

We've seen a good ROI from OpenText 360.

OpenText 360's price varies depending on how long you've been a customer, how many licenses you have, and which products you use. Professional services are available at additional cost.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate OpenText 360 seven out of ten.

MDS & Solutions Director at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
      Good BPM software with quality connection - could use some more integrations and better pricing

What is our primary use case?

We are able to create and manage workflows using the data stored within SharePoint.

What is most valuable?

This solution has good connection and we do not need to migrate everything in order to protect the repository.

What needs improvement?

I would like for there to be even more integrations in the next release and I believe that the price could go down a bit.

I have been using this solution for six to eight months.

This solution is stable.

This solution is absolutely scalable, we have about three hundred users.

Technical support was good.

The initial setup was straightforward and it is easy to integrate with other systems. We have about three guys maintaining the solution.

SharePoint uses a subscription model.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this a seven out of ten.

Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Camunda, Pega, and more!
      Updated: September 2022