IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

OneLogin by One Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OneLogin by One Identity is #6 ranked solution in top Access Management tools, #7 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software, #8 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers, #9 ranked solution in top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools, and #9 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools. PeerSpot users give OneLogin by One Identity an average rating of 8 out of 10. OneLogin by One Identity is most commonly compared to Okta Workforce Identity: OneLogin by One Identity vs Okta Workforce Identity. OneLogin by One Identity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is OneLogin by One Identity?

OneLogin by One Identity is a cloud-based identity and access management service that enables customers to protect their most prized assets – their people, their identities, and the information they create – whenever, wherever. OneLogin provides everything you need for a modern identity strategy that is smart and secure, and offers a seamless experience for your employees, customers, and partners. With OneLogin, you can connect all your applications—in the cloud or on-premises—in one centralized location. Additionally, OneLogin provides advanced functionality by leveraging machine learning to deliver smart, context aware, and on-demand threat intelligence that learns about your users and your business as it continues to grow.

OneLogin by One Identity was previously known as OneLogin, OneLogin Workforce Identity.

OneLogin by One Identity Customers

Uber, Noom, Evernote, Sony, Petco, airbnb, Stitch Fix, Pandora, City of Charlotte, Florida State University, Airbus, Japan Airlines, Aetna, Compass, AAA, PennyMac

OneLogin by One Identity Video

Archived OneLogin by One Identity Reviews (more than two years old)

Senior Support Specialist at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use, good password management and a straightforward setup
  • "The solution's ability to save and manage of all my passwords is great."
  • "In terms of managing the users on a large scale, it would be easier if they had some kind of user management portal."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we use the solution for identity management. We wanted to have our own identity management on-premises as we did not want to use any third-party cloud solutions.

What is most valuable?

I haven't explored the solution completely to a great extent. Thus far, I've found that it's easy to use.  The solution's ability to save and manage of all my passwords is great.

What needs improvement?

With OneLogin, I haven't found anything that I thought particularly needed an upgrade. The features that they have provided are absolutely fine with me. When it comes to our organization's requirements, it changes from time to time, so the features we need might change in the future as well. In terms of managing the users on a large scale, it would be easier if they had some kind of user management portal. Device management could be added to the solution. Users should be able to have a custom device added to the enterprise edition of the portal. From there, users should be able to add any device and use the solution to login. The user management is supplied via a plugin and should probably just come standard within the solution itself.

I've been using the solution for one year.
Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about One Identity, Okta, Microsoft and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS). Updated: June 2022.
610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Scalability-wise, we haven't deployed it completely. Right now, we are looking for something that may be more compatible with our requirements. We are not yet finalized on the features that we need. We have biometric devices that need to be created and finished as well and so we want users to have both password and biometric sign-in capabilities. Therefore, we've yet to attempt to scale the solution and I wouldn't be able to speak to how hard or easy it is in general.

We have tried Okta, and currently, we are trying to go through the company's product manuals. We're working to purchase a subscription on a monthly basis for 5 or 6 users. We are still exploring what the pros and cons are to see if it will fit with our requirements.  Both products are great. Okta does provide user management so I can have all my users' applications in a single location. With OneLogin, I need to indicate the application and supply the technical application via a plugin. We need to have the plugin for OneLogin which we don't need with Okta.

During the initial setup, I was going through the user manual and then trying to work out how to implement everything. I am inter-technical. Therefore, I have a fair understanding of how the system works. It was not a problem for me. For first-time users, I think it could be simplified a little bit more.

I handled the entire implementation myself using the documentation provided by the solution.

Currently, upper management is asking that we look at other solutions. We're looking at Okta while we start the process of seeking out other solutions to compare.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of the version we are using, however, I do believe it is the latest release. I use it on my personal computer for my personal use. I have a web subscription. I was recently looking for other Identity providers available that have on-premises potential. OneLogin has on-premises solutions but their enterprise options are a bit on the expensive side so we are looking for alternatives. Currently, I'm much more focused on Okta, as the solution hasn't really met our requirements. The main feature that we are looking for is the device management in which we don't need to have a plugin for anything. We want to manage everything in one place. We even want to have the PCs go password-less. Based on the fact that we want to make all of our PCs password-less, we are looking for something that can help us manage the PCs as well. I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

ManojKumar4 - PeerSpot reviewer
Regional Operations Manager at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Enables us to connect users to IDE and other endpoints
    • "OneLogin needs to increase the number of connectors available out of the box to connect to the different endpoints. The number of out-of-box connectors should be increased."

What is our primary use case?

Our use case is to connect the users to the IDE and other endpoints. That is the basic use case that we have for OneLogin.

How has it helped my organization?

With OneLogin there is a shift in the way identities are managed from an on-premise solution to a cloud solution.

Increasing the number of users with OneLogin is very easy. You don't have to really increase your hardware configuration because you don't host anything.

What is most valuable?

I like the feature with OneLogin where you can create a new role and associate it with the users. It's quite easy and user-friendly. It doesn't take much expertise to do all these things with OneLogin from what I observed.

What needs improvement?

OneLogin needs to increase the number of connectors available out of the box to connect to the different endpoints. The number of out-of-box connectors should be increased. If more of the out-of-box connectors are made more available, the product would be improved. I believe that the user interface can be a little better on OneLogin.

The downtime with OneLogin is something that will keep improving, but it's fine. The pricing is quite competitive compared to other products.

I would like to see easier UI customization and things like that. It should be easier to configure the settings of OneLogin based on the customer's needs.

In our experience, OneLogin is very stable.

Scalability is one issue with OneLogin that we haven't really tested yet. We haven't put that much load on the software directly to test the scalability.

Given the number of users that we cater to, it performs quite well. There are different customers of ours using the solution. The biggest customer might have around ten thousand internet users who are using this.

With OneLogin we manage the typical roles of the client, like developers, managers, internet employees, etc. Those are the kind of people that we are regulating.  We do not require more than two people for the deployment. For maintenance, we always give one day for the allocation, but there are not many maintenance tasks. We have one person enrolled as the maintenance support consultant per project. OneLogin is still the market's most exemplary solution.

Slowly our use of OneLogin is increasing. I wouldn't say it is very extensively used currently, but our goal is to have more and more customers use it.

Personally, I have not had direct experience with OneLogin customer support because I have not interacted with them. The different deployment teams take care of those things.

We have used other solutions in different places. For cloud solutions, we have used Microsoft Azure and Oracle Cloud Services, their Cloud Identity Services. We recommend this solution based on our client's needs.

It's quite simple to set up OneLogin. The initial setup is quite simple because you don't have to do too many tasks. Many things are already there when you log in to manage the product.

Compared to the on-premise solution, the cloud version of OneLogin has many pre-configured settings and it doesn't take much time to set up for your enterprise.

I'm not the person who does the deployments. We are partners with OneLogin and we do this for the clients. The delivery team handles the deployments. What we have done is organize some pilot programs where we demonstrated the product capabilities to our customers.

We use people from our own company to deploy OneLogin. Our own guys do the deployment since they were all trained for it. They are all very good at doing the OneLogin deployment for our clients.

The pricing for OneLogin seems to be okay. The pricing and licensing are affordable. If you'd consider OneLogin to be expensive, it's worth it.

If the customer is already heavy on the Microsoft Windows platform and they have an inclination towards Azure, we compare how Azure would work for the customer versus OneLogin. That is where we make a decision.

If the client doesn't have much of a directory requirement in the environment, then OneLogin would be a good choice.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend having the professional services from OneLogin, if not fully, at least partially.

OneLogin is a pretty good product. I would rate OneLogin as eight because there is still room for improvement.

Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS)
    June 2022
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Software Development Lead at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    For me, the valuable features are: API, Documentation, Mappings.
    • "Documentation."
    • "having a RESTful implementation instead of RPC would have been more desirable."

How has it helped my organization?

Greatly improved our password security and policies surrounding them. Better user activity logging and reporting as well.

What is most valuable?

API, Documentation, Mappings.

What needs improvement?

Performance is lacking sometimes and having a RESTful implementation instead of RPC would have been more desirable.

A little. It isn't possible to view all users in a specific role on our account. The request times out.

Best in industry.

Very knowledgeable and helpful when they could be. Sometimes their hands are tied by engineering bottlenecks.

An internally developed solution. We switched because of contractual security obligations to our clients and opted to let a third party that had already invented the wheel do it for us.

Fairly complex. Our implementation was different than their standard, out of the box, installation. It took some time for us to wrap our mind around OneLogin's capabilities as well as OneLogin to understand our business.

In-house.

Keeping our clients happy keeps us in business. It is very high.

Surprisingly expensive given the price of on-premise solutions. They do deliver on what they are paid for though.

Not as in depth as we did with OneLogin.

What other advice do I have?

Good product, great service.

Director of Information Security at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Integration with Active Directory and connector support are valuable features.

How has it helped my organization?

It eased SaaS selection, adoption and integration.

What is most valuable?

Ease of integration with AD and connector support are the most valuable features.

What needs improvement?

• More off-hour support

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is top notch.

Technical support is very knowledgeable and sound.

We did not previously use a different solution.

Initial setup was very straightforward.

Vendor team was very sound and knowledgeable of the solution. Expertise is at the highest possible level.

ROI was immediate.

Negotiate well.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Okta.

Director of Digital Media Services at a university with 501-1,000 employees
    The self-service password resets is one of the most valuable features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are single sign-on, user provisioning, and self-service password resets.

How has it helped my organization?

It has made our user experience much better. Instead of having users remember dozens of usernames and passwords, they only need one now.

What needs improvement?

They regularly implement ideas from their Ideas portal.

The company is always improving. OneLogin has a customer Ideas Portal, where customers can submit product enhancements to the company. I have personally submitted 10 ideas through the portal, and the company has taken action on half of these ideas. Two of them have already been implemented into the product. One is in the current development sprint. One is planned for a future sprint, and one is marked for “Future consideration.” Many companies offer these types of portals as a way of providing some method for customers to voice product enhancements. With many other vendors,

I feel like the ideas portal is a dead end and that the company just doesn’t want to tell me that they don’t care. I trust that OneLogin actually values their customers and their ideas. This is evident by the number of enhancements that get implemented directly from this portal.

I have used it for about three years.

We have encountered deployment issues. We had a number of issues in our integration, but the company has now completely changed their on-boarding process for new customers. My understanding is that things are completely different now.

There were issues with stability in 2015 and early 2016, but OneLogin has completely re-architected the product, and it has been rock solid for over a year.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is all aces.

The support personnel are knowledgeable and friendly. Most issues are resolved with only a couple of emails.

We transitioned from a different provider. The previous provider went out of business.

Initial setup was mostly straightforward. We'd done it before with the previous provider, so a number of the most difficult questions had already been answered.

We implemented in-house.

ROI is 12.

Don't trust the pricing on the site. Contact a sales rep.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Okta, Ping, HelloID, Shibboleth, CAS, and Gluu.

What other advice do I have?

Use them. You won't regret it.

Principal Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It has resulted in a highly productive IT services organization but 24/7 product technical support would be welcomed.

What is most valuable?

• Desktop SSO - Single Sign with multiple cloud based SAAS Providers using corporate Active Directory Credentials
    • User Mapping – Control Access to cloud based SAAS Services using AD Security Groups
    • Self Service for AD Password Resets
    • Ability to Integrate with multiple directories
    • High Availability Configuration - Ability to establish a failover architecture
    • Multifactor Authentication

How has it helped my organization?

By using OneLogin, we have eliminated the need for users to remember and use multiple credentials for several cloud based SAAS applications. In turn this has resulted in fewer calls to the IT Helpdesk. The change password feature acts as a self-service mechanism and enables users to reset their Active Directory Domain credentials without involving the need to contact the IT Helpdesk. Overall it has resulted in a highly productive IT services organization.

What needs improvement?

Probably establishing a 24/7 product technical support with dedicated staff. Personally, I have never had to call outside business hours, so not sure if this is applicable. However there have been times where reaching a technical support resource during US Business hours is difficult. In my experience the easiest way to access OneLogin Tech support has been over email and their Ticketing System.

I've used it for two years.

No issues encountered.

With the exception of a couple of outages over the last 2 years, OneLogin’s Identity Management Service has been quite stable.

No issues encountered.

Customer Service has been excellent and professional.

Technical Support has been great. It has always been a pleasure working with the Tech Support Resources for the following areas of support:

• Answers to Technical queries over email/telephone
    • Active Directory Connector Upgrades
    • Establishing SSO with cloud based SAAS applications such as Zendesk, Salesforce, Birst, Ultimate UltiPro, Concur etc.

There was no SSO solution with cloud based SAAS services before OneLogin was chosen.

Straightforward.

In-house.

Yes – the other options included Ping Identity and Okta.

What other advice do I have?

Please evaluate the requirements for single sign on in a Lab environment first and test the use case scenario. Some of the key criteria used for product selection were

• Security
    • AD Integration/Provisioning
    • Ease of Use [User Experience]
    • Financial Stability of Company
    • System Requirements
    • Implementation Time
    • Cost
    • Connectors to cloud based SAAS Applications and Ease of Integration with on premise applications
    • Customer References
    • Reporting Capability
    Download our free Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about One Identity, Okta, Microsoft, and more!
    Updated: June 2022