Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

OneLogin by One Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OneLogin by One Identity is #6 ranked solution in top Access Management tools, #7 ranked solution in top User Provisioning Software, #8 ranked solution in top Single Sign-On (SSO) tools, #9 ranked solution in top Identity Management (IM) tools, and #9 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers. PeerSpot users give OneLogin by One Identity an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. OneLogin by One Identity is most commonly compared to Okta Workforce Identity: OneLogin by One Identity vs Okta Workforce Identity. OneLogin by One Identity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is OneLogin by One Identity?

OneLogin by One Identity is a cloud-based identity and access management service that enables customers to protect their most prized assets – their people, their identities, and the information they create – whenever, wherever. OneLogin provides everything you need for a modern identity strategy that is smart and secure, and offers a seamless experience for your employees, customers, and partners. With OneLogin, you can connect all your applications—in the cloud or on-premises—in one centralized location. Additionally, OneLogin provides advanced functionality by leveraging machine learning to deliver smart, context aware, and on-demand threat intelligence that learns about your users and your business as it continues to grow.

OneLogin by One Identity was previously known as OneLogin, OneLogin Workforce Identity.

OneLogin by One Identity Customers

Uber, Noom, Evernote, Sony, Petco, airbnb, Stitch Fix, Pandora, City of Charlotte, Florida State University, Airbus, Japan Airlines, Aetna, Compass, AAA, PennyMac

OneLogin by One Identity Video

OneLogin by One Identity Reviews

IgnacioMartinez - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of IT at a venture capital & private equity firm with 11-50 employees
Great pricing, saves costs, and doesn't have a big learning curve
  • "It's super useful to have a single pane of glass when it comes to access management."
  • "I would like better reporting from SmartFactor Authentication when a user is not able to sign in due to a new location, new IP, new device, et cetera."

What is our primary use case?

We use it primarily as an identity provider. Beyond that, we use the SSO and SAML components. Additionally, we utilize their SmartFactor Authentication to prevent dictionary attacks. This is an additional security measure.

How has it helped my organization?

We needed the solution primarily as an identity provider. We needed something that was cloud-based and not Microsoft-based. We were primarily Mac users and still are to a large degree.

It has helped with compliance and instituted a security measure that isn't very common with other solutions, at least not that I've seen, like putting MFA or second-factor authentication before the password prevents dictionary attacks. Dictionary attacks are when people try to access a given site, whether we SSO or SAML to it or directly to OneLogin itself to gain access to any of the company services. Putting MFA first prevents people or external threat actors from trying to get someone's password and getting access that way. They need that second authentication before they can even type in their passwords.

What is most valuable?

Given that cybersecurity is the client's concern, SmartFactor Authentication has been really handy in checking off some of those boxes.

It's handy that the desktop feature enables users to log in once and have access to all apps and their OneLogin portal. It's useful to have, especially since it’s centralized, since there's MFA protecting it, and since there are various layers of security there. I would say it's impactful. It's something that we needed.

The adoption rate of the solution in our organization is primary. You can't get access to email without going to OneLogin. In that regard, it's a good thing. We need it and we want it. We're essentially enforcing it and everyone has to use it.

The solution provides us with a single pane of glass for access management across our organization. There are some applications outside of it and that's not really OneLogin's fault. They don't offer SSO or SAML.

It's super useful to have a single pane of glass when it comes to access management. It's great to have everything in one place. It's great to have all the logs there in one place. It's easy to see who accesses what. Especially today, there are so many different systems. Keeping everything in one place makes my job easier.

We have not used Smart Hooks to create custom workflows and integrations.

OneLogin work identity helped to free up our time. It seems like the whole onboarding process, offboarding process, and security are easier.

I'm the primary IT guy. We have a third-party consulting firm as well that helps us out, however, anytime I have to onboard or offboard someone, it makes it so much easier.

The solution affected our experience when working remotely. It made COVID pretty much a breeze. We were not impacted at all in any way. We wanted to structure ourselves that way, to begin with. We didn't want to rely on any on-premises technologies in case there were issues. Any of our users can work from anywhere and that's something that we wanted to do from the get-go. We've definitely been able to do that thanks to OneLogin.

The solution helped save money for our organization, either by optimizing time-intensive processes or by increasing productivity.

It’s hard to say, money-wise, however, definitely with time, it’s saved us incalculable amounts of time. Just having a single place to go to onboard or offboard users makes the whole process a whole lot easier. I tend to deploy licenses, at least from Microsoft, automatically from OneLogin for users. I don't have to go into each separate app and create their account there. I don't have to worry about passwords or MFA for any of those services. There are just tremendous amounts of time saved all around.

What needs improvement?

We use the solution SmartFactor Authentication to adjust authentication flows in real-time, depending on the risk score associated with the login attempt. I honestly haven't found that as useful. It's helpful, however, I've run into an issue where it blocks people from signing in. Essentially, if I'm not paying attention to such and such person failed to log in, it doesn't seem like there's an easy way to alert the admin, "Hey, this person was blocked from signing in and cannot sign in at all," even if they're attempting a legitimate sign in. Therefore, while we do utilize it, we keep it at the highest level, just so that if users are traveling, they will not be bothered most of the time by it.

For now, the only thing that needs to improve is the support. I used to have a really good support experience. I'm not sure now that they were acquired by One Identity, it seemed like that changed. It could just be growing pains, however, I feel like their support lately needs some improvement. The product itself works great.

I would like better reporting from SmartFactor Authentication when a user is not able to sign in due to a new location, new IP, new device, et cetera. That would definitely help.

Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about One Identity, Okta, Microsoft and others in Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS). Updated: September 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

As a company, we've used the solution for well over four years, however, I've used it for four years exactly.

Lately, I've been a little disappointed with the stability. We had a few outages recently. I don't know if it was two or three. I do know that they went on for hours. The users couldn't SSO into their sites or apps, and that was a bit unexpected, to be honest, one, that we had an outage like that, and two, that it took so long to resolve.

It's highly scalable. We use it pretty much wherever we can. I like that about it. Even though we don't use the desktop product, that has huge potential as well.

I would've given support really high marks earlier. However, it's not as good anymore. I've submitted a couple of cases that kind of helped me, however, the support staff that I spoke with were not super helpful for one of the cases. They never responded and I didn't feel like following up as I just didn't know if I would get the response I wanted or that I was looking for.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

I did not use a different solution previously. I have used Okta elsewhere and I like it. I've used AD as well back in the day, however, OneLogin and Okta are a step ahead.

I was part of the initial setup. It's been a while now and it is more straightforward. Initially, I needed to get used to the product and figure out where everything is more than anything. I wouldn't call it that complex. The documentation has been getting better, so that definitely goes a long way. I wouldn't describe the setup as too complex. There's a learning curve, however, it's not super high. For the most part, you can find where things are in the various different menus.

We deployed the solution using two or three IT staff. We're a smaller company.

There are around 45 to 50 end-users. Endpoints were around 75 to 80. We do have a variety of different teams, some of which use different software or different applications. We do have a lot of remote users and it has worked flawlessly for them for the most part work. We've had contractors use it and it has worked flawlessly there also. It's pretty robust and pretty simple to set up new users and give them access to whatever they need.

The solution requires occasional maintenance that is done internally. We look through the logs or look through access.

We did not use an integrator or reseller or consultant for the deployment of the solution.

I would say we have seen an ROI, especially in terms of time for IT, time, and security.

The pricing is great and competitive. It's right around where Okta is, and maybe a little cheaper. I

I came into the company and they were already using it. I didn't see a need to change. I know Okta is growing alongside OneLogin. However, I haven't really seen a need to change.

What other advice do I have?

We do not use OneLogin desktop feature to extend SSO and Mac OS or Windows machines. I am considering it, however, I know there are also other offerings. We utilize Kandji for Mac MDM and I'm considering trialing that. As far as Windows goes, we have Intune set up and they do SSO. There's no need for a OneLogin client on their desktop. We had that set up before the OneLogin offering, so we just kept to it as is.

We have not used Smart Hooks to create custom workflows and integrations. We use various clouds for our deployment, including Microsoft and Google.

I'd rate the solution overall an eight out of ten. The biggest factor for me from giving it the highest score right now is the support.

The ease of use as far as deploying the users or connecting fast applications is straightforward. Sometimes you do require the help of documentation, however, when you do, the documentation is there and it is thorough. It's a lot more straightforward than something like Active Directory, however, it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison.

Google
Control System Cybersecurity Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 201-500 employees
Easy access, and allows for simple onboarding and offboarding
  • "Once I made the OneLogin ID, it would essentially make user names and passwords for every application that we had."
  • "To offboard, you have to manually click on this checklist, each of the checkmarks. It would actually be really nice if, for offboarding someone, you just click "offboard" and it automatically runs a script to do that."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is a single sign-on for a control systems integrator startup that I was the systems administrator for. We linked it with several other applications just to give our employees a one-stop-shop portal to get to all of the other applications they needed to use, based on their role within the company and who needed access to what.

How has it helped my organization?

It was really well accepted by pretty much everybody at the company. If somebody got locked out of something, it was really easy to figure out how to get them back up and running. It was really, really easy. It was very, very intuitive. The whole application was just intuitive. It was easy to understand. It was easy to come to grips with stuff. If I couldn't figure out how to do something, then the support articles were pretty darn and helpful as well.

What is most valuable?

Something I really liked about the product was how easy it was to onboard and offboard people. Onboarding people took maybe 10 to 15 minutes overall. Once we had it connected to everything, once I made the OneLogin ID, it would essentially make user names and passwords for every application that we had.

What needs improvement?

When you offboard someone on OneLogin, there's this checklist of stuff. However, basically, you have to manually click on this checklist, each of the checkmarks. It would actually be really nice if, for offboarding someone, you just click "offboard" and it automatically runs a script to do that.

It's not like a massive amount of time. Still, it'd be kind of nice just to hit one button and be say all right, I've offboarded these people. I click the button and they're out.

I'm a cybersecurity guy and I found that the two-factor authentication offering they have (if you don't buy one of their other products) is pretty basic. It'd be nice to have something a bit more advanced included, however, that's probably just me wishing.

I've used the solution for eight to ten months. It's been just under a year.

I believe the solution had been implemented in the company the year before I had worked in the automation group.

It was really stable. It was actually really nice and easy to pick up and learn. It would work, it would do what it needed to do. Thankfully, my predecessor had left some documentation on how to do stuff, however, it was pretty simple and easy to follow stuff as well. It wasn't that difficult to get the hang of.

It was definitely scalable. I was administrating it at the start of the pandemic, so we scaled down and then we scaled up as needed. It was very, very scalable. We have between 50 and 100 people on it in the company.

99% of the people who weren't me just used it to get to the stuff they were working with. I was doing most of the work with it. I wouldn't say excessively used at all.

I didn't use their tech support a bunch. The one big issue I had with OneLogin wasn't actually OneLogin's fault. I was trying to do an integration with ADP so that our employees when I was working there, could basically access their W2's and all that. They were very responsive through tech support. I didn't have any issues getting in touch with them. They usually got back to me within the day. They were very helpful.

I didn't do the integration, I just did the administration after it had been integrated. That said, it was SaaS as far as I'm aware.

I handled maintenance. We didn't have a ton of maintenance to do, or updates or anything of that nature. Once we got it up and running, it was essentially just basically making sure that the bill got paid.

The pricing for the base solution was fine. There's a separate product they do for two-factor authentication. It's extra. There is OneLogin Adaptive, they changed the name of it, which was a bit too expensive for Adaptive two-factor authentication. Other than that, I thought the price was right. We were pretty frugal over at my company when I worked there.

I can't recall if we purchased directly from OneLogin or from a reseller.

What other advice do I have?

I was a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

It's a nice SSO. Just know that if you want a more proper security suite for access, it's going to cost you more money. The basic package is just very basic two-factor authentication.

Download our free Identity and Access Management as a Service (IDaaS) (IAMaaS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about One Identity, Okta, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: September 2022