Okta Workforce Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Okta Workforce Identity is the #2 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers, top Access Management tools, and top ZTNA services. PeerSpot users give Okta Workforce Identity an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Okta Workforce Identity is most commonly compared to Google Cloud Identity: Okta Workforce Identity vs Google Cloud Identity. Okta Workforce Identity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Okta Workforce Identity Buyer's Guide

Download the Okta Workforce Identity Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Okta Workforce Identity?

Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on-premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance. Okta is an on-demand identity and access management service for web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall.

Okta Workforce Identity Customers

Box, Groupon, National Geographic, Western Union, DocuSign

Okta Workforce Identity Video

Archived Okta Workforce Identity Reviews (more than two years old)

SuryakantKale - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Technology Officer at Windval Technology Solutions LLC
Easy to implement and manage, and the cost benefits are valuable
  • "The most valuable features are ease of operation and visibility."
  • "The integration with third-party tools needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Okta is one of the products that we implement for our clients. I am a solution architect and help to design the system.

Most of our clients have a hybrid architecture where they want to use a single sign-on. They have some applications on-premises, whereas others are on the public cloud. This means that they have a two-tier or three-tier architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients are happy because prior to implementation, they had a very distributed architecture. Okta has allowed them to consolidate with respect to identity management, which increases their operational efficiency.

This product has the features that every customer is looking for.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of operation and visibility.

This product is easy to deploy and easy to manage.

There are cost benefits to using this solution.

What needs improvement?

The integration with third-party tools needs to be improved. Mainly, the open-source APIs for Splunk would be helpful, as that is where they aggregate most of the data. If this process can be streamlined then it will definitely help.

Okta Workforce Identity
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been working with Okta for the past three years.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. Our clients are large, Fortune 500 businesses.

Okta has very good support and I would score them high, at nine out of ten. I am definitely happy with them.

Prior to working with Okta, our clients had native solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We currently have one customer deployed on AWS and another on Azure.

I am the solution architect and our in-house team does the implementation.

As part of the process, our clients did a couple of POCs. Symantec was one of them, Okta was another, and there was a third product that they evaluated. During this process, they had success criteria defined, and Okta did well with most of it.

The metrics included the operation and cost benefits, the business value, and the support.

What other advice do I have?

Every customer has a different need and a different requirement. For anybody who is considering this product, I think they should do a pilot POC to make sure that it works well in their environment.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Information Technology Consultant at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Provides the security that we were looking at and a number of options for multifactor authentication
  • "The MFA part is the best. MFA provided most of the security that we were looking at with respect to the second level of authentication. Okta Workforce Identity provides a number of options with respect to multifactor authentication, such as the app, phone call, and text. These options provide different ways of logging in for users, and they were a lot more than what we needed. This is certainly a very good feature of Okta Workforce Identity."
  • "They also have single sign-on (SSO). When we bought Okta Workforce Identity a year and a half ago, I was also looking at SSO, but not much documentation was available for SSO. The documentation for SSO should be a little more robust for somebody who is implementing it for the first time."

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for MFA for logging into our Windows RDS environment and a web-based application called Tableau. We are using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

The MFA part is the best. MFA provided most of the security that we were looking at with respect to the second level of authentication. Okta Workforce Identity provides a number of options with respect to multifactor authentication, such as the app, phone call, and text. These options provide different ways of logging in for users, and they were a lot more than what we needed. This is certainly a very good feature of Okta Workforce Identity.

What needs improvement?

They also have single sign-on (SSO). When we bought Okta Workforce Identity a year and a half ago, I was also looking at SSO, but not much documentation was available for SSO. The documentation for SSO should be a little more robust for somebody who is implementing it for the first time.

I have been using Okta Workforce Identity for almost one and a half years.

It is stable. I never faced any issues with its stability.

I have not scaled it much. The company for which we implemented this solution is into data mining or data analytics. They had multiple users. Most of the users were data scientists. I was the only one looking at it in terms of management.

There were a couple of occasions where I needed some support while setting it up for our RDS environment. Their technical support was educated enough with respect to the product. They were able to help us out and resolve the issue pretty quickly. I would say they are good on the support part.

Setting up the MFA for Windows RDS was very straightforward. Using it with Tableau was not very straightforward. It was a bit complex, but the documentation was handy enough to set it up.

I believe it competes well. The pricing is pretty competitive. I know that Microsoft also provides something similar with its MFA and identity services.

What other advice do I have?

It has been sufficient for our needs. I haven't seen any issues, so I would say it is a good product. If there was anything, the users would have complained, but I haven't received any complaints with respect to Okta Workforce Identity from the users.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a nine out of ten.

Okta Workforce Identity
November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Wissam Khashab - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Security Manager at Sara
Provides a very useful single sign-on feature for all our applications

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case is to have a single sign-on and to have identity access management. I'm the team management manager and we are customers of Okta.

What is most valuable?

Having a single sign-on to all our applications.

What needs improvement?

With the device applications, when you are checking the logs, you can't hide the device and that's a feature that's missing. I'd like to see MDM source added.

I have used this solution for a year.

The solution is good on scalability and stability.

The company has very good tehnical support and they respond quickly.

The initial setup wasn't so easy but it wasn't too complex either. We had assistance from Okta for the installation. Implementation didn't take long, maybe two or three days but we had some issues with some applications, and we had to postpone our deployment for about two months because of that. There's no maintenance required. We have about 300 users dealing with the solution in the company and it's used daily. We have no plans to increase usage for now.

I think the approximate cost for the license is somewhere between $20,000-$21,000 a year and that includes everything.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a good solution, I would recommend it.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Private Cloud
ABHILASH TH - PeerSpot reviewer
ABHILASH THManaging Director at FOX DATA
Top 5LeaderboardReseller

Good to read reviews from customers

Managing Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Good product with ease of deployment, ease of use, speed of delivery, and easy integration with other software
  • "The ease of deployment, ease of use, and speed of delivery is what I like about Okta Workforce Identity. It is very easy to use. For a lot of software, you need to be trained extensively and have a very technical background. Okta Workforce Identity is quite simple. You can integrate any software into Okta. They've got a network of 7,000 applications that easily integrate into it."
  • "It would be pricing, which is a tough one because it goes against Microsoft. A lot of companies say they're a Microsoft partner, and they get all their software for free. Okta is like a luxury product, and it's not the most affordable one. I would say if they could work on pricing, it would help. Other than that, they've done great strides in developing a product that is really good. The companies that do see the value tend to invest in it."

What is our primary use case?

It has got a big network of apps that easily integrate into it, making deployments a lot faster than traditional identity platforms. So, the use case will be companies that are looking to be on a cloud journey for cloud adoption strategies. It also suits companies that have on-premise applications and would like to make them web-based, essentially, access them on one portal. Thus, allowing companies to ensure that they can pretty easily manage access to these applications by their users.

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment, ease of use, and speed of delivery is what I like about Okta Workforce Identity.

It is very easy to use. For a lot of software, you need to be trained extensively and have a very technical background. Okta Workforce Identity is quite simple.

You can integrate any software into Okta. They've got a network of 7,000 applications that easily integrate into it.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for the last two years.

They're really great stability-wise. The last year they've had like 99.9% uptime. They're really good for SLAs and things like that.

Scalability is probably one of its best attributes.

They're pretty good. I know they're a big organization, and they have a lot of clients. So, it's a place where they're always looking to improve, but from my side, it's been really good.

It's pretty straightforward. If you need it, you get great support from Okta as well.

They provide a lot of datasheet information and step-by-step ways to deploy the solution. They're doing really well on this front.

For deployment, right now, it's me and one more person. If we need any additional support, we get it locally in South Africa from a distributor who has a technical team skilled in Okta. Whenever I need more support, I go to them or directly to Okta, or the client can pay yearly fees for additional support if they need it.

It could be a bit too pricey for small companies. Okta Workforce Identity can add a lot of benefits, but smaller companies may not have a lot of applications that need to be managed by Okta Workforce Identity. In larger organizations, there are more departments, applications, and users to manage. Okta Workforce Identity adds a bit more value to those bigger organizations.

In addition to standard licensing fees, there are also additional costs for things like additional support and so on.

What other advice do I have?

Okta Workforce Identity can be suitable for smaller companies, whereas Okta Workforce Identity is suitable for a bit bigger companies, but they serve different purposes.

Essentially, Okta Workforce Identity is for medium and large companies. I would say for companies with at least 50 users, but then these companies should really see the value in Okta Workforce Identity. I guess when you start talking about 200 employees upwards, that's where Okta Workforce Identity really starts creating a lot of value.

Okta has recently created a business value assessment. Those who are starting the process and looking into Okta must be open-minded to the value assessment with the Okta team or with the person at the company that is selling the solution to them. Just be patient, see the value, and not be so caught up in thinking that Microsoft is a great product. I think Okta is way better.

I would, a hundred percent, recommend Okta than Microsoft. Essentially, Microsoft wants you to stay within their stack, whereas Okta is neutral. You can integrate any software into Okta or any application, whereas Microsoft takes a bit longer, or they may not support the integration and so forth.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
Esteban Quinones - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager, Identity Management Services at Verisk Analytics
Increased user satisfaction through improved provisioning times and more reliable processes but should have Integration with the user provisioning infrastructure
  • "Enabled MFA to access federated applications as well as increased user satisfaction through improved provisioning times and more reliable processes."
  • "SSO and MFA for improved end-user experience, and protection against password spray attacks, account password self-service."

What is our primary use case?

SSO and MFA: To extend Identity Authentication on the existing IAM identity and account operations to the multiple domains for administrative and help desk personnel. Improve consistency of the identity management processes across the organization and improve compliance with governance mandates.

The access management with Okta revolves around the establishment of a single authentication store (reducing the number of accounts), which will allow the migration of existing applications to federations, or a common identity store. It will also establish a suite of centralized authentication services that can be used for future applications and systems platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

• Enabled MFA to access federated applications as well as increased user satisfaction through improved provisioning times and more reliable processes.
  • Reduced costs associated with paying for AD accounts for customers who use corporate applications (currently 4000+ customer IDs exist within the AD forest – these require a license at a substantial cost to the organization).
  • Increased productivity through centralization of IAM Authentication - Authorization operations to a single tool (ISIM), and better operational resiliency with distributed administration (Common tasks can now be handled by a more diverse set of individuals across the organization.

What is most valuable?

SSO and MFA for improved end-user experience, and protection against password spray attacks, account password self-service. Extend Identity Authentication and authorization management operations. Extend the existing IAM identity and account operations to divisional administrative and help desk personnel. This improves the consistency of the identity management processes across the organization. Obfuscating the AD account infrastructure from the application infrastructure to reduce risk and vulnerabilities associated with tying externally facing applications to corporate accounts.

What needs improvement?

• Passwordless authentication.
    • Integration with the user provisioning infrastructure to track all entitlement changes; simplify the modeling of the role and access definitions at every stage of the user life cycle.
    • Automation of the entire entitlement and role review process, in alignment with business needs and requirements as stated by business leaders and managers.
    • Oversight in the form of dashboards reconciling and centralizing information for immediate insight into the status of access reviews and certification processes.

3 years.

They work really well.

I did not have another access management solution in place prior to implementing.

It was straightforward for access management with SSO and MFA. It was complex to implement password synchronization between AD domains.

We implemented directly with the solutions provider.

We evaluated IBM Access Manager but decided to go with a cloud-based product.

Arun Kumar V - PeerSpot reviewer
    Manager- IT Operations at Yodlee
    Single portal to access and manage applications

What is our primary use case?

Intergated on-prem and cloud applications on multi-tier domains and user identity accessing applications hosted on cross domains. Full fleged automation using AD and Okta groups for app assignment.

Lifecycle Management of apps on our Okta tenant.

How has it helped my organization?

• Central administration of Apps
    • Auto activation of user accounts/ Just-In Time Provisioning
    • Global App availability
    • Less or No Administration required

What is most valuable?

1. Active Directory Sync, as its useful for pre-assigning apps, can also be used for de-provisioning apps for exiting users

2. Shared apps with common password can now be managed centrally without revealing the credentials

3. User and Apps Management

4. Desktop Single Sign On

5. Auto-provisioning

6. Flexibility to integrate In-house applications

7. Password Self Service

8. Support non-domain users

9. Group based app assignment (okta, AD, pushgroup)

10. Adaptive MFA

11. Workflow for app requests

What needs improvement?

Command line access

Reporting

Since 2015

It's very stable we have 99.999% uptime on the base

Very high and secure, we have more than 170+ apps secured for sso

9 out of 10

9 out of 10

Yes, we had previously used a different solution which was replaced by Okta. Non-scalability was the major drawback of our previous solution.

Initial setup is straightforward, simple and easy to manage

Some apps needed assistance from Okta support team.

Setup is simple if you are an AD admin, cost comparison is nominal compared secured access

What other advice do I have?

KB article from Okta is very detailed just spend some time on the okta

Hybrid Cloud

Application Support Leader at a computer software company with 201-500 employees
    Stable sign-on with provisioning and has the ability to enable and disable features
    • "This solution allows us to do the provisioning. Also the most important for us is the ability to enable and disable features to employees as they onboard and offboard."
    • "I don't know if it is possible to make it simpler to use or simpler to understand, but that would be the most important thing to improve."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is a single sign-on software. We apply a menu to everyone in the company with software that they have access to and allowing them to use that as a single point of sign-on for all of their applications.

What is most valuable?

This solution allows us to do the provisioning. Also the most important for us is the ability to enable and disable features for employees as they onboard and offboard.

What needs improvement?

It is a complex solution, and you need a good understanding of how to use it correctly. Otherwise, you can't take full advantage of what it offers and it becomes difficult to use.

In the next release, I would like to see them add other solutions to their suite of products.

I would like to see better integration with other software.

The ability to do the provisioning is a great feature and there is some software where they can sign-on but they can't do the provisioning.

I have been using this solution for two years.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

We are a medium-sized company and we haven't run into any issues.

We have just under one thousand users.

We have contacted the technical support and it has been very good.

We had some issues that involved cross-company problems. Because Okta as a single source sign-on that also integrates with several other products there can be a lot of issues.

Sometimes you need to involve other companies as well.

We had one similar issue and it was resolved nicely. It took some time, but they managed it from a central point easily until it was successfully resolved.

This is the first Single Sign-On solution that we have been using.

The initial setup is simple.

We did not use a vendor or an integrator to implement this solution, we did it ourselves.

Before choosing, we did a proof of concept for both Okta and OneLogin and we like the way Okta integrated.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution.

I think that people have to first do a good mapping of how their use case needs to be installed so that they can do it as easily as possible.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Very good one-factor authentication, good integration capabilities, and very good stability
    • "The most valuable aspects of the solution are the integration with external websites one-factor authentication."
    • "The solution lacks an on-premises deployment model so it can't offer a hybrid solution. It would be ideal if clients had options that weren't just cloud-based."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to access cloud solutions and VDI

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspects of the solution are the integration with external websites one-factor authentication.

What needs improvement?

I've been familiar with the solution for two years.

The stability of the solution is fine.

I've never contacted technical support. I've only ever used web pages to assist me with questions, and that has been enough.

We previously used Workspace One Access Solutions from VMware. In fact, we're using it as well as Okta, so we never really switched.

The initial setup is almost completely straightforward. The identity action is complex, so it makes it just a bit difficult.

Customers should use an integrator to help assist in the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is very good. Okta is, in my opinion, one of the leaders at the moment on the Polish market. However, there is some limited usability because of the requirements.

We use the cloud deployment model.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Founder & Sr Managing Director at a tech services company with self employed
    The Multi-Factor Authentication capability lets you address one of the biggest challenges around security, to make it hard for adversaries to get into your systems.

What is our primary use case?

• Supporting SaaS implementations from corporate login.
    • I'm a consultant and have worked with Okta at two clients. Both had started to leverage Okta for single sign-on to SaaS services and internal systems. One was more advanced, the other was only doing limited federation and not taking advantage of the power of Okta.

How has it helped my organization?

Okta improved both organizations where I've worked with it:

• Better Single Sign-On (reducing the number of passwords)
    • Improved accountability (to know what users were doing, and where they were working on Identity and authentication services)
    • Authentication (where Okta's own MFA solutions or work in combination with Duo were very useful for strengthening the security of major systems)

What is most valuable?

Okta's great for their federation capabilities where it lets the IT team enable business with anyone using common federation features across SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and internal applications. The Multi-Factor Authentication capability lets you address one of the biggest challenges around security - MFA to make it hard for adversaries to get into your systems.

What needs improvement?

Better multi-factor authentication integration and support, it's around v2.0 and will need a 3.0 release for maturity.

Marc Johannes - PeerSpot reviewer
    Service Desk Administrator at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    It made things a lot easier, especially with passwords
    • "It made things a lot easier, especially with passwords."
    • "On the admin side, we can create our own passwords instead of generating one, which is usually difficult to explain to a user."

What is our primary use case?

We use it as an SSO hub for applications to be added/removed from users' profiles and troubleshooting, as well as an active directory.

I work at a service desk providing IT support to PayU international and Naspers.

How has it helped my organization?

It made things a lot easier, especially with passwords. You have one password that you have to remember, not a thousand for each application that you use for work.

What is most valuable?

We can have all our applications in one central base where you can log into it and access it without having to enter your password for each application. This is because it saves your credentials and updates them accordingly.

What needs improvement?

On the admin side, we can create our own passwords instead of generating one, which is usually difficult to explain to a user. Otherwise, the application is pretty awesome.

Jaskeerat Singh - PeerSpot reviewer
    Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Provides a wide range of MFA options, my preference being Okta Verify

What is our primary use case?

We used this solution for provisioning more than one and a half LAC users and integrating more than 300 applications. SSO and MFA has been implemented on almost all applications. MFA options used: RSA token, Okta Verify, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

Integrating more than 300 applications is quite tough. With the help of Okta and its outstanding user friendly UI, things went fairly easily.

What is most valuable?

• The ease of JIT provisioning.
    • Wide range of MFA options. I prefer "Okta Verify" out of them all.
    • Last, but not least, the ease of writing rules.

What needs improvement?

RESTful Web Service calls and their response seem a bit slow.

Application Support Engineer at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
    Effective integration tool, makes provisioning and deprovisioning management easy
    • "Other than Okta being an easy and awesome integration tool, one of the best features it has is the provisioning and deprovisioning, which makes management way easier. You don't need to be too technical to understand how it works."

What is our primary use case?

Okta is not just an identity provider (IdP) since, with the help of SAML, it can also be a service provider (SP), which then allows it to integrate with a different identity provider. In other words, it provides SSO. In my organization, we use Okta as a centralized solution for our multiple platforms. With just one login users are able to access any associated platforms without having to log in multiple times.

How has it helped my organization?

All our logins work seamlessly without having to log in multiple times. With multiple applications, you tend to forget your credentials for some of the applications. Some applications have different password policies. With Okta, all of these is centralized. You only need one password, one setup, one policy and one login.

What is most valuable?

They also have a good knowledge base that helps end-user to self-serve.

What needs improvement?

Maybe the interface could use some work but, for the most part, the tool is pretty cool.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Okta 10 out of 10 for being an awesome IdP. The API alone is amazing, not to mention the features and integration they have. Compare to other IdPs, Okta uses a dashboard that displays all the associated/linked services, which is really helpful when you have multiple services. It's really an easy tool and their support is great.

it_user877146 - PeerSpot reviewer
      Sr. Systems Engineer at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
      Enables us to automate provisioning and deprovisioning of accounts
      • "The feature that is most valuable to me is the automated user provisioning that we set up using Okta as a major part of that process."
      • "We still had to write several internal programs/scripts to complete the user-provisioning process. Okta does not have the ability to provision mailbox accounts for on-premise Exchange or in a hybrid O365 environment. The Group Push function from Okta to AD did not work reliably in our environment."

What is our primary use case?

We use Okta primarily for user-provisioning and as an SSO portal for access to our applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization has a fairly high turnover rate so having an automated process for provisioning and de-provisioning of accounts saves a lot of time from an administration perspective.

What is most valuable?

The feature that is most valuable to me is the automated user provisioning that we set up using Okta as a major part of that process. We put the process in to save time and increase accuracy in the user-provisioning process. Most everything is driven from our HR system thereby limiting manual input and duplication of work when provisioning accounts. Accounts are disabled as soon as the account is terminated in the HR system.

Three to five years.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of rating Okta, it is always hard for me to say, as I have not used any other product to perform the functions we use Okta for, so I really don’t have a comparison. There are some things that Okta does very well – SSO being one of those so for that part I would rate it as a nine or 10 out of 10. For the provisioning part, we did have several issues that we have to work through, so for that aspect, I would rate it somewhere around a six to eight out of 10.

Information Security Design Engineer at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
      Provides better security posture by using SAML and MFA

What is our primary use case?

• SSO integration with an on-premise Active Directory environment
      • Universal Directory synchronization and leverage UD to integrate with other cloud federated applications
      • O365 SSO integration

How has it helped my organization?

O365 integration, moving away from straight LDAP integrations for applications that reside in the cloud to true SAML functionality. Provides better security posture by using SAML and MFA.

What is most valuable?

• UD
      • SSO functionality
      • MFA and Adaptive MFA functionality
      • Ability to link multiple Directory databases with UD

What needs improvement?

UD attribute mapping, Okta group rules, and dynamic usage could use improvement. More in-depth functionality and features to integrate with RADIUS solutions.

Systems Engineer II at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
      App assignment and SAML integrations are valuable features.

What is most valuable?

• User provisioning
      • User deprovisioning
      • App assignment
      • SAML integrations

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to deploy solutions rapidly and also have a better idea on licensing as we can easily see who has access, who has been accessing and also who is not using an app.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see further integrations with applications and services such as Office 365.

Between my last two jobs, I have used it for about seven years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues whatsoever.

We have not encountered any stability issues; this is a very stable platform.

With over 2500 users, we have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent. We don't have to worry when we have an issue; they are always on top of it.

Technical support is 9/10; very professional and solid.

I have had experience with Ping and ADFS but not at the places I have worked; only with customers.

We do a lot with Okta but the setup was still very easy.

An in-house team implemented it.

We do things much faster and have a much better understanding of utilization and licensing. We are more agile and, therefore, more productive and faster to act.

It's worth the investment. Make sure you fully utilize Okta, even if it takes professional services.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated Ping and ADFS.

Technology Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
      We've used it to integrate our HRIS system with Active Directory/Office 365.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

We've integrated our HRIS system with our Active Directory/Office 365 using Okta. We're able to shift away from Active Directory as a master and allows us to be more mobile with our remote employees. Account creation and disabling people on time has made our team more productive.

What needs improvement?

• A couple of improvements with the lifecycle management that will help companies that don't have an HRIS system to help manage contractors and contingent workers would be to add ways to disable their accounts once a certain time point is designated.
      • Also, an improvement to the reporting capabilities can make running reports easier and more customizable.

I have used it for four years.

We have not encountered any deployment issues. The support team has been amazing.

There was just one small downtime with the DNS attack that affected many cloud companies.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Customer service is excellent.

Techncial support is excellent.

We did not previously use a different solution. Okta was the industry leader.

We implemented it in house with the consulting team.

What other advice do I have?

The Okta application network is a huge component of the company that will grow with the industry. If customers are asking for things, then Okta will consider adding it.

Download our free Okta Workforce Identity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
      Updated: November 2022