IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Okta Workforce Identity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Okta Workforce Identity is #2 ranked solution in top Identity and Access Management as a Service providers, top Access Management tools, and top ZTNA services. PeerSpot users give Okta Workforce Identity an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Okta Workforce Identity is most commonly compared to Google Cloud Identity: Okta Workforce Identity vs Google Cloud Identity. Okta Workforce Identity is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
Okta Workforce Identity Buyer's Guide

Download the Okta Workforce Identity Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Okta Workforce Identity?

Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta, IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on-premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance. Okta is an on-demand identity and access management service for web based applications, both in the cloud and behind the firewall.

Okta Workforce Identity Customers

Box, Groupon, National Geographic, Western Union, DocuSign

Okta Workforce Identity Video

Okta Workforce Identity Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Okta Workforce Identity pricing:
  • "This solution is costly. Pricing is decent if you have less users, but it significantly goes up the more users you have, with its cost not justified."
  • "It could be a bit too pricey for small companies. Okta Workforce Identity can add a lot of benefits, but smaller companies may not have a lot of applications that need to be managed by Okta Workforce Identity. In larger organizations, there are more departments, applications, and users to manage. Okta Workforce Identity adds a bit more value to those bigger organizations. In addition to standard licensing fees, there are also additional costs for things"
  • "Okta has fairly competitive pricing."
  • Okta Workforce Identity Reviews

Samarjeet Tomar - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Solutions Lead at a insurance company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Stable and reliable solution but the application updates are lacking
    • "A solution that's easy to use, stable, and reliable."
    • "Application updates are lacking. Customer support needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We've been using this solution for SSO and consolidation of IDs.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution brought us the SSO perspective, and this is the main reason we're using it.

What is most valuable?

The only thing I like about Okta Workforce Identity compared to other solutions in the market is that it's an easy resource that you can get, even if you're working with many users, but there is a lot to learn about it.

What needs improvement?

There are many things that Okta has to improve on. I understand that Okta has a lot of apps, like any other provider, e.g. Microsoft apps, IDP apps, or cloud identity apps.

The problem with Okta is that they create the app and they never update. In this fast-paced industry where versions keep getting updated, Okta is really slow at times.

None of the Okta applications that they create, for example, in my case: I have used the cloud identity of Microsoft apps and now I'm using the off tabs. What I found is none of the single Okta apps that we have worked and did not create an issue. They are not fully mature. So it's that aspect that can be improved, which Okta is investigating. Their application support and not having updates for those applications also need to be improved. These are the things that surprised me and I was not able to understand from Okta.

Okta's customer support should be improved.

Okta should work with certain providers, e.g. the Google cloud, the AWS cloud, the Microsoft cloud, and they should evaluate the integration point because what happens is if your organization has SSO which relies on Okta, all of these three clouds and the Okta app are far from perfect. You are not able to get the right setup based on how your security is trying to define it vs what the application can support. You'll end up using the default interface Okta provides with those apps.

I understand Okta could say that if they shouldn't worry about it because if AWS wanted to support Okta, then AWS should be the one providing us the app and support, but Okta should try to understand the users, do surveys from the different automation using Okta, and use different apps because those apps are very critical. They are far from perfect, so Okta has the worst implementation.

Okta Workforce Identity
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Okta Workforce Identity. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    621,703 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I've used this solution in the last 12 months. We've been using it for six years.

This solution is stable and reliable. We didn't find the solution itself hard to use.

The scalability of this solution is bad. Scalability has two or three different meanings to it.

Is it scalable from the infrastructure side of it? The answer is yes.

Is this scalable from the business perspective? The answer is no. For example, the B2B and the B2C solutions that others provide, those aspects in Okta are completely lacking.

For example, if I have the Microsoft Azure Active Directory, I have the B2C, B2B, and the phase rate, so I have a way to not only support my enterprise but my end customers in a very fast manner. In the case of Okta, that whole path is a nightmare to work with.

I didn't like Okta's support. They say they have very good support, but the moment you create a ticket, they will tell you that they provide the app, but they cannot provide support because we connected the app to another environment, or to another side of the spectrum. This seemed very odd to me.

First, we are using the application you specified, then you say you cannot support this application just because the value provided is outside of this application, so you cannot troubleshoot or help us to troubleshoot if we open a ticket. Every single time it's a chicken and egg type of situation. From that perspective, Okta's support is horrible.

The setup was straightforward. Nowadays, all the other IDPs are the same way, too. I didn't find a single IDP that had no experience at the level, and all of them can stand up at the same time, within the same time frame.

With Okta, on the other hand, the requirement to have the ID server in between, whether it's the cloud-based ID server specified, or the on-prem base, like ours: It's on-prem, but what I found was that we were not able to do it even after following all the guidance unless we had a dedicated Okta person to help us do it. It was a different situation with Microsoft and cloud IDP which were easy to set up, as we were able to do it ourselves just by following the documentation.

We implemented the solution through an integrator consultant. They are fine. They are doing the job on a daily basis.

This solution is costly.

With Microsoft, you get the exact same information that Okta gives out of the box: free, because that's what Microsoft does, and even if I compare to other cloud IDPs, with Okta, access may offer free access for startups, and if you have fewer users, it's okay. Pricing is decent. The moment you talk about the enterprise level, for example, we were talking about implementing Okta across the US with multiple customers, and the cost they gave us was two million dollars. The cost is not justified for the single assets of this solution, so Okta is bad in those terms.

We've been evaluating Microsoft Azure Active Directory. It's still in the POC phase, and it's been three or four months. We have very particular requirements, e.g. a mix of multiple IDPs with Okta, and Azure Active Directory is one of them, but that is the only one where we don't have the solution. We are trying to do the POCs first to ensure that they are able to meet our needs.

What other advice do I have?

The reports I downloaded were very informative. The things that we were trying to do is generally the One ID and software entitlement. Our customers find them more useful than the Microsoft Azure side of it. They know that the functionality exists and they are able to use that functionality, but the intuitive nature of managing the entitlement was not there. We also had a requirement where we wanted to mix the Okta in between, for the SSO, so I was trying to collect as much information as I can get and that information was helpful.

Whenever you search for the Okta documentation, for example, if we search for cloud IDP and Microsoft-related documentation, it's only on Microsoft's site we get the help we need, including help from the community. Okta's community, when you Google it, is lacking because it only contains help or information about Okta products because Okta users are only able to use the product in a standard way.

This surprised me especially because Okta has such a good name, but the bottom line is, if you ask me as a decision-maker or the one who influences decisions in our organization, if I was going to choose Okta as our SSO provider, my answer will be flat NO.

The initial implementation of this solution took three months. It's a very simple and standard implementation, so that's never been a problem.

A hundred users are currently using this solution in our organization. It doesn't require heavy maintenance.

Working with Okta can be restrictive, and this is where Okta doesn't shine.

This solution is being used extensively in our organization. Increasing its usage will depend on whether they are able to convince the Infotech folks, and that's what's happening.

The advice I would give to others looking into implementing this solution is for them to first try to understand it. They should not confine themselves to selecting Okta, thinking that it's the end solution. They should look at their future needs too because once they implement Okta without considering their future needs, they will have to do a lot of hacks and tricks. Before they even delve into Okta, they have to first think about their future and how much this solution will cost in the long run.

This solution meets the need, but that's all, so I'm rating it a six out of ten.

Managing Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Good product with ease of deployment, ease of use, speed of delivery, and easy integration with other software
    • "The ease of deployment, ease of use, and speed of delivery is what I like about Okta Workforce Identity. It is very easy to use. For a lot of software, you need to be trained extensively and have a very technical background. Okta Workforce Identity is quite simple. You can integrate any software into Okta. They've got a network of 7,000 applications that easily integrate into it."
    • "It would be pricing, which is a tough one because it goes against Microsoft. A lot of companies say they're a Microsoft partner, and they get all their software for free. Okta is like a luxury product, and it's not the most affordable one. I would say if they could work on pricing, it would help. Other than that, they've done great strides in developing a product that is really good. The companies that do see the value tend to invest in it."

What is our primary use case?

It has got a big network of apps that easily integrate into it, making deployments a lot faster than traditional identity platforms. So, the use case will be companies that are looking to be on a cloud journey for cloud adoption strategies. It also suits companies that have on-premise applications and would like to make them web-based, essentially, access them on one portal. Thus, allowing companies to ensure that they can pretty easily manage access to these applications by their users.

What is most valuable?

The ease of deployment, ease of use, and speed of delivery is what I like about Okta Workforce Identity.

It is very easy to use. For a lot of software, you need to be trained extensively and have a very technical background. Okta Workforce Identity is quite simple.

You can integrate any software into Okta. They've got a network of 7,000 applications that easily integrate into it.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for the last two years.

They're really great stability-wise. The last year they've had like 99.9% uptime. They're really good for SLAs and things like that.

Scalability is probably one of its best attributes.

They're pretty good. I know they're a big organization, and they have a lot of clients. So, it's a place where they're always looking to improve, but from my side, it's been really good.

It's pretty straightforward. If you need it, you get great support from Okta as well.

They provide a lot of datasheet information and step-by-step ways to deploy the solution. They're doing really well on this front.

For deployment, right now, it's me and one more person. If we need any additional support, we get it locally in South Africa from a distributor who has a technical team skilled in Okta. Whenever I need more support, I go to them or directly to Okta, or the client can pay yearly fees for additional support if they need it.

In addition to standard licensing fees, there are also additional costs for things like additional support and so on.

What other advice do I have?

Okta Workforce Identity can be suitable for smaller companies, whereas Okta Workforce Identity is suitable for a bit bigger companies, but they serve different purposes.

Essentially, Okta Workforce Identity is for medium and large companies. I would say for companies with at least 50 users, but then these companies should really see the value in Okta Workforce Identity. I guess when you start talking about 200 employees upwards, that's where Okta Workforce Identity really starts creating a lot of value.

Okta has recently created a business value assessment. Those who are starting the process and looking into Okta must be open-minded to the value assessment with the Okta team or with the person at the company that is selling the solution to them. Just be patient, see the value, and not be so caught up in thinking that Microsoft is a great product. I think Okta is way better.

I would, a hundred percent, recommend Okta than Microsoft. Essentially, Microsoft wants you to stay within their stack, whereas Okta is neutral. You can integrate any software into Okta or any application, whereas Microsoft takes a bit longer, or they may not support the integration and so forth.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Okta Workforce Identity
    July 2022
    621,703 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Rama NagaSusarla - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Director - Principal Architect at a computer software company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Is compatible and interoperable, and easy to implement, learn, and scale
    • "One of the features that I have found to be very valuable is its interoperability and compatibility with all types of resources, whether it's networking, infrastructure, or applications. That is, it is compatible as well as interoperable, as far as the federated authentication is concerned."
    • "It's not compatible with on-premises installations, unless you host it as a SaaS. We were not able to do that. For example, imagine a scenario where the cloud is not available. Then, Okta will not work for you. That use case will readily fail because it doesn't have an on-premises installation that you can use to authenticate or provide identity and access management. If you have a purely on-premises solution that is not connected to the internet, then this will not work. This is one area that can be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for API authentication, on-premises clusters as well as cluster access, and cloud cluster access.

How has it helped my organization?

We did not have a unified mechanism for accessing resources or a secure way of accessing resources, and Okta solved that problem for us.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It's not compatible with on-premises installations, unless you host it as a SaaS. We were not able to do that. For example, imagine a scenario where the cloud is not available. Then, Okta will not work for you. That use case will readily fail because it doesn't have an on-premises installation that you can use to authenticate or provide identity and access management. If you have a purely on-premises solution that is not connected to the internet, then this will not work. This is one area that can be improved.

I would also like to see more intelligent analysis of the identity and access management from Okta.

We have been using it for the last seven years.

It is fairly stable. However, because it's a SaaS solution, it needs to have connectivity. If the connectivity is down, then Okta Workforce Identity will be down as well.

This is one of the pluses that Okta has. It's easily scalable, both horizontally and vertically.

Right now, we have about 3,500 users.

There was one minor hiccup with technical support, but other than that, the support has been pretty good. I would give them a nine out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We used ForgeRock, and we switched to Okta mainly because of the flexibility that Okta provides.

ForgeRock requires on-premises maintenance. Because most of our applications are now on the cloud, Okta is more user-friendly in that sense.

A couple of years ago, it was 70/30, 70 being on-premises. That's why ForgeRock was the choice. However, it's flipped now to 30/70, and Okta is more useful.

We still use ForgeRock because you can do an on-premises hosting for ForgeRock. Okta doesn't have that capability.

The initial setup is very straightforward; it's a very simple setup. There are some areas for which you need some skills. If you have an SOP, you can just follow it. I would give it a four out of five.

We have three people assigned to the solution for deployment and maintenance.

We deployed it using an in-house team. The initial setup did not take much time; it took about one to three weeks.

Okta has fairly competitive pricing.

We evaluated some native cloud services, like AWS and Azure before choosing Okta Workforce Identity.

We also looked at IBM ISAM, IBM Security Access Management, and Oracle ISAM, but they're very rigid products. That's why we went for Okta. They don't have any flexibility, and the cost was also very high compared to that for Okta.

What other advice do I have?

If your use case is multi-cloud data centers and hybrid cloud architecture, Okta is a solution to go to. It's fairly easy to implement as well. It has federated identity and access management, and it works very well with any type of identification authentication. However, if you have on-premises data centers where there are connectivity problems, then it would be better to avoid Okta.

I would rate Okta Workforce Identity at eight on a scale from one to ten because I've found it easy to implement and easy to learn. That is, the onboarding or the learning curve is less. It also has federated identity and access management mechanisms, where you can apply the various resources and workloads that you have. Also, it has very good interoperability and compatibility. It can easily scale too.

Sales Executive at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Stable, with good scalability and very little maintenance
    • "The product requires very little maintenance."
    • "The initial setup can be complex at first."

What is our primary use case?

Okta essentially helps us to onboard employees. We do have difficulty onboarding specific employees, as we're a growing company. Okta helps us provision the software as a service applications that we have in our company for the new hires. We do about 5% software as a service application. Once they join the company, it's a simpler process and a quick onboarding process for them.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution helps speed up and simplify the onboarding process for new hires.

What is most valuable?

The onboarding is the solution's most valuable aspect. It helps us save time in terms of creating a password for each of the SaaS applications versus Okta, where you have this one single pane of glass to see who has what application or who needs which application. It also alerts us to if we should provide that application to this person from that department.

They've improved their user interface, which is much better than previous versions.

The solution is very stable.

The product requires very little maintenance.

The pricing is fair.

The scalability is quite good.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to improve its own marketing. It's a great solution, however, most people don't know what it does. It should be first in line for onboarding employees.

The solution should continue to work to improve its interface and make it more user-friendly.

The initial setup can be complex at first.

I've been using the solution for a year and a half or so. It hasn't been that long.

The solution is extremely stable. there are no bugs or glitches. it doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution scales well. It does so very quickly.

We have ten to 16 people on the solution so far.

I've never been in touch with technical support. We are pretty well-versed enough to support ourselves. We do not require their services.

The initial setup, for new users, is a bit difficult. It does get easier with time and practice, however. It's complex in that when you jump into the dashboard and you look at the screen, it's either a mish-mash of information, or, it starts off with a single sign-on, and then you have to look at the other components. They force you to look for the other components within menus. Everything is hidden. It's not clearly defined when you open the dashboard. That's one of the hurdles that we've had when setting everything up. It's just not intuitive and not clear where all the elements are in the menus.

As a SaaS solution, the product does not require very much maintenance at all. Any maintenance is more around governance and administration.

We are an integrator. We help our clients implement the solution.

The solution is designed to be a software as a service, or SaaS. The pricing comes at a moderate cost. It's not the most expensive option on the market.

Their prices are publicly listed on the website. Any additional fees would definitely come into play if you need professional services from Okta themselves.

What other advice do I have?

We're integrators.

The solution is chopped up into modules. You'll sign on to the multifactor authentication and life cycle management components.

We're pretty satisfied with the product. It may be daunting at first, however, once you get the hang of it, it gets easier.

I'd rate the solution at a ten out of ten. It's checked all the boxes for our organization.

Other
    Tom Foale - PeerSpot reviewer
    CTO at Klaatu IT Security Ltd
    Reasonably priced, easy to use, and simple to set up
    • "We find the solution to be stable."
    • "We've not had any problems with Okta."

What is our primary use case?

Workforce is used to both manage our identities with multi-factor authentication for the users and it's also used to handle workflow, so onboarding and offboarding, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

They work well if they're set up properly.

The initial setup is easy. It's also easy to use.

We find the solution to be stable.

The pricing is okay.

There is very little maintenance required.

What needs improvement?

We've not come across anything missing. It's under continual improvement. It is actually very good. We've not had any problems with Okta. I'd have to think hard to find anything that was badly implemented.

The stability is good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable. The performance is good.

The initial setup is pretty easy. It is very simple to set up initially and it takes a couple of hours. The multi-factor authentication is simple too and can be turned on as required. The one that takes the most effort is SAML, which is the integration with the service providers. That's full-service integration and that's because a lot of service providers do it all their own way. You have to work with each of them as they come up.

In terms of how many people you need to maintain the product, it depends on how you do it. We're managing it for a couple of customers, and it's just me. However, what I've done is, I've put an API, used the API, and put a front end on that to make it easy to do the onboarding and offboarding. I don't deal with the day-to-day issues, that's done by the HR department.

The client actually installed it. We helped as well, however, as I said, the client handled most of it.

The pricing seems very reasonable. None of the customers have complained about it.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the most up-to-date version of the solution.

As far as Okta is concerned, it's deployed in the cloud.

They're a complex software provider. They're a software as a service, software provider. They have a training service, they have a university, they have a community, and they also use it for outbound marketing.

We've implemented it for the clients and they're quite happy with it.

We're a reseller and integrator. We sell the service and do the implementation, and we're also a user ourselves.

I'd rate the solution a nine out of ten.

I'd advise new users to make sure that you implement it properly. If you buy the service and don't implement it properly, you'll never get the benefits from it. They need to make sure that you are monitoring the logs as well as that tells you if someone's doing anything they shouldn't be doing.

The journey for us is towards Zero Trust. We start with multi-factor authentication, and good password policies, and think about moving to fully integrated, where you can. That's SAML, their integration protocol, or Open ID. The next step is to think about how to make sure that all services, internal and external, are authenticated. Zero Trust implementation is where the world has to go

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Customer/ Reseller
    Security at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Integrates with everything in some way and makes it very easy to onboard and offboard accounts
    • "Its integration components are most valuable. It integrates with everything in some way. There are some products, such as O365 or AD, with which it completely and 100% integrates. So, you can seamlessly create accounts across the board with some of these products. For some of the products with which it doesn't completely integrate, you can do some kind of interfacing."
    • "The only aspect in which it can be improved is that the interface could be cleaner. I found this even when I was trying to do my certification exam because the certification is hands-on. You find yourself fumbling around a little bit to find simple things. This happens even when you start to get familiar with the product."

What is our primary use case?

I did about six months' worth of work on it. It was more towards getting our lab set up, getting the certification done, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

It makes it very easy to onboard and offboard accounts. When someone quits, one of the hardest things for an admin to do nowadays is figuring out the 37 accounts that this person had and getting rid of all of them. With Okta, it is not that difficult. You can eliminate a lot of that admin time in one shot, which is important on the security aspect of things. If you miss one or two accounts, they can backdoor you.

What is most valuable?

Its integration components are most valuable. It integrates with everything in some way. There are some products, such as O365 or AD, with which it completely and 100% integrates. So, you can seamlessly create accounts across the board with some of these products. For some of the products with which it doesn't completely integrate, you can do some kind of interfacing.

What needs improvement?

The only aspect in which it can be improved is that the interface could be cleaner. I found this even when I was trying to do my certification exam because the certification is hands-on. You find yourself fumbling around a little bit to find simple things. This happens even when you start to get familiar with the product.

Stability-wise, it is pretty rock solid. Its stability also depends on your access to the internet. We didn't see one instance where we felt that we were going to lose access. It is completely or 100% cloud-based.

We've seen Okta scaled to thousands and thousands of endpoints. You would have a couple hundred thousand before you go, "I wonder if that would work". Even then, you can run different instances based on geography, and they would tie in together. So, its scalability should be one of the least important concerns for a company.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to look at the entire spectrum of your web apps as well as your on-prem integrations as you start to plan. If you don't plan it out initially, it gets really hard to fix some of these things at the backend. You should get a good, firm list of all the applications that you would like to integrate with and see which ones integrate seamlessly. From everything that we've read up on, they do a lot in terms of API support. So, for what they don't provide readily or out of the box, they could probably customize an API.

I would rate it a strong eight out of 10. It was the best product that we saw in its space. I didn't do a lot of comparisons on it.

Customer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
    Scalable with good technical support and an easy setup
    • "The solution so far has been very stable."
    • "The solution can be quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

We are using Okta as a service where users can access our services that are maintained in the cloud or on other websites.

What is most valuable?

We like the access the solution provides to our users.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward.

The solution so far has been very stable.

The scalability has been good.

Technical support is helpful.

What needs improvement?

Okta can consider to become also a password vaulting manager. We also didn't find an option to setup access to web services that require second factor authentication. Also it's hard to figure out which license is responsible for which features and how are they correlated.

We've been using the solution since February.

The solution is stable. We did not really have any problems. At least, our internal customers, our employees, did not claim that anything happened with Okta. We haven't heard of bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It seems to be reliable.

It's my understanding that the solution can scale.

At our company, we have about 500 users on the product.

From time to time we add some other applications that are also in Okta, or we try to add new applications by ourselves, based on templates that are in Okta. We are using Okta on a daily basis, let's say. Maybe not for maintenance, however, our users use it.

We had some contact with technical support at the beginning and it was rather good. We are satisfied with the level of support we can get.

The implementation was rather straightforward. It wasn't too complex or difficult. We had some issues, however, they were solved.

Deployment took about a month or so.

We had two people handle the deployment.

We had a session with the reseller, however, we did run a trial a few months earlier. Then, in February, or in December last year, after this trial, we were able to implement it by ourselves.

We pay for the solution on a yearly basis. We recognize it as quite expensive.

We were using a standard license during the trial. We felt that we would get more features. However, there were some misunderstandings with our reseller and the reseller did not know this product very well. Therefore, it was hard at the beginning to get to know which features were covered under which license.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

SuryakantKale - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Technology Officer at Windval Technology Solutions LLC
    Easy to implement and manage, and the cost benefits are valuable
    • "The most valuable features are ease of operation and visibility."
    • "The integration with third-party tools needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Okta is one of the products that we implement for our clients. I am a solution architect and help to design the system.

Most of our clients have a hybrid architecture where they want to use a single sign-on. They have some applications on-premises, whereas others are on the public cloud. This means that they have a two-tier or three-tier architecture.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients are happy because prior to implementation, they had a very distributed architecture. Okta has allowed them to consolidate with respect to identity management, which increases their operational efficiency.

This product has the features that every customer is looking for.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of operation and visibility.

This product is easy to deploy and easy to manage.

There are cost benefits to using this solution.

What needs improvement?

The integration with third-party tools needs to be improved. Mainly, the open-source APIs for Splunk would be helpful, as that is where they aggregate most of the data. If this process can be streamlined then it will definitely help.

I have been working with Okta for the past three years.

This is a stable product.

This solution is scalable. Our clients are large, Fortune 500 businesses.

Okta has very good support and I would score them high, at nine out of ten. I am definitely happy with them.

Prior to working with Okta, our clients had native solutions.

The initial setup is straightforward.

We currently have one customer deployed on AWS and another on Azure.

I am the solution architect and our in-house team does the implementation.

As part of the process, our clients did a couple of POCs. Symantec was one of them, Okta was another, and there was a third product that they evaluated. During this process, they had success criteria defined, and Okta did well with most of it.

The metrics included the operation and cost benefits, the business value, and the support.

What other advice do I have?

Every customer has a different need and a different requirement. For anybody who is considering this product, I think they should do a pilot POC to make sure that it works well in their environment.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Download our free Okta Workforce Identity Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022