IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Netskope CASB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Netskope CASB is #3 ranked solution in CASB solutions and #4 ranked solution in top Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) tools. PeerSpot users give Netskope CASB an average rating of 8 out of 10. Netskope CASB is most commonly compared to Zscaler Internet Access: Netskope CASB vs Zscaler Internet Access. Netskope CASB is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
Netskope CASB Buyer's Guide

Download the Netskope CASB Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Netskope CASB?
Netskope™ is the leading cloud access security broker (CASB). Only the Netskope Active PlatformTM provides discovery, deep visibility, and granular control of sanctioned and unsanctioned cloud apps. With Netskope, IT can direct usage, protect sensitive data, and ensure compliance in real-time, on any device, including native apps on mobile devices and whether on-premises or remote, and with the broadest range of deployment options in the market. With Netskope, businesses can move fast, with confidence.

Netskope CASB was previously known as Netskope.

Netskope CASB Customers
NetApp, Genomic Health, Caterpillar, Apollo, Pandora, Continental Resources, Fractal, infinera, Tesla
Netskope CASB Video

Archived Netskope CASB Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Security Manager (Regional) at Noble Grp
A stable and wholly comprehensive security portfolio solution
  • "It's a comprehensive security portfolio solution."
  • "Compatibility with other proxy polars would be helpful."

What is our primary use case?

We use Netskope as a comprehensive security portfolio solution. It covers the CASB CSP. We have 300 end users in our company for this solution. We're customers of Netskope and I'm the regional IT security manager.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features of the solution are the KSP CASB and the DLP because we're not using the proxy or the web gateway.

What needs improvement?

When we first deployed the solution we encountered some minor compatibility issues with another proxy polar, Bitscaler. It would play up and sometimes we'd get a blue screen. It was rare and the only issue we encountered with Netskope. I would really like to see an improvement in compatibility with other platforms as it relates to issues as mentioned above. It would help to get rid of minor bugs and glitches.

I've been using this solution for one and a half years.
Netskope CASB
June 2022
Learn what your peers think about Netskope CASB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a stable solution.

The solution is not very scalable. Each time we need to get a new user on board to Netskope, we need to send the invitation from the portal. We need to have tools by SCCM or perhaps there's another window administration tool that I'm not aware of because I'm not the one deploying Netskope. It's still manageable in terms of getting a  new user onboard but could be easier.

The technical support is good but we pay for extended support and of course that's helpful.

The initial setup is very easy and user friendly. You can set the profile database to see the scoring or the weighting of the security as it applies to Yahoo mail, Gmail, and Facebook, for example. Deployment time varies because we need to customize the policy for our to each cient. Deployment will probably average about a week.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

MasahiroMiura - PeerSpot reviewer
General Manager at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Enables us to enforce the company security policies
  • "Technical support is good. They are very helpful and quick to resolve any issues we have."
  • "I would like to have an identity theft protection function."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is to check our multiple cloud services and to maintain security for employees.

How has it helped my organization?

Before Netskope we couldn't see which employee what using our service but now, we can easily see which cloud service an employee is using.

What is most valuable?

The ability to enforce the company security policies for our employees is its most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have an identity theft protection function.

Stability is very good.

Scalability is good. We have around 300 employees using this solution and we do have plans to increase the usage in the future.

The initial setup was straightforward. It's not easy, but it is straightforward.

Licensing is very good. Pricing is a little expensive but it is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

It's very important to show your employees that they are protected by a good security solution. You need a solution like this, in my opinion.

I would rate it a ten out of ten.

Netskope CASB
June 2022
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Senior Vice President - Enterprise Architecture and Information Security at Stearns Lending
I like the tenant identification feature for cloud storage services

What is our primary use case?

CASB: allows selective cloud service access, e.g., it allows our O365 tenant but prevents upload to other tenants.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows the use of cloud since we can control risks vs. just blocking access.

What is most valuable?

Tenant identification for cloud storage services.

What needs improvement?

Better debugging tools to identify operational concerns, e.g., "Netskope is slow", and the only way to prove it's not is to disable it — no data on time taken for different hops.

Three to five years.
it_user386703 - PeerSpot reviewer
Chief Security Officer with 501-1,000 employees
The most valuable feature for us is the 360-degree visibility it provides for our cloud applications.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is the 360-degree visibility it provides. Now I have the ability to see what’s coming and going in the organization from a cloud application perspective. I had no visibility into that whatsoever and with this now I can see what’s coming, what’s going. The ability to see our apps compare multiple apps that are the same time, for example, like Box and Dropbox, I can actually compare them to see which is a better fit. I can see uptimes and I can assess risk to them based on things that are important to us and not just the industry.

It’s very adjustable to the things that I want, which might be different than the things that you want and different than things that other companies want. For us being a company that deals with patient data, you can imagine that it's really important to us that we have a company that’s got, for example, a SOX certification. If you are a company that doesn’t view all that kind of sensitive data, you don’t really care. In just seconds I can go on to Netskope and see exactly what the situation is.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us visibility. When we saw how many applications that we had, there was a huge gap between what we thought we had and what we were actually using.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to have slider bars that allow you to adjust the tool to your risk appetite. For example, we're able to adjust the bar to select the five "must have" vendors so that they're accessible based on the stock report as "must haves". I'd like this functionality to allow us to adjust the products based on our standard contract language. For example, we use Salesforce and we use Box.com, and it would be great if I can go on there and say, Salesforce or Box we have a negotiated uptime of 99.5%. That way when their tool sees that Box is not available for whatever reason and it’s not on us, it can send us a flag saying, “Over this last quarter we’ve recorded Box not being available two percent of the time, which has dropped their availability below the 99.5% threshold that you’ve configured, and therefore you might want to reach out to that.” That would be fantastic.

One of the things that we are starting to do more and more of is have direct connection to our vendors through our data centers. I’m not exactly sure how they integrate when that happens. This is just an open question, there is no answer, there is no right or wrong here. It’s something that I’m interested in knowing.

I would say the other piece that I would like is reporting. In the past, I’ve been able to compare multiple vendors, so I could compare Dropbox to Box to Office365 storage. I haven’t been able to export that data out of the tool in the same way that I view it in the portal. The business units that are coming and saying “Hey, we are looking at a whatever tool and these are the three products that we are looking at, can you give me a report of them?” It’s this process of sort of explosion. We didn’t expect to find the tool useful in this particular area, but we’re seeing this a lot. When I show them what I can do on the screen, they love it, but when I go to print it looks different. That’s something I’d really to see change.

I've been using it for two years now.

It's been 100% stable. We’ve never had a glitch with it.

I don’t have a good answer for you beyond what we have set up. We have a major office in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have an office in Geneva and we have some other data centers scattered throughout the world, some smaller offices. We are able to cover them with really no issues whatsoever. I have zero concerns that this product is not going to meet our needs as we continue to grow.

They've been both knowledgeable and proactive, and that's why we bought Netskope. I really like the fact that I can pick up the phone and call Netskope and get someone on the line that’s going to have an interest in my issue.

We were not using anything before. We recognized that the whole cloud space and cloud applications was a major hole which we assumed was a massive vulnerability for us, and sure enough it was. I mean there was hundreds of applications we didn’t even know the company was using. We identified this as a big blind spot and we were able remediate it.

We did everything in-house and it was really smooth and simple. We didn’t do blocking right away. We turned it on just to gather intelligence about the organization. Who is using what? How are they using it? Then we gradually moved into blocking or coaching or diverting, etc.

What other advice do I have?

Do not be surprised by the results. Do not jump off the cliff when you get that first report because I haven’t talked to anybody that’s deployed this product or even a similar competitive product that was not surprised by the result.

Do not try and eat the cow in one bite. Take it slow and steady because if you try and turn it on and immediately it impacts the end user, you’re probably not going to be successful. There is a little bit of a learning curve and you could block everything. If you try to drink from the fire hose, you just can’t do it.

Give yourself some time as you buy it and deploy it to get acclimated to it. Do take baby steps and I think that you’ll find that you’ll actually get the implementation done quicker doing that than if you try to just turn it on.

it_user383694 - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Security Architect at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
It gives us a very broad look at SaaS governance -- risk, redundancy and cost.

What is most valuable?

It gives us a very broad look at SaaS governance. It doesn’t focus only on security risk, it also brings in the vast assets of managing SaaS and it addresses redundancies in the SaaS that we have paid for.

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us a view into risk, redundancy and cost, just to build on what I said previously. It helps us minimize risk in SaaS, and helps us minimize redundancy in SaaS and cost itself.

What needs improvement?

I would like for the product to have very clear visibility with regards to what SaaS is being used actively versus what SaaS is being accessed from a passive user.

I've used it for about one year.

We haven't encountered any issues with deployment.

It's been very stable.

We are working on scaling right now. I don’t foresee any issues.

To their credit, we haven’t needed to activate technical support from a troubleshooting perspective much. Otherwise, they have been very proactive in regards to reaching out to us with new features and capabilities.

Security risks were the main drivers to choosing this product.

It’s very straightforward. It was very administrative, but it wasn’t that extensive.

It was done in-house, but they did have people working with us in case we needed assistance.

We evaluated the entire ecosystem of products at that time. Netskope met the majority of our needs at that time as well as now, which means it's still the leading product.

What other advice do I have?

This solution should be recognized as a very important tool that gets your organization to a certain vision or a certain outcome. If the organization wants to have a very clear picture on redundancies and costs, and to map all its enterprise capabilities to verified SaaS vendors, then this tool can do both proactive policing as well as passive.

Download our free Netskope CASB Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: June 2022