We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Lync Online [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Lync Online [EOL]?

Lync Online is a communications application that delivers multiple channels for receiving,sending, and sharing data from one individual or group to another. Instant messaging, web conferencing, and screen sharing are a few of the communication methods used within this service. Based on a cloud commuting system, Lync Online can connect members of a team with one another in a reliable and engaging way. It is part of the umbrella system called Office 365, which also houses SharePoint online, Exchange email, and Microsoft Office Online products.

Some of the important features of the Lync Online service include:

- IM service with multiple connection capabilities. -This allows the connection to be clearer, faster, and more readily available when the customer wants to communicate.

- Video conference calling for one-on-one communications or larger, group meetings.- Audio conferencing is also available for customers who need this simpler function. Web conferencing is another possibility for group members who enjoy annotation, note taking, and other convenient in-meeting tools.

- Peer to peer file transfers.- This makes for a more efficient sharing system as no email uploading or downloading is required.

Download the Virtual Meetings Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Lync Online [EOL] Customers

Adventist Health System,Cargill, and Sungard.

Lync Online [EOL] Video

Archived Lync Online [EOL] Reviews (more than two years old)

Regional IT at a maritime company with 501-1,000 employees
Sometimes when connecting to video conferencing on 3G/4G networks we have issues. Overall a good solution.

Valuable Features:

Virtual meetings with overseas colleagues with ease.    Ability to share presentations over Lync with clients and other colleagues.    Anywhere access to the IM, Presence.

Improvements to My Organization:

Standardization through one single communication platform and link up with the VoIP telephone systems.

Room for Improvement:

Use of Solution:

Since 2012

Initial Setup:

Valuable Features:

Virtual meetings with overseas colleagues with ease.

Ability to share presentations over Lync with clients and other colleagues.

Anywhere access to the IM, Presence.

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

Use of Solution:

Since 2012

Initial Setup:

The business adopted the Lync as a standard communication across the group once they saw the ease of using it as well as the benefits. It took us a couple of weeks to get the external clients to connect to our Lync Gateway for presentations because of their firewall configuration.

Implementation Team:

In-house IT Team. Good teamwork within the team across the region despite the time differences.

Other Solutions Considered:

Skype.

Other Advice:

We hope that Lync will keep up the good work for the new additions and improvement.

Technology Consultant at a tech consulting company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Lync Online for Enterprise Solutions

What is most valuable?

IM, Presence and EV

How has it helped my organization?

Anywhere access to the IM, Presence and EV. No worries of maintenance and monitoring.

What needs improvement?

More vendors for EV

3+ Years

Not really

Sometime when connecting to video conferencing on public Wi-Fi networks.

Sometime when connecting to video conferencing on Ppublic Wi-Fi networks.

Customer Service: Super GreatTechnical Support: Best in the Industry

Availability,…

What is most valuable?

IM, Presence and EV

How has it helped my organization?

What needs improvement?

More vendors for EV

3+ Years

Not really

Sometime when connecting to video conferencing on public Wi-Fi networks.

Sometime when connecting to video conferencing on Ppublic Wi-Fi networks.

Customer Service: Super GreatTechnical Support: Best in the Industry

Availability, Scalability, Easy Integration with other Applications.

Integration with domain and application

In House

Lots of savings

A few thousand US dollars.

What other advice do I have?

Keep adding and updating the new features.
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Cisco, TeamViewer and others in Virtual Meetings. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Manager of Infrastructure at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Pro: Comes with most office online plans
Pros: No hassle set up and provisioning, auto save all conversations, great internal messaging. Cons: With the lose of Lync to phone provider Jajah the dream of Zero config enterprise voice is gone , Limited cross platform calling (lync to msn based skype accounts only)

Pros:

Cons:

Product Categories
Virtual Meetings
Download our free Virtual Meetings Report and find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Cisco, TeamViewer, and more!