IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is #1 ranked solution in top Production Planning tools, #2 ranked solution in top Demand Management tools, #3 ranked solution in top Activity Based Costing Software, and #6 ranked solution in top ERP tools. PeerSpot users give JD Edwards EnterpriseOne an average rating of 8 out of 10. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is most commonly compared to JD Edwards World: JD Edwards EnterpriseOne vs JD Edwards World. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Buyer's Guide

Download the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne?
Oracle's JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an integrated applications suite of comprehensive enterprise resource planning software that combines business value, standards-based technology, and deep industry experience into a business solution with a low total cost of ownership. EnterpriseOne is the first ERP solution to run all applications on Apple iPad. JD Edwards EnterpriseOne also delivers mobile applications.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Customers
TechNova Imaging Systems (P) Ltd, Jordan Petroleum Refinery, Hosun Universal Co. Ltd., Grupo Corporativo Papelera SA de CV, Label Technology Inc., Uniwax S.A., Al Jaber Group, SOMAR Corporation, SICIM S.p.A.,
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Video

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Pricing Advice

What users are saying about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne pricing:
  • "In terms of price, it is not on the high end."
  • "The licensing is for mid-market businesses, where it is cheaper than Oracle Cloud, EBS, or SAP."
  • "It depends on the number of users and the modules that you want to buy. It is licensed on a perpetual license basis. You buy the license costs upfront, and then there is maintenance for support that you pay every year, which is typically about 20%."
  • "The solution is really expensive."
  • JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Reviews

JDE E1 Technical - Senior Consultant at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Offers a variety of features, easy to use and understand, reasonably priced, and has responsive technical support.
    • "The 1V reporting is straightforward and simple to use. Creating 1V reports does not require any technical knowledge."
    • "The implementation procedure could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

My role for this product, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, is as a technical developer. I use almost all of the technical tools, including JDeveloper, which is a tool that we use for development, specifically web services development using Java programming. At the moment, JDeveloper is a product within Oracle that is integrated with our JD Edwards EnterpriseOne product for developing business services. We all use JD Edwards EnterpriseOnes' core technical products, including the Universal Batch Engine, which we use for report development. Another tool is used for interactive application development. And the name-giving tools and business functions that we create based on the needs. So those are the types of business functions that we create with JD name-giving tool programming, and you can see the functions that we use in C+, C++ for Java, and JD Edwards name-giving tool programming languages. When it comes to databases, I have experience in both executing and writing SQL.

What is most valuable?

I like all of the progress Oracle has made with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. They have introduced a new tool, Orchestrator, in the most recent version or the most recent separated version of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. It is a replica or a replacement for the development of business services, in my opinion. We use the Orchestrator tool to develop the orchestration processes, which we then use for data migration from the Legacy system to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, and vice versa if you're using that tool. I like the terminologist, which I would say is a must-have feature that was missing when I was using OneWorld. Prior to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, there was OneWorld, and there were no requesting tokens, holding tokens, or resuming the object for myself. Unless I give them permission, no one else can check it out and start working on it to write code. As a result, that is an enhancement to the OneWorld in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. I have worked with various types of objects. I have worked with almost all types of objects. I was given an excellent opportunity to work on a wide range of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne objects. The 1V reporting is straightforward and simple to use. Creating 1V reports does not require any technical knowledge. This is quite interesting, and I know how to work on it; it is not a part of improvement, and I am aware of it. Aside from that, I haven't worked on any JD Edwards EnterpriseOne E1 pages. I'm really looking forward to some opportunities to get some work done on it so that I can learn JD Edwards EnterpriseOne E1 pages and gain some experience. They have all of the good models, such as finance, supply chain, recruitment, HRMS, accounts receivable, and payable. Despite the fact that it is an old technology, we still have good projects and good work. It's an excellent technological product that any client should consider.

What needs improvement?

Oracle has introduced Orchestrator as a new technical tool in the most recent upgraded version. I didn't get much experience working on this Orchestrator, but I did watch some tutorials and do some exercises on my own. And, to be honest, I don't have such an environment for orchestration development. That is something I need to look into, study, and have peace of mind about. Aside from that, there are some technical tools introduced by Oracle that I have not worked on. I have a lot of 1V reporting. 1V reporting is a type of interactive reporting tool that Oracle has introduced in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. In a nutshell, Orchestrator is the primary technical tool on which I would like to focus my efforts. The tools we use for data transformation from Legacy to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are inbound and outbound from JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Most of us as technical people believe that the suite processors or EDI processors introduced by JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and Oracle are more reliable when compared to the most advanced tools for business development orchestration, such as JDeveloper. Because the objective of using it is the same, it's for data transformation. We believe that the older features or tools provided by Oracle are more reliable than the new ones. If you ask me, I would prefer to stick with the older tools that we use for data transformation because they are more reliable. The implementation phase is critical. If that is done correctly, it will be a 10 out of 10.That is a very important part, as it is the first stage when you buy this product. If the product has been successfully implemented, you will receive a score of 10 out of 10. The implementation procedure could be simplified. Then there's customization, product customization, as well as customization for your business environment. That can be counted separately, not all at once.

I have been working with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for more than ten years. We are using the latest version. We have not deployed it using the cloud, because the project that I have been working with does not yet use the cloud.
    JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
    June 2022
    Learn what your peers think about JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2022.
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is a stable, and reliable product.

My current project is a US project, and I can tell you that we have a team of about 250 people. 250 people, but not all of them in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. We have nearly 50 people in different teams at JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. There are many more in this project. I'm not sure if there are any other projects that are using this product. But there are several projects, but I'm only going to tell you about my current project. JD EnterpriseOne's product is simple to use and understand. When it comes to ERP technology, there are many models, all of them, that have been widely used in the United States, first and foremost, and it is developed are with the needs of the US clients in mind.

Oracle does offer technical support. They do provide technical assistance. Oracle is a company that offers technical support. We do obtain licenses from Oracle. For example, I work for a client who provides us with access to Oracle support and licenses. And whenever we get stuck somewhere, whether it's a problem with a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne product, a technical problem, a functional problem, or anything else, we just write a query on the Oracle support portal. There is an Oracle support portal where we can submit our questions, and they respond within two to three working days. We've been writing them, our queries, directly to Oracle support, and they do respond, and they respond as quickly as they can.

I was not involved in the deployment process. I do work on product development. I'm the head of JDeveloper. Deployment of the product is handled by a different department known as the CNC department. CNC consultants are more aware of it.  We have separate teams, for the product deployment.  There are some maintenance activities that our CNC team has been doing for a long time. I'll give you an example, of maintenance activities. The client may be using a specific product version, and there may be some ESUs or stars, which we, or a CNC consultant, may apply to that product upon function approval. Those ESUs will sort when there is consolidation or when there is a package that includes some of the additional functionality for any particular object that is not present in the version that the client has been using. In that case, we identify the ESUs and stars to which we must apply in specific objects. Accordingly, we accept those functions and approvals. We, as technical personnel, reviewed them, the code that ESU and the stars requested, and upon function approval, the CMC consultants applied on those objects, the list of objects wherever it is required. This is the type of maintenance that CNC workers perform on a regular basis.

In terms of price, it is not on the high end. When compared to the SAP product, it is significantly less expensive. If you buy the product and then get support from Oracle directly, they will charge you. It is conditional. If you buy some additional licenses from them to use products, I believe they will give you access to that when you buy a product. That is present, of course, but if you require something additional from them, an addition to the product, there are some sub-products there you will require in the future, so they will charge for that or any valid services for some years or some time period, but those charges are also very minimal.

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is my company's partner, and JD is an Oracle product. It's a partner to my company, and it's a client partner, but they have a license to a product version, and they also have Oracle support. There is an Oracle support portal; we ask a question, the client asks a question, and the client asks another question. We have had discussions with Oracle about this product. If you purchase this product, you will receive Oracle support for the initial days. When you buy JD Edwards products, the first step that you will need is JD Edwards implementation. For each model that you purchase, you will require the services of some functional experts. When you purchase it as a product, you will be purchasing some models from them. You will require a financial model as well as supply chain models. For each model, you will undoubtedly require supply chain, finance, and consulting. They will be responsible for the product's implementation. I would definitely recommend this solution because I have had a great experience working with this product as a developer. I would rate JD Edwards EnterpriseOne an eight out of ten.

Maggie Van Wyk - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Financial and Operating Officer at Aicrem Square
    User-friendly, flexible and easy to customize, and offers good support for different industries
    • "The most valuable feature is the user experience, where you can create your own queries, it sends you alerts, and it's very flexible."
    • "I would like to see the HR features enhanced with respect to localization for South Africa and other countries."

What is our primary use case?

We are a consultancy and we use this solution to provide services for our customers.

Over time, I have used JD Edwards for a variety of use cases. One of the very recent ones was converting from strong discrete costing to actual costing in a manufacturing setting. Some other examples are capital asset management and AP automation.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very user-friendly. As long as you apply logic, it is easy to do the technical stuff. It is structured well so you don't always have to depend on technical people to do things like create reports.

It has the latest features in terms of embedded mobility and orchestration.

The integration with other products is easy to do.

Customization is easy to do, as long as you stick to their rules. It can be customized in a cloud-based deployment, as well.

There are tools in place that allow users to update the system themselves, without any technical support.

Support for developers is easy because they have their own toolset. They have options for using SQL, RPG, and different languages, depending on the hardware that you're using.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see the HR features enhanced with respect to localization for South Africa and other countries. They have perhaps 12 localizations but I think that for countries like South Africa, where the payroll system is unique, they should start investing more heavily.

I would like to see more training documentation, or alternatively, training that you can do without having to go offsite. Unfortunately, when training with Oracle, it is quite expensive. Also, the instructors come from India and the dialect is very difficult for people from South Africa to understand. Consequently, a lot of people feel that it's a waste. It could have been very good but they didn't understand what the trainer was saying. This is a big thing that I would like to see more with. The documentation that they have is good, but it's very expensive so people would rather not buy it.

I have been working with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for about 20 years, since 2000. Prior to that, I had been using JD Edwards World since 1991.

EnterpriseOne is used on a daily basis and the actual solution is very stable, whether deployed on-premises in on the cloud. Stability will depend on who did the setup, as with any system. When you try to take short cuts then you end up short anyway.

It is absolutely easy to scale this product. We have about ten users in the company.

I have a little bit of experience with similar products from several vendors, including Microsoft Dynamics and SAP. I have found that the user experience is much nicer within JD Edwards, compared to anything else that I have seen. It is not rigid and allows you to change or customize things within the framework that is provided.

NetSuite is a little bit cheaper than JD Edwards, although they are catering more to smaller enterprises rather than medium-sized organizations. They compromise certain functionality or applications. A lot of the applications out there are good for startups, but the moment that you start diversifying, you have to start looking either at add-ons or re-implementing different ERPs. The trend lately is not to just replace everything. Rather, have additional or complementary products that suit your needs

With JD Edwards, it is a fully integrated system so you can run just certain modules, but it's optimized if you use the full ERP system. For example, if you need procurement, work orders, and financials, then there is a benefit to moving everything into one system.

Provided you understand the framework, it is quite easy to install and set up. After this, it is easy to maintain and manage. The length of time required for deployment depends on whether you have a proper blueprint because all of the processes are embedded. With all of the blueprints available, for a new installation, it can take between six and nine months.

The deployment will also depend on the state of your data. It may already be clean, or it maybe needs to be pre-processed before migrating. I would say that every situation is unique. You can do the majority of the setup offsite, just by getting all of the business processes in advance. Then, when you start UAT and other testing, you go onsite and go live. It's not that complex. I came from a financial background and moved into the IT sphere, which was not that difficult to do.

The maintenance is done with our in-house team. Normally, you have one person for every module. However, on the technical side, you only need one person because everything has been automated and is orchestrated to do a lot of the work for you. It just pops out some reports and alerts as it monitors the system for you.

In some cases, we used assistance from the vendor during the implementation, although we have also deployed it ourselves. These days, a lot of the migration, upgrades, or updates are done internally.

When it comes to supporting our customers, we are able to do functionality support because we've got in-house business analysts who do the actual applications.

The licensing is for mid-market businesses, where it is cheaper than Oracle Cloud, EBS, or SAP. It is very much on part with Dynamics, although Dynamics can become quite pricey in the end.

The cost of licensing depends on the modules that are being used. It varies because some of them are user-based, whereas others are employee-based.

There is a lite license and a normal license. People who use it full time, like in procurement or for someone doing purchase orders, use a normal license. On the other hand, when you get people that only do approvals, for instance, then they can get a lite license and it's a little bit cheaper.

What other advice do I have?

Most of my experience is with on-premises deployments, although I have also worked in an environment where we hosted it on the cloud. If you have a cloud-based deployment then it's managed and maintained by the vendor, although you can still have your own customizations that are unique to the business.

The vendor continuously improves this product, basing their changes according to the feedback provided by customers. At this point in time, it is difficult to asks for specific features because they're very compatible with any other system in the market.

They are very strong in the manufacturing, construction, and engineering industries.

My advice for anybody who is implementing JD Edwards is to make sure that all of your processes are stabilized and standardized. Follow the best practices. Make sure that the processes are not coming from somebody who had good ideas 60 years ago but in reality, are no longer effective.

The best thing to do is make sure that the data is clean and you have the blueprints for the business processes according to best practices.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
    June 2022
    610,190 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Raymond De Riel - PeerSpot reviewer
    JD Edwards functional consultant manufacture at Ordina
    Great modeling capabilities with lots of online documentation and an easy setup
    • "The solution can scale."
    • "The reporting has to be flexible or it will turn the end-user off."

What is our primary use case?

I've been working as a JD Edwards consultant for four companies we did projects for all four in the food markets. With all four of them, two times it was an implementation project, and two times it was management and book fixing and that kind of thing.

For me, it always was production and logistics.

What is most valuable?

The strongest functionality of JD Edwards is the ability to model, in the production that it is, model the production process. If I were to model the bill of materials and production routing, then that's one of the strongest parts of JD Edwards.

The initial setup is not difficult.

The solution can scale.

The stability is good.

There's a large amount of online documentation that makes troubleshooting easy.

What needs improvement?

It's all in the way that end-users are able to make reports. The more that's flexible, the better it is. In JD Edwards, it's the reports that you get standard. Then the user has to deal with that and if he's not satisfied with it, well, then that's tough luck, so to say. The reporting has to be flexible or it will turn the end-user off.

I'm not sure if there are any missing features. The last thing we worked with was Orchestrator and that was something that could be of great value. Orchestrator will prove to be the solution for many problems. At the moment, there isn't something that I would say that we're all waiting for it. On the other hand, they should make more noise on the Orchestrator, as there are not many people who know what it is and what it can do, and what it can mean for new implementations, or old ones.

I've used the solution for the past five or six years.

The solution is quite stable.

The product can scale. If you are too big or too small for the solution, if you are something like Coca-Cola worldwide, you would not use JD Edwards solely for all activities. They're too big. If you are a company of, let's say 10 employees, then you're too small. However, otherwise, if you choose right, it's very easy to set it up and it's scalable. If you are going from, let's say 200 to 500 employees, no problem. If you have two sites and you're growing to five production sites, also no problem.

The solution is part of the Oracle family and I always used the information that I could find in Oracle Metalink. For JD Edwards it's also there this. The support information that you can find on the Oracle sites, the support sites, it's huge. If I have a problem, then in 80% of the cases, I can find a solution somewhere on the support side of Oracle before I have to lock a service request with the Oracle support unit. There's a lot of information that you can find on your own. Therefore, the support is quite good.

At this moment, I'm on my second project for Oracle E-Business Suite and then the project module.

The implementation process is pretty simple. I can relate it to the E-Business Suite, as I've also a long-term experience in E-Business Suite. JD Edwards is more simple than the E-Business Suite to set up and make work. On the other hand, if you have a very large operation and your operation is multi-language and multicurrency, then the E-Business Suite is better as it has more opportunities to set it up for multicurrency and multi-language. That said, in daily practice, JD Edwards is reasonably easy to set it up.

In terms of maintenance, for the application management team, for a normal instance of JD Edwards, then you could expect something like, let's say 500 users. Then there would be one or two application managers that are managing an application of that size - and perhaps one database manager.

The ROI is not my business. I can't speak to if we have seen any.

I barely know what the license costs are. They are in the range of $1,000 per end-user per year or something like that. A lot of the bigger ERP solutions, like E-Business Suite or SAP, are all the same or similar in terms of pricing.

What other advice do I have?

We are a system integrator.

I'd advise new users if you are using JD Edwards or if you are using Oracle E-Business Suite, just go on with it and stay using it for a long time. It will be supported until, the last I heard, 2030, by Oracle and perhaps even longer. However, if you are thinking about implementing an ERP solution that's new, from the scratch, I would consider one of the cloud solutions. Then you could look to an Oracle Cloud product or you can look to Salesforce - whatever suits your business. I would go for the cloud products and not for the, well, let's say old school, on-premise products.

I would rate the solution at an eight out of ten.

Technical Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Brings operational efficiency, highly configurable, and pretty stable
    • "It is highly configurable. You have a choice in terms of how you want to run it. You can run it in your own data center, in a private cloud, or in a public cloud. The choice is really up to the customer."
    • "They have been improving it every day, but it could have more automation."

What is our primary use case?

I help implement it, set it up, and support it. It is really good for clients who use it for financials, supply chain, payroll, human resources, and manufacturing, so almost everything.

I use multiple versions of it, such as 9.0, 9.1, and 9.2, because I support many customers. In terms of deployment, the customers have all kinds of deployments such as traditional data centers, public cloud, and private cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

It brings operational efficiency by integrating different processes within the organization into one system. It also brings best practices of the industry into your processes. You can configure the processes within the software in a way that they align with the best practices that exist in the industry.

What is most valuable?

It is highly configurable. You have a choice in terms of how you want to run it. You can run it in your own data center, in a private cloud, or in a public cloud. The choice is really up to the customer.

What needs improvement?

They have been improving it every day, but it could have more automation.

I have been working with this solution for 19 years.

It is pretty stable now. There were earlier releases that weren't as stable, but it is becoming more and more stable every day.

It can scale if architected well. It is highly configurable, and it is dependent on how a customer chooses to set it up. It is built to scale for 5,000 users. It is not really a limit, but 5,000 or less is where it performs well.

Their technical support is good.

Our clients have used legacy systems, homegrown systems, and other ERP solutions.

It is complex. In terms of deployment, you can get it all up and running within a month, but its implementation is a long process. It depends on the size of the organization and the number of processes they're trying to implement. So, implementations can take anywhere from six months to two years, depending on how big the organization is.

The number of staff required for deployment and maintenance depends on the implementation. In terms of their roles, there are system admin and developers. Then there are application consultants or business analysts. They are the people who have expertise in a particular domain such as financials, supply chain, or manufacturing. So, it depends on the different processes that you are going to set up in JD Edwards. You could have an organization that is only implementing financials, and in that case, you only need one financial SME, but if you have an organization that is going to implement financials, manufacturing, and supply chain, you're going to need SMEs for these areas.

It depends on the number of users and the modules that you want to buy. It is licensed on a perpetual license basis. You buy the license costs upfront, and then there is maintenance for support that you pay every year, which is typically about 20%.

The expense also depends on an organization's IT strategy, such as whether they're going to support the system internally or whether they're going to get an external vendor like my company to help support it.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that you have the right strategy on whether you're going to support it internally or you're going to hire an external vendor for it. It needs a specialized skill set; it is not something that anyone can just support.

I would rate it an eight out of 10. This is based on what I've heard from my customers and people who use other solutions. I haven't worked with too many other products to give a fair comparison.

Maggie Van Wyk - PeerSpot reviewer
    Chief Financial and Operating Officer at Aicrem Square
    The main strength is the provision of a clear audit trail and the ability to adapt according to need
    • "The solution is very customizable according to business needs."
    • "Financial side could be expanded by bringing in things like the IMS."

What is our primary use case?

I do a lot of research for our customers, the aim being to provide them with a great solution for their environment. I don't focus on one company or on one product. It's important to figure out which system will actually provide the best return on investment for the business and the industry. I'm a customer and reseller of JD Edwards and my position in the company is COA. Our company also has a partnership with Oracle and with Microsoft.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that the solution is very customizable according to business needs and adaptive throughout your business processes. It's not very rigid but they've also got all IRFS standards in line for whenever something changes, and you can just apply that to your accounting standards. The strength of the product is that it provides an audit trail regarding what has happened and who was responsible. It's also a very easy to use solution. Already for many years, on the manufacturing side, the orchestrator and the robotics were already in place. It was already embedded as part of the process and their functionality was really good.

What needs improvement?

I think they could maybe expand the financial side. It's not complex but they could perhaps bring in things like the IMS. Aside from that, I think the manufacturing is really good. I think it's one of the best of all the ERPs, they have very good manufacturing.

It's difficult to pinpoint additional features to include because everything depends on your company and the industries and clients you work with because normally what JD Edwards does is follow the needs of the client and industry standard specifics. They constantly make small improvements and implement innovations. That said, I would like to see more use cases so new customers can see references from existing customer experiences in different industries.

I've been working with this solution since 1991.

We generally get support from our internal consultants who gained experience years ago from clients and consultants who communicated regularly. That's generally how issues are resolved and the consultants on the technical side probably resolve servicing questions and the like. I think the consultants within JD Edwards EnterpriseOne are very self-sufficient.

The initial setup is not complex. If you just follow the instructions then the set up is fine. You just need to grasp the terminology that they're using and the structures of the data and the cloud, and follow what they tell you to do and you'll be fine. You don't really need to be a rocket scientist, there's a logic that you need to apply.

What other advice do I have?

In around 2007, JD Edwards went through a dip and most customers moved to other solutions. Here in South Arica, most government institutions and other clients actually started buying SAP. The company then started doing quite a bit of research and made drastic improvements. Today there are few ERP systems that can actually compete with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.

For a long time already, it's been possible to run the solution on any mobile app. I like the fact that there is competition because you need different ERP's that work in certain sectors or certain industries and don't always try to cover everything. For example, there are certain ERP's which are very strong in financial institutions.

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    ERP Auditor at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    An expensive solution which rates unfavorably with SAP for efficiency and lacks sufficient backend support, but provides stability
    • "The solution is stable."
    • "We found that the system was unable to address many of our concerns, especially when it comes to project management."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the latest version.

We use the solution for operational requirements, including procurement, inventory and management. As we are advocates of contraction, we cover almost everything within the system.

What needs improvement?

We found that the system was unable to address many of our concerns, especially when it comes to project management. We actually found it to be quite hard to use and to lack user-friendliness, which is the reason we decided to move.

While the overall function for providing coverage is good, the way the system works turned out to be a bit difficult. Efficiency was an issue, as well as user-friendliness. Something which would take five minutes in a standard ERP, takes 10 with the solution. The method of handling the entire transactions should be greatly simplified.

When it comes to scalability, a much larger team is needed to handle the system than would otherwise be the case with an SAP solution.

The solution is really expensive.

If used properly, one can see a return on his investment. If not, it will cost a person a lot of money. It's that simple.

I have worked with technical support and it actually involves two types of consultants, one technical and the other functional. The technical requirements, such as coding, which comprise the backend, should have more people involved for delivering what is needed.

We have been using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne in excess of four to five years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is used extensively in our organization.

We have plans to move to another solution.

Much cost-consuming staff is needed for deployment and maintenance.

The solution is really expensive.

What other advice do I have?

The deployment is handled through a third party; in which we have a team of consultants. They handle everything, from the setup, to the implementation, to the training.

My advice to others is that they use what is available in the system and not attempt to exceed its capacity.

I rate JD Edwards EnterpriseOne as a five out of ten.

Project Leader at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    A customizable, user-friendly, and stable product for managing the business
    • "With the new versions, it has become very user-friendly. We have integration with mobiles, and we have cloud-based solutions. There are a lot of things that can be done by front-end users without technical knowledge. They can create reports without having to do any coding, and it's very good now."
    • "If they can research and make the installation part easier or more user-friendly, it would be nice."

What is our primary use case?

It is a good product for managing the business. We can manage supply chain and distribution, manufacturing, finance, etc.

I'm a consultant. I work for different clients, and I have worked on different versions, such as XP, 8.12, 9.1, and 9.2.

What is most valuable?

The good thing about it is that it is very customizable. We can modify it the way we want.

With the new versions, it has become very user-friendly. We have integration with mobiles, and we have cloud-based solutions. There are a lot of things that can be done by front-end users without technical knowledge. They can create reports without having to do any coding, and it's very good now.

What needs improvement?

If they can research and make the installation part easier or more user-friendly, it would be nice.

I have been using this solution for about 10 years.

It is very stable.

It is very scalable. The client I'm currently working with has about a thousand users, but I've worked with other clients with a lot more users, such as about 5,000 or so, across different geographies.

There is currently no plan to increase its usage.

It is pretty good, but when we contact Oracle support, we have to first do our homework. They need several things before they look into any issues.

Oracle provides support for standard things. They support the standard or vanilla product. If we have a lot of customizations, it gets tricky. We are responsible for the things we change, and they are mostly responsible for the standard part. So, the more customizations we have, the trickier it gets.

I used a product from Oracle as a CRM tool, but I haven't used any other ERP. I've only been using JD Edwards.

It is not very straightforward. You need a very technical person to do that or assist you. The installation is okay, but when you're implementing, you have to do adjustments to make it work for your business. So, it does require a little bit of technical expertise. You might need help from Oracle as well.

The installation takes a few days, but the implementation can take a few months.

In terms of maintenance, in the current team that I'm working with, there are about 25 to 30 people for IT support for 1,000 users.

What other advice do I have?

I find it really good. I have limited exposure to the product, and from my point of view, it is very customizable. It is very good because we can modify the way we want. It is stable as long as we are following Oracle guidelines.

I would definitely recommend it to others. I love it. With the new versions, it has become very good.

I would rate it a nine out of 10.

Global Oracle JDE Practice Head at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
    Continual feature enhancements, low maintenance, and user-friendly
    • "JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has improved within all the solutions and there have been a lot of investments by Oracle in these solutions. Most of the functionalities, and business requirements, are available for the system in the solution and there have been enhancements to the processes, UI, and tools, which have been done on a regular basis."
    • "The initial setup of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is straightforward. However, it could improve."

What is our primary use case?

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is an ERP solution for our customer's business processes comprising of manufacturing, financials, procurement, inventory, et cetera.

What is most valuable?

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne has improved within all the solutions and there have been a lot of investments by Oracle in these solutions. Most of the functionalities, and business requirements, are available for the system in the solution and there have been enhancements to the processes, UI, and tools, which have been done on a regular basis.

The inbuilt BI user experience and enhanced UI analytics, are very good. These are key features I love about the solution. It is more user-friendly with functionalities continually updating and there's less technical dependency. Rather than hiring a technical person to explain everything or doing the development for you, anyone can do it on their own without any technical help, such as the end-users.

I have been using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne for approximately 18 years.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is highly stable.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is best suited for small and medium business enterprises. There are multiple features in the solution that customers look for and this is why it has been a good solution for the past 30 to 35 years in the market.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is a scalable solution.

If there's any problem, such as a bug in the system, you have the solution on the knowledge garden, on the Oracle website.

I am an engineer for the last 18 years and I have not seen any other solution from the market that is better. I have seen some comparable solutions, that might be on par with the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne. However, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is being rated as the tier one ERP in the industry for SMBs.

The initial setup of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is straightforward. However, it could improve.

I rate the setup of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne a three out of five.

The maintenance of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is very low. There can be support after the implementation, but I've seen a lot of customers using the solution without the support. They are able to maintain the solution on their own.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is JD Edwards EnterpriseOne is excellent. It has multiple features and business processes of the industry, especially the manufacturing industry, out of the box. There are fewer customizations required. It can meet, 90 to 95 percent of the standard business processes' out-of-box functionality. It is a very good solution from a business point of view.

I rate JD Edwards EnterpriseOne a nine out of ten.

Download our free JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: June 2022