We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Incredibuild OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Incredibuild is #12 ranked solution in top Build Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Incredibuild an average rating of 8 out of 10. Incredibuild is most commonly compared to Jenkins: Incredibuild vs Jenkins. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Incredibuild?

Incredibuild enables C++ developers to accelerate compilation, tests, and other compute-intensive tasks – cutting development cycle time by up to 8x.

Incredibuild’s Virtualized Distributed Processing™ harnesses idle CPUs across your local network and the cloud, turning every host into a supercomputer with thousands of cores.

Using the same code, processes, and tools, C++ dev teams accelerate product development with 8x faster builds, 80% shorter release cycles, and 5x the number of iterations.

Download the Build Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Incredibuild Customers

200,000 devs and managers at over 2,000 companies, including leading brands like Microsoft, Amazon, Citibank, Samsung, EPIC Games, and many more rely on Incredibuild to turbocharge their development.

Incredibuild Video

Incredibuild Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Incredibuild pricing:
"Its pricing and licensing are annoying. Every year, I need to renew. If I miss the deadline date, all my processes will stop working. So, I would prefer that I wouldn't need to renew every year, instead have another solution for it. Or, if we could have an enterprise license agreement with the company, then the development team wouldn't need to spend time renewing licenses."

Incredibuild Reviews

DevOps Team Leader at Elbit Systems Ltd
Saves time for developers, which saves money for the company
  • "It is saving time for developers, which is saving money for the company."
  • "Stability could be improved. I don't know the reason for the instability because there are no logs that help me to understand the problem."

What is our primary use case?

I have specific licenses regarding running third-party applications. We are not using IncrediBuild in Visual Studio at all. We are not using it for C++ or compiling. We are using it for running a third-party application, which is our application, where we do automatic generation of code. I am in one group at Elbit Systems. There are probably other groups who use IncrediBuild differently, but I am using it for this specific task.

We wanted to decrease the time that it took before using Incredibuild. This is basically our use case.

It is installed on my servers. It is not on the cloud. Our network is disconnected from the Internet.

How has it helped my organization?

We are using the Incredibuild agent to run multiple processes on all available cores. This is the improvement that we did. Instead of the machine's core doing task after task, it is now running on multiple machines.

In my working environment, it is saving time for all our developers in regards to the time consumption of the builds. My team has four people who manage and interact with Incredibuild as a product.

What needs improvement?

The logging instability has room for improvement. Sometimes, I am getting exceptions from the Coordinator and don't have a clue why. In these cases, I just reboot the server, and it is okay. So, I would like more info about a crash when it happens.

I have been using it for about eight years.

In the beginning, I had a few phone calls until the process was stable because I didn't understand why it was not stable. Most of it wasn't stable because my processes weren't built for running multiple processes at the same time. So, we had to make some changes. Besides that, I haven't used Incredibuild support.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We didn't use a different solution previously.

The initial setup was straightforward. I just ran the setup, which was easy. Installing and configuring the environment was easy for me. However, I am a software guy, which made it easy for me, but it might not ;be easy for others.

The deployment took a few hours. This time was to understand what I want and how to use it. The main work was on my side to change the product and my processes to use Incredibuild.

I implemented Incredibuild into my build processes in my TFS environment using the Incredibuild command line tool.

For each build that runs where I need to generate a code, it takes around half an hour instead of an hour and a half. It also takes a few builds until we are done.

It is saving time for developers, which is saving money for the company.

Its pricing and licensing are annoying. Every year, I need to renew. If I miss the deadline date, all my processes will stop working. So, I would prefer that I wouldn't need to renew every year, instead have another solution for it. Or, if we could have an enterprise license agreement with the company, then the development team wouldn't need to spend time renewing licenses.

We didn't evaluate other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I use Incredibuild for a special need. 80% of our code gets generated, and this was time-consuming in a build. Our code is C#, which is not like C++, and running the compilation in C# using IncrediBuild won't save time. So, I didn't use this part of the product. I am just using it to increase our processes behind it.

I would rate Incredibuild as eight out of 10.

Product Categories
Build Automation
Download our free Build Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about IncrediBuild, Jenkins, Atlassian, and more!