We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Dian Sabev
Security Expert at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
Stable and scalable with good account takeover protections
  • "The solution has a very good interface."
  • "The rules surrounding the making of web applications could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Primarily, clients are in need of some extra defense and a bit of protection, which is why they use this solution.

What is most valuable?

The most important aspect of the solution is the DDoS feature.

The solution has a very good interface.

Last year, the solution added a lot of additional improvements and functionalities, and for now, the features they have offered us have been great.

They recently added some account takeover protections that have been really useful.

What needs improvement?

The rules surrounding the making of web applications could be improved.

I believe I've been using the solution for about four years.

There aren't issues with stability. As a cloud solution, it's hard to say if there will be stability issues. There might be issues with some customer setups, for example, but not with the product itself.

The scalability of the solution is okay. Companies can expand it if they need to.

We've been in touch with technical support in the past. Out of ten, I'd rate them at six or seven. We've had some issues with them in terms of response times, but overall they are okay.

We didn't previously work with a different solution. We've partnered with Imperva so we're dealing only with them.

Typically, the initial setup is more or less straightforward. there isn't too much complexity.

What other advice do I have?

We're resellers of the solution.

Typically the solution is deployed with the help of DNS.

It's a good product. It's one of the best on the market. If a company can afford the solution, they should try it out.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Manager Technique at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
Good support, easy and quick deployment, and valuable DDoS protection and WAF features
  • "DDoS protection and WAF are the most valuable features. It is easy to deploy a service. It is easy and quick to deploy to a new website."
  • "Its price could be improved. It is quite expensive. It will be good if we could export the configuration. Currently, to control the configuration, we need to go to each website, which is not very convenient."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is DDoS protection. We are using it to protect access to internet sites. It is a SaaS solution, so everybody has the latest version.

What is most valuable?

DDoS protection and WAF are the most valuable features. It is easy to deploy a service. It is easy and quick to deploy to a new website.

What needs improvement?

Its price could be improved. It is quite expensive.

It will be good if we could export the configuration. Currently, to control the configuration, we need to go to each website, which is not very convenient.

I have been using this solution for six years.

Its capacity is okay for us, and we don't need to scale it or expand its usage.

Their technical support is good. We get a quick response from them.

It was simple. It is very easy and quick to deploy.

It was done in-house.

It is expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It has been working fine for us, and it has all the features that we need. I would advise others to know the exact bandwidth that is required for the project because the cost is based on the bandwidth. You must evaluate the required bandwidth beforehand.

I would rate Imperva Incapsula a nine out of ten. Technically, it is a very good solution.

Other
Learn what your peers think about Imperva Incapsula. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,322 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Solutions Senior Manager at a media company with 501-1,000 employees
Helpful support, good licensing model, and fits within our budget
  • "It fits our requirements, as well as our budget."
  • "Some maintenance must be performed by our IT team."

What is our primary use case?

We use this product as our Web Application Firewall. It provides web-based protection for us. Our requirements are not very complex.

What needs improvement?

Some maintenance must be performed by our IT team.

We have been working with Imperva Incapsula for two years.

The stability is okay. We use it extensively, on a daily basis. The firewall operates 24 hours per day.

We have approximately 500 employees that are protected with this product.

We have not had any problems with their technical support.

We did not use another Web Application Firewall before Imperva.

Incapsula is not a difficult product to deploy.

The vendor assisted us with the deployment.

We have an IT support team that is responsible for maintenance.

We have a yearly contract and I am happy with the pricing. Imperva charges us based on bandwidth, which is better than other vendors that charge us according to data transfer. In these cases, our costs are quite high.

Outside of our package, there are no additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I am really happy with this solution. This includes the features and capabilities, as well as the cost. It fits our requirements, as well as our budget.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Director at IT Big Bang
Easy to use and enables us to put everything in code

What is our primary use case?

The company uses this solution to protect us from any potential attacks. We are customers of Imperva and I'm the company director.

What is most valuable?

Imperva makes it easier for us to put everything in code; we use Terraform to deploy our infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

This is a very limited tool if you're looking to customize. It would be helpful if Imperva would provide additional resources for Terraform that can easily be deployed. There are some cases where we're currently unable to use Terraform.

I've been using this solution for six months.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for six months.

The solution is stable although sometimes content delivery seems to be affected because it's in the cloud.

Scalability is fine and we haven't had any issues with resource consumption.

Technical support is quite proactive in sharing information.

The initial setup is relatively straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Information Security Manager at a transportation company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good DDoS and bot features, but it needs support for SSL management

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are the DDoS and Bot.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have support for SSL management and secure DNS.

We have been using Imperva for more than a year.

We have had no problems with stability.

Imperva is a scalable solution. We have about 20 users but it's protecting our main website.

I would say that technical support is average.

We did not use another similar solution prior to Imperva.

The initial setup was simple. It…

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features for us are the DDoS and Bot.

What needs improvement?

I would like to have support for SSL management and secure DNS.

We have been using Imperva for more than a year.

We have had no problems with stability.

I would say that technical support is average.

We did not use another similar solution prior to Imperva.

The initial setup was simple. It took about two hours to deploy.

The cost is on par with other solutions such as Cloudflare and Akamai. There's not much difference in it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Information System Security Manager at a pharma/biotech company with 10,001+ employees
A very secure platform for protecting our website and web applications

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for web application firewall protection for the website and web application. I'm a user of this product and work as an information systems security manager.

What is most valuable?

I'm very happy with the solution. The most valuable aspect of it is that it blocks all types of attacks.

What needs improvement?

I think the product could be improved by reducing the price. It would help if they came up with pricing options because as it is now if you're a big company and use the site often, it's more expensive.

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

Stability and scalability are fine.

How are customer service

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for almost four years.

Stability and scalability are fine.

I don't use the technical support, but my colleagues do and they haven't mentioned any problems.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

Download our free Imperva Incapsula Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.