IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM App Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM App Connect is #12 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools. PeerSpot users give IBM App Connect an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. IBM App Connect is most commonly compared to IBM Cloud Pak for Integration: IBM App Connect vs IBM Cloud Pak for Integration. IBM App Connect is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Cloud Data Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is IBM App Connect?

Rapidly connect public clouds, private clouds and on-premises application

App Connect Professional is IBM’s cloud integration offering which delivers an integration solution
• With ease-of-use, flexibility and increased responsiveness to the evolving business needs, while removing the daunting complexities of integration.
• Provides the powerful combination of a ‘simple integration experience’ for business users looking to automate how their applications talk to each other; coupled with a ‘configuration based integration’ approach for IT.
• App Connect Professional is for the teams and integration developers who need to solve more complex problems and need powerful tooling for integration scenarios

IBM App Connect was previously known as IBM Cast Iron.

IBM App Connect Customers

United Way of Allegheny County, Saint-Gobain CPS, Ricoh, SunTrust Banks Inc.

IBM App Connect Video

IBM App Connect Pricing Advice

What users are saying about IBM App Connect pricing:
  • "The cost depends upon the consumer."
  • "The price could be better."
  • "The licensing cost for IBM App Connect is very high."
  • IBM App Connect Reviews

DhivakarSekar - PeerSpot reviewer
    Enterprise Software Engineer at Wolters kluwer
    Provides security and is useful for monitoring APAC and API
    • "The most valuable feature is the security."
    • "In the next release, I would like to get some quality connectors."

What is our primary use case?

App Connect is useful for monitoring APAC and API. It allows us to do analysis based on the dashboards, and it's mostly used for security.

We have almost 10 million transactions per day.

It's a cloud solution.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security. The agreement relies on DataPower, so if you're calling APIs to publish to the internet, you definitely need the security.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like to get some quality connectors. With the configuration of MuleSoft, they have multiple connectors if you're going with the quicker stuff. There's IBM Professional and IBM Enterprise solution. IBM Professional will have all the connector things, but I'm expecting that to be included on-premise as well.

IBM should be competitive on the third party cloud side of integration so that we can do the development quickly. It would also be very useful for the cost effectiveness of project development.

I've been using this solution for almost one year.

July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, MuleSoft, Informatica and others in Cloud Data Integration. Updated: July 2022.
    620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a stable solution.

It's scalable.

There is a laptop vulnerability, so we connected with IBM's tech support about that.

The amount of people needed for deployment and maintenance will depend on the project. For example, we are a financial team working as a GBS, Global Business Service. Based on the project, we have two developers and a DBA.

We always have ROI when we use IBM products. If you're using multiple products from IBM, you will see ROI. If not, you'll definitely see some variation.

The cost depends upon the consumer. Right now, the cost is within $10,000 per year, based on the transactions. The license depends on if you're a premium partner, platinum partner, or golden partner.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution nine out of ten.

I would definitely recommend this solution to those who are interested in using it. Banks around the world use IBM App Connect.

Chief Solutions Architect at Solutions by STC
    Great security features and includes everything that's required for VBI management
    • "Provides good security features."
    • "Updates are constantly delayed."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is in Saudi Arabia. We provide end to end solutions to our customers. I'm chief solutions architect.

What is most valuable?

The solution provides a lot of good features, particularly when it comes to security. It also includes everything that's required of a VBI management solution and also as an ESB. The beauty of IBM App Connect is that it provides end-to-end middleware.

What needs improvement?

Updates are constantly delayed and that is something IBM could improve.

I've been working with this solution for close to two years.

App Connect is built on OpenShift which is included in the solution so if we need to scale it's much easier and is a strong feature of App Connect.

IBM has a good presence here and the remote support is good. Getting on-site support is more difficult but it's the same with all the products.

The deployment itself is somehow complicated and not as easy as Apigee or even WSO2 which are very easy to deploy. We have another issue which is that there are not many developers or engineers working with App Connect here in Saudi Arabia. We require two or three engineers to deploy but it's not easy to find certified people.

Licensing costs are expensive, we have a contract for three years. IBM provides good quality solutions and there's a price for that. We pay 200K every year. We haven't had any issues with our customers because they are all enterprise organizations so the cost is not an issue for them. Licensing fees include technical support.

App Connect is similar to Apigee but is less complicated. Apigee is very good when it comes to VBI management, but it's not an ESB solution.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I rate this solution eight out of 10.

July 2022
    620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    SOA & BP Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Good support, choice of deployment infrastructure, scalable, and stable

What is our primary use case?

This solution is used as the integration hub between the internal application of any enterprise.

What needs improvement?

The installation of containers could be simplified, as it currently requires a senior-level installer.

In the next release, I would like it to be integrated with lifecycle management.

I have been using IBM App Connect for 15 years.

We started working with version 2, but now we are using version 11, which is the newest version.

It's a stable solution, we have not had any issues.

It's a scalable product. We have more than 20 users who are using this solution.

Technical support is good.

You can install both on the cloud and on-premises.

If you go with a container-based installation, it's more complex than a traditional installation.

We need only one person to deploy this solution.

The pricing could be better.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

This is a cloud-based and Microsoft-based solution. It was called Message Broker previously.

We plan to continue implementing this product and I would recommend it to others.

I would rate IBM App Connect a ten out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    DameerSiddiqui - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
    Reseller
    Integrates well, scalable, stable

What is our primary use case?

This is an integration product. Some of our financial customers, banks, and financial institutions are using IBM App Connect for integration and their services.  We work with the banking clients' transaction processes included in their APIs. We work with payment transactions, cash flow, ATM services, ATM cards, and the Internet banking side.

What is most valuable?

When using IBM stacks, IBM App Connect is suitable and integrates well with other IBM products like WebSphere.

What needs improvement?

There needs to be an IBM App Connect web console clustering feature.

I have been using IBM App Connect for three years.

IBM App Connect is a stable product.  However, they need to be more user friendly.

IBM App Connect is scalable. From the administration side, they need to improve the RBAC model, as well as the clustering of this product.  It will be good if we can start up the cluster, via IBM Connect Console. Some other products like MuleSoft, are providing this type of administration. MuleSoft is easy to use and user friendly.

The licensing cost for IBM App Connect is very high.

AdelAmer - PeerSpot reviewer
    Integration developer at Central bank of Egypt
    It has powerful collaboration and customization features

What is our primary use case?

We use App Connect for integration and creating APIs.

What needs improvement?

The integration with HR systems could be better.

I've been using IBM App Connect for three years.

App Connect is stable

App Connect is scalable

I don't deal with IBM support, but the administrator of this operation had some issues. They reply in one or two hours at most, but they could be better.

What other advice do I have?

I rate IBM App Connect eight out of 10. It's a powerful application for collaboration. It has many features for customization and integration.

MOHAMED RAMI GARALI - PeerSpot reviewer
    Full Stack JS(ReactJS/NodeJS) & IBM Integration at Edifixio
    Stable to use, connect with the cloud, and to deploy

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to connect with MQ. We manage the solution and send the results.

What is most valuable?

It's stable to use, connect with the cloud, and to deploy.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be better.

It's stable.

It's scalable.

Technical support takes time to respond.

Initial setup isn't easy. It's medium difficulty.

You need between two and five people for deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

Download our free Cloud Data Integration Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, MuleSoft, Informatica, and more!
    Updated: July 2022