Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

HubSpot Marketing Hub OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HubSpot Marketing Hub is #4 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools. PeerSpot users give HubSpot Marketing Hub an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. HubSpot Marketing Hub is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: HubSpot Marketing Hub vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. HubSpot Marketing Hub is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
HubSpot Marketing Hub Buyer's Guide

Download the HubSpot Marketing Hub Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is HubSpot Marketing Hub?
HubSpot is an inbound marketing platform, integrating blogging, social media monitoring and publishing, contacts, SEO, email marketing, marketing automation, and analytics in one easy to use and powerful platform. HubSpot's customers worldwide leverage the company's software and services to transform their marketing from outbound (cold calls, email spam, trade shows, TV ads, etc) to inbound lead generation, enabling them to leverage remarkable content and an integrated experience to deliver leadS. Aimed at optimizing inbound marketing by helping promote useful and original content, HubSpot also offers free marketing advice on its blog. HubSpot's inbound marketing software gives organizations the tools necessary to run successful inbound marketing campaigns. Through HubSpot, companies can monitor social media, create optimized landing pages, control SEO campaigns, monitor email marketing, and curate their blog. Integrated on a single platform, companies can automate their inbound marketing efforts to close customers. Integrates with existing HubSpot accounts or individual business needs.
HubSpot Marketing Hub Customers
Emyth, CRS, ClearPivot, Stitch Live, SoldOut, Waterfall, SnapEngage, Duo
HubSpot Marketing Hub Video

HubSpot Marketing Hub Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HubSpot Marketing Hub pricing:
  • "The platform itself will typically cost anywhere from $50,000 to $80,000 per year."
  • "We are on an annual license for this solution. There have many different versions to meet the needs of their customers, such as professional enterprise and basic versions. They charge for the particular feature or components which are available in the license you have."
  • "HubSpot Marketing Hub provided me with the startup package with 90% off, but it's still hundreds of dollars a month instead of thousands of dollars a month. There is an additional cost for training and onboarding which is hundreds of dollars. It is expensive and should be reduced."
  • HubSpot Marketing Hub Reviews

Rich Longo - PeerSpot reviewer
    Vice President of Sales at ServicePro
    A scalable tool with a lot of functionality and a helpful tech support team
    • "The biggest reason why I like this solution is the fact that it has so much functionality. It's all contained in one product, so you don't have to use multiple products."
    • "Years ago, these tools used to allow you to see the exact location of people that were clicking on things. I guess they quit doing it for privacy reasons, but that was very helpful information and I miss seeing it in those reports. I thought that this tool could do it when we left Act-On to go to HubSpot, but when we moved over they stopped doing it."

What is our primary use case?

My company uses this solution for managing social media and email blasts. We send out about 2.6 million emails a month utilizing this tool. We also use it to manage our contact list and monitor our website. We use it in a limited way for SEO, and we use some analysis features, reports, and A and B testing.

What needs improvement?

I have used this solution for about four years.

HubSpot Marketing Hub
    September 2022
    Learn what your peers think about HubSpot Marketing Hub. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability has been great and we haven't had any issues.

The solution can scale with no problem; it's just very expensive. One of the drawbacks to HubSpot is that it is a very pricey tool. Every time you expand, whether you want to expand contacts or add other modules and things, it's just very pricey. However, it's definitely scalable.

The tech support team is very quick. They are pretty fast. When it comes to the answers, sometimes there is a little issue where they don't quite understand what we're looking for or asking about. There's been a couple of instances where we've had to go back and forth and actually get on a call and show them what we're trying to get their help with, but in general, they're very good.

Prior to using this solution, I used Act-On for several years. One of the main reasons we decided to switch was the social media functionality because we manage 22 social media sites, and we were using a lot of third-party tools. HubSpot offered the ability to integrate all of that, and track the website, webpages, and email. Plus, there were a couple of bits of functionality in HubSpot that Act-On didn't have, and the scalability into sales and other features that we could utilize should we wish to in the future. I almost have regrets about switching from Act-On to HubSpot because we did lose the location feature I mentioned earlier, but overall, it was good.

The initial setup was pretty straightforward. The solution was pretty easy to put together and build out. Of course, there's always something new to learn with this tool because they're always tweaking different things, but I'd say that it is fairly easy to learn.

Deployment took about 30 days from start to finish because we went back and forth on some things. We did have HubSpot help us, but once you've used a lot of these marketing platforms, they're pretty much the same in their basic functionality.

The platform itself will typically cost anywhere from $50,000 to $80,000 per year. I can't remember exactly what the user limit is, but you can have a certain amount of sales folks associated with it for tracking purposes and a certain amount of marketing admins.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution would be to clean up all the data you have, your lists, and your contacts before importing them into HubSpot. Also, make sure you plan how you want things to be created in HubSpot and know what fields will be the most important to you for syncing up to your CRM. Finally, ensure that all the CRM and HubSpot fields are synced up correctly. I recommend ensuring the processes are in place before you implement HubSpot. Don't haphazardly try to set it up on the fly. It's just not a wise move, and it'll cause problems in the long run.

I would rate this solution as an eight out of ten because there's a couple of things that just aren't perfect, but it's a great tool.

Private Cloud
    AbhisekPattojoshi - PeerSpot reviewer
    Senior Manager Product Strategy at a security firm with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    Reliable and user-friendly with great dashboards
    • "It's my understanding that the initial setup is a straightforward process."
    • "It would be ideal if there was a way to forward a notification or create notifications for non-HubSpot users."

What is our primary use case?

On our website, we have lots of forms and LinkedIn ads that we run. We basically have lots of forms. We sync our HubSpot so that whatever form fields are being entered, whenever users want to download any assets, that automatically syncs in HubSpot, and HubSpot tells us, who has downloaded a certain asset.

What is most valuable?

I have only used one feature so far, which is this form field. When I say form field, it is like syncing HubSpot form fields with website form fields. That is the only one that I have used. Therefore, that is most valuable to me so far.

It has been an excellent, awesome product to work with.

It's my understanding that the initial setup is a straightforward process.

The solution is extremely reliable.

The solution is very user-friendly.

The dashboard is great.

What needs improvement?

As of now, given my 15, 20 days of experience, I have never faced any kind of single pain points with HubSpot.

It would be ideal if there was a way to forward a notification or create notifications for non-HubSpot users. For example, on my team, if there is one person not using the product, it would be nice if I could still create a HubSpot notification for them.

I've used the solution for 12 months. However, I've used it only for 15 to 20 days in the last five or six months.

The solution is stable. It's one of the most reliable solutions I have used. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. The performance is good.

From my side, I have not attempted to scale the solution. I can't speak to how scalable it is. I don't have enough experience to comment directly.

We have three or more individuals using the solution on our side.

How extensively the solution will be used, and if it will be expanded, is part of a management team decision. I can't speak to their plans in that regard.

I've been in touch with technical support and I have been very happy with them. I'd rate them at a nine out of ten. They are helpful and responsive. They're excellent.

I did not previously use a different tool.

The initial setup was done a long while back by the marketing operations team. It was very straightforward at that time, as far as I know. However, I was not directly a part of the process.

Our marketing operations team handled the implementation.

I don't manage the licensing. I'm not sure how it works. I can't speak to the exact costs or how the license is structured.

I did not evaluate other options before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm currently using. I share a license. I can't recall the license number.

Even though I have worked only worked with the solution for a short time, I would recommend HubSpot to be used, as they are very reliable. They are very responsive and the solution does most of the things for you. It is the best solution that I have worked with.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

HubSpot Marketing Hub
    September 2022
    635,513 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Product Manager at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
    Reliable, many features available, but needs to improve to stay competitive
    • "If we are having any difficulties, I can easily reach out to support executives and have a resolution. I am not sure if we paid for the technical support."
    • "HubSpot is mainly for enterprise clients and there is a lot of competition. There are better solutions, such as Eloqua and Marketo. This solution needs to improve the analytics for social media monitoring to a level that it can compete with other solutions available in the market. There are some limitations with the features compared to other solutions."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for marketing.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s a tool which works well to evaluate leads journey and conversion

What is most valuable?

The valuable feature I have found in this solution are:

• Lead generation is very helpful overall.
    • Lead generation monthly email scheduling is very good.
    • Email drafts at any point in time can be edited, even if you schedule it for tomorrow you can edit it easily.
    • You can embed images in emails.
    • There is integration with social sites.
    • Integrates with other platforms, such as Salesforce. The data flow from HubSpot to Salesforce is very good. It is very powerful in automatically adding the data and the field you want into the dashboard.
    • Very light solution with many types of marketing automation.

What needs improvement?

HubSpot is mainly for enterprise clients and there is a lot of competition. There are better solutions, such as Eloqua and Marketo. This solution needs to improve the analytics for social media monitoring to a level that it can compete with other solutions available in the market. There are some limitations with the features compared to other solutions.

The email recipients sometimes do not receive some of the call-to-action images that are not downloading and this happens no matter what browsers are being used. This should improve in a future release.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

The solution is reliable.

The solution is scalable with the use of customer relationship tools with CRM solutions.

The help section on HubSpot's website has a lot of documents, there is no need to go to an external site. There is a search box you can input what exactly you want and the related information will come up. It is not a community-type forum that some other vendors have, such as Salesforce where the community adds the information to your question to assist you. I think HubSpot's support team took a lot of use cases and then provided the information for their customers online which has been a benefit. The help section is comprehensive and you can find what you need.

I have used Eloqua and Marketo previously. Eloqua has some specialized features, such as
    radial fix for social media monitoring.

The initial setup was straightforward.

I have evaluated other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate HubSpot Marketing Hub a seven out of ten.

Sa’Ad Ahmed - PeerSpot reviewer
    Sustainable Attainable Lifestyle at Tiny Toronto
    Expensive, support could improve, but useful update alerts
    • "HubSpot Marketing Hub has kept me updated with alerts."
    • "There are some issues with HubSpot Marketing Hub with receiving notifications. It was too difficult to understand, and it requires a lot of effort. Configuration could be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

HubSpot Marketing Hub takes my newsletters and moves them. If somebody goes to my website and submits a request for a newsletter I receive an update.

What is most valuable?

HubSpot Marketing Hub has kept me updated with alerts.

What needs improvement?

There are some issues with HubSpot Marketing Hub with receiving notifications. It was too difficult to understand, and it requires a lot of effort. Configuration could be simplified.

I have used HubSpot Marketing Hub within the last 12 months.

I have submitted a request for this HubSpot Marketing Hub problem that was happening, but I didn't get a response that solved the problem. The support didn't follow up with me.

They have dropped their service availability since 2017. I previously could meet people, talk to people, and have better access

When I was looking for a solution approximately five years ago there were not very many solutions on the market. In the current market, there are many better solutions available.

HubSpot Marketing Hub provided me with the startup package with 90% off, but it's still hundreds of dollars a month instead of thousands of dollars a month. There is an additional cost for training and onboarding which is hundreds of dollars. It is expensive and should be reduced.

What other advice do I have?

I am most likely going to switch to a more professional solution, such as Salesforce. It's has been years since I've used this solution because of problems and the difficulty to use it.

I wouldn't recommend HubSpot Marketing Hub to someone else right now because it feels old and clunky compared to what's available now. I'd recommend others to go look at the market and purchase something that has a lower barrier of entry and has better support built-in. I would lean toward a growing company rather than an established company, such as HubSpot because they've become heavily corporate. It would be similar for me calling Microsoft for support on something, it can be a long process. However, Microsoft has improved over the years.

There are other solutions available now. For example, for a solution that has cost a thousand dollars a month with a 90% discount to make it a hundred dollars a month, and I am tied to the solution for years is not good. At a certain point, the price will increase back to approximately $10,000 a year. This is not a favorable proposition to be in. Other companies which don't have such a high-cost burden up-front, they're going to win my business, and that's where I moving to with my new website. Additionally, their marketing is not working.

I rate HubSpot Marketing Hub a five out of ten.

Client Executive at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Easy to use, good reporting, and it supports sending email from the interface
    • "The most valuable features are the reports, overall usability, and ease of use."
    • "The search and questions aren't as intuitive as I would expect from a platform like this."

What is our primary use case?

I use HubSpot for lead management, funnel management, and marketing.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the reports, overall usability, and ease of use.

Being able to send emails from within it, and the email campaigns are good features.

It is very flexible.

What needs improvement?

When using this product, improvements often have to be made at the corporate level, such as improving their overall best practices. The reason for this is the flexibility that the solution provides. For example, when different people are talking about a certain sales stage, there should be certain qualifications. One person might refer to a deal at the commit stage, whereas another one considers it to be at the qualification stage.

Although the interface is good, it is not very intuitive. I usually have to go to the admin to look for help with certain functions. The search and questions aren't as intuitive as I would expect from a platform like this. However, it may just be me getting up to speed with it.

I have been using HubSpot Marketing Hub since I joined this company, several months ago.

Stability-wise, this is a good product.

As far as I know, the scalability is good. We have perhaps 30 users in the company.

I have not been in touch with technical support.

I have used Salesforce for close to 20 years, and it's fairly similar, but there are some little idiosyncrasies that differentiate them.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing HubSpot is to have corporate best practices defined, or at least evolving in parallel with the implementation and bringing on new users. You want to make sure that everyone is using it the same way.

Director Partner Solutions at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
    Reliable with good support and helpful contact enrichment capabilities
    • "Technical support is helpful and responsive."
    • "They should increase the ease of actually creating the contacts and the workflows and enhance that aspect."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for contacts and sales. We need it for client enrichment and client outreach.

What is most valuable?

The contacts and the connection to sales as well as contact enrichment have been the most valuable aspects of the product.

It is a stable solution.

Technical support is helpful and responsive.

You can scale the product.

What needs improvement?

I don't use it that often. My colleagues use it more. I wouldn't be able to discuss in great detail areas that are lacking.

They should increase the ease of actually creating the contacts and the workflows and enhance that aspect.

I've been using the solution for more than a year. The company has been using the solution for a long time.

It offers a stable performance. We haven't had issues with performance. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

It's scalable. If you want to increase usage, you can do so.

We have ten to 12 people using the solution currently. It's used on a daily basis. The users are in marketing and sales.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. They are very responsive and pretty knowledgeable. We've been satisfied with the assistance we get.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We also use the Salesforce CRM. Salesforce we use more internally, whereas HubSpot is used externally.

I'm not aware of the pricing. I have no visibility of that aspect of the product.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a customer and an end-user.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    Joe Sharp - PeerSpot reviewer
    Founder/COO at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
    It does a good job of tracking and updating client records
    • "Marketing Hub does an incredible job of tracking and updating client records. The reporting has been enhanced, so you can do just about any type of reporting with it and export to Excel if necessary. They just came out with a considerable upgrade a few months ago, which really helped on the reporting side."
    • "They're not the cheapest."

What is our primary use case?

Marketing Hub manages all your contacts. You can create any type of static and or list for email blasts and outreach.

What is most valuable?

Marketing Hub does an incredible job of tracking and updating client records. The reporting has been enhanced, so you can do just about any type of reporting with it and export to Excel if necessary. They just came out with a considerable upgrade a few months ago, which really helped on the reporting side.

Marketing Hub is highly stable within the cloud. They also have a mobile app that mirrors the portal. They've done an incredible job of continuing to enhance the product.

Tech support is almost instant. They do a great job of customer and tech support.

Marketing Hub is simple to set up.

All the CRMs we work with are in the same range. They're not the most expensive, but they're not the cheapest. They have a free version for people to try, and they can start adding more features to it.

They have specials with bundles for small and medium-sized businesses that combine marketing, sales, and customer support. They have bundles to help companies get going. They give you lots of options and work with you.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Marketing Hub 10 out of 10. It's a solid platform that's straightforward to set up and extremely easy to use. They've done a fantastic job. Any time we've run into problems, they've rolled out enhancements. It just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Their sweet spot is small and medium-sized businesses.

Edward Durante Jr - PeerSpot reviewer
    Warrior Representative at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    A user-friendly CRM platform with a valuable automation feature
    • "The most valuable feature is probably automating the system. I can send mass emails to pretty much all my contacts or certain ones that meet the demographic requirements. I've used this one and one other CRM with an auto sales company. From my experience, just the ease of use and the user interface on HubSpot is phenomenal. It's really simple and easy to navigate the program. The functionality is phenomenal, and not just the Microsoft Office part but also with LinkedIn Sales Navigator. It's pretty nice."
    • "The upcoming tasks feature could be better. With HubSpot, whenever I put the contact information into Microsoft Office or Microsoft Outlook, it automatically inputs it into HubSpot. For example, it keeps telling me to contact my Solaris representative as an upcoming task. I've tried changing the contact in it to "not a lead," but it keeps sending me that notification."

What is our primary use case?

I use it to monitor leads and engage in sales automation processes. We use it to identify certain leads or potential clients, and we use it to maintain contact with them, post-sale.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is probably automating the system. I can send mass emails to pretty much all my contacts or certain ones that meet the demographic requirements. I've used this one and one other CRM with an auto sales company. From my experience, just the ease of use and the user interface on HubSpot is phenomenal. It's really simple and easy to navigate the program. The functionality is phenomenal, and not just the Microsoft Office part but also with LinkedIn Sales Navigator. It's pretty nice.

What needs improvement?

The upcoming tasks feature could be better. With HubSpot, whenever I put the contact information into Microsoft Office or Microsoft Outlook, it automatically inputs it into HubSpot. For example, it keeps telling me to contact my Solaris representative as an upcoming task. I've tried changing the contact in it to "not a lead," but it keeps sending me that notification.

I have been dealing with HubSpot Marketing Hub for about four months.

It has been pretty stable. I haven't had that many issues with this.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give HubSpot Marketing Hub a nine.