We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Fortinet FortiWLC OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiWLC is #15 ranked solution in top Wireless LAN tools. PeerSpot users give Fortinet FortiWLC an average rating of 10 out of 10. Fortinet FortiWLC is most commonly compared to Fortinet FortiWLM: Fortinet FortiWLC vs Fortinet FortiWLM. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 35% of all views.
What is Fortinet FortiWLC?

Fortinet controllers for infrastructure Wi-Fi manage authentication and encryption of our enterprise-class infrastructure access points. These controllers are powered by Fortinet’s System Director operating system for seamless mobility and high-density environments.

Download the Wireless LAN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Fortinet FortiWLC Customers

Black Gold Regional Schools, Amadeus Hospitality, Jefferson County, Chunghwa Telecom, City of Boroondara, Dimension Data

Fortinet FortiWLC Video

Fortinet FortiWLC Reviews

Vincent Gonzales
Senior Network & Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to set up with fair pricing and excellent technical support
  • "It's easy to set everything up during implementation."
  • "One thing that is lacking is, compared with some other brands, the signal is a bit weaker. Ruckus has much wider signal coverage."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use it in the context of a university.

What is most valuable?

The security within the access point and the controller is the solution's most valuable aspect.

In terms of pricing, they are very competitive in the Philippines.

When it comes to technical support, we were given top priority support on some issues and have been happy with them overall.

The solution is stable.

It's easy to set everything up during implementation.

The solution can scale.

What needs improvement?

During the implementation, I have had several problems. There were issues handing over the user to the other access point during our roaming. However, this has been addressed before.

One thing that is lacking is, compared with some other brands, the signal is a bit weaker. Ruckus, for example, has much wider signal coverage.

The management and reporting could be improved. It would be nice to use the access points to locate users.

I've been a system integrator and have experience with Fortinet since 2013.

The solution, for the most part, is very stable. Right after they addressed some issues on the firmware, it became very stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

It's scalable. One thing that we encountered, however, since we're using the firewall as the controller, we had some problems on the initial sites when deploying. What we did in the latter part was, we used the firewall as the controller only for around 4000 users, 200 access points.

Technical support is very helpful and responsive and we are happy with the level of service we receive.

We were on priority support from Fortinet during the deployment period. When we called the hotline, it's a top priority and it was great.

We are also familiar with Ruckus.

The initial setup is very easy. It's not overly complex or difficult. A company shouldn't have any issues setting it up.

I can handle the initial setup myself. I do not need the assistance of integrators or consultants. That said, we did have priority support from Fortinet during the implementation period.

The pricing of the product is very reasonable and appropriate for the market. We are based in the Phillippines and we do not find it overly expensive. It's my understanding that we've been given special competitive pricing.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Fortinet implementor.

I'd rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

If the signal was stronger, I would rate it higher.

I'd recommend the solution to other users and organizations.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Implementor