Flowmon  OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Flowmon is the #55 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Flowmon an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Flowmon is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Network Analytics: Flowmon vs Cisco Secure Network Analytics. Flowmon is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is Flowmon ?

Flowmon is a professional tool for effective network troubleshooting, performance monitoring, capacity planning, encrypted traffic analysis and cloud monitoring. Instead of just the red/green infrastructure status, it helps NetOps teams to understand user experience while keeping the amount of data noise and analytical work to a minimum. Flowmon is a part of the Kemp product portfolio.

Flowmon was previously known as Flowmon Anomaly Detection System.

Flowmon Customers

SEGA

Flowmon Video

Flowmon Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Flowmon pricing:
  • "The licensing fee accrues only once, but that of support is annual."
  • "It works with a permanent license, and then you can pay for the support. For the gold support, you need to pay yearly."
  • "The price of the solution could be better."
  • Flowmon Reviews

Product specialist Network Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Security Solutions at a construction company with 11-50 employees
    Reseller
    A stable and scalable solution allowing for the visibility of and the blocking of threats
    • "The solution is stable."
    • "The licensing price could be better."

What is our primary use case?

The solution can be used to continually detect different kinds of anomalies using various methods within the solution.

What is most valuable?

The solution is both stable and scalable and we are happy with the product. There is a need to position this solution between the normal security parameters which companies normally have. There is the endpoint security of the firewalls. Usually, the customer is missing the lateral movements within the network. This means that a server which has communicated with a user is not visible within the firewall or endpoint security tools. This is where the solution can be beneficial, to search for and block these kinds of threats.

What needs improvement?

The licensing price could be better.

I have been using Flowmon Anomaly Detection System for a couple of years.

Network Monitoring Software
    January 2023
    Find out what your peers are saying about Progress Software, Zabbix, Plixer and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
    670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

The tech support is the same as that concerning the MPN part.

The solution is easy to install, although the subsequent configuration entails a certain amount of work. But, this is normal and attends every ADS tool.

The price of the license could be lower.

The licensing for the solution and its support must be purchased separately. The licensing fee accrues only once, but that of support is annual.

What other advice do I have?

We have a single customer who makes use of the solution. It is still pretty new to us, as we initially focused on the MPN part.

I would recommend the solution to others.

I rate Flowmon Anomaly Detection System as an eight out of ten.

Reseller
    An open platform with good integration, easy installation, and good stability and scalability
    • "It is an open platform, so in terms of integration, we are quite happy. We can integrate it with other SNMP solutions. We can also integrate it with security solutions, such as a SIEM solution."
    • "It would be helpful to have more details about the monitoring of the infrastructure. It should have support for SNMP. This is something that is currently not there in the product."

What is our primary use case?

We are not the end-users. We are a reseller. There are a lot of use cases, but it is mostly used for detecting performance-related issues in the network.

What is most valuable?

It is helpful when there are problems related to performance in the network. If people or users are complaining that the network is slow, Flowmon can easily detect the cause of the network problem.

It is an open platform, so in terms of integration, we are quite happy. We can integrate it with other SNMP solutions. We can also integrate it with security solutions, such as a SIEM solution.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful to have more details about the monitoring of the infrastructure. It should have support for SNMP. This is something that is currently not there in the product.

I have been using it for a really long time.

It is stable.

It is a scalable solution. We currently have 10 customers.

We are providing first-level technical support as a reseller. For the second-level or third-level support, we get assistance from Flowmon.

It is done in one hour. Most of the time, we have two or three people for deployment. They are from the technical side and admin side.

It works with a permanent license, and then you can pay for the support. For the gold support, you need to pay yearly.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. We are quite happy with it.

I would rate Flowmon an eight out of 10.

Network Monitoring Software
    January 2023
    670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Key Account Manager at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
    Effective artificial intelligence, useful automatic detection, and high level support
    • "The artificial intelligence and automatic detection system in Flowmon Solution are perfect for every, type of customer, such as government and commerce."
    • "If there was better visualization in Flowmon Solution it would be good."

What is our primary use case?

Our clients use Flowmon Solution for important network monitoring and analysis.

What is most valuable?

The artificial intelligence and automatic detection system in Flowmon Solution are perfect for every, type of customer, such as government and commerce.

What needs improvement?

If there was better visualization in Flowmon Solution it would be good.

I have been using Flowmon Solution for approximately six years.

I have found Flowmon Solution to be stable.

Flowmon Solution is scalable.

The support from the solution is very good.

I would rate the support of Flowmon Solution an eight out of ten.

The price of the solution could be better.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is they should try this solution because they have a one-month period for free. If they want to try it, it's best to download a virtual machine with Flowmon and test it in their environment.

I rate Flowmon Solution an eight out of ten.

There are many comparable solutions on the market and all solutions have improvements.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Progress Software, Zabbix, Plixer, and more!
    Updated: January 2023