IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Domo OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Domo is #3 ranked solution in top Business Performance Management tools, #6 ranked solution in top Data Visualization tools, #7 ranked solution in top Reporting Tools, and #12 ranked solution in top Business Intelligence Tools. PeerSpot users give Domo an average rating of 8 out of 10. Domo is most commonly compared to Tableau: Domo vs Tableau. Domo is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Domo?

Domo is a cloud-based, mobile-first BI platform that helps companies drive more value from their data by helping organizations better integrate, interpret and use data to drive timely decision making and action across the business. The Domo platform enhances existing data warehouse and BI tools and allows users to build custom apps, automate data pipelines, and make data science accessible for anyone through automated insights that can be shared with internal or external stakeholders.

Find more information on The Business Cloud Here.

Domo was previously known as corda.

Domo Customers

Capco, SABMiller, Stance, eBay, Sage North America, Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, Telus, The Cliffs, OGIO International Inc., and many more!

Domo Video

Domo Reviews

Senior Software Engineer at a real estate/law firm with 10,001+ employees
Easy to connect to and visualize a data source, but the export functionality could be improved
  • "In Workbench 5, they have come up with a very useful feature called Upsert. When you're pushing data into the data set, if the data is already available it will update the data, and if that the data is not there it will insert it. That is a beneficial feature that they introduced in the latest version."
  • "When you're exporting a graph out of Domo — suppose it is in the form of a donut chart or it is in form of a stack — the data comes out in tabular format, not as a graph. When exporting the data, I would like them to create a tab for graphs and another tab with the data in tabular format."

What is our primary use case?

We use it to work on many business problems using the data visualization. Currently, I'm working for a company which deals with title insurance. We use Domo to visualize the data: How many open orders are created, which agent performed better, which region got the most orders, how many were closed or lost. Our company has data related to mortgages so that's what we use it on. In our division, directors and VPs get insight from the data. Workbench is deployed on-premises and then we have a web application, a cloud application, for visualization purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

Users can log in and directly view the data. Unlike some other visualization tools, they don't need to play around. They don't need to do more steps, like with Tableau or Power BI. Those solutions are a little bit complicated whereas Domo is quite helpful.

What is most valuable?

There are so many charts available to visualize our data in various ways. There are donut charts, stack charts, bar graphs, and we have geographic displays. We can select things based on the given requirements and on what needs to be displayed.  In Workbench 5, they have come up with a very useful feature called Upsert. When you're pushing data into the data set, if the data is already available it will update the data, and if that the data is not there it will insert it. That is a beneficial feature that they introduced in the latest version. It's very user-friendly. When you get into Domo you just search for what they call a card, the one which will serve your purpose. You can click on it and you see the visualization. To see the data, you just click on the card and you can view it. You can also export those reports as well. Connecting Workbench to your data source is really easy and then you can visualize it or choose among many other options. You can connect through Amazon Redshift, or any AWS-based database, or any cloud-based data sets. You can also upload your data set through Excel and CSV files. It provides a lot of convenience. They also provide many plugins to collate data. If you want to extract the data from Facebook, Twitter, etc., the plugins are built-in. All you need to do is add the plugins to your Domo Workbench and you can extract the data.

What needs improvement?

Domo as a solution can be improved in various ways. For example, when you're exporting a graph out of Domo — suppose it is in the form of a donut chart or it is in form of a stack — the data comes out in tabular format, not as a graph. When exporting the data, I would like them to create a tab for graphs and another tab with the data in tabular format.
Business Intelligence (BI) Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Domo, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Domo for more than two years.

When we started using Domo, it was only one or two years old and it wasn't quite stable. It was still in development/beta mode, but now it's quite stable.

It's quite scalable because they keep on adding new features. It keeps up with the market trends.

We used Tableau prior to using Domo. It was because of the organization and licensing that we switched to Domo.

The initial setup is very straightforward. All you need to do is have Workbench set up in an on-prem server, and you need Domo access, the cloud link. That's it, and you're ready to develop or publish any report. It doesn't take much time. All you need to do is create a data set and, once your data set is available, you create cards. However long it takes you to create a card is how long it takes until you have results.

Domo consultants will be assigned to each of your projects. They are really helpful if you come across any gap. You can directly contact them, have a call with them, and they will help a lot. That's part of their standard tech support. In our organization, Domo is widely used. The division I work in has one of Domo's staff to support us, dedicatedly our division. Somebody else is assigned to another division.

It's saving use effort and time but I can't talk about how they affect ROI because I'm not familiar with the cost of the solution.

I'm familiar with Tableau. Tableau is more evolved and has many more features than Domo does, but Domo is still evolving. At some point in time it may be in a parallel position. One of the major differences between them is the UI look and feel. In that area, Tableau is better. In Domo, you upload the data set and then you create the job which will be NRT — near real-time. You keep on scheduling the job; you can schedule it to run every minute. But in Tableau you can have a data set cached in your system or you can have a live data set from the DB. You can directly connect it from the database.

What other advice do I have?

There are more than 500 people using it in our company, although that's just a rough estimate. They are mostly in high-level management: SVPs, VPs, and CFOs. And it doesn't take many people to support and maintain it. It's low-maintenance. It's a good tool, overall. I would rate it at seven out of 10. There are a few features that Domo doesn't have. If they keep on adding features and work on the UI, that could make it a 10. I would rate Tableau higher.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Download our free Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Domo, Tableau, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: June 2022