IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

DataRobot OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DataRobot is #4 ranked solution in top Predictive Analytics tools. PeerSpot users give DataRobot an average rating of 8 out of 10. DataRobot is most commonly compared to Alteryx: DataRobot vs Alteryx. DataRobot is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Predictive Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is DataRobot?

DataRobot captures the knowledge, experience and best practices of the world’s leading data scientists, delivering unmatched levels of automation and ease-of-use for machine learning initiatives. DataRobot enables users to build and deploy highly accurate machine learning models in a fraction of the time.

DataRobot Customers

Harmoney, Zidisha, ONE Marketing, DonorBureau, Trupanion, Avant

DataRobot Video

DataRobot Pricing Advice

What users are saying about DataRobot pricing:
  • "We dropped the plan to use DataRobot, because we found the pricing to be on the higher sise. We liked DataRobot a lot, but due to the pricing, we dropped that idea."
  • "The price of DataRobot is good because if you take the price of the solution which is approximately $65,000, it is less than a data scientist. There are very few data scientists available."
  • DataRobot Reviews

Pavan KumarKurapati - PeerSpot reviewer
    Data Scientist at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Has a set of good features and an easy setup
    • "We especially like the initial part of feature engineering, because feature engineering is included in most engines, but DataRobot has an excellent way of picking up the right features."
    • "If we could include our existing Python or R code in DataRobot, we could make it even better. The DataRobot that we have is specific to an industry, but most of the time we would have our own algorithms, which are specific to our own use case. If we had a way by which we could integrate our proprietary things into DataRobot with a simple integration, it would help us a lot."

What is our primary use case?

We are a healthcare startup, so we work with both the healthcare insurance providers as well as the hospitals. We are developing a robotic process automation system for both the insurance part and the hospital side of the healthcare industry. In that operating process automation, we plan to imbibe intelligence, with the help of machine learning.

What is most valuable?

We especially like the initial part of feature engineering, because feature engineering is included in most engines, but DataRobot has an excellent way of picking up the right features.

What needs improvement?

If we could include our existing Python or R code in DataRobot, we could make it even better. The DataRobot that we have is specific to an industry, but most of the time we would have our own algorithms, which are specific to our own use case. If we had a way by which we could integrate our proprietary things into DataRobot with simple integration, it would help us a lot.

I chose this solution about nine months ago.
    Predictive Analytics
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about DataRobot, RapidMiner, Alteryx and others in Predictive Analytics. Updated: June 2022.
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

To be honest, I did not spend much time on it, but in the limited time that I worked with DataRobot, I found it to be stable. If I would have spent more time, maybe I would have provided a better assessment, but for the time that I worked on it, I found it to be good.

I found the initial setup to be simple. Maybe if we were in a large scale deployment when we purchased it, the setup difficulty would be different, but at least in the initial version, I found it to be simple and straightforward.

We dropped the plan to use DataRobot because we found the pricing to be on the higher side. We liked DataRobot a lot, but due to the pricing, we dropped that idea.

We are a new startup organization and we are in the process of evaluating various tools. During the process, we happened to install the free version of DataRobot. Because of the pricing issue, we dropped that idea. Otherwise, we thought it was good.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this, provided there can be integration of our existing R or Python code. Maybe the structure during the permanent phase of deployment could also be made better. That would help most people. I would rate this solution as eight out of ten.

Head of Data and Analytics at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
    Reseller
    Easy to use, priced well, and can be customized
    • "DataRobot can be easy to use."
    • "The business departments will love to work with DataRobot because they use the tool to investigate their data, such as targeting what they want to investigate. They don't need any data scientists near them. They can investigate at eye level and bring into the BI tool, or can bring it to the data scientist. Data scientists can use this tool to bring increase the solution to the maximum. All the others can use it, but not to the maximum."

What is our primary use case?

DataRobot is used to create models and monitor them as an MLOps. Additionally, to work as pre-processing, to create more features based on their data. It's helping build models much better. By using DataRobot you are using data science capabilities.

The type of deployment model depends on the company, but a lot prefer the cloud rather than on-premise. However, some specific data needs to be not on-premise. Most companies want to be in the cloud, but not all the data is relevant there.

What is most valuable?

DataRobot can be easy to use.

I have been using DataRobot for approximately two years.

The price of DataRobot is good because if you take the price of the solution which is approximately $65,000, it is less than a data scientist. There are very few data scientists available.

What other advice do I have?

The business departments will love to work with DataRobot because they use the tool to investigate their data, such as targeting what they want to investigate. They don't need any data scientists near them. They can investigate at eye level and bring into the BI tool, or can bring it to the data scientist. Data scientists can use this tool to bring increase the solution to the maximum. All the others can use it, but not to the maximum.

A data scientist can bring it to the maximum level, by fine-tuning it to create a lot of models. However, the BI can be used to build models and investigate their data, and they don't need to understand the mathematics behind it. This is one of the amazing things because on the business side you can use, Business One,  BI, and marketing. All these people can work with DataRobot and can create a model or create their vision, and then the BI can build it.

I rate DataRobot a ten out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner, Reseller