IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Dataiku Data Science Studio OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Dataiku Data Science Studio is #8 ranked solution in top Data Science Platforms. PeerSpot users give Dataiku Data Science Studio an average rating of 10 out of 10. Dataiku Data Science Studio is most commonly compared to Databricks: Dataiku Data Science Studio vs Databricks. Dataiku Data Science Studio is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 72% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Data Science Platforms Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Dataiku Data Science Studio?

Dataiku Data Science Studio is the collaborative data science software platform for teams of data scientists, data analysts, and engineers to explore, prototype, build, and deliver their own data products more efficiently.

Dataiku Data Science Studio is also known as Dataiku DSS. This solution enables you to discover, share, and reuse code and applications so that you can deliver high-quality projects easily and streamline your path to production. As an enterprise leader, you can leverage the power of AI to confidently make business decisions.

With Dataiku, an intuitive interface is guaranteed and allows users the ability to access and work with data using a point-and-click method. Dataiku analyzes the data to suggest key transformations. Beyond offering 109 data transformation capabilities, Dataiku also includes pipelines that can be generated in SQL which can thereafter be scheduled for automated recomputation.

What's more, Dataiku allows you to create more than 20 different kinds of charts and also gives you the ability to deploy them into dashboards or create custom web applications for the use of interactive and sophisticated visualization tools.

In addition, with Dataiku you have the option of using an in-depth statistical analysis, including but not limited to: curves fitting, univariate and bivariate analysis, principal component analysis, correlation analysis, and statistical tests.

Dataiku Data Science Studio Consists Of:

• ML Ops
  • Analytic Apps

With Dataiku Data Science Studio You Can:

• Integrate any data 10x faster
  • Build and automate sophisticated data pipelines
  • Build and share insights in minutes
  • Perform in-depth statistical analysis
  • Create thousands of models to find the best ones
  • Explore and explain models

Dataiku Data Science Studio Benefits and Features:

• Use your favorite languages and tools: You can create code working with tools you are already familiar with in the language you prefer (Python, R, SQL, etc.)
  • Easily reuse and share code: This feature helps you reduce inefficiencies and inconsistent data. Dataiku includes project libraries, allowing teams to centralize and share code. Although it comes pre-loaded with starter code for tasks, it also provides you with the ability to add your own code snippets.
  • Simplify complexities related to connecting to data and configuring computer resources: With this feature, data scientists can execute code in both a containerized and distributed way, while also selecting the runtime environment they want. Dataiku works to maintain those containers as well as shut them down when the job is completed.

Features Users Find Most Valuable:

• Search/Filter
  • Monitoring
  • Workflow Management

Reviews from Real Users

IT Central Station users note that Dataiku Data Science Studio has a fantastic interface and is also flexible, intuitive, and stable. One user said "I like the interface, which is probably my favorite part of the solution. It is really user-friendly for an IT person." Another user mentioned “The best feature is the user interface. It allows us to see the visual flows.”

Dataiku Data Science Studio was previously known as Dataiku DSS.

Dataiku Data Science Studio Customers

BGL BNP Paribas, Dentsu Aegis, Link Mobility Group, AramisAuto

Dataiku Data Science Studio Video

Dataiku Data Science Studio Reviews

DeveshSingh - PeerSpot reviewer
Data Scientist II at Alumnus Software Ltd.
Flexible and intuitive with good stability
  • "The solution is quite stable."
  • "The interface for the web app can be a bit difficult. It needs to have better capabilities, at least for developers who like to code. This is due to the fact that everything is enabled in a single window with different tabs. For them to actually develop and do the concurrent testing that needs to be done, it takes a bit of time. That is one improvement that I would like to see - from a web app developer perspective."

What is most valuable?

The best feature is the user interface. It allows us to see the visual flows.  The intuitiveness of the software itself is very good.  It has both click or code flexibility, which is quite useful. I already have coding knowledge, so I go for coding as my go-to method of interaction. However, for a normal person that may not have a background in coding, the visual lists are really great. It makes it easy for non-IT individuals to navigate everything. The pricing is very good. The solution is quite stable. You can scale the solution well.

What needs improvement?

When the flows get complex, there are too many data sets on them. Normal users will get confused by the influx of information. This was a problem up until recently, however, they have since resolved it. Now, there's a feature called Zones(introduced in version 8) that allows users to collapse multiple flows into a single flow. It allows everyone to easily carry on with their work. Other than that issue, that has now been resolved, there isn't anything lacking by way of features. The interface for the web app can be a bit difficult. It needs to have better capabilities, at least for developers who like to code. This is due to the fact that everything is enabled in a single window with different tabs. For them to actually develop and do the concurrent testing that needs to be done, it takes a bit of time. That is one improvement that I would like to see - from a web app developer perspective.

I've been using the solution for more than a year at this point.

The solution is pretty stable. Since ours is a shared platform, the solution does freeze sometimes when a complex model is training or if you keep too many notebooks open the in-memory after editing. Though the usage has been optimised by admin end using resource control. Clearing notebook memory and job logs through in-built macros keep the solution stable.
Data Science Platforms
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Dataiku, Alteryx, Databricks and others in Data Science Platforms. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is scalable. It has the power to integrate the cloud platform. This makes scalability both possible and easy.  We have ~50 developers/users working with the solution right now.

Technical support is really, really good. It's excellent, actually. If you click on the "get help" button and you mark it as urgent, you get a reply from the CTO himself. I find that most of my conversations are direct with the CTO, and that's due to the fact that most of the time my questions are quite complex. They're very knowledgeable and are able to assist us very well. They always reply very promptly. We're quite satisfied with their level of support. I'd rate it overall four out of five from a solutions perspective.

I haven't used another solution. This is my first as we are just growing this space within our organization.

I didn't handle the initial setup of the solution. Therefore, I can't speak to how difficult of complex the setup was.

This solution is cheaper than other competitors. It's less expensive, for example, than Alteryx or any other product.

What other advice do I have?

While I started using version 5.1 of the solution, I've currently updated it to 7.0.1. I would recommend the solution. It's affordable and user-friendly. Overall, I'd rate it nine out of ten. I'd rate it higher, however, I don't have enough experience with other similar solutions, therefore, it's hard to compare.

Hamdi Charksi - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Data Engineer at One Point
The model is very useful

What is our primary use case?

The use case is data science, and we've deployed Data Science Studio in multiple regions for four environments: dev, preset, pre-production, and production.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution responds to the requirements of the business team.

What is most valuable?

Data Science Studio's data science model is very useful.

What needs improvement?

I think it would help if Data Science Studio added some more features and improved the data model.

We've been using Data Science Studio for three years.

Data Science Studio is stable.

Data Science Studio is horizontally scalable.

Setting up Data Science Studio was simple, and deployment took about three months. You only need around three people to deploy and maintain.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Dataiku Data Science Studio nine out of 10.

Download our free Data Science Platforms Report and find out what your peers are saying about Dataiku, Alteryx, Databricks, and more!
Updated: June 2022