We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Check Point Remote Access VPN OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Remote Access VPN is #3 ranked solution in top Remote Access tools and top Enterprise Infrastructure VPN tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Remote Access VPN an average rating of 8 out of 10. Check Point Remote Access VPN is most commonly compared to Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client: Check Point Remote Access VPN vs Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Check Point Remote Access VPN is popular among the midsize enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Check Point Remote Access VPN?

Provide users with secure, seamless remote access to corporate networks and resources when traveling or working remotely. Privacy and integrity of sensitive information is ensured through multi-factor authentication, endpoint system compliance scanning and encryption of all transmitted data.

Check Point Remote Access VPN was previously known as Check Point Remote Access VPN, Check Point Endpoint Remote Access VPN.

Check Point Remote Access VPN Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Remote Access VPN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Check Point Remote Access VPN Customers

Osmose, International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)

Check Point Remote Access VPN Video

Archived Check Point Remote Access VPN Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Tech Security Management at a logistics company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Simple management, quick search capabilities, and very good stability
  • "The management of the solution is very simple. It allows for a single view of all the endpoints."
  • "I cannot see the full effect of the endpoint solution because it relies on having access to the DNF queries, which might not go through the Check Point firewall when you're using it for perimeter networks. Check Point will not identify the actual source of the net queries. This may be related to the architecture, however, and not poor product issues. I don't know if it can be improved on the Check Point side or not."

What is most valuable?

The differentiator for this solution is the management interface that we find very good and provides a single view for all endpoints. The solution offers SmartLog that allows quick searches. The compliance modules are also very interesting.

What needs improvement?

I cannot see the full effect of the antibot solution because it relies on having access to the DNS queries, which might not go through the Check Point firewall when you're using it for perimeter networks. In this case Check Point will not identify the actual source of the DNS queries associated with antibot activity. This may be related to the customer architecture, however, and not due to product limitation. I don't know if it can be improved on the Check Point side or not.

The solution should allow for the automatic identification of destinations.

We have a URL qualification on the on-premises deployment model; this should also be the case on the cloud. The automatic classification should be done by the cloud team instead of having to specify or subscribe to a RSS for the information, we should be able to have an object that represents such cloud services. It's possible that Check Point already allows for this, but if they don't they should.

We've been using the solution for about 20 years.

The solution is very stable.

The stability depends on the setup. If the solution resides on a specific appliance, it is not scalable. It has a fixed capacity. However, if you move it onto different environments, cloud environments, it will become scalable. Right now, we have about 4,000 users in the current network and about 500 remote access users.

Technical support is reasonable. It depends on the level of support you are willing to pay for, however. You can choose to have a company working for you with intermediate support with Check Point, or you can choose to have direct advanced support.

The initial setup has a moderate amount of complexity. It's acceptable. However, the graphical display of the user chart of network usage, and the ability to zero in on the current graphics could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

We currently only use the on-premises deployment model, although we may extend into the cloud in the future. We're aware of the cloud's capabilities, but we're not using it because we don't have a large infrastructure expression there.

In terms of advice, I'd suggest that others implementing the solution make sure training happens on their teams. Most products can have lots of features, but if you do not have proper knowledge, you will not be able to make use of those features.

I'm very satisfied with this solution; I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Adriano-Simao
IT System Integrator at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
A secure solution that's reliable and scalable
  • "The ability to create your trigger data domains is the solution's most valuable feature."
  • "The interface itself needs improvement. When you need to create something, you have to go through a lot of steps. It needs to be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to have a secure connection and to offer security integration with our remote office as well as some other companies.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The solution should include the ability to integrate the equipment's functionality with others. For example, we would like Checkpoint to be able to integrate easily to the public key infrastructure. According to Checkpoint, there is no use case for this right now.

I've been using the solution for two years.

The solution has been very scalable for us up until now. Currently, we have two data centers and we are running two Checkpoints for the facility to spread the workload.

The process is mainly straightforward.

We started only with the firewall components and this part was straightforward. Once we started to implement the VPN, we had to work with the reseller. Now, we are handling it ourselves.

We handled the implementation ourselves with the assistance of resellers.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises deployment model.

Checkpoint is very strong and very reliable. I would advise that those considering implementing the product go to a Checkpoint training session before implementing the solution. It's good to be familiar with the product beforehand.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Remote Access VPN. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,729 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user147558
Network Engineer at a tech consulting company with 51-200 employees
Gives users the ability to work from home. It would be great if the Java applet could run without admin permission.

Valuable Features

Firewall and SSL VPN

Improvements to My Organization

One of the features that is very valuable to our agency is SSL VPN software blade which gives users the ability to work from home.

Room for Improvement

The SSL VPN needs a Java applet to be installed and it is also dependent on the latest version of java. If our users use their work laptops at home they don’t have the permission to install anything that would be great if this applet can run without administrator permission.

Use of Solution

4-5 years

We haven't encountered any issues with deployment.

We haven't encountered any issues with stability.

We haven't encountered any issues with scalability.

Valuable Features

Firewall and SSL VPN

Improvements to My Organization

Room for Improvement

Use of Solution

4-5 years

We haven't encountered any issues with deployment.

We haven't encountered any issues with stability.

We haven't encountered any issues with scalability.

Customer Service: ExcellentTechnical Support: Excellent

It is definitely not a complex procedure.

Implementation Team

In-house, with a CheckPoint engineer’s assistance, Excellent.
Download our free Check Point Remote Access VPN Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.