IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

BrowserStack OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

BrowserStack is #9 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give BrowserStack an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. BrowserStack is most commonly compared to Perfecto: BrowserStack vs Perfecto. BrowserStack is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
BrowserStack Buyer's Guide

Download the BrowserStack Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is BrowserStack?
BrowserStack is a cloud-based cross-browser testing tool that enables developers to test their websites across various browserson different operating systems and mobile devices, without requiring users to install virtual machines, devices or emulators.
BrowserStack Customers
Microsoft, RBS, jQuery, Expedia, Citrix, AIG
BrowserStack Video

Archived BrowserStack Reviews (more than two years old)

Shekhar Kapil - PeerSpot reviewer
Team Lead at Nagarro
Easy to set up and has good stability
  • "The setup was quite simple. The website easily explains how to set it up and if you want to integrate it with BMP tools there are online simple step tutorials."
  • "I would like for there to be more integration with BrowserStack and other platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We switched to BrowserStack because we didn't have enough devices so we moved to a cloud-based solution.

What needs improvement?

I would like for there to be more integration with BrowserStack and other platforms. One of our clients had Ranorex which is a solution that has a problem with automation on regional devices. It also provides record and play functionalities. Our client proposed integration with BrowserStack but it's not available. I would like for both web applications to be linked. There should be a solution for mobile-based automation.

It's very stable.

I have contacted technical support two or three times. They are good but I don't understand the hierarchy. They initially answer with some documentation and then they escalate it. There should be the option to schedule a call with them because people can't always find the solution through the documentation. I would like for them to have direct calls with their clients.

BrowserStack
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about BrowserStack. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The setup was quite simple. The website easily explains how to set it up and if you want to integrate it with BPM tools there are online simple step tutorials.

The deployment takes around two weeks.

For small scale projects with 200-500 test cases involved, it is costly. But if it's a large project then it is much cheaper than purchasing real devices.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine out of ten considering how easy it is to set up.

They should improve the query resolution.

It is a good tool. We have multiple products that use it for automation.

it_user379608 - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Operations Engineer at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
We were able to connect to our web-application without much additional configuration.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was that it was very easy to connect to our web-application without much additional configuration. So we could do very quick checks to get fast feedback.

How has it helped my organization?

It helped us a lot to accomplish our testing related goals and helped to provide better service to our customer, but I don’t think that it changed our organization functioning that much.

What needs improvement?

I would like application performance improvement to be better as, for me, it looked a bit slow. For example, loading one page sometime took 10-15 seconds.

Maybe about a year. We didn’t use it permanently, but from time to time when we needed to check how does UI look in different browsers.

There were no issues with the deployment.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

The application was very self-explanatory so I didn’t have to ask for technical support.

This was recommended and tried first by my colleague. I may have used some different solutions previously but I don’t recall them.

There was no set-up as it is web application. You just open the page and connect it to our server.

This was done by my colleague, I just got a user account from him.

What other advice do I have?

We needed to test our application in different browsers and BrowserStack had all the configurations we needed. There were some small issues though, but they haven’t prevented us from using the product. I think that product was easy to use. It was fast to start with it and didn’t need any additional technical knowledge.

BrowserStack
August 2022
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user371391 - PeerSpot reviewer
QA Offshore Lead at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It has support for the automation of web applications designed with Selenium and Java.

Valuable Features:

The product support for different OS and mobile devices is awesome. Most importantly, it has support for Automation of web application designed with Selenium and Java. With few configuration set up , we can able to execute automation scripts without any difficulty.

Improvements to My Organization:

We are in the process of execution of our Automation scripts on different OS and devices. BrowserStack has given us an opportunity to validate on different mobile devices versions without much difficulty.

Room for Improvement:

Though, it has great build in functions and support , we found there is a room for improvement mainly.

The real challenges I noticed when I ran few tests with Test NG :

• Unable to see the remote view while testing on real iOS devices - when we run the automation scripts, we do not see the real execution on mobile devices in a snapshot view but at the moment we only see text and visual logs for these devices.
  • File upload to run tests on mobile devices (real iOS devices, iOS simulators (iPhoneDriver) - upload a local file from local machine while executing the test. This functionality is only supported on the desktop browsers.
  • BrowserStack does not support file upload for automation - the WebDriver used to run tests on mobile devices (real iOS devices in beta (Appium), iOS simulators (iPhoneDriver) and Android emulators (AndroidDriver)) do not support this feature. Thus, we are not be able to test file uploads on mobile devices.

Other Advice:

I would advise you to try the product using the trial version and validate your functionality with different devices to check the set-up time, stability and in built functions support.

Don Ingerson - PeerSpot reviewer
Don IngersonQA Automation Engineer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
ExpertTop 5Consultant

Arif,
Thank you for the clarification.
Regards,
Don

it_user371469 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It makes it possible to verify my product in all the latest devices and different OS's.

What is most valuable?

I like the resolution of virtual browsers. Also running Javascript for autorun speed is superb.

How has it helped my organization?

As per my experience, we are not suppose to bound our product with particular devices/OS. BrowserStack makes it possible to verify my product in all latest devices and different OS.

What needs improvement?

I used it for a week an half. As I used it for compatibility testing only. I used it for mobile browsers as well as desktop browsers for different OS.

Sometimes the mobile devices can crash. But not I'm not sure about the particular steps to generate this issue.

Hats off to their Customer Service. For automation set up, I call them multiple times, but they are very supportive.

I had some other options for cross browser testing, but I found this product easy to use.

Initial set-up is easy, but if you start with automation, it's bit confusing and I found it tough to set-up. I required help from developers.

Initial setup is easy, but if you start with automation, its bit confusing and I found it tough to setup. I required help from developers.

A step to great quality

What other advice do I have?

For UI testing it is easy to use. But for automation perspective, configuration is lil bit confusing for the first time user. They are doing great job by maintaining the performance of this product.

Consultant with 1,001-5,000 employees
We're able to share screenshots instantly, but it's not widely used enough by companies that could benefit from it.

Valuable Features:

SPEED! Very fast, every browser, everything you need.

Improvements to My Organization:

Sharing screenshots instantly and having quick, reliable VMs.

Room for Improvement:

Maybe advertise more? I know there are companies out there that would benefit greatly from your products.

Download our free BrowserStack Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022