IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Ataccama DQ Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ataccama DQ Analyzer is #3 ranked solution in top Data Scrubbing Software. PeerSpot users give Ataccama DQ Analyzer an average rating of 8 out of 10. Ataccama DQ Analyzer is most commonly compared to Talend Data Quality: Ataccama DQ Analyzer vs Talend Data Quality. Ataccama DQ Analyzer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 76% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
What is Ataccama DQ Analyzer?
DQ Analyzer (DQA) combines advanced data profiling and analysis capabilities with a point-and-click interface that is simple enough for business managers to use without extensive training.

Ataccama DQ Analyzer was previously known as DQ Analyzer.

Ataccama DQ Analyzer Customers
University of Arizona
Ataccama DQ Analyzer Video

Archived Ataccama DQ Analyzer Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user830580 - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Helps us understand data quality, from multiple sources, in layman's terms
  • "The data profile itself is excellent. You can understand the quality of the data in layman's terms."
  • "Although DQA can fetch data from most of the commonly used data sources, it has limited modifiers to get data, meaning that the number of technologies from which the data can be acquired is limited. For example, DQA does not support fetching data from Twitter or Facebook. Many competitors have this feature."

What is our primary use case?

DQA is a data profiler.

How has it helped my organization?

My organization's requirement was to build a centralized, quality data repository by accumulating client data from various source systems. This tool helped in understanding the quality of the data available in each system. By understanding the existing data from various source systems, we were able to arrive at the requirements for a data quality plan, and create a separate plan to improve the data quality.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

What other advice do I have?

DQA is similar to Ataccama ONE. One difference is that DQA is an IDE-based data profiler. The IDE is built on Eclipse. All you have to do is import the data and set up the metadata of that data, write the data and select profile. This gives you the complete profile of the data, detailing the data quality and consistency. I would rate it an eight out of 10. It has most of the necessary features needed, and almost all features available in a competitor's product. However, there is scope for improvement.
Senior Architect at a construction company with 51-200 employees

What is most valuable?

Easy to configure, fun and easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

I was able to ascertain that elements of information was or was not of value to the migration process. Thus savings money in the migration project.

What needs improvement?

It is a free product. I would like to be able to control the batch size i.e. number of records it processes at a time when it generates its report. The non-free version has much more capabilities and I did not have the occasion to try it.

Since 2009

Nope. Very easy and straight forward.

It is very stable.

It is very fast but could be faster if it had the possibility to change the batch size. See my room for improvement comments above.

Customer Service: Not rated because we never have been a registered user.Technical Support: Ataccama has a user forum where personal from Ataccama answered very quickly for the few questions we asked.

No. But I did try Talend DQ Profiler and it sucks compared to DQ Analyzer.

Very easy setup.

In-house.

Yes. But this solution was cost effective (free) for what we needed to do.

What other advice do I have?

Ataccama has videos to help you get started. Its product is easy to explore without fear of breaking anything.
it_user147567 - PeerSpot reviewer
FEA Engineer at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
For small databases, it is fast and convenient.

Valuable Features:

Profiling and cleansing

Improvements to My Organization:

I was running a project for a client, they had a large database for 20+ years. I needed Ataccama DQ Analyzer to find missing data, wrong pattern data, miss placing data, typos, and so on.

Room for Improvement:

I remember one disadvantage, I couldn't load large database to Ataccama DQ Analyzer. One time I had one single database close to 180G which was not able to load to Ataccama DQ Analyzer, and had to use another solution.

Use of Solution:

I used Ataccama DQ Analyzer for 2 years.

Deployment Issues:

Stability Issues:

Scalability Issues:

Initial Setup:

Straightforward. Very easy to follow.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

Free

Other Solutions Considered:

No, Ataccama DQ Analyzer was the first one I tried.

Other Advice:

For small databases, it is fast and convenient.