Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

ADP Workforce Now OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Benefits Administration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is ADP Workforce Now?

ADP Workforce Now is a web-based, complete HR suite that integrates the essential payroll and human resource management procedures into a single database-driven platform. This safe and simple solution gives you everything you need to maximize your workforce and communicate with your staff.

ADP Workforce Now is designed specifically for your company's needs. As a result, the menus and menu selections you see will differ depending on your function and the services your firm uses. As a portal administrator, you customize the site and control what employees can view and do. You can design your site's theme, set approval and notification processes, and manage security groups.

ADP Workforce Now includes these useful capabilities:

• Payroll computation and tax filing
  • Performance regulation
  • Compensation handling
  • Talent acquisition
  • Time and labor logistics
  • Benefits governance
  • Analytics
  • Total management of human resources

ADP Workforce Now Features

ADP Workforce Now has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Single dashboard, single database: Manage your whole workforce from a single dashboard, which is powered by a single database, ensuring that the relevant data is always available when you need it.
    • Get a complete HR suite that includes payroll, time, HR, talent, and benefits all in one place.
    • Enter data once and it will function across all workflows
    • With proactive error detection and can't-miss alerts, you can cut down on mistakes.
    • Protect your business with enterprise-grade data security privacy procedures and extensive compliance experience.
  • Powerful analytics and reporting: With a single database that connects your entire firm, you can access all of your data in one location.

• Create better reports in less time, without ever leaving the page you're on.

• Make use of machine learning and artificial intelligence to help you make confident decisions based on personalized information.
  • Robust management of HR: Spend less time on paperwork and more time on managing and improving your employees.
    • Workflows can be customized, and documents can be stored online.
    • Self-service functionalities enable employees and supervisors to be more productive and collaborative.
  • Customized service and implementation: ADP Workforce Now offers community and chat support and a dedicated implementation team.
    • In-house implementation by a team of professionals who understand how to optimize the solution for your industry.
    • For all your questions, ADP Workforce Now offers quick response support, training, and in-product resources.
    • Client-service specialists with years of experience offer deep knowledge and skills to assist, secure, and support your business.
    • Flexible service choices can assist your company in navigating strategic and tactical changes, as well as continual system optimization.
ADP Workforce Now Customers

Lawrence and Schiller, The Children's Center, The Kansas City Royals

ADP Workforce Now Video

Archived ADP Workforce Now Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user772509 - PeerSpot reviewer
Regent Seven Seas Cruises at a leisure / travel company with 51-200 employees
​The payroll and reporting are easy, but prepare for wait times on calls

What is most valuable?

Payroll: It is very easy and user-friendly.

How has it helped my organization?

I was not there when the setup was done.

What needs improvement?

The Call Centre: The extension number takes too many digits to get through and the wait time is too long.

I have used it for my company since March 2017. I just started using it to its fullest capacity three weeks ago.

Benefits Administration
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ADP, UKG, Workday and others in Benefits Administration. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Sometimes with the time card machine.

No issues.

I would rate the technical support somewhere between a seven to nine out of 10.

No, we did not have a previous solution.

I was not there when the setup was done.

It is good.

That is a question for the last HR person who left our company.

What other advice do I have?

Prepare to have wait times on calls.

it_user772512 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sanford Health at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Clean with an easy interface that is simple to maneuver around

What is most valuable?

It is SaaS based, and requires very little IT support. Upgrades happen automatically and with minimal issues on the HR/Payroll side. The product is intuitive and simple to set up and maintain. ADP has devoted significant R&D resources to providing a better product now and in the future. The mobile product also is very good.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been on ADP so long, we do not have any other point of reference.

What needs improvement?

The workflow is a bit weak. The admin security is not intuitive or seamless as other parts of the tool.

Two years.

No issues.

No, but it is designed for small to mid-sized companies. It might be an issue for a bigger companies.

The technical support is good and responsive.

No, we did not previously use a different solution.

Yes, it can be straightforward depending upon the scope. The less functionality with simpler processes, the faster it goes.

Like all contracts, ask questions if you do not understand something. Walk through scenarios around service and terminating the contract that need to be included. Do not take people’s word for things (sales people are not your friends when signing contracts).

We were upgraded from an ADP product, so no evaluation was necessary.

What other advice do I have?

Validate, validate, validate. Make sure everything comes over the way you want. For small to mid-sized companies, Workforce Now is one of the better products on the market. Clean with an easy interface that is simple to maneuver around. It is stable and will continue to improve into the future. Unlike other ADP products, this one stands head and shoulders above other solutions.

Benefits Administration
September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Payroll and AP Specialist at AppNeta
Custom reporting and the GL Interface are a couple of the most valuable features.

What is most valuable?

I love ADP because its robust platform has offered me so many valuable features; namely, custom reporting and the GL Interface.

How has it helped my organization?

Prior to 2017, our company was paid biweekly with two different pay groups while our accounting system was based on monthly periods. The ability to customize the ADP's General Ledger Interface to automatically create a payroll journal entry with accruals dramatically increased efficiency and accuracy for our Finance department.

What needs improvement?

ADP provides a quarterly Error Notification Report that allows you to check for compliance errors based on payments made to employees that quarter. The report only shows employees by their file #; however, the recent ADP upgrade has an "Archive" feature that makes it impossible to search for employees by file number so currently, there is no way to identify the employees listed on the report without calling ADP.

I have been using the newest upgraded platform since September 2016. However, I have been using ADP PayExpert and Workforce Now prior versions since 2012.

Two very small quirks came with the most recent upgrade, which I consider to be miniscule considering we went from version 2 all the way to version 12 in one jump. Firstly, the upgrade has a new section for "Employees Not Paid by ADP" and erroneously added a second position for many employees that changes the process to terminate them if need be. Secondly, there were several issues with custom reporting that needed to be corrected by Technical Support based on the new field names ADP created.

There were no scalability issues at all. I have been an ADP administrator for several different companies, both large and small, each with completely different needs and ADP WFN efficiently handles them all.

Technical support is very good; diligent and 9/10 times, able to correct any issue in one phone call.

We did not previously use a different solution. ADP has always been our solution. However, the most recent upgrade was mandatory since version 2 was becoming obsolete and the platform is very different from the prior versions.

I was not present during the initial setup.

• Offering packaged bundles at discounted rates.

Before choosing this product, we evaluated other options. We use Zenefits' free online HRIS system that came as part of the brokerage and, at one time, considered using their payroll module as well.

What other advice do I have?

It is hard to go wrong with choosing ADP as a solution for nearly any company. Just be sure to understand all of ADP's products and offerings before making a choice since there are so many, and ADP offers discount pricing for bundling products.

it_user641265 - PeerSpot reviewer
Payroll & Benefits Manager with 1,001-5,000 employees
It is web-based and has an app.

What is most valuable?

I love the integration of HR, payroll, tax filing, benefits, time and attendance, GL, ACA, employee/manager self-service, reporting and analytics. We also love that it is web-based (and has an app) and is very customizable.

How has it helped my organization?

We used to have an HR/payroll system and a separate time and attendance, benefits, self-service system. ADP WFN has everything in one site and is so easy to use.

What needs improvement?

Their “new and improved” message center (where you get notifications and go to approve things like time off) is actually not as easy as it used to be. It makes approving items take longer. We hear all the time that managers would like to see their Team Calendar as a monthly view, yet it only has a weekly view. We don’t like that some of the fields can’t be date-driven to keep history (you will not be able to find people’s previous surnames or previous addresses). On the bright side, ADP is continually updating their system, so hopefully they will fix this in a future update.

I have used it for two years.

We did not have any stability issues, at all.

We did not have any scalability issues, at all.

Technical support is 6/10. You do call into a call center. Sometimes you get people that know what they are doing; other times, not so much.

We did previously use a different solution. We switched because we didn’t want multiple systems; we wanted one fully integrated solution.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward, but we did have quite a few issues during the conversion. However, we believe that was due more to the implementation team members themselves than the system.

The pricing can be fairly high depending on which products you wish to have. I did not mind paying more, though, to get the full integration. They were also very flexible with our pricing and matched what we were previously paying for a while.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Ceridian DayForce and Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

Spend as much time as necessary on implementation (don’t rush it and don’t let them rush you). Wait until you are comfortable with moving over. We did use an outside company to help pull in some of our data from our previous company, as ADP wasn’t able to pull in all of our history.

it_user641262 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager - Human Resource Services at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
There's no mobile-friendly version of the Benefits module.

What is most valuable?

• Payroll

How has it helped my organization?

The product allows for accurate, consistent payrolls.

What needs improvement?

Benefits, Recruitment (Applications and Requisitions): The whole module is glitchy and there's no mobile-friendly version.

Talent Management is underdeveloped in the system. We do not have 9- or 4-boxes, along with talent profiles.

Data Management is an issue, as there is no true position control.

Also, there are no imports for some data fields.

Support leaves a lot to be desired.

Lots of dual entry when using WFN with enterprise eTIME (premise).

The message center is not useful at all.

I have used this product for two years.

The product has glitches, and seems sensitive to what web browser one is using and cookie settings.

We encountered scalability issues: Some of the embedded audit tools (especially in the ACA module) do not have an ability to export data. This prevents end users from making large-scale changes. Imports are also based on company codes, which causes multiple loads.

Technical support is 2/10.

I was not around for the initial setup. But migrating from 2.01 to the current version back in 2015 was straightforward, provided that your company has an internal resource who understands the data fields.

I am not involved with the invoicing and do not have a frame of reference here. The invoices are hard to read at times and are hard to validate.

I was not involved with the selection of the product.