Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Zscaler Cloud IPS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Zscaler Cloud IPS is #18 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give Zscaler Cloud IPS an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Zscaler Cloud IPS is most commonly compared to Darktrace: Zscaler Cloud IPS vs Darktrace. Zscaler Cloud IPS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Zscaler Cloud IPS?

Zscaler Cloud IPS enables you to have all threat and alert data in one place. Full user, file and app context is available. Streaming to a SIEM allows further integration into the SOC ecosystem.

The Zscaler Threat Library allows administrators and SOC personnel to drill down on IPS alerts to perform in-depth analysis of threat data within their installation. Search by vulnerability, category or keyword

For more details: https://www.zscaler.com/produc...

Zscaler Cloud IPS Customers

Zenith Live, Azure, Carlsberg Group

Zscaler Cloud IPS Video

Zscaler Cloud IPS Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Zscaler Cloud IPS pricing:
"Zscaler has so far been solely responsible for all the sales we have done with it, so it would be more suited than us to address any issues concerning the pricing."

Zscaler Cloud IPS Reviews

Atdhe Zyhranaj - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Security Consultant at NSCON Network Services & Consulting GmbH
It allows for a separation between cloud applications and URL filtering
  • "The best feature is that Zscaler allows for a separation between cloud applications and URL filtering. For example, under the cloud application segment, I can bypass Microsoft Office 365 without the need to add URLs manually. It's one click, so that's handy."
  • "We recently had a significant issue with Zscaler. I think they have too many customers and some of their connection edge nodes went down because there were too many requests. I think they aren't scaling enough to keep up with the demand in some areas. That's one thing they should improve."

What is our primary use case?

I've used Zscaler mostly for URL filtering, SSL Decryption, etc.

What is most valuable?

The best feature is that Zscaler allows for a separation between cloud applications and URL filtering. For example, under the cloud application segment, I can bypass Microsoft Office 365 without the need to add URLs manually. It's one click, so that's handy.

It's a robust solution with lots of helpful features like the sandbox, which quarantines every file before it's downloaded to the computer.

What needs improvement?

We recently had a significant issue with Zscaler. I think they have too many customers and some of their connection edge nodes went down because there were too many requests. I think they aren't scaling enough to keep up with the demand in some areas. That's one thing they should improve.

I've been using Zscaler since November 2021.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Darktrace, Palo Alto Networks and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Zscaler is stable except for that problem we had two months ago. It functions just as well as WSA I would say.

Zscaler has too many customers, and they are not able to keep up with all the demand. We have 3,000 users.

I've contacted Zscaler multiple times because some allowed URLs wouldn't work as intended, and I needed support to check the issue on their end. Sometimes, it was an issue on their side or maybe we didn't allow all the IPs. The support has been excellent so far, and they respond in 10 or 15 minutes.

The customer already had it in place, so I cannot say much about the deployment, but I have analyzed the configuration. There's a tunnel between our internet router and some device on Zscaler that all the traffic goes through. The graphical user interface is accessed through a Zscaler public URL, but I'm not sure how the setup went from A to Z.

There are multiple licenses, but I don't deal with pricing, so I'm not aware of the specifics. There are licenses for custom URL categories and licenses based on the number of users, just like the WSA.

I think there are licenses for each feature, like the web proxy firewall, etc. We also have a new feature called Cloud Browser Isolation that allows us to open a website in a sandbox to prevent viruses from spreading.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zscaler nine out of 10 because I recently had this experience with custom neural categories. We reached the threshold of 64 categories, and I couldn't go any further because we had to purchase a subscription for more categories.

My advice for prospective Zscaler users is this: If you have multiple sites, create a tunnel for each site towards the scaler and have at least one redundant tunnel on each site in case one of your service providers goes down.

Other
Chief Platform Officer at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
An easily installable solution for providing secure internet access
  • "The initial setup is straightforward and easy in comparison with other solutions."
  • "When it comes to scalability, the IPsec could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for offering local secure internet access, such as those involving IPsec or GRE tunnels from site to the Zscaler. The security operation people running the policies and activating the different features provide insight into what is going on within the Zscaler solution.

What is most valuable?

IPS is more geared towards providing users access to the public internet, not those involving typical use cases which are cloud-or-SaaS-based. When it comes to user access to the World Wide Web, combined IDS/IPS does make sense. We provide access for this kind of traffic. This is primarily important for inbound traffic.

What needs improvement?

The ZPA solution is private access. The focus is not so much on the iPad as on the ZPA. Certain clients have voiced concerns about having a device in the data center and the control plane directly leading to the cloud. They would prefer a solution without the tunnel and without an active device of a cloud provider in their data center, meaning their DMZ, which would require access to the private data center applications from the remote users.

When it comes to scalability, the IPsec could be improved. The GRE tunnel, obviously, supports a high amount and high bandwidth. In contrast, the IPsec still comes with limitations, particularly based on the access gateway side of Zscaler.

We have been using Zscaler Cloud IPS for the past three or four years.

We have not encountered any compalaints of note concerning the stability, but this is also due to us always using the secondary data center, a backup data center. This allows us to go for the second one if the first is not reachable.

We use the Zscaler team and do not directly offer support. We have not required support.

The initial setup is straightforward and easy in comparison with other solutions. We are talking about security, not switching on a TV. Things are not self explanatory and a certain amount of knowledge is required.

I have no knowledge of how much a Cloud IPS portion costs on a monthly or yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

Secondary backups are a common practice. We, of course, are using Zscaler. As we have an API to their cloud environment, we have it automated there.

I rate Zscaler Cloud IPS as a nine out of ten.

Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
September 2022
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Engineer at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Integration is seamless, and it simplifies user management access

What is our primary use case?

We are running multiple production environments there, so that's pretty much it.

How has it helped my organization?

Cloud IPS integration is seamless, and it uses a Zero Trust model. It also simplifies overall user access management.

Two years, perhaps.

I've had no issues. Cloud IPS is running very well.

Zscaler tech support is very good.

We used Cisco Umbrella but switched to Zscaler.

It was straightforward.

There are no additional costs to scale up.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Zscaler Cloud IPS eight out of 10.  It's a good solution. There is always room for improvement.

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Zscaler, Darktrace, Palo Alto Networks, and more!
Updated: September 2022