IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Seqrite Endpoint Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Seqrite Endpoint Security is #37 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Seqrite Endpoint Security an average rating of 4 out of 10. Seqrite Endpoint Security is most commonly compared to Sophos Intercept X: Seqrite Endpoint Security vs Sophos Intercept X. Seqrite Endpoint Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 39% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Seqrite Endpoint Security?

Seqrite Endpoint Security is a comprehensive security platform used to protect enterprise networks and connected devices from advanced threats. To do so, it integrates with innovative technologies such as Anti Ransomware, Advanced DNA Scan, and Behavioral Detection System.

Seqrite Endpoint Security Features

Seqrite Endpoint Security has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Application control: Seqrite Endpoint Security gives you control over the use of unauthorized applications within the network.
  • Advanced device control: Seqrite Endpoint Security configures device policies for different device types for Windows and Mac platforms to safeguard the network against unverified devices.
  • Data loss prevention (DLP): Seqrite Endpoint Security’s data loss prevention secures confidential data to avoid losses. Another advantage of this feature is that data that is at rest can also be scanned on endpoints and removable devices.
  • Ransomware protection: Seqrite Endpoint Security uses behavior-based detection technology to detect and block ransomware threats. In addition, it also backs up your data in a secured location to help you restore your files in case of a ransomware attack.
  • Vulnerability scan: By scanning known vulnerabilities of applications and operating systems, users can update necessary security patches.
  • Web filtering: With the web filtering featureת you can block websites individually or according to categories in order to limit web access for employees.
  • Asset management: This feature helps alert administrators of any alterations on company systems by monitoring hardware and software configurations.
  • File activity monitor: Seqrite Endpoint Security enables you to monitor confidential company files and notifies administrators when such files are copied, renamedת or deleted.
  • IDS/IPS protection: Seqrite Endpoint Security provides advanced protection that proactively detects malicious activity to prevent attacks that may exploit application vulnerabilities.
  • Group policy management: Based on the hierarchy within your organization, administrators can define user groups and can also set flexible policies depending on situational requirements.

Seqrite Endpoint Security Benefits

There are several benefits to implementing Seqrite Endpoint Security. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Advanced security: Seqrite Endpoint Security offers 360-degree data security. The solution provides comprehensive endpoint and data protection in one integrated solution and is suitable for businesses of all sizes.
  • Uninterrupted protection: With Seqrite Endpoint Security, your daily business operations go uninterrupted, with protection that works to prevent malicious websites, phishing attacks, and more.
  • Linux-based support: Seqrite Endpoint Security’s solution supports Linux-based systems and also provides higher scalability and enhanced security for Windows and Mac platforms.
  • Compliance: The solution has competitive security enhancements to meet enterprises’ compliance needs.
  • Patch management: With Seqrite Endpoint Security, you will have access to simplified and centralized patch management strategy, allowing for higher productivity and more robust security.
  • Vulnerability detection: By using proactive scanning of installed applications, Seqrite Endpoint Security is able to detect unforeseen vulnerabilities and also reduce unauthorized installations.
  • Reduced risk: Because the solution has enhanced device control features, it is easier to reduce business security risks.
  • Advanced endpoint protection: The solution provides advanced endpoint protection with antivirus, firewall, intrusion detection, and more.

Reviews from Real Users

A Manager IT at a healthcare company says, “We use the solution for managing our main product, antivirus, and device locking. There are many features available in this solution, such as asset management. It is easy to install and stable.”

Seqrite Endpoint Security was previously known as Seqrite End Point Security, Seqrite EPS.

Seqrite Endpoint Security Customers

Gadre, Bharat Vikas Group, Fernandez Hospital, Fabtech Projects & Engineering, KIMS Hospital, National Steel And Agro Industries, Sardar Patel University, Sterling Wilson, Chowgule Industries

Seqrite Endpoint Security Video

Seqrite Endpoint Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Seqrite Endpoint Security pricing:
  • "There is no option to refund the money and unfortunately, we bought a three-year license, seeing that Quick Heal is a long-established player in the market."
  • "Licensing fees are on a yearly basis. Compared to other solutions, this solution is cheaper."
  • "We pay approximately $1,500 for licenses for the solution."
  • Seqrite Endpoint Security Reviews

Founder And Sales Force Architect at Concret.oi
    Slows Mac machine boot time, many issues with instability, and the support is not helpful
    • "In case it works, we are looking to use features like USB blocking, file upload alerts, and other antivirus features as well, but this software has to work first."
    • "A handbook of known issues and quick fixes should be given so that troubleshooting and frustration are less."

What is our primary use case?

We deployed Seqrite in our company, for getting anti-virus and IP protection.  We are approximately a 60-person strong company, with 80% Windows and 20% Mac machines.  We are spread across two offices in India, and working 100% remote since March 2020, and plan to continue in the same way.  We were primarily looking to have a good antivirus solution, with other IP features. We wanted to have protection across a range of devices like Windows, Macs, etc. It would mean that we don't go for individual licenses for both Windows/Mac machines.  We were excited about the cloud-based management features of Seqrite and were looking to use the same. The overall goal was to have a single source of truth and dashboard for getting hold of all security checkpoints in the company.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been a pain since we installed it. Seqrite doesn't work at all on macOS. Here is our experience summary on macOS: Machine boot time was terribly increased. We told the support team and they didn't accept the issue. The internet stopped working since we installed it. We were raising complaints with our ISP and later realized it's Seqrite that damaged it. The solution was simple; we disabled "Web Security", and it started working immediately. Seqrite support again claimed that the broadband works ad-hoc, though the same broadband works fine at the same time on other mobile devices and laptops. I have bought few spare machines to test at home since I purchased Seqrite for the company. TOUCH ID - The fingerprint scanner stopped working on Mac and again, the only solution is to uninstall it. As per Seqrite, they have worldwide macOS users, none of them faced this issue. So, it was again our own problem, nothing faulty in Seqrite. Post-Seqrite uninstall on my macOS, the Google Meet service drops internet randomly, which happened for the first time in many years, on the same machine and internet connection. I need to format my Mac to fix it, but as usual, Seqrite doesn't own this problem.

What is most valuable?

In terms of features, there is nothing that is usable so far and we are deeply regretting our decision.  This software claims to have a lot of features, which sounds really good to have and make good use of, but because of our struggles in getting it to work correctly, we were not able to move ahead.  We are currently busy researching on our own and trying to make this software work for the next three years.  In case it works, we are looking to use features like USB blocking, file upload alerts, and other antivirus features as well, but this software has to work first.

What needs improvement?

Integrity is compromised, they should accept a bug in the software and promptly provide a simple fix, like on Macs disabling Web Security will fix the internet issues.  A handbook of known issues and quick fixes should be given so that troubleshooting and frustration are less.  We were told, that Seqrite takes less than a minute to deploy on any machine, and is cloud-based management. On issues, we were told that an IT guy should be there in the company to handle such things too or dedicate a person to work with Seqrite support on these challenges. If you are a small remote company like us, think on these points too, and how much bandwidth you have for IT support.
    Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Seqrite, Sophos, Kaspersky and others in Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP). Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have been using Seqrite Endpoint Security for between two and three weeks.

The stability is zero. Seqrite doesn't work, and the company doesn't accept the problems. We spent a lot of time with support to stabilize Macs, as of now situation is  - It's working on older macs (without fingerprint scanner), but with WebSecurity disabled. Macs work with websecurity enabled, but internet can go away anytime. We can't afford this randomness.  - We spent many days on our Macs already, so gave up on the fingerprint scanner issue. Currently, not planning to install it on macs with TouchID.  Overall, our situation is tragedically comic, as we are hesitant to buy more licenses, because we lost faith in the product. We are not getting a refund of our existing licenses, as Seqrite support will not fix the issue, and will never accept it as well. So we are in a partial deployment in company as of now. We are scared to ask feedback from employees, as it will make a joke of such security software, and any future deployments of any other similar software will be taken negatively.

We are quite negative, as this could only function well if it works. We are struggling to get it working properly.

There is zero support. They will blame you, say that your machine is faulty, or your internet is faulty, but "there is no bug in Seqrite" according to them.  We spent multiple working days/weeks with Seqrite support. They are not trained/educated enough to guide us promptly on these issues. We faced similar issues on all Mac machines, and we were able to find a fix in two or three days. We wished that Seqrite had told us the same, which would have saved our bandwidth in fighting the ISP for internet quality and getting frustrated with a random Internet outage. Overall, the company forces support on you, and they will never accept any of the issues in their software.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup was not straightforward at all. Still, it is a struggle and we are forced to stay locked for the next three years, as there is no refund given.

The vendor team was used to deploy, and they were not accepting the problems that came post-deployment.

We have no ROI with this product.

There is no option to refund the money and unfortunately, we bought a three-year license, seeing that Quick Heal is a long-established player in the market.

We evaluated Sophos but we selected Seqrite because it was less costly and had more features.

What other advice do I have?

My final advice is to get Seqrite for two or three machines to start with. If you are planning to deploy for the whole company, especially test Macs, although we are facing issues with Windows as well. Gradually add licenses, if things go well. Be prepared to spend a lot of time with support.

Private Cloud

Other
    Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We bought licenses of Seqrite and provide the required evidence as needed.
    IT Administrator at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
    Provides a helpful overview of your systems, but it doesn't detect or report attacks
    • "The only thing that I have found useful is that I have an overview of my systems in the networks."
    • "It should be able to detect and report any ransomware attack but currently, it doesn't detect and it doesn't report any."

What is our primary use case?

We are using this solution for endpoint security.

What is most valuable?

The only thing that I have found useful is that I have an overview of my systems in the networks. Other than that as ransomware detection, it does not suit my purpose.

What needs improvement?

We are currently looking for other solutions because we have had some ransomware attacks in the last two or three years and it isn't detecting them. I have been attacked three times while I have had this endpoint security.

The initial set up could be simplified.

The stability needs to be improved, as it is not a stable product.

In the next release, I would like to see analytic reporting.

I have been using Seqrite Endpoint Security for the past six years.

Since the time that I have been using this solution, I don't find it to be a stable product.

Seqrite Endpoint Security is a scalable solution.

Technical support is good.

They have a platform online where you can reach out to technical support.

The initial setup is somewhat complex. It is not terribly complex but the initial setup is not simple, either.

I am not sure how long the deployment took, as it was six years ago. Two years ago we did the renewal and that took two days. We had support throughout the process but it was not simple.

We have one person to maintain this solution. It is not difficult to maintain.

We had a consultant help us with the deployment.

There are no additional cost outs of the licensing fees.

We are currently evaluating Bitdefender GravityZone, Sophos Intercept X, and Kaspersky.

What other advice do I have?

Before implementing Seqrite Endpoint Security, you need to evaluate the price for a security position in the market.

With my experience, I believe that there are better options available than Seqrite.

Know what you want and do your research, because there are better solutions available.

I would rate Seqrite Endpoint Security a six out of ten.

Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP)
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Manager IT at a healthcare company with 501-1,000 employees
    Easy to install, stable, but security need improvement

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

There are many features available in this solution, such as asset management.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by providing better security and a cloud base version.

I have been using this solution for approximately three years.

The stability is good.

We have approximately 250 users using this solution and we plan to increase usage to 300.

We have not needed to use technical support, we were able to handle everything ourselves.

The installation of Seqrite Endpoint Security is straightforward, but when comparing it to Sophos, they have a more sophisticated and easier deployment.

We pay approximately $1,500 for licenses for the solution.

I have been looking for a pure endpoint solution with better security to replace Seqrite Endpoint Security. We have been evaluating Sophos' solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Seqrite Endpoint Security a seven out of ten.

Download our free Endpoint Protection for Business (EPP) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Seqrite, Sophos, Kaspersky, and more!
    Updated: June 2022