We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

SAP Portfolio and Project Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAP Portfolio and Project Management is #10 ranked solution in top Project Portfolio Management tools. PeerSpot users give SAP Portfolio and Project Management an average rating of 8 out of 10. SAP Portfolio and Project Management is most commonly compared to Jira: SAP Portfolio and Project Management vs Jira. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is SAP Portfolio and Project Management?
Portfolio Management integrates information from existing project management, human resources, and financial systems to provide an overview of the project portfolio with easy drilldown to details for portfolio managers, project managers, and resource managers. This enables innovative and collaborative, cross-functional business processes. Project Management covers the entire range of project management activities in development and consultancy projects, from planning to implementation to project completion.

SAP Portfolio and Project Management was previously known as Portfolio and Project Management.

Download the Project Portfolio Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

SAP Portfolio and Project Management Customers
Joy Global Inc., Citrix, EMC Corporation, Concho Resources, Concho Resources, RZD Russian Railways, Family Dollar Stores Inc., Lenovo
SAP Portfolio and Project Management Video

SAP Portfolio and Project Management Reviews

IT Project Portfolio Manager at a non-profit with 5,001-10,000 employees
Integrates well with SAP models, but doesn't integrate with performance trackers like Jira
  • "The integration portion with SAP models is valuable."
  • "It would be valuable if SAP integrated seamlessly with some products like Jira and Bitbucket."

What is our primary use case?

We mostly use it for project management, portfolio management, demand management, and resource management of projects.

What is most valuable?

The integration portion with SAP models is valuable. We have an environment we use mostly with SAP products. Our project and our SAP PPM solution are integrated with all the models.

What needs improvement?

We have a department for software development, and it would be valuable if SAP integrated seamlessly with some products like Jira and Bitbucket. It'll help if it can be integrated with these products for tracking team performance in the project.

I have been using SAP Portfolio and Project Management for three years.

The stability is good, and I have nothing bad to say about it.

It's scalable. We have all the solutions in our systems department, and there are no problems.

The initial setup for SAP Portfolio and Project Management was complex. It took us about a month to implement this solution.

We mostly work with a vendor. In Turkey, there are many vendors for SAP products, and we work with many of them.

What other advice do I have?

I would tell potential users that they must see the big picture. The main problem in my department is that I can't make group resource management in SAP products because I have a tool which is called Jira in other departments. Looking at the big picture before buying a product is my advice to others.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give SAP Portfolio and Project Management a seven.

Private Cloud
Download our free Project Portfolio Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAP, Microsoft, Broadcom, and more!