IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

PingID OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

PingID is #6 ranked solution in top Authentication Systems. PeerSpot users give PingID an average rating of 8 out of 10. PingID is most commonly compared to Microsoft Authenticator: PingID vs Microsoft Authenticator. PingID is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 25% of all views.

Download the Authentication Systems Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is PingID?
IDENTITY DEFINED SECURITY PLATFORM delivers a unified, standards-based platform that can be deployed as SaaS, software or both and can scale to handle millions of identities. From multi-factor authentication and single sign-on to access security, directory and data governance, our capabilities work together to give employees, partners and customers secure access to cloud, mobile and enterprise applications, securing and streamlined everything from sign-on to sign-off and everywhere in between.

PingID was previously known as Ping Identity.

PingID Customers
Equinix, Land O'Lakes, CDPHP, Box, International SOS, Opower, VSP, Chevron, Truist, Academy of Art University, Northern Air Cargo, Repsol
PingID Video

PingID Reviews

Ppp_Ppp - PeerSpot reviewer
Regional IT Application Owner at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
Stable, popular with customers, and has a good mobile application
  • "It's pretty stable as a product."
  • "The timing of the token validity, if it could be extended, would be great. I'm not sure if there is even an option to configure these types of settings."

What is our primary use case?

We have integrated PingID with different applications. Mainly the internet-facing applications.

What is most valuable?

PingID is very good.  It's pretty stable as a product.We've never faced any issues, at least with the data applications integration. The customers really like it. The mobile application is very good.

What needs improvement?

Many times when we are authenticating, we'd like the freedom to set the time. Maybe it needs to be slightly longer. I understand that this is work based on the token exchange and so on. The timing of the token validity, if it could be extended, would be great. I'm not sure if there is even an option to configure these types of settings.  Before we can authenticate it, it ends up in an error. And then we'll have to create everything all over again, in terms of launching the application. I'm not sure if the experience on the desktop is good or not. I've heard some feedback that it's not that good. It's better to use it on mobile. Perhaps the user experience on the desktop Ping application could be improved. I haven't used it personally. I just heard from my colleagues about some experience with that.

I have probably been working with the solution for about two years or so.
Authentication Systems
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Ping Identity, RSA, Microsoft and others in Authentication Systems. Updated: June 2022.
610,229 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is very good. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

Almost everyone is working on the solution. It's used company-wide. All these people consume this application, however, it's really a central team who does the provisioning of the services to the entire organization.

I've never reached out for technical support due to the fact that we have an internal team here in Germany. They are providing this as a service to the other regions a well. We haven't needed the assistance of the product's technical support.

We also use Symantec SiteMinder. We are using both, however, we will completely switch to PingID in the future.

I can't speak to the initial setup process. In terms of maintenance, the number of people needed depends on the central team's capability or capacity.

We don't directly deal with the licenses. It's basically purchased by the central team and we are just consuming it through the common APIs. I really couldn't comment on the pricing at the moment.

We are considering switching to other products. Therefore, we're looking to evaluate other options. We are looking to have a seamless single sign-on and federated authentication.

What other advice do I have?

We are a customer and an end-user. Currently, the solution fulfills the use cases that we currently have. That's pretty much it. I'm not sure about the configuration or on the infrastructure side. Maybe the team who does this infrastructure setup would have better insights. However, overall, it's a pretty seamless experience, I would say. I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten.
Sales Representative at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Reseller
User-friendly MFA that requires better connection to Microsoft Word

What is our primary use case?

I am a reseller for PingID.

What is most valuable?

This is a user-friendly solution.

What needs improvement?

I think that the connection with like Microsoft Word, especially for Office 365, is a weak point that could be improved.

I have been using PingID as an end user for about four years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

I have not needed to contact support yet.

What other advice do I have?

Ping is a suitable on-premise Active Directory in the IT environment.

I would rate the solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free Authentication Systems Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ping Identity, RSA, Microsoft, and more!
Updated: June 2022