IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Fusion Middleware OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Fusion Middleware is #6 ranked solution in top Application Server tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Fusion Middleware an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Oracle Fusion Middleware is most commonly compared to Oracle WebLogic Server: Oracle Fusion Middleware vs Oracle WebLogic Server. Oracle Fusion Middleware is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 73% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the Application Server Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Oracle Fusion Middleware?

Oracle Fusion Middleware is the digital business platform for the enterprise and the cloud. It enables enterprises to create and run agile, intelligent business applications while maximizing IT efficiency through full utilization of modern hardware and software architectures.

Oracle Fusion Middleware Customers

Police Department of Izmir City

Oracle Fusion Middleware Video

Oracle Fusion Middleware Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Fusion Middleware pricing:
  • "The licensing costs are reasonable."
  • "We pay annually for the solution."
  • "It is expensive. We are looking for a cheaper solution."
  • Oracle Fusion Middleware Reviews

Tech Manager at Tech Mahindra Limited
    Highly flexible and solves all our problems in one product
    • "Fusion Middleware's main feature for me is that it is quite flexible, and, as middleware, it provides us with all sorts of technology and application adapters, which makes it very handy to use."
    • "An improvement for Oracle's Fusion Middleware could definitely be found in the SOA component. It's a heavyweight container and, if you ask me, if a product is available as a docker image where we can easily port it in to another Kubernetes platform, that would be perfect. But as for the current situation in the market, nobody is really willing to deploy this on premises."

What is our primary use case?

We use Oracle Fusion Middleware particularly within the telco domain, where it is in extensive use integrating all the order management, number management, publishing, and much more.

How has it helped my organization?

During the time that we were setting up our application server and various apps, we found that the implementation was becoming more and more complex, especially regarding flexibility. Our web services were providing so many different products for different scenarios, and so we decided, "Let's go with the one product which gathers all our needs together."

When we analyzed Oracle Fusion Middleware from that perspective, we found that it would be very useful, because in one product we could have access to all the needed solutions, solving all the problems in one go. That was our main driving criteria.

The other important criteria we had was the ability to deal with the reality of technical knots and difficulties in future, so knowing that we have the support of a brand like Oracle has helped us deal with various challenges. In terms of skill levels, we have quite a lot of guys in the market, and one requirement was that we did not want to become vendor-locked into a support system that would not look after us properly. In this way, Oracle's support system became one of the driving factors that kept us with their product.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

With traditional software, everyone is looking for something which is portable and works well on a platform like Kubernetes. If Oracle can come with that feature for their SOA, it would be quite useful.

Beyond that, I would expect that the monitoring of various components be more flexible and more detailed. Right now, if you want to do the monitoring of your infrastructure and the services running inside, you will often need to hook up third-party apps and plugins. If Oracle can also achieve cloud-native versions of these kinds of plugins, that would certainly give it more points in my eyes, and it would have a fair share of the market once again.

Application Server
    July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, IBM, Red Hat and others in Application Server. Updated: July 2022.
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using Oracle Fusion Middleware for close to 12 years.

It is stable in my experience.

It is indeed scalable.

The technical support is fantastic.

We were originally going to use Red Hat Fuse, but we were not able to implement it for certain reasons at a higher level of requirements.

The setup was easy; we did it ourselves.

The licensing costs are reasonable.

Before we went with Oracle, we were looking into Red Hat Fuse — in particular, the Kubernetes version — mainly because of its open source nature. We actually went ahead with it to a certain extent and we found it quite useful, but customers didn't give us any room for it.

Earlier they had said they would also go ahead with it, but there were certain conditions that couldn't be met at a higher level and so we couldn't use Red Hat Fuse. Otherwise, I think it is also a good product.

What other advice do I have?

When deciding whether to use Oracle Fusion Middleware or another solution such as MuleSoft, there are many different factors to consider. However, the main thing I would suggest to look at is where the product fits in with all the scenarios where you will use it. MuleSoft, for example, comes with an API management layer and more all in one, whereas Red Hat Fuse is quite a different product and seems to be lagging behind in this sense.

On the whole, if you are looking for one product that is flexible, easy to use, and versatile for many different scenarios, then I would definitely recommend Oracle Fusion Middleware.

I would rate Oracle Fusion Middleware an eight out of ten.

IT Manager at a construction company with 201-500 employees
    No maintenance, scalable, and reliable
    • "The scalability is good."
    • "Oracle Fusion Middleware is based on the regulations in Saudi Arabia and the legislation changes. There is a need to be improvements all the time. It needs to adapt quickly in this market. Additionally, there could be some improvements in the construction sector."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Fusion Middleware is an ERP system. It is not an E-business and it is on-premise. However, the cloud version which we are using is for HR. We use it in many areas, such as finance, procurement, SEM, and supply chains.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved the way our organization functions because it does the issuing of BOs, purchasing orders, purchasing requests, and we monitor the cost for projects on it. Additionally, we use it for making the payroll for employees.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Fusion Middleware is based on the regulations in Saudi Arabia and the legislation changes. There is a need to be improvements all the time. It needs to adapt quickly in this market. Additionally, there could be some improvements in the construction sector.

I have been using Oracle Fusion Middleware for approximately five years.

The solution is stable, but we have had some bugs.

The scalability is good.

There are more than 100 people using this solution and we do not have plans to increase usage.

We have used the support from Oracle Fusion Middleware.

The initial implementation is not straightforward. However, it can depend on the requirements. The full implementation took one year.

We used an implementor for the deployment, and there is no maintenance because it is cloud-based.

We have received some return on investments in some projects.

We pay annually for the solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement this solution is for them to make the processes and the organization structure decisions before choosing any ERP.

For the construction sector, I would rate Oracle Fusion Middleware six out of ten.

Overall, I rate Oracle Fusion Middleware a nine out of ten.

Application Server
    July 2022
    620,600 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    General Manager at a recruiting/HR firm with 1-10 employees
    It is stable and has good features, but it is quite expensive
    • "It is really good in terms of features, and it is stable."
    • "Its price can be improved. We are currently looking for more cost-efficiency. It should also have a little bit more flexibility for customizations. The customizations should be quicker."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use it for human resources. We use it for self-service, payroll, and performance management.

What is most valuable?

It is really good in terms of features, and it is stable.

What needs improvement?

Its price can be improved. We are currently looking for more cost-efficiency.

It should also have a little bit more flexibility for customizations. The customizations should be quicker.

I have been using Oracle Fusion Middleware for almost a year.

It is stable.

It is scalable.

Their technical support is good.

The initial setup was straightforward. It took a bit of time for payroll in terms of customization. It took us a year's time to deploy it.

We worked with a consulting firm for deployment. We had two people from our department.

It is expensive. We are looking for a cheaper solution.

What other advice do I have?

You should have a mature company to use this solution. It is suitable for big companies, not for small companies. We are currently looking for another solution that is a little bit cheaper but has the same quality. We are thinking of SAP, but we are not really sure if it is cheaper or not.

I would rate Oracle Fusion Middleware a seven out of ten.

Muhammad Asif Ashraf - PeerSpot reviewer
    Technical Development Lead at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Stable and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

It's like an umbrella under which we're using a group of products. We have about 20 to 30 people using it right now.

I've been using Oracle Fusion Middleware for a few years.

Oracle Fusion is stable.

Setting up Oracle Fusion is straightforward.

We currently have a yearly license. The price could always be better.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Fusion Middleware eight out of 10. I would recommend it.