IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Eloqua OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Eloqua is #5 ranked solution in top Marketing Automation tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Eloqua an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Eloqua is most commonly compared to Salesforce Marketing Cloud: Oracle Eloqua vs Salesforce Marketing Cloud. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 42% of all views.
What is Oracle Eloqua?

Eloqua is the Oracle marketing automation and revenue performance management solution used by sales and marketing teams all over the world. With Eloqua, organizations can easily execute marketing campaigns, build and manage their databases, convert leads to sales, and measure the impact of marketing activities on the organization.

Oracle Eloqua was previously known as Eloqua, Oracle Marketing Cloud.

Download the Marketing Automation Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

Oracle Eloqua Customers

Thomson Reuters, The Dow Chemical Company, Avid, LifeSize, and Avalara.

Oracle Eloqua Video

Archived Oracle Eloqua Reviews (more than two years old)

User at Deltek
The segmentation and email creation features are the most critical to my job

What is our primary use case?

Marketing: email sending, the creation of segments, tracking, analysis, landing page development, and reporting.

How has it helped my organization?

It is a necessity in the world of marketing to have a strong marketing automation tool. I have been using it since I started working at Oracle.

What is most valuable?

The segmentation and email creation features. Those are the ones that I use most often and are the most critical to my job.

What needs improvement?

It could be a bit more intuitive for the average user. The segmentation portion is difficult for a marketer with no marketing operations experience to understand.

Digital Marketing Executive at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
Lead scoring has helped with the process of qualifying leads
  • "​Lead scoring is very useful for both measuring the effectiveness of campaigns as well as deciding which leads to send sales’ way."
  • "Lead scoring has helped with the process of qualifying leads."
  • "​Reporting is very clunky and not user friendly.​"

How has it helped my organization?

Lead scoring has helped with the process of qualifying leads. It gives us more information to decide whether to send on to sales.

What is most valuable?

The Email Click-Through Report is also really useful to see what CTAs are working best.

What needs improvement?

Reporting is very clunky and not user friendly.

Three to five years.

It can certainly have its off days. Form submittal notifications in particular can be unreliable.

No issues.

A six out of 10. A lot of options, but can be slow.

Not applicable.

What other advice do I have?

Get in contact with the experts and you can get a complimentary report of how best to use it.

You also get the best results when using all its functionality together to make the most of the integrations.

Marketing Automation
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe and others in Marketing Automation. Updated: May 2022.
597,335 professionals have used our research since 2012.
IT Applications Specialist at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
We are able to send more targeted emails more efficiently and score leads as they come in

What is most valuable?

The campaign canvas is extremely versatile, while being easy to use. Powerful online marketing campaigns, integration with data augmentation services, and more can be done with a drag-and-drop interface.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to send more targeted emails more efficiently, score leads as they come in, and pass them to CRM after they meet certain thresholds.

What needs improvement?

Data manipulation tools are lacking.

Documentation is sketchy and often incomplete.

Getting technical answers from support is sometimes like pulling teeth.

There are the occasional performance issues.

Two and a half years.

A seven out of 10.

It is something you either need experience in or need to hire professional services. Reading the manual is not enough to set it up properly.

it_user417072 - PeerSpot reviewer
Desktop Support Manager & Web Associate at a printing company with 501-1,000 employees
We use Multipub and Salesforce, and is pulls in the information of all our customers from those systems.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature for us is that it integrates with our CRM content management system. We use Multipub and Salesforce, and Marketing Cloud pulls in the information of all our customers from those systems. When we create our segments, we don't have to manually pull in lists. So when we create a segment, we can just use the information that's already integrated within our system.

We don't use it to its fullest capacity, but when we purchased it, we wanted to use it for its marketing capabilities. It's got a lot of step capabilities, and there's a lot of if/then functions. When you send an email and if a customer opens that email and makes a purchase, we know it. And if they then do nothing else, we can send a follow-up email.

Improvements to My Organization

It has a lot other marketing capabilities. We try and incorporate a lot of those features, but I have to say that we're not always the best at it.

Room for Improvement

When we moved over to this new company, we kept all the data from the other companies. Our reporting features now are completely useless because we have all this data from the other company. We can't delete data as there's no bulk deletion tool. We're losing and wasting a lot of time trying to run reports and getting information. That's why we're switching instances.

Switching these instances has been particularly painful. When you read on the message boards and community forums, you hear that same feedback. It's really very difficult to go from one instance to another instance.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for well over three years.

We've had no issues with deployment, other than the switching instances issue.

It's a stable solution. We've had no issues with instability.

It is scalable, and that's one of the reasons why we're switching to a new instance. We were a company that had several other companies and we got bought by another company.

The technical support staff are very knowledgeable, but we have to push them to get back to us when we create service tickets. I don't like the fact that we can't call them. According to our contract, we can't call without having a service ticket, and I don't like that.

But our project manager is wonderful. Once I tell her that someone's not getting back to me, she will then get someone on it. That's been fantastic, but it shouldn't have to be like that.

Setup has been over four months now and it has been painful. To be honest, I wasn't involved in the initial setup, only in just sending out regular emails, which is partly why this switch-over has been painful. I needed questions answered and they weren't getting answered.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

We pay a pretty penny for Marketing Cloud. For what we're paying, I would expect the service to be a little bit better and would expect to be able to call in to get some support.

Other Advice

So far we've been very happy with it. We're a smaller company. It definitely depends on the size of the company, what backend you have. If you're using Salesforce, I would definitely say it's great. I think it depends on what you're using.

There are so many email systems that we've used, but it's great in terms of what it can do in the area of marketing capabilities. If you're not looking to do that and if you're just looking to send out mass emails and not getting the recording features that it offers, not looking to do those marketing steps, then there's no need for it.

Head of Engineering at CloudBearings
Eloqua and Hubspot - can someone share their experience ..

We wanted to spend some time on this kind of tool but never happened. This thread gives a lot of insight without even trying Eloqua.

Looks like a long chain of people supporting Eloqua. I did not get a change to work directly on to it but wanted to hear if some one has exposure to a marketing solution from Hubspot.

Seems like they have nice offering for small/mid sized companies. Need to some one help us understand the pros and cons of two. They claim that their Inbound Marketing software is consistently generate more visits, leads, and customers and it also support lot of templates automating marketing and sales tasks and returns have been seen good.

Will be real nice to understand cost vs. effectiveness of the two.

Marketing with 1,001-5,000 employees
The strongest marketing automation platform in the market

Valuable Features:

I love the breadth of marketing activities you can do and manage with Eloqua - lead and account scoring, lead management and nurturing, email marketing, hypersites/microsites, social components, reporting (ROI on marketing spend), event management and the list goes on. We needed a solution that could scale with our business - and it doesn't get better than Eloqua.

Room for Improvement:

Who doesn't want to pay less!

Other Advice:

A small team can operate at a large scale with Eloqua. We deployed it worldwide with success. We love the nurture system we were able to create with Eloqua.
it_user4608 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Great marketing automation tool, helpful support team, and...

Great marketing automation tool, helpful support team, and lots and lots of reporting options!

it_user4608 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
Eloqua's marketing automation tool has made me a better marketer

Valuable Features:

Eloqua's marketing automation tool has made me not only a better marketer but has given me a new outlook on marketing. It has an easy to use interface and campaign setup features. As a power user, I'm constantly learning new features and best practices and the Eloqua community makes it easy to connect with others and hear their stories. Eloqua has a great tech support team and is always there to help if you're having trouble with anything.

Room for Improvement:

Price can be somewhat expensive
it_user4458 - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant with 51-200 employees
I like its completeness: it is something more...

I like its completeness: it is something more than sending emails or automate emails, it includes analysis, sales tools, lead nurturing, tracking, integrations, app & widgets.....
At the beginning of the integration, Eloqua provided us with a Success Plan tailored to our company and assist us in the strategy. I have been able to apply the strategy and get excellent results thanks to the Topliners Community, the online trainings and the support team.

it_user2724 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing with 501-1,000 employees
I love that this product takes the guesswork...

Valuable Features:

I love that this product takes the guesswork out of marketing. Emotion and opinion are eliminated and decisions are made on the data from your prospects and customers. The Eloqua sales tools are also a differentiator. Eloqua marries the relationship between marketing and sales

Room for Improvement:

I would love to see the social suite capabilities enhanced.
it_user4278 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a media company with 51-200 employees
Great advanced marketing tool for the modern company

Valuable Features:

For what is essentially a marketing product I find that the database friendliness and ease of performing advanced functionality far outstrips anything else in this space

Room for Improvement:

Due to its advanced nature, some traditional marketing users can be put of by the different approaches and requirements

Other Advice:

If invested in properly, a worthwhile and extremely beneficial tool that I would advocate to any company looking for something that really delivers functionality and results
it_user3843 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Eloqua has had a positive impact on my company's revenue performance.

Valuable Features:

Powerful, solid platform that enables modern marketers to execute best in class nurture programs, lead scoring and campaigns that drive revenue.

Room for Improvement:

Costs a bit more than some of the other providers and there's a bit of a learning curve compared to less powerful Marketing Automation Platforms (MAPs) Some advances features like Eloqua for Sales are at an additional cost.

Other Advice:

Eloqua is not only a highly effective MAP, it's backed by a great group of people. Support has dramatically improved, training is more comprehensive and the user community and Topliners are a huge plus compared to other players like Marketo.
it_user3363 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
We have been using Eloqua for four years and it has revolutionized our credibility as a marketing department with the sales team

Valuable Features:

The best asset of Eloqua is how they have turned their customer and prospect base into a community and branded them as Eloquans. The product itself in the new E10 platform is very intuitive and delivers high end functionality for all members or our team from the creative side, to campaign execution, and lead generation/management.

Room for Improvement:

There are some limitations with the platform in terms of creativity. While you can upload assets to make it easy using the editor for all marketing members to use it, if you are going to upload code it doesn't always translate the best.Overall, we've been very pleased with Eloqua, not only in the delivery of our communications, and setting up automation, but also how it has strengthened our relationship with the sales team due to the ever improving litany of sales enablement tools.The integration to Salesforce allows us to take advantage of three highly valuable sales enablement tools: Prospect Profiler, Discover, and Engage.We have seen tremendous year after year growth of revenue tied to marketing because of campaigns, events, and promotions we have run through Eloqua. Furthermore, they have a great community of users who are helpful and very open to sharing ideas and ways of getting the most out of Eloqua that continue to push the results delivered by the tool set.
it_user2733 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing with 1,001-5,000 employees
Great tool with amazing power to truly drive marketing automation

Great tool with amazing power to truly drive marketing automation through your organization.

it_user2724 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing with 501-1,000 employees
Eloqua has Revolutionized Marketing

Eloqua has revolutionized Marketing. Through advanced automation the guesswork that used to plague marketing engagement is gone. Marketing and sales can now make educated decisions based on forensic evidence. I could never work for an organization that didn't have Eloqua.

it_user2577 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
The Eloqua community is one of the biggest assets Eloqua offers

The Eloqua community is one of the biggest assets Eloqua offers. The users share ideas as well as support. Having such an active group is a great benefit.

it_user2577 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Flexible, user friendly and great reporting module. Quick to fix bugs.

Valuable Features:

flexibility user friendly great reporting module tons of features app add-ons allow you to increase your programs and integrate with other programs easy set-up

Room for Improvement:

There are usually bugs after updates but you know they are coming and they are very responsive to quickly fixing any issues

Other Advice:

Eloqua is a fantastic tool for managing your communication strategy and your contact strategy. It allows you to easily measure the outcome of your programs and adds validity to your marketing programs by showing the direct ROI of campaigns.
it_user2415 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech vendor with 51-200 employees
Powerful & Intuitive Marketing Automation System

Valuable Features:

Drag-and-drop interface based on HTML5. Easiest WYSIWYG editor for creating landing pages and HTML emails that I've ever seen. Great marketing automation platform for sending a series of emails based a prospects interests and interactions with your company in order to deliver super relevant information to their buying stage. Eloqua has great product support and training.

Room for Improvement:

Eloqua has great integration with Salesforce.com, but I'd love to see a little more of that rolled into a more intuitive UI.
it_user2295 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Eloqua gets modern marketing. Get with the times.

Valuable Features:

Eloqua gets modern marketing, plain and simple. The technology component of your marketing mix is essential to scaling your business. You can make a dramatic difference out-of-the-box, or can morph it to fit your business's specific success metrics.

Room for Improvement:

To get the most out of your investment you'll want to have a dedicated admin or team if you are able. This will allow users to take advantage of the great education programs Eloqua offers and dive into some of the powerful features below the surface.

Other Advice:

Eloqua is the engine of our marketing operations. It integrates with our CRM platform and allows us to close the loop between sales and marketing for all of our enterprise demand generation initiatives.
it_user1992 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Eloqua Changes the Way You Think About Marketing

Valuable Features:

Ease of use for all users (marketing and sales), the Eloqua online community makes it so easy to connect with other users, ability to automate our event processes, and it's FULL integration with Salesforce.com (our sales organization loves the behavior based information they have visibility to)

Room for Improvement:

Pricing - if you can swing it, Eloqua is worth it!;

Other Advice:

Eloqua has always adapted to the needs of their customers which is visible on the new Eloqua 10 platform. We are in the process of switching to E10 and couldn't be more excited. Prior to Eloqua our processes were cumbersome and clunky. This tool made our marketers feel the power behind our campaigns and gave them the tools and confidence to execute campaigns themselves.
it_user1491 - PeerSpot reviewer
Manager of Web Development with 201-500 employees
Eloqua will make you a better marketer not only through its software, but it's network of customers constantly educate eachother

Valuable Features:

E10 is a slick easy to use tool that is also robust for those automation experts. Our event manager is up almost up to speed enough to run full campaigns in only a few weeks. For the power user it has excellent SFDC digital behavior tools where sales people can monitor every move their prospects make and get notified about it. Automated nurture streams, campaign management, open API's to most major vendors with cloud connectors that drop right into their "Campaign Canvas," and much much more make this the tool to have. I worked with Aprimo for 4 years and this is far above and beyond.

Room for Improvement:

Some times new features get rolled out too soon, but the good thing is they constantly adapt to the demands of their customers.

Other Advice:

Eloqua is not just marketing automation, it is a powerful marketing network. Their community is so active with so many experts, being just a part of that is worth the money. I have become a better marketer because of the network Eloqua has provided for me.
Director, Global Demand Center at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
A Marketing Booster

Valuable Features:

E9 user interface is good , E10 is even better! Program Management (you can write specific scenarios, "if this then that" concept) Fully integrated, email template, contact group, hypersyite support, distribution list management, video hosting...

Room for Improvement:

email WYSWIG editor is far from behing the best i've seen, i recommend to work with frontpage or dreamweaver before and copy htlm code.Saas Plateform which is great but when you travel a lot, i'd like to get an access to itEloqua is a very good platform, probably the best for it's suppose to do today.

Other Advice:

It requires a bit of knwoledge before you start on it but once it's done it's so powerful stuff
it_user1359 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Powerful, flexible, modern marketing automation.

Valuable Features:

Eloqua is very powerful and very customizable. It goes beyond the traditional categories of email marketing, lead scoring, &etc into true marketing automation (Eloqua likes to say Revenue Performance Management, which I'm not sure we're entirely at, but the promise is really there). The out of the box reporting is great, and integration with Salesforce.com in particular is solid. The solution is also extensible, and has a lot of "Cloud Connectors" which allow you to integrate external services without writing any code. Eloqua also has EXCELLENT customer support, whether that's through their training programs, their Customer Success department (shoutout to Adrian Chang, who is really great), or frontline support.

Room for Improvement:

The UI of the reporting tool (Insight) is a bit dated. The out-of-the-box reporting supports only one top-level funnel, so it's great for reporting to the CMO, but less so when you have eCommerce, Channel, and Direct all with different funnels, for example - this requires custom reporting.

Other Advice:

Broadly, there are many services which provide simple email marketing. Go with Eloqua when you want to move beyond that simple paradigm to true marketing automation.
it_user1233 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
Easy integration and intuitive user interface, but not suited for small companies.

Valuable Features:

Eloqua10 is a great tool for marketing automation for both B2B and B2C companies. It easily integrates with SFDC or any other CRM system. The user interface is intuitive and continues to get better with each release. The platform incorporates a broad range of processes including lead scoring, segmentation, lead capture, email automation, and reporting. Product support is available and one of the best features of Eloqua. They also offer multiple classes to help new and experienced users better use their product, and have a users forum (Topliners) for customers to search for answers to questions and interact with Eloqua power users.

Room for Improvement:

Not suited for small companies. Pricing makes it better suited for mid-size firms and enterprises. However, if you can afford it, get it. Worth every penny.
it_user1233 - PeerSpot reviewer
Marketing at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
If you can afford it, get it. Worth every penny.

Room for Improvement:

Download our free Marketing Automation Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Salesforce, Adobe, and more!
Updated: May 2022