IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Oracle Application Testing Suite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Application Testing Suite is #7 ranked solution in top Load Testing Tools, #11 ranked solution in top Performance Testing Tools, and #23 ranked solution in top Functional Testing Tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle Application Testing Suite an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Oracle Application Testing Suite is most commonly compared to Tricentis Tosca: Oracle Application Testing Suite vs Tricentis Tosca. Oracle Application Testing Suite is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Performance Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Oracle Application Testing Suite?
Application Testing Suite is a comprehensive, integrated testing solution that ensures the quality, scalability, and availability of your Web applications, Web Services, packaged Oracle Applications and Oracle databases.

Oracle Application Testing Suite was previously known as OATS.

Oracle Application Testing Suite Customers
Comic Relief UK, The Forestry Commission, TAFE SA, Silentnight Group, Victorian Department of Primary Industries
Oracle Application Testing Suite Video

Oracle Application Testing Suite Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Application Testing Suite pricing:
"The price of the Oracle Application Testing Suite is not expensive. It is less expensive than other solutions."

Oracle Application Testing Suite Reviews

Rishabh-Sharma - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Engineer at Cignity Technology
Very compatible with Oracle Forms and the object identification feature is very valuable, but the tool does lag from time to time
  • "The most valuable feature is the object identification feature."
  • "Oracle Application Testing Suite does encounter some lag. When I am trying to record something, the tool gets stuck."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for functional testing. We have scenarios related to Oracle applications where we need to create a purchase order, for example, and we use it for the automation perspective. We use it for regression testing.

We currently have five projects that we are working on. Each project requires ten members. We have approximately 60 people using the solution. The teams are made up of leads, software developers, and engineers. The experience level is anywhere from intermediate to growth level.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the object identification feature, the recording feature is the prime feature that open script has. I also like the connectivity with Oracle Forms, it is very compatible.

What needs improvement?

I have heard that some support will not be provided by Oracle after June. Going forward, if there are any issues with the tool, or if the recording feature with Edge is not available, there is Chrome, IE, and Firefox, however, IE is already decommissioned because of security concerns. I would like the solution to record the Edge browser.

In future releases, I would like Oracle to scan only one particular application and to make sure that all the elements are recorded in it. This way, we only have to change minor details.

I have been using Oracle Application Testing Suite for five years.

Performance Testing Tools
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Micro Focus, Apache and others in Performance Testing Tools. Updated: July 2022.
622,949 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is able to record various web-based applications, including Tableau which uses its own flex framework and imaged-based recording is available. It is a very scalable tool.

We have raised tickets to Oracle Application Testing Suite technical support. Depending on the severity and what we require from Oracle, they are always receptive. Support is very good.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

Before Oracle Application Testing Suite we were using UFT. We chose Oracle because we also use Oracle Forms. The two solutions are very compatible.

I have been doing the setup for many years, so it is easy for me. We also have the documentation available, making it quite easy to set up.

It takes a total of one hour to set up, including installations of Java versions and Chrome browser.

We install Oracle Application Testing Suite ourselves in-house.

We have looked into Tosca. Tosca only scans the particular application and all the elements are recorded onto it. We then only have to change minor details.

Personally, I also looked at POC and Selenium for the web application. Selenium can be integrated and has many add-ons that can be added, like customized reports. However, we need to work with Oracle Forms and Selenium cannot automate this.

What other advice do I have?

Any organization looking to use Oracle Application Testing Suite needs to understand the kind of application they want to automate. If it's automatable, or if it's a web application, I would suggest open source tools like Selenium.

If you want to use Oracle Application Testing, which has a number of features, then it can be helpful. It will record, and deal with the performance testing and load testing.

I would rate the solution a six and a half out of ten.

Practice Lead at Process Point Technologies Corporation
Highly scalable, effective with Java-based applications, and responsive support
  • "Oracle Application Testing Suite's most valuable feature is it works very smoothly with all Oracle Java-based applications."
  • "Oracle Application Testing Suite could improve by offering desktop-based application automation. It is lacking in this area at the moment."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Application Testing Suite is used for automating.

What is most valuable?

Oracle Application Testing Suite's most valuable feature is it works very smoothly with all Oracle Java-based applications.

What needs improvement?

Oracle Application Testing Suite could improve by offering desktop-based application automation. It is lacking in this area at the moment.

I have been using Oracle Application Testing Suite for approximately seven and a half years.

Oracle Application Testing Suite has been used for many years and it is highly stable.

I rate the stability of Oracle Application Testing Suite a nine out of ten.

Oracle Application Testing Suite is easy to scale. We can use multiple applications and use different scripts. The solution is highly scalable.

We have approximately 15 people using this solution in my organization.

We have raised tickets with Oracle for support. The support is the best. However, depending on the level of support that you have. If you have the 24/hour seven days week support, you will not have any issues with the support.

I rate the support from Oracle Application Testing Suite a

We have other solutions similar to Oracle Application Testing Suite, such as Automation Anywhere and UiPath. We found that Oracle Application Testing Suite is the best for form-based automation.

The initial setup of the Oracle Application Testing Suite is simple.

The price of the Oracle Application Testing Suite is not expensive. It is less expensive than other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if they are using any Oracle Cloud Fusion-based or on-premise-based application, this is a good solution to use.

I rate Oracle Application Testing Suite an eight out of ten.

Download our free Performance Testing Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Micro Focus, Apache, and more!
Updated: July 2022