We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

OpenText 360 for SharePoint OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

OpenText 360 for SharePoint is #16 ranked solution in BPM Software. PeerSpot users give OpenText 360 for SharePoint an average rating of 10 out of 10. OpenText 360 for SharePoint is most commonly compared to Apache Airflow: OpenText 360 for SharePoint vs Apache Airflow. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.
What is OpenText 360 for SharePoint?
With Process360, businesses can take advantage of enterprise process applications delivered on top of SharePoint that also leverage other Microsoft technologies for content management, collaboration, user interface design, and integrated communications.

OpenText 360 for SharePoint was previously known as Process 360, Global 360, OpenText Process 360 .

Download the Business Process Management (BPM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

OpenText 360 for SharePoint Customers
iTAC Software, AG Alcatel-Lucent, Pacific Life, Deutsche Verbindungsstelle Krankenversicherung Ausland (DVKA)
OpenText 360 for SharePoint Video

Archived OpenText 360 for SharePoint Reviews (more than two years old)

Consultant at a consultancy
You can use all the features without worrying about making the system update patches, all of the issues are taken care of in the cloud version
  • "It's all now on cloud subscription, so you can use all the features without worrying about making the system updates patches."
  • "They need to come with more out of the box solutions, rather than depending on customers to develop them."

What is our primary use case?

OpenText Process 360 is modular and there is also an integration with OpenText Content Suite. It's all now on cloud subscription, so you can use all the features without worrying about making the system update patches. All of the issues are taken care of in the cloud version.

How has it helped my organization?

OpenText Process 360 has our systems up and running, at least going forward. It's modular and has more features than other products from a financial point of view.

What needs improvement?

They need better solutions for common functionalities, like every week related activities, and customer support. They need to come with more out of the box solutions, rather than depending on customers to develop them.

I like SharePoint where you have work bots, so I hope they come up with a similar concept. Add the reusability of whatever components we configure. I believe this will be an advantage in the future.

I have been using OpenText Process 360 for one year.

In the beginning, OpenText Process 360 was not doing well. At least some patches were applied to fix the issues. To be honest, my experience with OpenText is that usually, they are not doing too much on quality assurance with their product.

They are launching new features into the market but based on the customer feedback, they;re still incomplete. They are reactive. This is one of the difficulties of their solution.

I believe it is easy to scale. We have a local administrator. There is also a technical administrator. Within each function, we have one administrator who is managing a business site, helping users, initiating requests, inserting workflows and processes. We are supporting about 500 users now.

We are also evaluating OpenText Process 360 in the HR sector. Maybe we'll extend it to the administration of domains as well.

I believe we have this service agreement, and we are responsible for the contract with OpenText Process 360. We don't face any issues. There are different models they are offering. They are responsible for everything from A to Z. They are offering also another alternative where they have on-site support, plus a user model where they have normal support.

What we have done is we are getting some professional service agreements with OpenText Process 360. They are inviting us officially. We are contacting tech support on a monthly basis. On top of this, they provide 24/7 support.

We were using SharePoint. There is another tool for the workflow on top of SharePoint. It's similar to Flex. It was okay, but we moved our enterprise content solution to OpenText.

We find it is efficient to have the same solution from the same company for the transactional beta workflow and business process management.

OpenText Process 360 is costly compared to SharePoint. There is a very costly investment required to license the product.

I don't want to spend a lot on user licenses. The integration with OpenText Process was very complicated on licensing. This product supports the definition of roles and responsibilities. We are making a lot of investment in infrastructure and hardware with all this support.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to someone considering this solution is that before looking into the technology solution, understand what your business requirement is. Try to optimize the business process service before you go for automation and spending too much on this.

You'll pay a license while you are developing your business process. Optimize it a while, checking the laws and responsibilities. It is more valuable to spend the most time on the business side before you go for a set cost.

I would give OpenText Process 360 an eight out of ten because nothing is perfect. There is a lot of room for improvement with the product.

Line Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables us to automate a number of processes. The development tool should be made user-friendly.
  • "We have manual processes, so the workflow enables us to automate a number of these processes."
  • "We have a very good time to market tool, and the development platform should be made user-friendly. Mostly, it's just support."

What is our primary use case?

We have been using it internally for a number of workflows for onboarding customers from our banking branches.

Now, we need to replace it because the product is coming upon its end of life. This is why we are considering replacing it with another BPM tool. The current version should be at the end of life in one or two years.

How has it helped my organization?

Internally, when a customer comes into a bank, we can onboard him onto our internet banking platform to receive a debit card and a credit card. We also use Case 360 for:

• Access rights management
  • Process management
  • Signature verification
  • Pending orders, etc.

What needs improvement?

The support is being provided by the vendor whenever there are issues, it should be at a very high level. In a banking institution, it is fundamental that if you are using workflow automated processes that you receive the right level of support for implementation.

More than five years.

It is not so stable.

It is not scalable.

We had many manual processes and we needed to look for a tool to automate those processes. That is why we moved to using BPM tools.

We are currently comparing two other BPM tool: Appian and Camunda.

What other advice do I have?

Up until now, it has served its purpose. As we moved in these times, the demand gets bigger, and we need faster things with quicker support and implementation.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Product features
  • Terms of implementation
  • It usability
  • Scalability
  • Support.
Download our free Business Process Management (BPM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Pega, Camunda, and more!