We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Corporate Infrastructure Manager at Emak
Great speed, compression and duplication
  • "The speed of the operations and of creation of VM is fantastic."
  • "Storage utilization and optimization should be better."

What is our primary use case?

We have only made use of the virtual machine.

What is most valuable?

We are very satisfied with the speed, compression and duplication. The solution is transparent. The speed of the operations and of creation of VM is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

Storage utilization and optimization should be better.

While the product is great, in certain situations we find it less easy to deal with than how it is presented.

In the next release, I hope to see a certain and easier means of doing updates, since we have encountered many problems in this arena.

While the solution is stable, we find it difficult to update. I thought this should be easier to do, but we have encountered difficulty with updating the ESXi and Nutanix versions.

We are currently using Nutanix Acropolis AOS.

While the solution is stable, we find it difficult to update. I thought this should be easier to do, but we have encountered difficulty with updating the ESXi and Nutanix versions.

I cannot, as yet, address scalability, as we have not expanded the cluster thus far.

I did not handle the installation. This was done by a system integrator.

What other advice do I have?

We don't use the hypervisor of Nutanix, but only take advantage of its hyperconvergence system. We also use VMware Hypervisor.

We deploy the solution in our organization on-premises. This is because we have ERP on-cloud and a VMware infrastructure satellite server, meaning this server is on-premises, but our ERP is on-cloud.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS as an eight out of ten.

Business Development Manager at Thakral One (Pvt) Ltd
The technology is the most valuable feature
  • "The technology of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is the most valuable feature. You don't need multiple screens to manage."
  • "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is new technology in a competitive market. Pricing is too high for a new product and requires better discounts to be able to compete with IBM, Dell EMC, and HP."

What is our primary use case?

Our company is a partner with Nutranix. We propose solutions like Nutanix Acropolis AOS to our customers.

We replace and patch HP servers at one of the biggest telecom providers in Sri Lanka.

What is most valuable?

This solution is better than its competitors.

What needs improvement?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is new technology in a competitive market. Pricing is too high for a new product and requires better discounts to be able to compete with IBM, Dell EMC, and HP.

Nutanix is a stable product.

Customer support at Nutanix is good, we have no complaints.

The initial setup of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is quite easy it takes about three days.

We used local people that were trained by Nutanix. Once deployed it takes two or three people to maintain the solution.

VMware licenses are quite expensive. Customers are getting cost benefits while using Nutanix. The licenses are billed annually.

We also work with SimpliVity and VMware.

What other advice do I have?

If you are looking for flexibility, space-saving, power-saving, and the best ROI, this is the solution to use.

The solution is new in our market so there are no local representatives here.

Because this is a new product it is not yet certified with a lot of ERP vendors in this region.

I would rate this product an 8 out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
565,304 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Network Specialist, Information Technology at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to manage, quick to deploy, and the high performance keeps our transaction processing fast and efficient
  • "The most valuable features are simple management and one-click upgrades."
  • "This solution would be improved with built-in integration with Rubrik."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to replace legacy infrastructure and to improve production.

We wanted a solution that would allow us to easily manage and upgrade without a noticeable impact on the users. We found ourselves having to search for different outage windows that nobody liked in our old infrastructure.

What is also important is the reliability of the upgrade and how it works with the rest of our infrastructure. The security and encryption are also enterprise-grade, which is something that we like.

Overall, the solution works very well with our environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been running Nutanix since 2019 and it has been a day and night difference from our old infrastructure. The high availability of the CVMs along with high performance on the hosts has made transaction processing fast and efficient.

The deployment did not take long and everything on Nutanix is performing blazing fast. The simplicity of management is fantastic and the learning curve is great as well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are simple management and one-click upgrades. The ability to upgrade during the day, although not recommended, works and is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with built-in integration with Rubrik.

We have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for one year.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

My advice is to get the ultimate license, as it is worth it.

We evaluated VxRail before implementing this solution.

Maan Othman
Senior System Engineer at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Scalable, reliable, easy to setup, and it has wonderful support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for software-defined storage, central storage, virtualization, and hyper-converged infrastructures. Also, for an on-premises cloud experience.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most are the high-availability and scalability. I am comfortable with all of the features.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like better and more competitive pricing.

I have been using this solution since 2016, almost four years. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable product.

It's a scalable product. We have many deployments; one of them has approximately 1000…

What is our primary use case?

Also, for an on-premises cloud experience.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most are the high-availability and scalability.

I am comfortable with all of the features.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like better and more competitive pricing.

I have been using this solution since 2016, almost four years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable product.

It's a scalable product.

We have many deployments; one of them has approximately 1000 employees. Some have 30 employees, and others that I have implemented have 500 users.

Technical support is very cooperative, and wonderful in their support.

Previously, I did not use another similar solution.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took a few hours to deploy.

I am an integrator and completed the installation myself.

The licensing costs are a bit expensive but when you compare the features, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others and I will continue to integrate this solution into the future.

I would rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS solution a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Integrator.
Atul Pandey
Nutanix ,Vmware & AWS Admin at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Outstanding support, good storage feature, reliable, scales well, and is reasonably priced
  • "The hyperconvergence service, as well as the DR solution, are game-changers for Nutanix."
  • "It would be great if they could improve the GUI features."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of this solution are the storage feature on the File Server.

What needs improvement?

Some of the features in the user interface can only be accessed through the command-line interface.

It would be great if they could improve the GUI features.

I have been working with Nutanix Acropolis AOS for more than five years.

The stability of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is very good. In the five years that I have been working with this solution, I have not had any issues with stability.

The scalability is good. I have created many clusters.

The technical support is excellent. I've never received this level of service from another vendor.

I have only worked with Nutanix Hyperconverged solutions.

The initial setup is easy, especially when compared with other products.

When compared to the competitors, the price is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I am a technical administrator. I am responsible for the installation, configuration, and management of Acropolis.

They must consider all of the requirements for implementing this solution; otherwise, they will have stability issues.

I would rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS an eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
Senior Director at a tech vendor with 201-500 employees
Multiple hypervisor compatibility, simple upgrades, and reliable
  • "One of the main features of the solution is that it works on many hypervisors. It is a big advantage. Additionally, the solution is compatible with VMware and Hyper-V, and the management interface, which is called Prism, is very intuitive and user-friendly."
  • "One disadvantage of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is it doesn't support external storage. Connecting external SAN storage to Nutanix, it's not supported."

What is most valuable?

The solution upgrades very easily with the one-click upgrade feature. There are no hassles, it can upgrade the firmware and all the software. The management is very easy.

What needs improvement?

One disadvantage of Nutanix Acropolis AOS is it doesn't support external storage. Connecting external SAN storage to Nutanix, it's not supported.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately three years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is stable.

The scalability has been good, it is easy to scale.

The technical support has been good.

The solution is easy to install.

The price of the solution could improve. Nutanix has recently changed its pricing model from perpetual to subscription. They have identified there are challenges with the pricing model.

The technical support we have as part of the package we purchased.

What other advice do I have?

If that a customer wants hypervisors flexibility, simplicity, scalability, and a price advantage over VMware, Nutanix is a good choice that they should consider.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS an eight out of ten.

Solution Sales Manager at I-net globalindo
I had a good experience last time I contacted support

What is our primary use case?

We're looking for a solution that integrates with cloud technologies, so we want to adopt a Nutanix service.

How has it helped my organization?

Acropolis could help us build a cloud environment for our company.

What needs improvement?

We would like to see a cloud version of Acropolis AOS. Currently, we're trying to implement an AWS environment for some solutions, but we would like to use another technology also to enhance our organization, so we are looking for another technology for this, especially a cloud solution.

We've been trying out Acropolis for about two weeks to a month, so I'm not an expert.

It has been stable so far.

What do I think

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

Acropolis could help us build a cloud environment for our company.

What needs improvement?

It has been stable so far.

During our trial, we have 30 users, but we plan to implement for around 300 or so in the future.

I had a good experience last time I contacted Nutanix support.

My tech team handled the setup so I can't comment on that, but it took about a week. Maybe five staff members would be enough for deployment and maintenance.

The license for Acropolis is monthly.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Acropolis AOS eight out of 10.

system administrator at a comms service provider with 51-200 employees
Knowledgeable support, simple deployment, and one click cluster operations
  • "Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, it is a great platform."
  • "In the future, I would like to see multi-tenancy in Nutanix Acropolis AOS."

What is most valuable?

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is easy to use, it is a great platform.

What needs improvement?

In the future, I would like to see multi-tenancy in Nutanix Acropolis AOS.

I have used Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately six years.

The scalability is very easy. You plug in another node and that's it.

The support provided for Nutanix Acropolis AOS is very good. They know the products well, if you have any error on a cluster or any problem with workloads on Nutanix, the engineer's support is great.

The initial setup was very simple. You only need to deploy the clusters and Nutanix configures all the clusters. In one day we were in production. When comparing the process to the VMware solution, it is less complex.

The solution could be a little less expensive.

If you want to run Nutanix on Windows, you have to pay for a license and if you want to have an Oracle Database, you have to pay a license for Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

With the simplicity of the deployment and the one-click operations over the cluster, Nutanix Acropolis AOS is a good solution. You have to have cloud experience.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a ten out of ten.

Download our free Nutanix Acropolis AOS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.