We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Consulting Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 5,001-10,000 employees
MSP
Easy to use and manage from a single pane of glass, but they need to focus more on integration
  • "It has a single pane of glass and you don't have to jump around various toolsets."
  • "This product would be improved if it included a hybrid cloud solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for VDI.

What is most valuable?

The tool for operations is pretty easy to use. It has a single pane of glass and you don't have to jump around various toolsets.

What needs improvement?

This product would be improved if it included a hybrid cloud solution.

Better integration with various solutions with Citrix would be helpful, as well as perhaps working with VMware on Workspace ONE.

I have been using Acropolis AOS for approximately six months.

AOS is pretty stable and I know that they are continuing to invest, so it is improving.

This is a scalable product.

I have been in contact with technical support and they are okay. I wouldn't say anything bad.

We had another solution prior to this one, and it was a corporate, executive decision to switch.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment took less than two weeks.

Yes had some assistance from a consulting firm for the deployment.

This product is less expensive than some of the competing HCI solutions.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is looking into Nutanix Acropolis AOS is to have a look at the other solutions on the market because the suitability of one over the other might depend on your business requirements and what it is that you are trying to do.

This is a good product but in the future, I would like to see them focus on integration and simplicity because it would help to make it more user-friendly.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Jeetendra Nath
Sr. Associate Vice President at Hitachi Systems, Ltd.
Reseller
Easy to use, simple to manage, and very scalable
  • "The product is easy to manage."
  • "I'm not very technical, so I don't know if there are any features that are really lacking. Our customers seem pleased with it, and I haven't heard of any downsides."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to deploy to clients. We suggest the best solution for their requirements, which is often Nutanix, and we implement it for them. Each client has different requirements, so each user's primary use might be slightly different.

What is most valuable?

The solution brings a lot of convenience and ease of use for the customer.

The product is easy to manage.

It has easy scalability, which is one of its great advantages. A customer will often look for this feature.

The solution is highly compatible with other platforms.

What needs improvement?

I'm not really using the solution. I am a reseller and I sell it to clients who are actually the end-users.

The solution is stable. There aren't bugs or glitches and it doesn't freeze or crash on us. It's reliable.

The scalability is very, very good. It's one of the selling points. If a company needs to scale the solution, they can do so easily.

The technical support is very good. We don't have any complaints about how they interact with us or our clients.

We have some integrators on our team. We implement the solution for our clients as resellers.

I'm not sure what the pricing on the solution is.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Nutanix reseller.

We would recommend this solution to others. We tend to recommend it often to our clients.

All of our customers rate this solution very high, so I would rate it overall at an eight out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Nutanix Acropolis AOS. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
563,780 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Lincoln Pinto
CEO at ISG
Reseller
Good documentation and support, with a strong community that is responsive

What is our primary use case?

We are a reseller and Nutanix Acropolis AOS is one of the products that I have experience with. I have three nodes, and I am very satisfied with it. I deploy my ERP and my CRM into this infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides very good opportunities.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the one-click to update the firmware and software. This is a very good feature for me.

What needs improvement?

The access speed needs to be improved. I would like to see official compatibility with Red Hat in the future. This is important because we have a lot of customers who are using Red Hat.

We have been working with this product for approximately a year and a half. …

What is our primary use case?

How has it helped my organization?

This solution provides very good opportunities.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The access speed needs to be improved.

We have been working with this product for approximately a year and a half.

The stability is very good.

The scalability is wonderful, as it is very easy to increase scale.

Our clients are medium and large-sized companies.

Nutanix technical support is very good. The documentation and the community are also very good. There are a lot of blogs in the network and they respond very quickly when we have a problem.

The initial setup is very easy. The length of time required for deployment depends on the packages and functionality. In some instances, we have deployed in one minute, whereas in others, it has taken 30 minutes.

We have a team of developers and they are responsible for the deployment we use in the company.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a very good product. I would say that it is a Top of the World solution.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Sisir Ghosh
Deputy Manager at CESC Ventures
Fair pricing, well-equipped customer support, scalable and plenty of tools

What is our primary use case?

We have a lot of homegrown applications using the solutions within the generation and distribution within the company. These internal teams that develop that software, they are primarily on a different architecture. The ones we use are Java and Oracle with Weblogic as the application server and the other one used is Lan Stack. We have been using this configuration for more than 60 years.

What is most valuable?

The solution has single-window management, the ability to create VMs and monitor their usage on the fly, and the ability to add more resources if required. There are a lot of tools the solution comes with and the performance is good.

What needs improvement?

The ability to create clusters faster would be nice to see in a future release.

For

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The ability to create clusters faster would be nice to see in a future release.

I have been using the solution for more than one year.

In terms of scalability, adding a number of nodes, I find that it will not be any issues. Upgrades are very easy, I can run compatibly check and then download the upgrades that are available. It is just a mouse click.

I have been quite happy with the support from Nutanix during the past year. They have well-equipped support staff always on the phone when I am in contact. They know my architecture, subjects that are important for me, and the staff is quite conversant with the tool that they use.

The implementation was straightforward and we are currently only using a fixed node cluster.

The pricing is fair for the package.

What other advice do I have?

In terms of the solution overall, there are positive responses from my side.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a nine out of ten.

Presales Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Fast technical support, stable, but scalability could improve

What is our primary use case?

We use Nutanix Acropolis AOS for compute virtualization. The main purpose was to replace FlexPod. The important problem we were trying to solve was to replicate between the two data centers. However, we encountered some issues.

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately two years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS has very good stability.

The scalability of the solution had some issues because there were many VMs and the replication ran into some bottlenecks. It was an issue that was known to Nutanix and it was not disclosed to the customer.

The support…

What is our primary use case?

I have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for approximately two years.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS has very good stability.

The support is very good, responsive, and helpful. Even with the issue we had,  where they did not disclose beforehand, they were very quick and helpful with fixing it.

I have used HPE SimpliVity previously and Nutanix Acropolis AOS is better.

We had a service provider do the implementation of the solution for us. They were able to do it quickly.

The amount of people needed for the deployment and maintenance depends on the size of the implementation. We had 30 or 40 hardware systems and they're servicing them with a team of six people.

Nutanix Acropolis AOS is affordable, it has good value. The final price depends a lot on the hardware used, it's an appliance in the end. Whether you use HPE as the hardware vendor or Supermicro as the hardware vendor, it really depends on what hardware is used which is the main cost.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS a seven out of ten.

Corporate Infrastructure Manager at Emak
Great speed, compression and duplication
  • "The speed of the operations and of creation of VM is fantastic."
  • "Storage utilization and optimization should be better."

What is our primary use case?

We have only made use of the virtual machine.

What is most valuable?

We are very satisfied with the speed, compression and duplication. The solution is transparent. The speed of the operations and of creation of VM is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

Storage utilization and optimization should be better.

While the product is great, in certain situations we find it less easy to deal with than how it is presented.

In the next release, I hope to see a certain and easier means of doing updates, since we have encountered many problems in this arena.

While the solution is stable, we find it difficult to update. I thought this should be easier to do, but we have encountered difficulty with updating the ESXi and Nutanix versions.

We are currently using Nutanix Acropolis AOS.

While the solution is stable, we find it difficult to update. I thought this should be easier to do, but we have encountered difficulty with updating the ESXi and Nutanix versions.

I cannot, as yet, address scalability, as we have not expanded the cluster thus far.

I did not handle the installation. This was done by a system integrator.

What other advice do I have?

We don't use the hypervisor of Nutanix, but only take advantage of its hyperconvergence system. We also use VMware Hypervisor.

We deploy the solution in our organization on-premises. This is because we have ERP on-cloud and a VMware infrastructure satellite server, meaning this server is on-premises, but our ERP is on-cloud.

I rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS as an eight out of ten.

Network Specialist, Information Technology at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to manage, quick to deploy, and the high performance keeps our transaction processing fast and efficient
  • "The most valuable features are simple management and one-click upgrades."
  • "This solution would be improved with built-in integration with Rubrik."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to replace legacy infrastructure and to improve production.

We wanted a solution that would allow us to easily manage and upgrade without a noticeable impact on the users. We found ourselves having to search for different outage windows that nobody liked in our old infrastructure.

What is also important is the reliability of the upgrade and how it works with the rest of our infrastructure. The security and encryption are also enterprise-grade, which is something that we like.

Overall, the solution works very well with our environment.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been running Nutanix since 2019 and it has been a day and night difference from our old infrastructure. The high availability of the CVMs along with high performance on the hosts has made transaction processing fast and efficient.

The deployment did not take long and everything on Nutanix is performing blazing fast. The simplicity of management is fantastic and the learning curve is great as well.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are simple management and one-click upgrades. The ability to upgrade during the day, although not recommended, works and is fantastic.

What needs improvement?

This solution would be improved with built-in integration with Rubrik.

We have been using Nutanix Acropolis AOS for one year.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

My advice is to get the ultimate license, as it is worth it.

We evaluated VxRail before implementing this solution.

Maan Othman
Senior System Engineer at a comms service provider with 201-500 employees
Scalable, reliable, easy to setup, and it has wonderful support

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for software-defined storage, central storage, virtualization, and hyper-converged infrastructures. Also, for an on-premises cloud experience.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most are the high-availability and scalability. I am comfortable with all of the features.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like better and more competitive pricing.

I have been using this solution since 2016, almost four years. We are using the latest version.

It's a stable product.

It's a scalable product. We have many deployments; one of them has approximately 1000…

What is our primary use case?

Also, for an on-premises cloud experience.

What is most valuable?

What I like the most are the high-availability and scalability.

I am comfortable with all of the features.

What needs improvement?

In the next release, I would like better and more competitive pricing.

I have been using this solution since 2016, almost four years.

We are using the latest version.

It's a stable product.

It's a scalable product.

We have many deployments; one of them has approximately 1000 employees. Some have 30 employees, and others that I have implemented have 500 users.

Technical support is very cooperative, and wonderful in their support.

Previously, I did not use another similar solution.

The initial setup was straightforward and it took a few hours to deploy.

I am an integrator and completed the installation myself.

The licensing costs are a bit expensive but when you compare the features, it's reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others and I will continue to integrate this solution into the future.

I would rate Nutanix Acropolis AOS solution a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Integrator.
Download our free Nutanix Acropolis AOS Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.