Lead Cloud Security Practice at Vincacyber
Responsive support, reliable, and has plenty of features
  • "I have found the most useful features to be the Web Secure Gateway, CASB, infrastructural service scanning, and Zero Trust."
  • "There should be some granular custom roles that are not available. However, this is on the road map. There are many devices that do not have the Zero Trust feature and other enhancements available which they should have."

What is our primary use case?

I have done a couple of implementations from small to large enterprise IT companies.

What is most valuable?

I have found the most useful features to be the Web Secure Gateway, CASB, infrastructural service scanning, and Zero Trust. Additionally, the UI is very simple to work with.

What needs improvement?

There should be some granular custom roles that are not available. However, this is on the road map. There are many devices that do not have the Zero Trust feature and other enhancements available which they should have.

In an upcoming release, they need to improve the reverse proxy. There are only a limited amount of applications that support it and are not able to be managed. Additionally, there should be improvements in the policy structure to restrict scrolling up and down.

I have been using the solution for approximately three years.

Netskope CASB
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Netskope CASB. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable. However, if you do not keep the solution upgraded monthly you might run into some stability issues.

The solution is suitable for small to large enterprise companies.

The technical support is very good with the premium service. They were very responsive with the solutions we needed and the tickets we were dealt with at a high priority.

The price of the solution is fair but it depends on your use case.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to those wanting to implement the solution is you have to plan it out first. It is always good to know exactly how the solution operates before you are going to implement it. Plan it accordingly, rather than deploying it on all machines. First implement it on every business unit with some test users, test plans, test policies deployed, and test it out. Not all applications are supported by any of the security of the entire solution. Those applications that are not supported you have to bypass them. At this stage, only the deployment has to be done. You have a defined project plan and it is important to follow it.

I rate Netskope CASB a nine out of ten.

Lead - Information Security at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Simple and straightforward interface, helpful technical support
  • "The feature that I like best is the GUI."
  • "Setting up policies is something that we having been doing, and if the vendor were to provide example use cases that included different implementation options then it would be very useful for us."

What is our primary use case?

I do not have a great deal of experience with this product, although we are using it for cloud security. Since everybody is adopting cloud technologies such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, they want to ensure that their data is secure. This product can be used to help people access our cloud applications securely, control users, and manage data movement over the cloud with respect to our data classification policies.

We have conducted a PoC but have not used it in our production environment.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps put into place governance of the cloud in terms of usage.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I like best is the GUI. The user interface is simple and straightforward to use.

What needs improvement?

They should include a playbook that includes how to create multiple run loops, which would allow us to implement some level of automation.

We have been using Netskope CASB for almost a year.

It is scalable in terms of it being cloud-based. Scaling to the number of users you require is a matter of licensing. We have seven users in the organization.

The technical support is pretty good. We have had a few incidents and they supports us well.

We did not use a similar solution prior to NetSlope. However, as part of our evaluation process, we have used several products from different vendors.

Installing NetSkope involves setting up an agent on the user's machine.

McAfee has better options for scalability.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product, we have not found any problems, and I recommend it.

Netskope CASB
November 2022
656,862 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SUDIPTABISWAS - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Manager - Information Technology at Emami Ltd
We find most of the features to be valuable
  • "Netskope is a really good product. I cannot segregate which features are the most valuable. We find most of the features to be valuable. It gives us what we are looking for."
  • "Support services could definitely be improved. Support is the one area that can always use improvement. It's an evolving thing, so based on demand and based on market requirement and the way market is moving towards."

What is most valuable?

Netskope is a really good product. I cannot segregate which features are the most valuable. We find most of the features to be valuable. It gives us what we are looking for.

What needs improvement?

There is no real room for improvement that I can think of. Most of the features meet our requirements. I don't see anything that can be improved now. If something would need improvement I would offer the suggestion and I believe it would be taken care of.

Support services could definitely be improved. Support is the one area that can always use improvement. It's an evolving thing, so based on demand and based on market requirement and the way market is moving towards.

I have been using Netskope for one year.

It's quite stable. As of now, we haven't had any kinds of bugs or anything within our environment.

It's scalable. We have around 500 users using it at my company.

Technical support is good.

The initial setup was straight forward.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend it.

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Information Technology Sourcing Lead - Global Procurement Shared Services at a consumer goods company with 10,001+ employees
Good support and better than other solutions
  • "They are very good at CASB as compared to other players."
  • "They can focus more on ease of admin, ease of use, and ease of migration. Migration should be simple for companies that are using a different platform and would like to move to Netskope. Everyone looks for a simple migration. They can also focus more on cloud services and cloud trends. They have to see the cloud market, and they should try to compete with Zscaler and other players. They should also work on licensing costs."

What is most valuable?

They are very good at CASB as compared to other players.

What needs improvement?

They can focus more on ease of admin, ease of use, and ease of migration. Migration should be simple for companies that are using a different platform and would like to move to Netskope. Everyone looks for a simple migration.

They can also focus more on cloud services and cloud trends. They have to see the cloud market, and they should try to compete with Zscaler and other players. They should also work on licensing costs.

I have been using this solution for a year.

Their support is good, but there is room for improvement.

We are also using Zscaler.

It was not complex, but it was also not easy. The deployment took close to two months for us.

We used a reseller.

They should work on licensing costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others. It is a good product.

I would rate Netskope CASB a nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
End User Computing Specialist at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Easy and quick deployment and very good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We are a Netskope partner. We deploy this solution and also do the demos to demonstrate the power of Netskope to our customers.

What is most valuable?

Its deployment is very easy and quick. Their technical support is also very good.

What needs improvement?

It should have user behavior analysis and diverse analysis.

We have about 50 users of this solution. We do not plan to aggregate new users in the network and increase its usage.

Their technical support is very good. They quickly answer the questions, and it is very easy to open a case and communicate with them. They always resolve the issues.

We are also a Palo Alto partner. For some user cases, Palo Alto is more suitable. In my point of view, Netskope is better for IT security or Cloud security than Palo Alto.

Its initial setup is very easy and straightforward. It takes one or two weeks.

Licensing is on a yearly basis.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Netskope CASB an eight out of ten.

Head Of Information Security at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Stable, beneficial client size and effective architectural components

What is our primary use case?

We use Netskope CASB to establish an audit trail of all the accesses to SAS applications, and other applications hosted on our cloud infrastructure. We use it for the identification of shadow IT applications. Additionally, we use Netskope CASB to have the visibility of all the applications hosted on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The client size and architectural components in Netskope are far better than other solutions.

What needs improvement?

There could be better integration with other solutions.

I have been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

Netskope CASB is scalable.

The solution is easy to implement.

There is a license required for this solution and there are many licensing models available. For example, what applications are covered as part of the license.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Netskope CASB an eight out of ten.

Download our free Netskope CASB Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022