IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Infocyte HUNT OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Infocyte HUNT is #26 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give Infocyte HUNT an average rating of 6 out of 10. Infocyte HUNT is most commonly compared to SentinelOne: Infocyte HUNT vs SentinelOne. Infocyte HUNT is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 48% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Infocyte HUNT?

Infocyte HUNT is an “agentless” platform, designed to check the endpoints in your network for possible breaches, without requiring complex equipment and installations on the endpoints. The product complements the existing traditional defence mechanisms by combining forensic automation with patented algorithms.

Infocyte HUNT Customers
Check Point Software, PwC, Grant Thornton, AT&T, DHL, U.S. Department of Defense
Infocyte HUNT Video

Infocyte HUNT Reviews

Florian - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Manager at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
Good security scanning, but has a complex setup and the stability isn't ideal
  • "The insight that the solution provides is the most valuable aspect. The security scanning they do is excellent."
  • "The deployment of the solution right now is terrible. We find it to be very bad. It could be improved enormously."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

The deployment of the solution right now is terrible. We find it to be very bad. It could be improved enormously. The stability isn't ideal. The agents are in locked states and need to be reinstalled occasionally. There's also an area where they lack is the grouping of the agents. If it could be made a little easier to manage and for agents to be moved around it would make for a better solution. The solution needs to offer more support of different operating systems.

I've been using the solution for three months.
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Infocyte, SentinelOne, CrowdStrike and others in Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR). Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability isn't quite ideal yet. It has work to do. Sometimes the agents are in locked states and they need to be reinstalled from time to time.

With the nature of that install on OS, the platform itself is scalable. However, they lack support for operating systems. Some of the older versions of Linux and Linux, in general, are not supported.

There was support for the tool itself being able to be installed on different platforms. Trying the support, we found them to be pretty responsive. Overall, we've been very satisfied with the service.

We didn't previously use a different solution. Infocyte HUNT was the first one we've worked with in this manner.

The initial setup is not straightforward at all. It's very complex. The deployment is not an enjoyable process at all.  We tried to use the integration strategies such as the regular deployment tools like SCCA. However, the provided binaries don't work with those tools. We had to do a lot of the installation manually. It took time.

I didn't take part in the purchasing process and therefore can't speak to the costs surrounding licensing.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company. I'm not sure which version of the solution I'm currently using. As I'm on cloud deployment, I believe it to be the most recent version. I'd warn others considering the solution that they'll need to build their own packages, so they should be prepared for that. I'd rate the solution six out of ten.