We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

HyperScience OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HyperScience is #5 ranked solution in top Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) tools. PeerSpot users give HyperScience an average rating of 8 out of 10. HyperScience is most commonly compared to ABBYY FlexiCapture: HyperScience vs ABBYY FlexiCapture. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.
What is HyperScience?

HyperScience's proprietary machine learning solution extracts and transcribes handwritten, cursive script, and machine printed text with up to 95% automation and over 99.5% accuracy, helping enterprises reduce costs, streamline operations, and drive new business and revenue opportunities.

Download the Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

HyperScience Customers

Hyperscience's customers are some of the top enterprises in the Insurance, Government, Financial Services, and Healthcare industries.

HyperScience Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HyperScience pricing:
"I think HyperScience is cheaper when compared to other tools. They also have a lifetime licensing option."

HyperScience Reviews

Yogesh Shendage
OCR Developer at a tech vendor with 10,001+ employees
An intelligent document processing and automation solution that works well with hand written documents, but it would be better if it supported more formats
  • "I like that compared to other tools, HyperScience works best with handwritten documents."
  • "The product's usability could be better. The first pain point is that we're getting the output in a different format, and we were expecting a different timetable. The second point is that if you want better results, HyperScience says you have to configure a minimal PDF or a maximum of 400 PDFs. If you want results with 400 PDFs for what's written by these doctors, then you also configure the maximum of 400 templates for that. So, it's essentially a lack of support from HyperScience. In the next release, it would be better if failure scenarios were reduced. It would also help if they offered different formats, inputs or injections, and added different scenarios."

What is our primary use case?

We use HyperScience for testing purposes, document processing, and automation. We tested with both printed and handwritten documents that were related to the medical field. To get better results, we had to test the documents written in cursive and configure the maximum number of documents in HyperScience. If you want better than expected results, you must first configure more documents for that particular vendor.

How has it helped my organization?

We're automating invoices and some handwritten filled-out documents. We can automate with accuracy, and even though we used HyperScience initially for selling purposes and as a comparison tool, we're now getting these results with HyperScience.

What is most valuable?

I like that compared to other tools, HyperScience works best with handwritten documents.

What needs improvement?

The product's usability could be better. The first pain point is that we're getting the output in a different format, and we were expecting a different timetable. The second point is that if you want better results, HyperScience says you have to configure a minimal PDF or a maximum of 400 PDFs.

If you want results with 400 PDFs for what's written by these doctors, then you also configure the maximum of 400 templates for that. So, it's essentially a lack of support from HyperScience. In the next release, it would be better if failure scenarios were reduced. It would also help if they offered different formats, inputs or injections, and added different scenarios.

Whatever versions we have used were stable.

Technical support is responsive, and they will help you, just like other tools.

With Ephesoft Transact, we're getting these results. With ABBYY, we're getting these results. I think all the companies are also developing their own tools for this OCR. The difference between HyperScience and Ephesoft Transact is usability. Right now, I'm using HyperScience tools, and we are expecting basically the print form of the document. For table extraction and all these things, we're expecting the help of Ephesoft Transact. In terms of usability, Ephesoft Transact is one of the best tools for this extraction. But in the 2019.2 version, they were unable to capture the handwritten documents. They released a new version in the last month, 2020.1.05, and now they support handwritten documents.

For example, for an invoice table and table extraction, we have to set the required time to set up this table in ABBYY and other tools. They use new technology like AI/ML, and they have reduced the time to extract what the table contains. Initially, I think that it required about ten to 15 minutes to configure the table. Right now, they have definitely decreased the time with the help of AI/ML technology.

As a result, in terms of usability, I would say Ephesoft Transact is the best one. We were trained to use HyperScience because the management sanctioned it. They definitely compare other OCR tools for usability or scalability.

The initial setup was straightforward.

HyperScience was set up and installed by our own manager and the team.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson I have learned is that we have to configure the maximum number of templates for unstructured documents, and they have given the range that goes from a minimum of ten to a maximum of 400. That makes it a time-consuming job.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give HyperScience a seven.

Hybrid Cloud