Fortinet FortiSOAR OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fortinet FortiSOAR is the #12 ranked solution in SOAR tools. PeerSpot users give Fortinet FortiSOAR an average rating of 7.4 out of 10. Fortinet FortiSOAR is most commonly compared to Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR: Fortinet FortiSOAR vs Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR. Fortinet FortiSOAR is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 59% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Fortinet FortiSOAR?

Fortinet FortiSOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response) is a comprehensive security operations platform created to help SOC teams effectively respond to the growing volume of alarms, repetitive manual tasks, and resource shortage. This patented and customizable security operations workbench provides companies with automated playbooks, incident triaging, and real-time remediation to identify, defend, and counter threats. FortiSOAR effortlessly integrates with more than 350 security products and performs more than 3,000 actions to increase SOC team productivity. With this solution, response times are accelerated, containment is simplified, and mitigation times are cut from hours to seconds.

Fortinet FortiSOAR Features

Fortinet FortiSOAR has many valuable key features. Some of the most useful ones include:

• Streamlined, role-based incident management: With the help of FortiSOAR's Enterprise Role-Based Incident Management solution, businesses can handle sensitive data in accordance with SOC rules and guidelines while maintaining strong field level role-based access control.
  • Visual Playbook Builder: FortiSOAR's Visual Playbook Designer enables SOC teams to efficiently create, build, debug, control, and deploy playbooks.
  • Truly multi-tenant: FortiSOAR is a truly distributed multi-tenant solution with a scalable, resilient, secure, and distributed architecture that enables MSSPs to offer MDR-like services while supporting operations in regional and global SOC environments.

Fortinet FortiSOAR Benefits

There are many benefits to implementing Fortinet FortiSOAR. Some of the biggest advantages the solution offers include:

• Manage security alerts, incidents, indicators, assets, and tasks using a streamlined, user-friendly GUI.
  • By eliminating false positives and concentrating solely on the important alerts, the SOC team can work more productively.
  • Track ROI, MTTD, and MTTR with configurable reports and dashboards.
  • Automate using the Visual Playbook Designer's 3,000+ actions for automated workflows and connections and 350+ security platform integrations.
  • Reduce human error by using concise, auditable playbooks and custom modules to handle constantly changing investigative requirements.
  • From a single, collaborative console, scale your network security solution with a multi-tenant distributed architecture.
  • Detect real threats with automatic false positive filtering and forecast similar threats and campaigns with FortiSOAR's ML-powered recommendation engine.
  • Reduce repetitive activities by using automation, incident correlation, threat intelligence, and vulnerability data.
  • Utilize the built-in Incident War Room to streamline crisis management and collaborative P1 incident investigations.
  • Reduce the time it takes to find security incidents from hours to seconds.
  • Use the FortiSOAR mobile app to keep informed and make important decisions while you're on the go.
  • Utilizing the Connector Builder Wizard, you can quickly create and edit connectors within the product's user interface.
  • Flexible deployment options: VM, hosted, or cloud. Available on FortiCloud, AWS, Azure, and as management extensions on FAZ/FMG.

Reviews from Real Users

Another PeerSpot reviewer, a Vice President of Global Technology Infrastructure Automation at a financial services firm, notes of the product, “The most valuable feature is its centralization as you don't want to be going to different locations to correlate items or to piece anything together to derive meaningful insights.”

Zaidoon A., sales product manager at Nourneti, writes, “I like that the solution is integrated with FortiAnalyzer. The solution is scalable. The solution is stable.”

Fortinet FortiSOAR was previously known as CyberSponse, FortiSOAR.

Fortinet FortiSOAR Video

Archived Fortinet FortiSOAR Reviews (more than two years old)

Manjeet Yadav - PeerSpot reviewer
Specialist - Cyber Security at ACPL Systems Pvt Ltd
Quick detection and response time, with helpful playbooks used to automate our response
  • "It has a quick detection and response time."
  • "The area that needs improvement is integration with multiple third-party vendors."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as a next-generation firewall. It is used to restrict the breach that will occur from any particular malicious server command or control.

The primary focus is to save the customer's confidential data and break the connection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the playbooks that allow you to take action immediately after the approval of the analytics and anomalies.

It has a quick detection and response time.

What needs improvement?

The area that needs improvement is integration with multiple third-party vendors. For example, if you have customers who are using the CheckPoint firewall or Sophos firewall, and they are forwarding any logs to the Syslog format system, it should re-automate though the third-party firewall or any third-party proxy.

In the next release, I would like to see UEBA included. User entity behavior analytics is very important. Also, I would like to have the UEBA integrated with the cloud, making it accessible from any specified region. This would be very helpful for our customers.

I have been working with FortiSOAR for five years.

Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR)
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk and others in Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR). Updated: November 2022.
654,658 professionals have used our research since 2012.

After the new hardware and software were launched, it became more stable.

It's now scalable since the new release.

Technical support is good.

Depending on what hour you are calling, it may take some time. If you are calling within the same time zone then it 's fine, but if you are calling from Africa for example, it will be rerouted to another region.

I was not a part of the initial setup. I only saw the demo and it seems that it is easy, rather than complex.

Now that I have more hands-on experience, I see that it is easy to manage and configure.

Pricing is fine compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

I am a Fortinet certified engineer.

Depending on the customer's requirements, and based on their RFP demand and budget, I would recommend this product.

Hybrid Cloud
Cyber Security Tech Lead at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
A great security automation response and no missing features
  • "The product can be automated for network security purposes. The solution offers a great security automation response."
  • "I don't currently see where the solution is lacking features. For us and for our clients it works very well and we're pleased with it."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution with our clients for security operations.

What is most valuable?

The solution has many connectors, which is quite helpful.

It's easy to integrate the product with others.

The product can be automated for network security purposes. The solution offers a great security automation response.

What needs improvement?

The stability of the solution is good. It's not buggy or glitchy. It doesn't freeze. We're satisfied with the level of stability provided.

We have a local distributor for Fortinet that we contact when we need assistance with something technical. They're excellent when it comes to helping us. They're responsive and knowledgeable. I'd rate them very highly.

We've used Splunk in the past, however, we haven't used it in about two years.

The initial setup is not complex. It's straightforward. We found it to be quite easy to install.

It takes about one month to install everything. It's pretty quick. It also takes about one week to create a playbook and educate clients on the use of the device.

We help our clients implement this solution within their organizations.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Fortinet partner.

We're security integrators in Thailand, with clients in the banking and retail sectors, among other industries.

I'm not sure if we're using the latest version of the solution or not.

I'd recommend the solution. I've installed many products, and I believe Fortinet to be one of the best of them.

I would rate the solution five out of ten.

Download our free Security Orchestration Automation and Response (SOAR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Palo Alto Networks, Splunk, and more!
Updated: November 2022