IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is #3 ranked solution in top Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tools. PeerSpot users give Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is most commonly compared to Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention: Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention vs Microsoft Purview Data Loss Prevention. Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Buyer's Guide

Download the Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention?

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention (DLP) is a data loss prevention tool that protects users from advanced threats and data breaches. Forcepoint DLP’s technologies can quickly identify and protect sensitive data and provide insight and awareness into attacks on endpoint devices both on and off the network.

With company data constantly on the move, data security teams must have visibility and control across all channels - endpoint, web, network, email, and cloud. Forcepoint DLP provides protection and visibility across all data in the cloud as well as on-premises. One of the key features of Forcepoint DLP is its ability to identify data at rest, in motion, and in use and efficiently secure sensitive information.

Forcepoint DLP key features:

• Identify, remediate and secure sensitive data with network, cloud, and endpoint discovery.
  • Central management of policies across all channels, including cloud, endpoint, network, web, and email.
  • Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to identify data embedded in images.
  • Personally Identifiable Information (PII) for validation checks, real name detection, and proximity analysis.
  • Custom encryption identification for exposing concealed data.
  • Machine learning, which allows users to train the system to identify unfamiliar data. Users can provide the engine with positive and negative examples so similar data can be flagged.
  • Analytics for identifying changes in user behavior. These analytics are leveraged to better understand user risk and are then implemented as automated policy enforcement based on the risk level of the user.
  • Cloud protection for monitoring and preventing the loss of sensitive data online, and assessing the risk posed by visited websites.

Reviews from Real Users

Forcepoint DLP stands out among its competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are its risk analysis features and its OCR and data discovery capabilities.

Allan P., an associate consultant at Atos, writes, “With OCR and Risk Analysis, we are able to determine if anything sensitive has been shared. OCR helps us to safeguard those things and with risk ranking, we can determine which user is trying to violate policies multiple times even though they have been blocked. It does require additional servers, as the processing and result of the incident is high, however, it's worth using to see all the use cases being met with these two features as well. They are the best features provided by Forcepoint.”

Mahesh D., A senior manager at 2Five1, notes, “The workflow remediation is quite good. That is a key feature because of which it has the upper hand over other DLP solutions. Endpoint protection, web protection, network protection, and storage use are valuable features. Among these, endpoint protection is most valuable. It has good policies and good mechanisms to detect incidents. The workflow remediation is quite good. That is a key feature because of which it has the upper hand over other DLP solutions. Endpoint protection, web protection, network protection, and storage use are valuable features. Among these, endpoint protection is most valuable. It has good policies and good mechanisms to detect incidents.”

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention was previously known as Forcepoint DLP, Forcepoint Data Security Suite, Websense Data Security Suite.

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Customers

Alphawest, Betsson, Cellcom Israel Ltd., Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, Confartigianato Vicenza, EverBank, Finansbank, iGATE, Landa Digital Printing, Northern California Bank, Reliance Capital, Remosa, Toyota, Scavolini, Zim Integrated Shipping Services

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Video

Archived Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Reviews (more than two years old)

Product Manager with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Cost-effective, intuitive GUI and is easy to scale

What is our primary use case?

Most of the time we leave it at the first party level because of its ease of use and they do not need too much knowledge to use it. We offer it within the SMB market because it's not complex like other DLP solutions on the market, like McAfee. It is good for retail and the SMB, but I think they must have a COM-LAN with a stand-up LAN.

What is most valuable?

The GUI is very intuitive. That is the way I would explain its ease of use. It is straightforward.

I have been using Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention for over a year.

As for its stability, it is very stable.

Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I believe it is very easy to scale.

Our clients are small and medium businesses.

Support is quite good for this product

The initial setup is very simple. You can deploy for 10 users or up to a hundred users in the same way.

In all cases we do the data classified setup. Usually for the biome of a small company, like 50 users, setup takes more than one week.

I think it's the most cost-effective and affordable solution compared to other solutions that I have. I have not heard anything bad from customers.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone is looking for simplicity in a DLP solution, they must go with Forcepoint.

On a scale between one and ten, I would rate Forcepoint a nine.

Private Cloud
Co-Founder at Critical Technologies
Reseller
Protection for your critical data that is quick to deploy and inexpensive
  • "The product is good and reliable. The vendor company is continually improving it and they seem to stay one step ahead."
  • "Everything can be improved and maybe there is a way to improve the user experience through the interface."

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution for data protection and access to our critical company information.

What is most valuable?

I do not think I should name a specific feature that is the most valuable because it is a product we are using as a unified solution and that is very important because it is one of the leaders in the Gartner Magic Quadrant. So there is not a specific feature that is more important than the whole of it together.

What needs improvement?

The product is actually quite a good and reliable product and I don't know what to suggest because we are quite satisfied with it. So I would not want to name something that could be improved because it is a product that the vendor company is continually improving and upgrading on their own. The new features that they add in are quite satisfying for our needs. They seem to stay one step ahead.

There are customers that are moving from Fortinet or Cisco to Forcepoint. I think that is mainly because it is coming from military technology, from Raytheon (defense contracting), so it is quite well rated even though it has not been around for a long time.

In the next release of Forcepoint DLP, I don't really think that there a lot of things that I would need. I guess that there is always a way to improve the experience surrounding the user interface.

We have been using this solution for about two years now.

The product is very stable.

It is very easy to scale this product because it is made to be used by big enterprises and also fleet management sites all over the world. We have about 100 users who are working with the solution within our company. They are normal end-users, not administrators, and the product is installed on each computer. We only require one person on staff for deployment and maintenance. It is actually less than one person. But it is one person dedicated to the task of supporting the product.

We have had the opportunity to use their technical support. They were very prompt and very good about getting us what we needed. They are very skilled and we were satisfied with their work.

We did not use another solution previously before using Forcepoint DLP.

The setup for the product is quite straightforward. It takes maybe 10 or 15 minutes to be installed before it is ready to be used. For the integration, it took maybe one day. In all, it was very fast.

We did the deployment of the solution with the help of our own team. I was not directly involved.

The cost for the product for us is less than $10 per user. We do not pay any additional costs for technical support. Everything is included.

Before choosing Forcepoint DLP we did evaluate other options in the product category like from CA Technologies (Computer Associates, acquired by Broadcom, Inc.). We also considered a DLP product by Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

Advice that I would give to someone looking into implementing Forcepoint DLP is to take care and compare it to other solutions. Other solutions may have a more established reputation because Forcepoint is a new name on the market. But I would recommend taking a look at all the technical features and the pricing as part of their consideration before making a decision.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Forcepoint DLP as a nine-out-of-ten. The thing that would make it a ten for me would be for the company to improve the technical implementation. It should be better organized.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: distributor
Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention
August 2022
620,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Chief Information Security Officer and Founder at a insurance company with 201-500 employees
An industry leader providing excellent sensitive data protection that's very stable
  • "The solution offers very good sensitive data protection."
  • "It would be wonderful if the solution could develop more AI and machine learning capabilities. It would also be good if the solution was able to integrate with other ML and AI solutions. Right now, this is lacking."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for processing our sensitive data which is strategic data and strategic information exchanged between our top management personnel.

The purpose was to acquire the solution to protect us from incidents involving the sensitive data from our group getting taken. This happened previously, where data was taken from us and given to another competitor. There was another leak as well and since then we've tried to carefully guard our data and implemented, for example, Apple Mail to protect our mail from third parties.

What is most valuable?

The product is interesting. It meets our needs very well. It's the best solution when compared to Symantec, for example. We have both ForcePoint and Gartner as well and it's a leader among similar solutions.

The solution offers very good sensitive data protection.

The solution is excellent at protecting strategic information. I deployed it when I was working in the petrol industry for an oil and gas group. It was the biggest one in Morocco. We held important information about critical activities, including providing gas and oxygen for the hospital. We were considered critical IT and we had to comply with the operative elective and the law. DLP helped us to protect our data and we improved our safety in order to comply with the law and existing regulations.

What needs improvement?

We started working with Forcepoint DLP three years ago.

The solution is stable enough.

The solution easily scales. We are able to expand it as needed.

Technical support was good.

The is the first type of solution in this category that we have used.

In terms of implementing the solution, it's not easy and not complex. It's average. The deployment's level of difficulty is average as well. You just need to have the prerequisites satisfied.

I appreciate their support because their support was with us to assist us until we deployed the two instances in our infrastructure.

I was the CISO, the Chief Information Security Officer of the company, at the time. My scope was to assist and to manage the project from the start to the close. I worked with the operational security to deploy it.

My scope was to cover governance. For example, elaborating on the policy for classification. It was a prerequisite to define the policy target in the DLP and to organize or to plan for the workshop with the strategic and sensitive entities in our group. I made sure they tried the solution and integrated the entities into the pilot side as well.

The solution's support assisted us throughout the deployment process.

What other advice do I have?

We were on Office 365 on the cloud. It wasn't enough. Since then, we've described our policy to Apple Mail and have elaborated out information classification. Afterward, we invited the business and the strategic entity to workshops to classify the data effectively and try the solution after implementing the DLP.

We use a hybrid deployment model and acquired the solution with the hybrid functionality to help protect our sensitive data in the inter-managed hybrid space.

The solution has been good, and it has responded to our needs. As a group, we were afraid of the safety around our sensitive data which was exchanged in our mail. We had an obligation to protect the data classified as confidential or restricted. The solution, since implementation, has helped us to protect our data and mitigate risk effectively.

ForcePoint also offers a bundle that includes modules that cover URL filtering and app data for other DLPs. It's very good.

Based on my experience, I advise any other organizations to test, try, and to be convinced by the solution before fully implementing it. Users will need to define exactly what it is they need from it and what their exact needs are to effectively deploy it. I think every user will appreciate that solution.

We've experienced a lot of cyberattacks, so the DLP is necessary for us and would be beneficial to any company that has critical activities or has staff that exchanges sensitive data.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Finance and Engineer at a non-tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides fast management of personal data and good loss reports
  • "It's fast and it prepares loss reports."
  • "The protection of personal data needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is to manage personal identification, and for data loss prevention in government.

What is most valuable?

What I like most is that it's quick.

It's fast and it prepares loss reports.

What needs improvement?

The data loss prevention and personal data need improvement.

The protection of personal data needs to be improved.

I would like to see integration with OCS in the next release of this solution.

We have been using this solution for four years.

We are using the latest version.

130 people using Data Loss prevention.

I prefer Forceoint because it is cheaper than Symantec.

I prefer Forcepoint for data discovery and data loss prevention. I have evaluated Symantec data loss prevention and ICT (Information Centric Tagging) for classification and discovery.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to use these same components.

Sanjeet Kumar Bhuyan - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Consultant and Cybersecurity Support at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good technical support, easy to install, and the CASB feature is helpful
  • "After the configuration, it is very stable, and in the last two years, I haven't been faced with many issues or product-related challenges."
  • "The initial setup is a bit complex. You will need help from the peer support team in the configuration."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for this solution is DLP.

What is most valuable?

Some of the features that I find to be valuable are the data loss features, such as CASB, Network, and Email.

What needs improvement?

The Database needs to be improved and fine-tuning is required on this product.

If they fine-tune it more, It will reduce the time that the client is spending on doing it. There are competitors on the market who are doing that now.

I realized that the engineering team is working on updates and improvements, so it is possible they are working on this now and will make it better. There are more things to see with this solution.

There are default policies regarding the source code and your instant messages. They should have been upgraded. I had already raised this and opened a ticket regarding this issue, and they are working on it.

The way DLP is now, people are using many different electronic things. DLP needs to put some focus on improving.

I have been using this solution for the last two years.

This solution is one hundred percent stable.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support is very nice. I don't have any issues other than the time zones. It's a bit of an issue for me.

The support is over email only.

The initial setup is a bit complex. You will need help from the peer support team in the configuration.

The environment is based on your environment and there were some policy-related issues, but they have been fixed internally.

What other advice do I have?

It is better to use this solution first, before using others.

Overall it's a nice product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Edwin EzeOsiago - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Security Solutions at Infodata Professional Services
Reseller
A perfectly scalable solution that offers unique fingerprinting technology and good stability
  • "The fingerprinting technology is the solution's most valuable feature. It's unique to Forcepoint."
  • "There's zero Forcepoint presence in West Africa. Customers typically like having these things close to them. It would help if they had a presence here. Right now, Forcepoint West Africa has been administered from South Africa. Because of this, customers can't access premium support in our region."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to stop the loss of data through various channels.

What is most valuable?

The fingerprinting technology is the solution's most valuable feature. It's unique to Forcepoint.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint should consider developing its own classification technique to complement its fingerprinting technique. That way it will be the most sorted after DLP Solution in the market.

Technical support needs improvement. There are long stretches of time between queries and responses. It's worrisome.

There's zero Forcepoint presence in West Africa. Customers typically like having these things close to them. It would help if they had a presence here. Right now, Forcepoint West Africa has been administered from South Africa. Because of this, customers can't access premium support in our region.

The stability of the solution is very good. I'd rate it ten out of ten.

The solution is perfectly scalable. We have thousands of users on different deployments. The highest amount of users on a deployment is somewhere around 6,500. We do intend to increase usage.

There's no support presence in my region. Because of this clients can't access premium support.

From the DLP perspective, I have only used Forcepoint, but from the perspective of general edge firewall URL filtering, I've used Checkpoint. I've also used Sophos in the past.

If you understand what it is you want to achieve, then the setup is straightforward. Deployment takes anywhere from three or four weeks all the way up to six or eight weeks. If clients don't give us all the requirements it takes a bit longer. For maintenance, you need about two people. As long as they have Forcepoint administrator certification they can handle maintaining the solution.

I do try to handle the implementations myself, but I also have a list of consultants that can assist as necessary. Forcepoint has very good documentation I can reference if I need to, which has been very helpful during implementations.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Forcepoint reseller. I typically handle the on-premises deployment model, but I do have a client who is currently moving to the cloud.

I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Ensures that data within the organization is also protected, whether it's in motion, in use, or at rest but support needs improvement
  • "Another valuable feature is that it provides integration to things like Cloud Access Security Broker, which provides security around cloud applications."
  • "I am really impressed by the interface and management console but the requirements are very high and the response time is too slow."

What is our primary use case?

We've been using this solution for about five, six years now. Our primary use case for Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention is for internal and external compliance, based on banking regulations. It also allows us to ensure that data within the organization is also protected - whether this data is in motion, in use, or at rest. At any point in time, data is always in a three-state situation. Either the data is at rest, which means it's not being used at all, or the data is being used. If someone works on the data, the data is in motion, which means it's moving from one location to another in the network.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution improved our organization in the sense that, when we switched over to Office 365, we were able to apply the DLP policies to our Office 365 traffic. It also increased the visibility of what is happening regarding data moving in and out. Thirdly, it offers executive reporting and allows us to see what is going on for executive decision making. Finally, it helps the organization in meeting the compliance requirements of the Central Bank.

What is most valuable?

One of the features I find most valuable is that it is very easy to install. Secondly, it has a very deep reporting mechanism, so it can give you a very detailed report. Then, thirdly, it gives you protection, either at the endpoint, at the network level, and also at the server level. Which also includes the endpoint.

It can also easily be integrated into the data cloud protection and be integrated with cloud protection software or application. This gives us wide visibility and control over our network, for both inbound and outbound data.

Another valuable feature is that it provides integration to things like Cloud Access Security Broker, which provides security around cloud applications.

It also gives integration with SIEM solution, which means that from a SIEM, you'll be able to actually see what is happening around your data. It has some very unique capabilities, such as optical character recognition and custom encryption identification. It has an out of the box library of templates, which enables you to easily set it up and deploy, making it possible for you to identify and stop data theft. You can even integrate it to your email if you want to extend it, where you can actually have DLP around the email and not just around the web and network.

What needs improvement?

The requirements for the implementation is quite heavy. Forcepoint needs to look at how they can reduce the terms of the requirement for implementation. They also need to look at providing training for the end user, to enable them to get on it at speed. Their support also need to improve, because the response to support time is not very fast. Their response time is about 8 to 12 hours, so something needs to be done about that.

It's reasonably stable. But for every solution there will always be challenges every now and then. Because of the high movement of data from one location to another things become challenging to the client. So it creates a false impression of instability.

We currently have 9,000 users.

The solution is absolutely scalable in the sense that it is important to also have a discussion with customers about having visibility on their growth path.

If you have visibility of their growth path, for instance, a three-year visibility, it means that you can tell the customer that they will grow from 5,000 users to 10,000 users during this time. If the customer agrees, it is important to ensure that you have a solution that can accommodate the 10,000 users and one that has a three-year warranty.

So we can build on that from the beginning by extending the number of licenses. It is therefore very scalable.

I will rate their technical support a seven out of ten because their response time is very slow.

The initial setup was fast and straightforward and we did everything ourselves. Our implementation strategy was to assess the environment, in terms of the infrastructure. Most of the key departments were involved. Then we did a one-day workshop to enable some of the key stakeholders to understand what it's all about. After the workshop, we were able to come up with use cases. After that, we started with the implementation.

After installation and setting up of the database, we started configuring the application, which depended on our internal policies and security requirements.

Then we did some test runs on a few desktops. That went on well so we continued with quite a number of devices until everything was up and running.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be to make sure that you do a BOT at the beginning before you take any DLP decision, do a BOT. If you're going with Forcepoint, ensure that you have the prices locked down properly, and the user licenses clearly defined.

Then finally, ensure that you sign the right support, you get the right support contract, or support flavor with them. Then you do your sizing properly, especially if you are using Office 365, because Office 365, the mini-environment, has huge performance issues around solutions. So be sure to do your sizing properly.

I rate this solution a seven out of ten. I am really impressed by the interface and management console but the requirements are very high and the response time is too slow.

IT Manager at a government with 10,001+ employees
Easy to configure and offers good support
  • "The ease of configuration was probably one of its biggest selling points."
  • "I can't push a report by a certain organizational entity or unit without a lot of work. The reporting could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We use Forcepoint primarily for data loss prevention and detection.

What is most valuable?

The ease of configuration was probably one of its biggest selling points. I know that we took a long time to get it configured properly but it just takes a while. It's a big tool and it does a lot of work.

What needs improvement?

I don't know where they are going as an organization vendor, because my job ends the moment its implemented, so I would go onto other things.

If I were a betting man, though, I would say that they're going to have to find a way of creating what we call multitenancy, because if for example we have a constituency group set of users who don't work for the department and they contract out, then our work with them is highly sensitive. Being able to separate in segment amounts separately from our core would help. We could use better ways of customer or users segmentation capabilities.

For example, if I wanted to push a report by a certain organizational entity or unit, I wouldn't be able to do that without a lot of work. The reporting could be better.

We've been using Forcepoint for about 18 months.

I think it's going to be hard to beat if they ever decide to replace it. Forcepoint is a pretty good product, we're all pleased with it.

I think it is pretty scalable, at least to the point that we've deployed it to.

We have a workforce of 1,300, of which we have deployed to approximately 800. We also have another set of users who don't work for the department but are contracted out through our agents and sub-agents and they handle the vehicles. We have not deployed to their devices yet, so we have both endpoint and central server data loss prevention technology in place.

We can tell you where anybody went, when they went, how they went, and what they used to get there.

Everybody uses it whether they know it or not, we put out reports monthly on what we call PII information (Personally Identifiable Information). If you know anything about data loss prevention and detection, anytime someone hits a website or even tries to go on, it's logged and captured and we know who went where and what they did, we know what files they looked at and what files they sent, so more power to you. If you want to try something go for it.

We have a CISO, six ISOs (information security officers) or analysts, and over fifteen field service personnel who can work with it. We are pretty broad that way and deep. We have got quite a number of people. Our ISO team itself is comprised of six individuals, a CISO and five analysts.

Security doesn't stop, nor does the pervasiveness of data and its ubiquitous nature. Here at this organization, we don't stop security. We expand it to cover other avenues or channels that come into play. We cover other data structures that are created when another solution takes off. We don't stop simply because it is implemented. It's an ongoing tailored activity we do all the time.

We have six people whose job is just this. Just like technology, we have to stay with it. You can't just throw it up and forget about it. It grows and the rules and policies need to be modified. What people need to remember is that public service is at the whim and fancy of our constituency groups. We report to the legislator, the governor's office, and the citizens of the state. As such, when we put in a system, it has to comply not only with federal regulations but also with state legislators' intent, as well as the governor's office. That is the difference and that is why we take security really personally here.

I have heard good things of the support that Forcepoint gives us, so I would have to say that its good.

I don't work with the product directly but I am very well attuned to what they are doing.

I don't believe that we had a DLP in place prior to now.

We had security, but two and a half years ago our agency set out to really step up its information security program.

During that time we have made major investments, in process, like data classification, security concerns, risk assessments, risk management, etc. We do this for a living, so it is important to us.

There were products out there for data loss prevention technology, but we didn't believe that they had yet achieved the maturity that they have today, so it would have been premature to pull something in sooner.

The marketing in and of itself is growing, expanding, and changing. Wait until you get ready to do business intelligence and artificial intelligence and try to secure that when it can bypass you on its own. Give learning machines enough instructions and they will figure a way out.

To the best of my knowledge, the initial setup was pretty straightforward. We also had quite a bit of coaching that was done for us by the vendor.

We are still working on deployment. It's going to take two to two and a half years.

It all depends on the political climate that we're in. We are not a normal state agency. We do not have one constituency group, we have multiple constituency groups. We license vehicles, drivers, and professionals, such as lawyers, attorneys, landscapers, architects, etc.

In addition to all of that, we also have a lot of partnerships with law enforcement agencies, courts, lawyers, and insurance companies, so we do a lot of highly technical security programming here.

We don't just throw it out. We are methodical in how we do this.

We didn't use an integrator reseller or consultant for the deployment. We are doing it our selves.

What other advice do I have?

If I were to give some advice, I would say don't try to do it all at once, it won't work. Know that you're going to go. It's different from building line-of-business solutions. Whereas from a line-of-business solution you work from the outside in, with security programs you work from the inside out. You have to get your data governance in place, as well as information security governance. You need to assign who will be responsible. Decide who to send information to if something does happen. All that has to happen before you begin trying to bring in a system.

You have to know your organization well enough to be able to configure a product to make effective use of it. Don't do it unless you have the guts to do it.

I would rate this solution as eight out of ten. There are better solutions, but this was better when it came out. When it did come out, this was the best solution we could find. At the same time, I don't know if I would rate anything else higher than that now, either. Every security tool that we have seen has pluses and minuses, advantages and disadvantages.

Another reason we didn't go with the IQ or any management type of component is the deconstruction and the reconstruction of existing security roles. The biggest problem information security has today is the decoupling and deconstruction of active directory designated accounts which for all practical purposes were based on functionality. One role can have multiple pieces of functionality associated with it, so going to a role-based type of solution muddies the waters.

The vernacular needs to change to be more adaptable if they're gonna put out the configuration types of solutions.

I-Security Engineer at NHQ Distributions Ltd
Enables us to keep our legal and confidential documents safe and secure
  • "We don't require a lot of downtime, but when we do then we are getting proper support with no issue."
  • "There is no support for the Bangla (Bengali) language, so we cannot use the Forcepoint technology for Bangla documents."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to prevent leakage of enterprise legal data and company confidential documents.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has been very useful for myself, my colleagues, and our customers by helping us to be more informed about IT concepts and DLP systems. This includes how to deal with enterprise legal data, legal documents, and especially confidential documents. There are IT cultural activities that we learn from this solution.

What is most valuable?

We use several components in this solution, including Endpoint Discovery, CEIT technology, Network Discovery, and NT integration. The most valuable feature in this solution is the support for templates.

What needs improvement?

The user interface for this solution should be improved.

We would like to see OCR from handwritten documents.

There is no support for the Bangla (Bengali) language, so we cannot use the Forcepoint technology for Bangla documents. It does support other languages, but Bangla is not one of them.

Finally, there are some of our customers who want to have a greater resolution when dealing with these technologies.

Three to five years.

This is a very stable solution. We don't have a lot of downtime, but when we do then we get proper support with no issue.

This is not a product for small enterprise level customers, so most of the time we have to implement Forcepoint DLP for our large customers.

We have four to five customers using this, with several thousand users. They are doing fine, and we are trying to increase usage. The majority of users work in the Information Security department.

I have contacted support many times and I am pleased. We get support without any issues, either from India, England, or the USA. If there is a personnel shortage then sometimes it takes longer, but this is not a very big problem, most of the time.

Before Forcepoint, we used the McAfee solution for internet security. It had flaws and was lacking in terms of technological advancement.

We still use McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator, but most of the time not for DLP. We use it for endpoint solutions such as malware detection.

The initial setup is not that complex. I would say that it is easy to set up.

The deployment time depends on whether the solution is being integrated with third-party products. If you are installing Forcepoint DLP with Forcepoint proxy and security then it is not a problem but, if you try to integrate it with Google, Cisco, or another third-party then sometimes there are problems and it takes longer.

We use four or five staff for deployment. Post-deployment, you can use just two or three for maintenance. The people are normally from Information Security, although some customers engage their operational team, as well.

Most of the time we handle the deployment for our customers. If something is not working properly, such as not getting the proper data or traffic, then we contact Forcepoint for support.

The pricing and licensing fees could be improved. Some customers feel that the pricing is too high. For instance, Forcepoint doesn't sell less than two hundred and fifty licenses, and some customers find this is problematic.

For my office, it is a one-year license. For most of the customers, licensing is on a three-year basis. Some customers have requested perpetual licenses.

Before choosing this solution we evaluated Symantec Data Loss Prevention, but the pricing is too high for most of our customers.

What other advice do I have?

I suggest that before implementing this solution, people should decide which servers they want to keep at which location. This is a good strategy because after implementation and deployment, changing the server position creates problems. Proper homework is necessary before the full deployment.

This is one of the best solutions in the world but without support for our local language, Bangla, I cannot rate it ten out of ten. Overall, I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: There are several languages which are detected by the Forcepoint. We expect Bangla as a language in the DLP for data detection/blocking.
DR Goyal - PeerSpot reviewer
VP Technology at a outsourcing company with 51-200 employees
We receive a lot of insights from this product

What is our primary use case?

We have some financial stuff which is critical for us and don't want to lose that data. This is the primary focus.

We use this product everyday in our organization. We plan to increase our usage this year.

What is most valuable?

We receive a lot of insights from this product.

What needs improvement?

We want to be able to do data classification better in the product and reduce false positives, especially on data loss prevention. Because of this, we are currently looking for another solution for the data classification.

Three to five years.

The product is stable.

We have one person who is managing the IT for this and doing the maintenance.

The scalability is good. We have about 150 users in our environment with a mix of project managers, a technical team, product managers, sales, accounting, and finance.

I have not contacted this solution's technical support.

We use our own technical team, which is very strong.

We did not have a solution prior to Forcepoint DLP.

The initial setup was not complex, but not simple.

The pricing and licensing are okay.

What other advice do I have?

Go for it. I would recommend this solution.

Javier Ramirez - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Security Specialist at SEFISA
Includes a custom template so you don't need to compute one and was easy to implement
  • "It has helped us meet CTI requirements. Some employees accidentally shared information and it was able to block that information. That is one of the biggest benefits we have seen from this tool."
  • "It should integrate better with email."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for PCI certification so that the company employees' credit card information doesn't get lost.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us meet CTI requirements. Some employees accidentally shared compromising information and it was able to block that information. That is one of the biggest benefits we have seen from this tool.

What is most valuable?

I was working with other customers with the integration of the solution of web protection with DLP and it allows the same agent to bring it and you can protect them and in some cases share web pages or emails. The other thing is that they already have a custom template so you don't have to compute that.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes the agent has trouble communicating with the central management. You need to push a lot of different times to get the policy. Another issue is that the templates are primarily in English and Japanese. They have a lot of Spanish speaking customers and should have more options in Spanish.

It should integrate better with email.

It's quite stable. Sometimes, when we do an upgrade, we get some trouble but otherwise, it's very stable.

Scalability depends on the operation of the system. We have around fifty users.

Their technical support is great. The technicians are very experienced. We don't have any trouble with them.

The initial implementation was easy because we implemented 25 to 50 agents. We didn't have a lot of problems. It was truly easy to implement this product. The deployment took one month. We saw what data we needed to protect and we told the agents.

We required two people for the setup who were IT people. We use it every day.

We implemented it ourselves.

It's not the cheapest solution but it's not the most expensive. It's a good price for a good product.

What other advice do I have?

The first advice is that you should know what data you need to protect then you can implement everything. If you know what you need it'll be a lot easier. You also need good hardware and resources in the computer hardware to be able to implement.

I would rate it an eight out of ten. An eight because you need to have a lot of security experience to properly implement it, in order to know what you need to activate. It's not a  plug and play solution.

Download our free Forcepoint Data Loss Prevention Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022
Product Categories
Data Loss Prevention (DLP)